Things I Love...

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 375 comments
I love the feeling I get right when I have managed to lift a very heavy weight, close to my record or breaking it. The rush, the feeling of accomplishment, utter exhaustion and knowing I did something few people can do is better than sex
I haven't eaten pizza in over 3 years now
Taking a bite of pizza after not having it for three years would be better than sex if you ask me.

I love to be completely depression, anxiety and medication free for the rest of my life.

Is that too much to ask?

Unfriending annoying people on Facebook.
Been on Facebook for over 10 years now and I have seen some fairly annoying people on there. At one point during my teen years, I used to friend literally anybody that went to my school (which was a bad idea), and unsurprisingly, I had quite a few pesky people on there that I got tired of dealing with. Eventually, a few years after I graduated high school, I went on a massive unfriending spree and unfriended a large number of people I had, including a number of annoying individuals. Not only was it nice downsizing my friend's list a bit, but it felt good knowing I no longer had to see or even think about some of the annoying folks I had on there and what they posted anymore. Every now and then I still encounter some annoying people, but thankfully, not as often as I used to.

Sometimes you just don't know ahead of time how annoying some people can be on Facebook until you actually have them as a friend and then they drive you crazy. However, the feeling of being used to putting up with them and then removing them and not having to deal with them anymore is quite satisfying. :mischievous:

While I'm on this topic, might as well touch on this too.

When an annoying person unfriends you on Facebook.
While I usually don't hesitate much to unfriend people I find annoying on Facebook, I have had some cases where a person got on my nerves and I was afraid to unfriend them. For instance:
1. One individual I know used to message random things to me about every other day of the week and it was usually about stuff I didn't care about. It was something I got pretty tired of after a while, but I didn't want to say anything to her or block her messages. However, she eventually unfriended me, and now I don't have to worry about it anymore. :lol:

Of course, I am aware she can still send me a message, but chances are I won't even know about it since it will go to my message requests, which I almost never check since she isn't my friend anymore. Thankfully she hasn't sent me anything since unfriending me.
2. I had another individual who I swear would have some kind of new whiny, attention-seeking post every time I refreshed my page. I was sympathetic towards her at first, however, a friend of mine eventually told me some things about her including some things she had said about me to her. Not only did it turn me against her, but I realized a lot of what she had been posting was really just her seeking attention, and the fact I couldn't even refresh my page without seeing one of these posts from her got pretty old after a while. I wanted to unfriend her, but I didn't because I saw her in person sometimes and was afraid this would be something she'd bring up if she found out I unfriended her.

Fortunately, she eventually unfriended me, and not only was I rid of her annoying statuses, but that meant I could finally be rid of this toxic individual altogether and not have to worry about what would happen if I deleted her myself.
Sometimes it's nice when pesky people unfriend you because it saves you some trouble and you don't have to worry about feeling guilty for unfriending them. If they get upset about it, it's on them, not you. :cool:

Unfriending annoying people on Facebook.
Been on Facebook for over 10 years now and I have seen some fairly annoying people on there. At one point during my teen years, I used to friend literally anybody that went to my school (which was a bad idea), and unsurprisingly, I had quite a few pesky people on there that I got tired of dealing with. Eventually, a few years after I graduated high school, I went on a massive unfriending spree and unfriended a large number of people I had, including a number of annoying individuals. Not only was it nice downsizing my friend's list a bit, but it felt good knowing I no longer had to see or even think about some of the annoying folks I had on there and what they posted anymore. Every now and then I still encounter some annoying people, but thankfully, not as often as I used to.

Sometimes you just don't know ahead of time how annoying some people can be on Facebook until you actually have them as a friend and then they drive you crazy. However, the feeling of being used to putting up with them and then removing them and not having to deal with them anymore is quite satisfying. :mischievous:

While I'm on this topic, might as well touch on this too.

When an annoying person unfriends you on Facebook.
While I usually don't hesitate much to unfriend people I find annoying on Facebook, I have had some cases where a person got on my nerves and I was afraid to unfriend them. For instance:
1. One individual I know used to message random things to me about every other day of the week and it was usually about stuff I didn't care about. It was something I got pretty tired of after a while, but I didn't want to say anything to her or block her messages. However, she eventually unfriended me, and now I don't have to worry about it anymore. :lol:

Of course, I am aware she can still send me a message, but chances are I won't even know about it since it will go to my message requests, which I almost never check since she isn't my friend anymore. Thankfully she hasn't sent me anything since unfriending me.
2. I had another individual who I swear would have some kind of new whiny, attention-seeking post every time I refreshed my page. I was sympathetic towards her at first, however, a friend of mine eventually told me some things about her including some things she had said about me to her. Not only did it turn me against her, but I realized a lot of what she had been posting was really just her seeking attention, and the fact I couldn't even refresh my page without seeing one of these posts from her got pretty old after a while. I wanted to unfriend her, but I didn't because I saw her in person sometimes and was afraid this would be something she'd bring up if she found out I unfriended her.

