Things I Love...

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 375 comments
Caesar salad.

Come on. How do so few ingredients come together so simply to create something that's just otherworldly?

Pepper.

I mentioned spices already, but pepper deserves a mention all its own. There are a lot of varieties, but my favorites are black Tellicherry, white and pink. Pepper is also a key ingredient in a Caesar dressing as it cuts through the richer ingredients.

Unicorn pepper mill.

There's a theme here. The Unicorn isn't inexpensive, but there are worse mills that cost much more. Loading it is easy enough that I don't hesitate to temporarily relocate its usual contents to allow for grinding of freshly toasted peppercorns, it's stupid easy to adjust the grind and it puts out ground pepper at an impressive rate; it's a manual mill and it'll best powered ones.

Pepper.

I mentioned spices already, but pepper deserves a mention all its own. There are a lot of varieties, but my favorites are black Tellicherry, white and pink. Pepper is also a key ingredient in a Caesar dressing as it cuts through the richer ingredients.
Somebody laughed at me recently when they saw that I was travelling with just the essentials. New York Times, sunglasses, charger, full pepper mill.

Somebody laughed at me recently when they saw that I was travelling with just the essentials. New York Times, sunglasses, charger, full pepper mill.

As much as I adore pepper, and will usually add it to every hot, savoury meal, it’s chilli powder/ flaked chilli I can’t live without.

Food is just bland without it (probably because I have no functioning taste buds from smoking) so I carry around some chilli in an Altoids tin I keep in the car or in my backpack.

Alliteration. It's just fun.

I get it. Believe me. I not only go through a crazy amount and variety of pepper, but I use it on very nearly everything.

Tiny fruit bodies are forming on the peach tree out back and I just can't wait to pick one ripe, slice it in half, grind some fresh pepper onto the juicy flesh and take a big bite.

I grind pepper on vanilla ice cream.

Since Easter recently happened, I'll mention what I love.
1. Reece's Eggs
2. Chocolate Bunnies, it was one of the things I looked forward to on Easter when I was a kid.
3. Dove Chocolate Eggs, though this connects to my love of Dove chocolate in general.

---
I also love magic shell on my ice cream.

Hot shower water on mosquito bites.

c83e53d25f524f0ad258c665cad6648d_w200.gif

I'd love to be cured, depression free, anxiety free, no more pills. That I would love to bits.

I'd love to be cured, depression free, anxiety free, no more pills. That I would love to bits.
Keep fighting through, man! Glad to see you back on GTP and active again. Also, would love to see you post that you're eating cashews in the eating/drinking thread... even if you're not. It's tradition man :lol:

Keep fighting through, man! Glad to see you back on GTP and active again. Also, would love to see you post that you're eating cashews in the eating/drinking thread... even if you're not. It's tradition man :lol:
I had cashew nuts this afternoon and made a sauce from cashew nuts.

I love cashew nuts.

I had cashew nuts this afternoon and made a sauce from cashew nuts.

I love cashew nuts.
YEAHHHHH! :D

I've been eating the hell out of sunflower seeds lately, dry roasted and sea salt :drool:

* I love smoking an American Spirit Full Bodied Cigarette with a mug of Hot Cocoa or Coffee.

* The taste of a good meal like when I make homemade bean burritos from scratch with homemade guacamole.

* Drinking eggnog.. it's a weakness of mine!

* Listening to beautiful music like Sarah Brightman and Classical music.

* Watching relaxing older nostalgic documentaries from the 80's, 90's and early 00's when they were the best and when the learning channels were still good.

* Crossdressing because I pass well when I do(I'm slender and fairly feminine or androgynous) and it's fun to do once in a while.

And many more.

Creating a mini whirlpool in the toilet by holding my powerful stream to one side.

1 Oatmeal juice..home made

In a blunder combine

water
1 cup of milk
sugar
2 cups of oatmeal 1 minute or original

Optional
Cool-aid mix my favorite is mango

Blend for at least 1 or 2 minutes

and enjoy :bowdown:

I drink it for breakfast and dinner everyday :D

2nd thing i love

Driving the p1 gtr in project cars 2 :P

Creating a mini whirlpool in the toilet by holding my powerful stream to one side.
This looks like a post I would see if a friend decided to take your device while you're not looking and post something embarrassing while you're logged in. :lol:

This looks like a post I would see if a friend decided to take your device while you're not looking and post something embarrassing while you're logged in. :lol:
Oh.. ermm.. yeah. That's definitely what happened! :lol:

(Totally me being serious :P)

I love miniature things that are replicated as realistically as possible.

E.g. the WWII scenes.

@AMG.'s 1:8 Aventador.

Real small engines:

Peach season. Peaches were just another fruit that I enjoyed until I had access to a tree, but I've grown to appreciate them so much more since having such beautiful fruit readily available this time of year. The tree puts out more than I can eat, so most go to neighbors, but I get plenty myself.

Peach season. Peaches were just another fruit that I enjoyed until I had access to a tree, but I've grown to appreciate them so much more since having such beautiful fruit readily available this time of year. The tree puts out more than I can eat, so most go to neighbors, but I get plenty myself.
That's it. I'm coming over. You have a freaking peach tree!? Easily the best fruit.

That's it. I'm coming over. You have a freaking peach tree!? Easily the best fruit.
I prefer quinces, but it's so rare that I can get the kind you can eat raw. Quince cheese is awesome though (hint: it's not actually cheese). Peaches are my second favorite.

The property had the trees when we bought it...yeesh...13 years ago. There's a peach, a pear, a pomegranate, a couple of plums and an apricot that ruins the theme. I've never had an apricot off of that tree, though, because squirrels go after the fruit before they're ripe. Curiously, it's the only one they go after even though they obviously don't all yield fruit at the same time.

It's a lot of work keeping them all healthy and productive--particularly the painfully pricksome pomegranate--but definitely rewarding.

• Pizza
  • Lasagna
  • Moussaka
  • Spaghetti
  • Chocolate
  • Ice cream
  • Nuts obviously
  • Cheese Burger
  • Kefir with stuff in it

I love the feeling I get right when I have managed to lift a very heavy weight, close to my record or breaking it. The rush, the feeling of accomplishment, utter exhaustion and knowing I did something few people can do is better than sex. (it really is) It feels like I just won a major battle. (which I basically did, against gravity, lol)

I hadn’t been to my usually pizza place this side of lockdown, so for a fair few months. I popped in there recently to get dinner and it’s the same as ever, the pizza is as awesome as ever and nothing’s really changed. I love consistency. And pizza, of course.

I hadn’t been to my usually pizza place this side of lockdown, so for a fair few months. I popped in there recently to get dinner and it’s the same as ever, the pizza is as awesome as ever and nothing’s really changed. I love consistency. And pizza, of course.
I haven't eaten pizza in over 3 years now, it used to by my favorite food though, along with burritos. I remember the cheap-ass pizzeria around the corner made the most fantastic pizzas ever.

Back