Things I Love...

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 375 comments
Having just chewed on some squid for the last 5 minutes I feel the need to disagree with you.
Send it here then. I love squid. It is rather pricey in these parts though as fish and seafood is still considered a luxury really whilst it is considered part of the main diet elsewhere.

Last edited:
Watching hockey
Running, especially in the rain or snow
Sleeping
That moment when you just wake up, you're all cozy under your cover, there's a bit of a chill in the air, so you burrow back down under the cover and curl up and doze off again :)
Not having alarms
Any music with a fast beat, so you just wanna move, and get going! :D
When a cute guy goes past. That just makes any day better! I could have failed a test and seeing a nice guy will put a smile back on my face:)

Wow. We're onto the second page of this thread and boobies haven't been mentioned even once. Girls a couple times, but not boobies.

Some of those little things in everyday life that make me happy.
  • Getting coffee in the temperature I like.
  • Being fast enough to catch the earlier bus and not having to wait for the next one.
  • Seeing a Rover 75 on a street.
I know that Rover thing seems bit odd for some of you, but it's nice to see something different than the usual silver, white or dark coloured German/Japanese/Korean car from the mid to late 00s.

I absolutely love overhauling really old machines of all kinds. Taking them apart, learning how they work, enjoying the history and craftsmanship, inspecting the small parts for damage, cleaning and lubing the mechanisms and giving the machine a new shiny surface free from rust and dirt.

The absolute highlight is the first test run after my little overhaul, if they run / operate much smoother than before I'm overwhelmed by a feeling of utter satisfaction.

Back scratches.
When a co worker returns a tool.......clean!
The feeling after waking up after having a realistic nightmare realizing it didn't really happen.

Sleeping with my wife in the afternoons. There's days when I come back from work and I'm really damn sleepy, so I indulge some lazyness in her and soon enough we're in bed all cuddled up. I don't really know why, but I love those afternoon naps, but when I take them alone it's not the same.

I love it when people are polite about really simple things. I just popped out to Morrison's to get a few things, and hit it at the peak time. You have to queue for every till, so I was standing there when a man and his wife slowly walked by behind me, clearly looking for a short wait. I knew I wouldn't take long so I put the little divider down behind my groceries to tell him he should join this queue. His wife started towards the till in front and when she tried telling him it would be quicker, he replied with "but look, the man put the little thing up for us!"

I love it when people are polite about really simple things. I just popped out to Morrison's to get a few things, and hit it at the peak time. You have to queue for every till, so I was standing there when a man and his wife slowly walked by behind me, clearly looking for a short wait. I knew I wouldn't take long so I put the little divider down behind my groceries to tell him he should join this queue. His wife started towards the till in front and when she tried telling him it would be quicker, he replied with "but look, the man put the little thing up for us!"
You love old people I take it.

My girlfriend :embarrassed:, a hot bath, a nap in the afternoon, eating barbacoa with a glass-bottled Pepsi or Coca-Cola on saturday mornings...

A long hot shower after being frozen in the rain outside.

It is also where I do a lot of thinking. If I ever own a company all my R&D employees are going to get a top of the range shower to use at work.

The satisfaction of hitting a new PR at a meet. Running a workout I thought I could never do. Driving the ix on a warm sunny day with the windows down and the sun roof open. Lastly, being able to get an occasional full eight hours of sleep, that's the good life

When you've developed a strong work ethic relationship with another person that you two can function like an extension to each other's minds.

It's hard to come by such a thing IRL, but a more easier example is two people dancing together knowing each other's moves exactly; knowing how to follow up and where to provide support if mistakes are made.

"the man put the little thing up for us!"

This could sound so wrong out of context. :)

Today I'm loving laying in bed. I spent the last few days away where I felt obliged to get up early for breakfast. Now I'm at home and it's just turned 8am and I know that I have as long as I like in bed to just browse online or watch TV. Well, I have until my stomach makes me get up to find food.

That first sip of a freshly opened soda.
When your favorite song comes on in a playlist.
Getting a perfectly executed "1Deag" in Counter Strike.
A properly good engine note.
Flying down hills on a Longboard or a bike.
Sleeping in.
Beating your record laptime in GT.
Seeing a nice car parked or driving by.
Seeing a CRX.
Hanging out with friends on a nice sunny day.

Back