The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
I for one am glad that they took this approach. Update everything, and keep everything fresh. Try to uphold at least a certain level of quality. Try their best to bring the most out of this next gen hardware, and they are doing a damn good job so far. Still, you dont get to decide what people do or don't notice.

I dont mind the cars from FM4 being paid DLC for FM5, thats at least understandable to an extent. What would upset me is paying for cars that where in FM5, in FH2.
Still, they took away the El Camino! At least let me have my El Camino!

Finally took time to make my own individual account on Xbox Live after putting in countless hours as a guest playing IDARB. If anybody wants some more Drivatars for Forza 6 later on the year feel free to shoot me a friend request.

XBL: ClassicBrend

Finally took time to make my own individual account on Xbox Live after putting in countless hours as a guest playing IDARB. If anybody wants some more Drivatars for Forza 6 later on the year feel free to shoot me a friend request.

XBL: ClassicBrend
I'll be sending you one when I get a chance. My GT is easily recognizable, so you'll know when you see a friend request :)

I also played the F&F FH2 on my brothers XB1 as well. And still, Forza 2-4 (including Horizon 1/2) is a lot better than just FM5 an FH2.

Why not just own all your fav Forza games on both the X360 and XOne?

I still have my X360 + FH1, FM3 and 4. Think I might dive back into that sometime this weekend.

The previous Forza games may be better in terms of content, but we should remember they had time to play around with the hardware.

FM5 and H2 are only the first line-up of games on the new Xbox. Wait till FM6 and H3.. I'm sure previous-gen Forzas will be a thing of the past.

Although, in all honestly, I'm missing FM4 to death!

Why not just own all your fav Forza games on both the X360 and XOne?

I still have my X360 + FH1, FM3 and 4. Think I might dive back into that sometime this weekend.

The previous Forza games may be better in terms of content, but we should remember they had time to play around with the hardware.

FM5 and H2 are only the first line-up of games on the new Xbox. Wait till FM6 and H3.. I'm sure previous-gen Forzas will be a thing of the past.

Although, in all honestly, I'm missing FM4 to death!
I remember some crazy cars I had on FM3&4.

Had a crazy fast RWD Integra that wanted to drift EVERYWHERE and a super awesome Corvette Engined 950HP Camaro Z/28 too. Then there was the Supra engined Lexus IS on FM2! Man I miss Forza and it's crazy tuning.

I remember some crazy cars I had on FM3&4.

Had a crazy fast RWD Integra that wanted to drift EVERYWHERE and a super awesome Corvette Engined 950HP Camaro Z/28 too. Then there was the Supra engined Lexus IS on FM2! Man I miss Forza and it's crazy tuning.

THIS is probably the only thing that seriously ticks me off in FM5: some of the BEST cars from the previous game either didn't make the cut or can be had only through paid DLC...what a load'o'croc!!

And to top it off, you can't sell your cars or their parts...whaaaathh?!!

Stupid in-game economy mumble grumble ^%##@$!

You say you miss it; sold your X360? Why on earth would you do that?! :banghead:

THIS is probably the only thing that seriously ticks me off in FM5: some of the BEST cars from the previous game either didn't make the cut or can be had only through paid DLC...what a load'o'croc!!

And to top it off, you can't sell your cars or their parts...whaaaathh?!!

Stupid in-game economy mumble grumble ^%##@$!

You say you miss it; sold your X360? Why on earth would you do that?! :banghead:
PS4.jpg

Nice! So the controls ain't twitchy or anything?

How did the sound design grab you?
Coming from GTR2 (where using a DS4 isn't advised) the controls were great and handled how I expected. The sounds were incredible too. Still haven't got a chance to drive the F1 Lotuses yet.

Coming from GTR2 (where using a DS4 isn't advised) the controls were great and handled how I expected. The sounds were incredible too. Still haven't got a chance to drive the F1 Lotuses yet.

Thanks for the feedback 👍

So it appears the PS4 controller gives you better control than the X1's pad? If that is true, then that is probably the most bizarre fact I'm come across in gaming... :confused:

Thanks for the feedback 👍

So it appears the PS4 controller gives you better control than the X1's pad? If that is true, then that is probably the most bizarre fact I'm come across in gaming... :confused:
If you're talking about GTR2, it's great once you set it up right. Triggers to gears, d-pad for pit menu, L1 for pit request, R1 for headlights, left stick to steer, right stick to accel/brake, triangle for changing view and square for pit limiter.

