Things in GT6 you want "fixed". (Please read bold first)

• Thread starter FRoSTeD
  • 756 comments
Could you elaborate on point one please. I see compulsory SRF is on for license tests but not otherwise. Are you saying this comes on once you leave the track area?

Point two, there is the option for your own race BGM in the options sounds section, as always.

That's already there - somewhere under options.

I am talking about, say, in practice mode or in an online lobby. It seems Polyphony have decided to enable full blown traction control for your car if you go outside their designated track layout. An example of this would be the little turnout after the Dunlop tire at Tsukuba where many people would optionally drift it. The feature essentially ruins a large amount of really nice drift sections people like to use.

The point I made about the music was referring to the ability for you to disable specific tracks from the existing in-game soundtrack like you could in GT5.

When I'm racing offline Its always the same guy on the same position, like this

Race 1:
1. Me
2. Jan
3. Kees
4. Gerrit
5. Jacobus

Race 2:
1. Me
2. Jan
3. Kees
4. Gerrit
5. Jacobus

Race 3:
1. Me
2. Jan
3. Kees
4. Gerrit
5. Jacobus

They need to fix this because you have to win more then 50% races just to win, even if you're the other race second and it also looks ugly and unprofessional

I am talking about, say, in practice mode or in an online lobby. It seems Polyphony have decided to enable full blown traction control for your car if you go outside their designated track layout. An example of this would be the little turnout after the Dunlop tire at Tsukuba where many people would optionally drift it. The feature essentially ruins a large amount of really nice drift sections people like to use.

The point I made about the music was referring to the ability for you to disable specific tracks from the existing in-game soundtrack like you could in GT5.
Okay - weird.

You can change your name that you entered at the beginning of the game. It's in the options somewhere, I remember seeing it there when I was looking for something else.

I have to say, I have seen many people complaining about bad fps....at 1080p I have honestly not noticed any massive fps drops at all. I've played for about 10hrs since I picked it up. I feel it runs much smoother than GT5 for me. Maybe I'm lucky or i just haven't been bit yet:)
Do you use hood cam? I use cockpit view and its a terrible frame rate. I tried hood view and its a lot better.
Can see where all the disagreement comes from as the game is so inconsistent

i want to have it back to sort my cars by Kilometers/Miles. Don't know why they removed it. it's not a big thing but it's quite interesting to have an overview about the distance driven with each car i think. I hope they'll add this again in an update!

Weights of the cars are still off. AW11's weights need to be swapped around, as the SC is the heavier one. 240GLT still weighs as much as it would.. If it were filled up to the load carrying limit.

Could you elaborate on point one please. I see compulsory SRF is on for license tests but not otherwise. Are you saying this comes on once you leave the track area?

Point two, there is the option for your own race BGM in the options sounds section, as always.

That's already there - somewhere under options.

Nah its not a full install, its periodically installing, for optimum speed it needs to run from ssd, which is why im selling my copy and buying the psn download version

This is minor, but it's really irritating me. When taking a photo during a race replay there is an annoying clipped abrupt sound when you quit out of the photo you've just taken and go back to panning around. Really winding me up....even though it's a minor glitch!

Why can you only change your player name once!?! And no warning of this limitation until after you changed it a second time. I deleted my game file and started GT6 again as I'd foolishly entered a rubbish name as I experimented.

Really, as others have said, we want to use our tag name, not a real name. So have to have one's tag name with an annoying initial.

BUT, these whinges are minor. Really pleased with the game so far after 1st day's play.

....and I like the tyre screeching. Seems more realistic to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. An option to remove the on-screen wheel when using a wheel in cockpit view. Also would be nice to be able to adjust driver height to replicate MY view from within a car utilizing fully variable zoom and height adjustment not just three steps of not-quite-there.
  2. Audible split/lap times using tenth's of a second when closer than 10'secs and half a second or more when further behind similar to this: "6 point 2 secs off the pace and gaining", "25 and a half seconds of the pace and losing."
  3. Audible position and lap. "2 laps and third", "Final lap and 2nd"
  4. Fully customizable on-screen info. On some cars I only need split times and gear. On other I don't need anything besides lap/gap times.
This game is a blast using cockpit view and no other added visuals, but it's hard to judge ones pace against the other driver without any audible feedback.

Last edited:
I noticed yesterday that when you play local multiplayer it doesn't allow you to adjust track setting before the race starts. So you could end up with the track being sunny or rainy or light or dark without any way to control it.

Don't like how the qualifying starts with everyone together. What a great idea that was.....
Don't like how I've got to turn TC off everytime I change cars.
Don't like how PD still haven't addressed the Gap to all cars

What I want addressed:

1) either lower allowable PP in the first few tiers of career

OR

2) raise the PP of the AI cars

OR

3) show us the PP of your opponents in the typical opponents screen

I know the 400pp race tells you that opponents are around 400pp, that's good, but why is the allowable PP for your car 500pp?

