Things I Love...

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 375 comments
I don't like the taste of coffee, but the smell...is there any more wonderful aroma one could possibly experience on a daily basis? It's fantastic.

The other half's perfume/aftershave on your shirt collars when you're on your way to work. Just make me feel so cosy. When I'm having a bad day, just bringing my collar up to my nose helps me relax so much.

On that note, a nice long cuddle after coming home from work.

My wife, especially when I know she's gone the extra mile for me.

The laughter and smiles of my children.

My daughter's artwork and her excitement for a better world.

My son's imagination with cars, planes, and anything that moves.

Seeing my friends and extended family after a long time.

An open two-lane road with many curves in it.

The window seat on a plane - the best office window in the world.

Stargazing on a clear night.

Homemade dessert.

Old things at old places; or someplace that should, by all accounts, be run-down...but isn't.

There is one thing I love about sleeplessness. When I haven't slept or have slept very little in 48 hours I get in a dreamy state which makes me feel terrible except when I'm going for a walk in the woods.
Insomnia alters my perception in a way that it goes along really well with nature. Everything feels so magical and extremely beautiful even though I feel awful, physically.

There is one thing I love about sleeplessness.

I recently made a trip in which I had maybe 10 hours total sleep over 5 days due to a combination of partying hard, uncomfortable over night bus journeys and sickness. I felt like crap but from time to time my mind would find a euphoric place when I was between waking and sleep. For that short period everything was muted and surreal.

from time to time my mind would find a euphoric place when I was between waking and sleep. For that short period everything was muted and surreal.
Those in the medical profession call that "a coma."

I couldn't have been far away from one, but I remained conscious the entire time. I think.

I couldn't have been far away from one, but I remained conscious the entire time. I think. ("I think" Echoed three times in confusion..)
Fixed it for you.

Speaking of the sleep-like things you guys like. Sometimes, when I am being a rebel child, I like to pull all nighters while watching youtube videos and get sloozy wooz and tired. I LOVE the feeling of laying down when in this state and closing my eyes. My eyes are so tired they feel like crusty slime is oozing out of them. And my body is restless. It literally does not matter how my body is situated, as long as it is laying down, it is comfortable. My lips mash against the pillow all somewhat sideways and weird though. And then I fall asleep super quick. I do not know why this is so damn comfortable though.

But in the end, it feels great. I mean, it is a the best and deepest sleep I can get into. You know, when you drool. Yes, best sleep state ever.

Only bad thing about this, is when I actually have my alarm set because I need to get up in the morning. This sucks not because I don't feel like getting up, but the fact that I dream the phone is ringing (and I don't care), or the school bell is ringing (in which I also do not care), so I do not wake up until my body is rested enough.

I doubt anybody else likes this. :lol:

Speaking of all of this consciousness talk, my OCD makes me space out very hard and though I know I'm spacing out, I just can't snap out of it when I want to. My mind just focuses on random objects/things and I can't help but gaze at it.

When people see me do it, they look at me so funny. I mention this weird thing that happens to me because it makes my mind go blank and any of the worries I had at the moment go away. I kinda love it, but it sucks when I get stuck focusing on the wrong things.

Women tend to notice it from time to time. :ouch:

It's a bliss-like feeling. I can't describe it. Sometimes it happens when I'm driving a road and I just get stuck focusing on the road.

I remember playing FM and GT and being able to complete endurance races due to this.

It's like the conscious mind shuts off sometimes. It has its strengths, but has many weaknesses.

I love being able to leave for months on end and still see the same people here. Still feels like "home". TB, have you guys thawed yet? :P

Because, I love the cold. I love snow. I love taking walks at night in the snow, and trying to remain as quiet as possible, just to catch as much of the tranquility as possible.

I love listening to the rain. It's raining now. I can't pay attention to making this post.

I love finding out when a pizza joint not only has anchovies, but they do them well.
And at that point, I love eating that pizza.

I love that haircut that seems just right.

I love the feeling of serenity. Two years ago it was long-gone and I didn't believe it would come back.