If you're talking about GTR2, it's great once you set it up right. Triggers to gears, d-pad for pit menu, L1 for pit request, R1 for headlights, left stick to steer, right stick to accel/brake, triangle for changing view and square for pit limiter.

Mate, why would I be talking about GTR2?? :banghead::lol:

Right now, I'm only interested in PCARS on consoles. I'm on X1.

http://support.activision.com/artic...iles-from-PlayStation-4-and-Xbox-One-Consoles

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/204395718--PS4-Xbox-One-How-To-Clear-The-Cache-

Both these articles are about how to "properly" reset cache. I wasn't aware that you also need to tap the power button 3 to 4 times after disconnecting the power brick, just to completely flush out the cache/RAM or whatever.

Should I be doing this every time just to get things to run faster and/or smoother (they are fine as is).

All I do is tap the console to power off, and switch off from main (my brick's connected to a voltage regulator), and power it back up with a tap, that's it. I'd clear persistent storage and alternate MAC address every now and then just for good measure.

Thoughts? Do share. :)

I'm currently considering picking up my own Xbox One in the next few weeks. There is one in my house but it is primarily my little brother's so I'm not guarenteed time on it. The question I was going to ask is that do you think MS will announce a F6 bundle at E3?

I'm currently considering picking up my own Xbox One in the next few weeks. There is one in my house but it is primarily my little brother's so I'm not guarenteed time on it. The question I was going to ask is that do you think MS will announce a F6 bundle at E3?
They usually do when a Forza game comes out don't they?

I would wait until after E3 for sure. Probably a couple different types of bundles for random games. Plus it wouldn't surprise me with a sale, or another price drop.

http://support.activision.com/artic...iles-from-PlayStation-4-and-Xbox-One-Consoles

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/204395718--PS4-Xbox-One-How-To-Clear-The-Cache-

Both these articles are about how to "properly" reset cache. I wasn't aware that you also need to tap the power button 3 to 4 times after disconnecting the power brick, just to completely flush out the cache/RAM or whatever.

Should I be doing this every time just to get things to run faster and/or smoother (they are fine as is).

All I do is tap the console to power off, and switch off from main (my brick's connected to a voltage regulator), and power it back up with a tap, that's it. I'd clear persistent storage and alternate MAC address every now and then just for good measure.

Thoughts? Do share. :)
I wouldn't do that unless I was having problems, like what every page recommends when you search up that method

This operation has been reported (and tested by myself) to solve an is when starting a game on the Xbox One where the system would show just the initial loading screen (picture) and then crash back to the Home screen. While this porblem is said to not affect app, in my personal experience it has affected using the TV app to watch television. Once this below steps were taken, the Xbox One was back to working as normal. Please see below for a quick guide.

Source: http://xboxoneforums.com/threads/7642-how-clear-your-xbox-ones-cache

If you're not having any problems with games starting up, then I'd say there is no reason to do this everytime you start your Xbox. Don't forget you'll have to resync your games and redownload all game patches when you want to play something(especially that 14 gb patch from FM5.). I doubt it'll make your games run faster, and your console is so fresh that I doubt its slowing down. Hell, mine is a year old and I play it every day and I'm not noticing any slow downs like that.

So I received my console back from repair yesterday and after reconnecting it, I am getting the same error code.

When I turned it on it hung up at the same Green loading screen with the xbox logo but this time after several minutes I actually made it past and got to the Xbox controller image screen, it got hung up again but eventually I made it to the choose your language and country screens. I thought I was in the clear but then I got to the slightly terrifying "It's Time to Update" screen. There it hung up for over 30 minutes. Eventually I gave up, turned it off by pressing the power button once. It took over 8 minutes to fully shut down, the power light blinked repeatedly the whole time and the controller wouldn't shut off.

I turned it back on at this point, promptly got hung up at the Green Screen of Death again for several minutes and then got the same error code. I was able to replicate the E305 error code several times in a row and I never once made it past the error screen. Since I still had the thumb drive with the Factory reset file lying around, I decide to try it but it did not work.

I called support again, received a new shipping label and it's going back.

When I was repacking the console I noticed a letter from the repair station, it said

"after extensive testing we found nothing wrong with your console, no repairs were made"

Isn't that just cute, maybe they have a magical setup in Texas that allows broken consoles to work? Maybe they just didn't try that hard.

This isn't the first time I've had to resend a supposedly repaired MS console back either. When my launch Xbox 360 console got the RRoD, I sent it in, got it back a month later, plugged it in and got the RRoD instantly.

I've had a bad experience all around with their repair center in Texas.

Latest Posts

Back