Fortunately, she eventually unfriended me, and not only was I rid of her annoying statuses, but that meant I could finally be rid of this toxic individual altogether and not have to worry about what would happen if I deleted her myself.
Sometimes it's nice when pesky people unfriend you because it saves you some trouble and you don't have to worry about feeling guilty for unfriending them. If they get upset about it, it's on them, not you. :cool:

What's Facebook ?

Sounds like a right load of stress. I find it hard enough dealing with the idiots in work...:lol:

Watching a show on Netflix without picking up my phone.

Increasingly difficult these days.

I got home after going to a friend's house about 9:45 the other night. Got settled in and left my phone in my room on accident before going to the living to watch a show.

Started the show and watched 3 or 4 episodes until midnight and didn't even realize I had left my phone in the other room.

It was fantastic. I need to do this more often. I didn't realize how much this would clear my mind. I was even able to sleep better.

Last edited:
Watching a show on Netflix without picking up my phone.

Increasingly difficult these days.

I got home after going to a friend's house about 9:45 the other night. Got settled in and left my phone in my room on accident before going to the living to watch a show.

Started the show and watched 3 or 4 episodes until midnight and didn't even realize I had left my phone in the other room.

It was fantastic. I need to do this more often. I didn't realize how much this would clear my mind. I was even able to sleep better.

I purposely leave my phone in another room when I'm watching Motorsport, otherwise all I do is ruin my enjoyment by looking at the phone which I can easily do after. I've missed so many little incidents & situations/interviews for no reason! Think about it, you put the TV on to watch something, so watch it! Sadly my wife hasn't caught on yet.

What is Belgian Fries?
Belgium and the Netherlands

The French and Belgians have an ongoing dispute about where fries were invented, with both countries claiming ownership. From the Belgian standpoint the popularity of the term "french fries" is explained as a "French gastronomic hegemony" into which the cuisine of Belgium was assimilated because of a lack of understanding coupled with a shared language and geographic proximity of the countries.

Belgian journalist Jo Gérard claims that a 1781 family manuscript recounts that potatoes were deep-fried prior to 1680 in the Meuse valley, in what was then the Spanish Netherlands (present-day Belgium): "The inhabitants of ']Namur, 'Andenne', and 'Dinant' had the custom of fishing in the Meuse for small fish and frying, especially among the poor, but when the river was frozen and fishing became hazardous, they cut potatoes in the form of small fish and put them in a fryer. Gérard has not produced the manuscript that supports this claim due to the fact that it is unrelated to the later history of the French fry, as the potato did not arrive in the region until around 1735. Also, given 18th century economic conditions: "It is absolutely unthinkable that a peasant could have dedicated large quantities of fat for cooking potatoes. At most they were in a pan..."................

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_fries#Belgium_and_the_Netherlands

It is definitely a Belgian invention and not French.

Last edited:
And cookies are biscuits. And cake is pudding. People separated by a common language.

And cake is pudding. People separated by a common language.

That's a new one to this Brit. As far as i'm aware cake is just cake and pudding is an umbrella term for a dish served after a main course. Often sweet in taste, but not always. Cake could be eaten as a pudding, but the two terms are not interchangeable.

That's a new one to this Brit. As far as i'm aware cake is just cake and pudding is an umbrella term for a dish served after a main course. Often sweet in taste, but not always. Cake could be eaten as a pudding, but the two terms are not interchangeable.
Okay, yeah, that one wasn't particularly well resolved. And Yorkshire pudding is kind of amazing.

Last edited:
Aren’t “chips” called “Crisps”.

Chips are what you get with a portion of fish or a kebab. Crisps are those crunchy things that come in a sealed bag and are full of fat and E numbers and made by Lays/ Walkers.

Why are they only Walkers in the UK?

And Yorkshire pudding is kind of amazing.

Kind of is an understatement. It’s the king of savoury baked good as an accompaniment to a meal.

Kind of is an understatement. It’s the king of savoury baked good as an accompaniment to a meal.

👍 Yorkshire Pudding is life. Fact.

Okay, yeah, that one wasn't particularly well resolved. And Yorkshire pudding is kind of amazing.

But of course, Yorkshire Pudding is never eaten as an actual pudding. Sometimes as a starter, but generally as a main course accompaniment. Why is it called a 'pudding'? Who knows.

Last edited:
Kind of is an understatement.
So...I got that from my mom. She never explained why she used it, but this is the reasoning I've come to since I was a kid:

"Amazing" is a a strong positive adjective. When preceding a weaker adjective--"good," for example--"kind of" tones it down; "That was kind of good, but it's not something I'd seek out." When preceding the strong adjective, however, it actually draws attention to it and lifts it up.

1200px-Wedding_cake_with_pillar_supports%2C_2009.jpg

Cake

iu

Chips

iu

Fries

Simple.

I never eat Chips. I rarely eat fries and I almost never eat cake. But I like cake ................... a lot.

Back