Now that I limit myself to only one Coke a day it's so nice to get one with dinner. A nice cold Coke over ice with a pizza is my ideal meal.

Now that I limit myself to only one Coke a day it's so nice to get one with dinner. A nice cold Coke over ice with a pizza is my ideal meal.
Can't argue with that, sadly coke makes me sleep uneasy at night, I wake up a million times. Which is strange since I do not really feel the effect of the caffeine when I'm not sleeping. :indiff:

At the moment, I looooove playing pCars and Assetto Corsa. Gives me a huge smile on "me" face.

Having a good hair or skin day.

Opening my purse to find cash I didn't expect in there.

That weird feeling of satisfaction when a V12 engine roars by.

Seeing someone being aware about cleanliness.

Having your cat circle your legs for attention.

Finding people who engage in shallow random conversations which are sort of deep at the same time.

Being able to cook something which tastes good.

Slight thread resurrection, but eh, screw it. Things I love?

Driving home after putting fuel/gas in my car, and watching the gauge rise, even though I'm actually using it.

Realising you've handed everything in for a deadline (i.e. coursework, etc.) and don't have to worry about it any more.

When its bright and sunny, but still raining heavily. The 'smell' as well.

Having the indicator/blinker match up to the car in front of you.

Waking up up in the morning thinking it is Monday, only to then realise that it was Sunday.

I often wake up on Saturday at 6am and get up to get ready for work thinking it's Friday. The already good feeling of it being Friday and then minutes later realising I can sleep in for another few hours is a delight.

Having something done in a haste to meet the predefined deadline(i.e. school homework) only to realize I had another week to work on with it deliberately later.

When I flash my lights at someone to turn theirs on and they actually do!

I often used to do that to my classmates when we went to somewhere for school excursion to spend a whole night together, or lit up my face with the flashlight in a dark room to startle somebody all of a sudden, but we had fun with it quite a lot. :) Me flashing a light to their face and they did that to me in turn was one of the cheerful memories I had then. :)

No specific order.
  • The feeling of the hot sun beating down on my face in the summer. I truly love the summer and the heat. My favorite time of the year.
  • Playing video games. Especially co-op games.
  • Anything that makes me laugh.
  • Seeing or hearing others laugh.
  • Thunderstorms.
  • The rush of accelerating in something very fast.
  • Watching movies.
  • Looking at colorful flowers or plants and watching them grow.
  • Yard work / landscaping in the summer.
  • Making gains while weight lifting.
  • Compliments from strangers.
  • Nice simple cruise in a vehicle.
  • Driving in deep snow and during chaotic snow storms. (hate the cold, love the snow)
  • Milk and cookies.
  • Lasagna
  • Steak
  • Problem solving / engineering.
  • Road track racing.
  • That feeling when a debt has been paid off 100%.
  • Anything with a lot of color.
  • Helping other people.
  • Relaxing on my couch.
  • Fishing in a boat.
  • Friendly people on GTP.

Last edited:
Driving old cars at night time especially.

Collecting stuff.

Drawing.

Car shows.

Nice people in the world.

Internet.

A good sounding exhaust.

Last edited:
cave.png

- When my neighbor's cat comes by to say hi and I get to pet her.
- Whenever class gets cancelled and I have the day to myself.
- When I get to sleep in.
- The smell of vanilla.

• Anime. (WEEEEEEEB!!!)
  • Listening to the music I like (@Katiegan, @TS040, @ASSCVCCS, @The Stig Farmer, and @GTRacer22 know all about it)
  • My pets, Maiko the puppy and Lizzie the kitty.
  • My parents.
  • Spring.
  • Having a good time while gaming with my friends.
  • Summer holidays!
  • Going to a comic con.
  • Pizza.
  • Apple strudel.
  • Ice cream.
  • Orange-scented dark chocolate. :drool:
  • Potato chips.
  • The teams I root for winning a game.
  • Watching a good movie.
  • Going somewhere with my RL friends, be it a party, a restaurant, you name it.
  • Getting good grades at school.
  • Spotting a cool car on the road.
But most of all...
  • This absolutely awesome community.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back