The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
Apparently there was a private Microsoft event that showcased a couple of tech demos running on Scorpio

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-project-scorpio-enhances-games-at-1080p

I don't think it says very much from what we already know: Scorpio will be able to upscale games to 4K via supersampling, yada yada.

Do you think Scorpio will really offer richer detail and improved game audio? Or is it simply a console that ups the resolution of every game to 4K provided you have a good 4K TV? I keep thinking about how FM7 is going to look on both consoles. I.e. will the Scorpio version simply offer a cleaner, sharper look or will it actually have higher car/track detail and particle effects plus improved car audio?

I'm just going to wait and see. Windows Central's recent article about 4K on a 1080 screen made me a lot less enthusiastic about the system. I'm not getting a 4K screen anytime soon, so seeing what a potential Scorpio game's down sampling looks like doesn't do much for me. I'd be more excited about a 1080p @30FPS game now running 1080p @60FPS. Looking better at 30FPS doesn't mean much.

I'm just going to wait and see. Windows Central's recent article about 4K on a 1080 screen made me a lot less enthusiastic about the system. I'm not getting a 4K screen anytime soon, so seeing what a potential Scorpio game's down sampling looks like doesn't do much for me. I'd be more excited about a 1080p @30FPS game now running 1080p @60FPS. Looking better at 30FPS doesn't mean much.

Right - 60 fps always better. Easier on the eyes. I'd much rather have that as opposed to the endless obsession with resolution.

Project Scorpio's dev kit shown off in a new short video. Pity it's animated but hopefully a real life unit's video will come soon.

And someone has worked out it's dimensions using that good old standard of measurement, USB port size :lol:

For the past few weeks I've been having a major issue with my XB1 headset, in that it is refusing to connect with my controller. The mic appears to work, as I can mute it and adjust the volume but no-one in my party can hear me, and more recently, I cannot hear anyone either.

I am 90% sure the controller is the issue as I only got the headset a few weeks ago while I've had the controller for nearly a year and a half. Plus if I have both the headset plugged in and the controller wired to the XB1, then everyone else just hears static. Since everything else about the controller works perfectly, I might just trade it in on Friday for a new one and hope a new controller will fix this issue.

Edit:

Also, pretty good month for XBL games
DAk6zB4XsAAneDt.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't expect it so soon but GOLD members now have access to the XBOX Games Pass, and includes a 14 day free trial.

http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/games/xbo...c_pma_GOO_DR-Awareness_xbox games#gamesection

Game Count: 111

Current games list:
#IDARB
A Kingdom For Feelings (X360 BC)
A World of Keflings (X360 BC)
Age of Booty (X360 BC)
Banjo Kazooie (X360 BC)
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts 'N' Bolts (X360 BC)
Banjo Tooie (X360 BC)
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (X360 BC)
Bioshock (X360 BC)
Bioshock 2 (X360 BC)
Bioshock Infinite (X360 BC)
Blood Bowl 2
Borderlands (X360 BC)
Bound By Flame (X360 BC)
Braid (X360 BC)
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Capcom Arcade Cabinet (X360 BC)
Castlestorm (X360 BC)
Comic Jumper (X360 BC)
Comix Zone (X360 BC)
Dark Dreams Don't Die
Dark Void (X360 BC)
De Blob 2 (X360 BC)
Defense Grid (X360 BC)
Defense Grid 2
Dig Dug (X360 BC)
Devil May Cry Definitive Edition
Double Dragon Neon (X360 BC)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (X360 BC)
Electronic Super Joy
Fable III (X360 BC)
Farming Simulator 15
Final Flight: Double Impact (X360 BC)
Flock! (X360 BC)
Galaga Legions DX (X360 BC)
Gears of War (X360 BC)
Gears of War 2 (X360 BC)
Gears of War 3 (X360 BC)
Gears of War: Judgement (X360 BC)
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
GRID 2 (X360 BC)
Halo 5 Guardians
Halo: Spartan Assault
Hexic 2 (X360 BC)
Iron Brigade (X360 BC)
Jetpac Refueled (X360 BC)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie (X360 BC)
Joe Danger Special Edition (X360 BC)
Joy Ride Turbo (X360 BC)
Jumpjet Rex
Kameo: Elements of Power (X360 BC)
King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match (X360 BC)
Knight Squad
KYUB
Layers of Fear
LEGO Batman (X360 BC)
LUMO
Mad Max
Massive Chalice
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Mega Coin Squad
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Metal Slug 3 (X360 BC)
Monday Night Combat (X360 BC)
Ms. Splosion Man (X360 BC)
MX V ATV Reflex (X360 BC)
N+ (X360 BC)
NBA 2K16
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (X360 BC)
OlliOlli
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (X360 BC)
Pac Man Championship Edition DX+ (X360 BC)
Pac Man Museum (X360 BC)
Payday 2: Crimewave Edition
Perfect Dark Zero (X360 BC)
Pumped BMX+
Resident Evil 0
Roundabout
Sacred 3 (X360 BC)
Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space (X360 BC)
Sam & Max Save The World (X360 BC)
Samurai Showdown II (X360 BC)
ScreamRide
SEGA Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co. (X360 BC)
SEGA Vintage Collection: Golden Axe (X360 BC)
SEGA Vintage Collection: Monster World (X360 BC)
SEGA Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage (X360 BC)
Shantae and The Pirate's Curse
SOULCALIBUR (X360 BC)
SOULCALIBUR II HD (X360 BC)
Spelunky (X360 BC)
Splosion Man (X360 BC)
Stacking (X360 BC)
Steredenn
Strider
Sunset Overdrive
Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (X360 BC)
Terraria
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
The Golf Club
The Maw (X360 BC)
The Swapper
Toy Soldiers (X360 BC)
Toy Soldiers: Cold War (X360 BC)
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (X360 BC)
Viva Pinata (X360 BC)
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (X360 BC)
WWE 2K16
XCOM: Enemy Within (X360 BC)

