Things I Love...

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 375 comments
How the change of single letter can drastically change the meaning of a sentence.

Even just by its case being changed between upper and lower. Traditionally taught as being the difference between helping ones uncle Jack off a horse and helping ones uncle... well.
Saw this in a movie once. That exact phrase.

@TexRex - You clean up well, friend. :lol:

How the change of single letter can drastically change the meaning of a sentence.

It’s interesting that this can be applied to so many languages. From my experience, changing a single radical of Chinese character in a sentence or a incorrectly writing a Thai vowel can have hilariously disastrous results.

It’s interesting that this can be applied to so many languages. From my experience, changing a single radical of Chinese character in a sentence or a incorrectly writing a Thai vowel can have hilariously disastrous results.
I'm told that using the wrong "T" sound in the Russian word for mother changes it to a swear word. Perhaps @Rage Racer could confirm whether or not that's true?

Мать means mother, the fourth letter isn't pronounced as a letter on its own but changes the pronunciation of the letter preceeding it. It's a difference not used in English so an explanation would be needed for most English speakers to notice the difference.
Cyrillic т sounds like Latin t, the sound is made by touching the front of the tongue to the front of the top of the mouth. When т (or д, which is like the latin d) is followed by ь (not the similar looking б, which does sound like the latin b) then the middle of the tongue touches the middle of the top of the mouth.

Quite Frankly, I think I love creamer at this point. Just having different flavors in my coffee brings me a bit of joy at the start of each day. Though usually I have hazelnut, caramel, or vanilla.

That's another thing, I really love Hazelnut.

Last edited:
The combination of mushroom, shallot and thyme is just amazeballs.

Also...

Sours. The cocktail category. Particularly those that utilize an egg white because of the body it gives the drink.

I have nothing against cow's milk--quite the contrary, actually, and I consume it accordingly--but man, Oatly is just awesome.

I have nothing against cow's milk--quite the contrary, actually, and I consume it accordingly--but man, Oatly is just awesome.
I have a very good recipe for making "milk" from oats.

Big avocados with tiny pits.

Edit: That reads far more sexual than I intended, which was for it to read only a little bit sexual.

Last edited:
Big avocados with tiny pits.

Edit: That reads far more sexual than I intended, which was for it to read only a little bit sexual.
I'm waiting for ...

Tiny avocados with big pits.

... in the things you hate thread.

I'm waiting for ...

Tiny avocados with big pits.

... in the things you hate thread.
Oh, I do hate those. It seems like I get them most, but it could just be that they stand out in my memory more than others.

Well I actually love @Jordan's GTP and browse, post and having contact with all my GTP friends. :D

I really and truly love MONEYYYYYY.

When I'm eating Doritos and find a chip that appears to be much more coated with seasoning compared to the rest. Mmmm.

Last edited:
The kindness of strangers.

Today I pulled a stupid by trying to cross the central reservation and getting stuck.
The ditch was about 10ft across and more than 6ft deep with 45° slopes each side down to the trough. It didn’t looks so deep from the highway.

Once I was in the trench I lost momentum and got stuck, barely able to put a foot down. My attempts to scale the incline to get out just threw up a rooster tail of sand and gravel.

After a few minutes of trying to manhandle a 200kg bike, a chap had seen my struggle and came to my rescue. He helped me manoeuvre in a better position where I could get some traction and move along the trench to a gentler incline.

Once I’d recovered the road he just took off, after I’d manage to shout “thank you so much!” in his direction.

Lessons learnt: people can be pretty decent, even to a stranger, and road tyres are no match for loose embankments.

My rear tyre looks like grot but my clutch is still functional. All the reviewers of this bike claiming it has “ADV potential” clearly haven’t taking it further than a fire road.

If that bloke, or anyone else for that matter, hadn’t bothered to assist me, it would have taken me the best part of an hour to get free. In 40° weather and lacking any significant muscle power, I can’t tell you how happy I was that matey decided to be a Good Samaritan today.

This may be off topic but I'd love for this pandemic to be over and gone.

I think we all share that sentiment. So many lives have been rocked and lost. Here’s hoping for a return to ‘normality’ as soon as viable.

I love the feeling after a good physio session. The personal trainer at my wife’s business did me a proper stretching session that has loosened up my who body. I feel like a new man, physically.

All of the tension is gone from my muscles and I’ve got circulation back into places that haven’t seen proper blood flow for years.

I used to go for regular stretches/ massages until the pandemic occurred. This guy visits the house so I think I’ll make it a regular thing. Such a good feeling.

All of the tension is gone from my muscles and I’ve got circulation back into places that haven’t seen proper blood flow for years.
Your brain maybe?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I had to make this joke.

Featured-Image-BEST-GARDEN-HOSE-QUICK-CONNECT-TO-MAKE-YOUR-LIFE-EASIER.png

Garden hose quick disconnects for your exterior faucet. If you live in the south, perhaps you just leave your garden hose connected all the time. If you live someplace where it freezes, especially where it oscillates between needing your hose and freezing, oh man... these things are the bomb!

Last edited:

Garden hose quick disconnects for your exterior faucet. If you live in the south, perhaps you just leave your garden hose connected all the time. If you live someplace where it freezes, especially where it oscillates between needing your hose and freezing, oh man... these things are the bomb!

I’ve been through 3 of those in a relatively short amount of time. My wife keeps buying cheap ones and then wonders why the spring a leak when there put under a bit of strain. I should definitely invest in some good quality ones.

The quick disconnect function is obviously primary, but I also love these for the swivel, particularly when using a spray gun. It hasn't been an issue for me in years by virtue of in-ground watering, but I used to love these when placing a sprinkler because it meant not constantly having to whip the hose around so that the sprinkler head would lay flat.

Back