VXR
I know it'll grow, but that's a shocking line-up. At the very least the first party launch titles should be in there.
It's also kind of annoying how much of this lineup is just XBOX 360 games. Out of the 111 games on this list, only 39 of them are XBOX ONE games. Hopefully we'll be getting a lot more XB1 games added in the future.

The laughably lazy/cut down 360 port of the fantastic enhanced PS2 port of the enhanced revision of a Neo Geo game from 1998.

Now on XBone's XBox Game Pass.

VXR
I know it'll grow, but that's a shocking line-up. At the very least the first party launch titles should be in there.

Yeah I know, right? Still no FM4.

And they require you to have a CC/DC on your account even for the free version so they can cleverly start deducting $10 each month. Any other way would be just too simple and MS wouldn't want that, now would it? ;)

Yeah I know, right? Still no FM4.

And they require you to have a CC/DC on your account even for the free version so they can cleverly start deducting $10 each month. Any other way would be just too simple and MS wouldn't want that, now would it? ;)
Every single company that offers a free trial for anything that has a monthly subscription to it will ask for a CC. This is not new. No one does that.

I'm not so interested in this, regardless. 10 bucks a month on top of the gold subscription I'm already paying is pushing it.

Every single company that offers a free trial for anything that has a monthly subscription to it will ask for a CC. This is not new. No one does that.

I'm not so interested in this, regardless. 10 bucks a month on top of the gold subscription I'm already paying is pushing it.

Right, there's already a pretty good lineup coming out each month via Games with Gold, not to mention the sweet *** deals.

I hope that doesn't signal a repeat of the first Xbox One presentation. We want to know how it runs new and existing games, not about partnerships with sports labels, TV channels and streaming services. Oh, and please do not end with a disappointing price tag (i.e. over £400).
It's already been confirmed to run any game that is available on the base, a long time ago, hasn't it? With the PS4 Pro being set at $400, which would be around £310 for you, and the Scorpio having significantly more oomph, I would imagine you're in for disappointment. Although, I would say if it's under $500 that it would be fairly priced.

I'd say that Microsoft announcing Bro-tastic partnerships and talking about media hub functionality was fairly far down the list of the things that made people hate the Xbone so fiercely for the first year and a half of its life.

I hope that doesn't signal a repeat of the first Xbox One presentation. We want to know how it runs new and existing games, not about partnerships with sports labels, TV channels and streaming services. Oh, and please do not end with a disappointing price tag (i.e. over £400).
The article covers this.

The Verge
First and foremost, Microsoft has been talking about the convergence of living room entertainment and Windows software since before the original Xbox existed. Its video game consoles have always been something of a Trojan horse. And with the company’s reveal for the Xbox One, that thinly concealed strategy went public. The notorious presentation largely overlooked games and favored lengthy explanations of HDMI-pass through, professional sports partnerships, and grand media plans.

Since then, the Xbox team has been on something of an apology tour, refocusing on games to win back the hearts of fans who felt betrayed. At the same time, Microsoft has slowly laid the foundation for Xbox One’s pseudo follow-up, Project Scorpio, building hype for the hardware over the past year by promising the most powerful console on the market. All of the messaging has been zeroed in on how Scorpio will play games better.

Back