Major gripe with my GT6 experience:
The tracks feel way to skinny. I don't know if this is a viewpoint error, but it feels like wherever I am, it feel like I'm tight roping my way around the track. It feels even worse in curves,

It almost feels like I'm driving on fat sidewalks, instead of fat tracks!

I really hope PD addresses this, am I the only one that feels this?

my 1080p viewpoints are properly set in corners.

it just almost feels spaghetti western at times in game. not at all what GT5 was, immersive wise.

Everything else, is great so far.

Perhaps this game was redesigned to factor in larger TV's 40, 50+ " (but this would just be as proportionate as it is to my 27")

This needs a fix, or I might find myself falling out of love with GT6...

I have to explore the view / display / hud settings, perhaps there are zoom controllers, I freaking hope so! lol.

1. I noticed my 15th Anniversary HSV; I can't select its Turbo 3 for some races after when I've already bought it. Does it affect the other HSV cars as well?
  2. Despite some suspension tuning, the GT3 GT-R cars can't turn well compared to the GT-R TC (then released as a DLC for GT5 in late 2011).
  3. Price of X2010 cars increased by Cr. 1 million after an update! It was 5 million a couple of days ago, now 6 million!!!!
  4. Bring back the 2010/2011 versions of NASCAR cars.
  5. Triple all winnings.

Game economy adjusted back to GT4 levels. They actually managed to fix several of the cars that were of the cars that were obviously stupid in GT5, so here's hoping they continue.

Credit payouts overhauled so they don't require the "let's pad our userbase statistics" credit bonus or "millions of credits for no effort at all" seasonals. GT2 would be a good basis to work from. Online rewards are also pretty blatantly insane, so fix those too.

Stupid Honda Fit purchase requirement.

Car stats that continue to be wrong from GT5, some of them going on 12 years of being blatantly wrong, fixed.

Correctly label the cars as they were when they were actually sold rather than the attempt to pass them off as being under the brand that they are now.

All car specs displayed in the purchase screen rather than "---".

PP system updated to actually include the things it should have rather than just pretty much dropping off entirely after including power, downforce and weight.

There. That's a bunch of stuff that wouldn't require any codebase changes (PP changes excepting). Just changing data points. Anything similarly simple beyond that is something that would require a whole new game for them to consider; since I'm doubtful they would decide to be honest with car counts after advertising a bunch of duplicates as "New for GT6;" or more fundamental to the problems with how GT6 was designed (such as the licence test and prize car implementation).

Last edited:
1.) Fix dropped frame rate in smoke. Makes it hard to tandem
2.) Increase time of E-brake activating. Current delay is far too slow
3.) (Not sure if bug) Allow the clutch to be used if you have a racing transmission

Music shuffle isnt working for in game music or personal playlist-sick of songs repeating.

Also, the game still selecting the music that comes with the game instead of only using your personal music when you have it selected. Deleting the in-game music playlists helps to a certain degree but ends up with no music played at all every now and then because the game doesn't select your music and tries to select a song from the empty playlist.

There should be an option you can select that makes it so the game will only use your own music and not the in-game music.

Also, the game still selecting the music that comes with the game instead of only using your personal music when you have it selected. Deleting the in-game music playlists helps to a certain degree but ends up with no music played at all every now and then because the game doesn't select your music and tries to select a song from the empty playlist.

There should be an option you can select that makes it so the game will only use your own music and not the in-game music.
Is this Music issue happening with everyone? I heard it was only with Super Slim consoles, can anyone confirm it is happening with all versions of PS3?

Engine tone from cockpit view when changing down gear and off-throttle is non existent. It's absolutely ridiculous - the engine goes *silent* when changing down and ending up anywhere in the rev range but the red line.

I'm playing with virtual surround through Astro A40s but I refuse to believe it has anything to do with that. It makes judging clutch and rev matching pretty much impossible when braking.

I'd like to be able to filter the online rooms by tire type. That's really the most important factor, especially if you want to avoid racing tires. Right now I don't think you can see tire restrictions unless you enter the room.

I just want to see the dry racing line when it rains... It's so annoying to not know when to brake or steer because I can't see if I'm driving on water or not.

This may be in there as I didn't do much online yet but a "quick race" online where it just puts you in the next available race to start would be nice.

They also need to fix all of the issues with using your own custom music.

Heres what I think should be fixed:
1. Replays in Free Runs cannot be fast forwarded, which is really annoying when I want to skip part of the replay to end up at a part where I want to take pictures
2. in photo travel, what you see in the viewfinder is what you get. in photo mode on tracks, the viewfinder is a cropped piece of the results, thus when you take a picture in photo mode, you have have to judge where the things are when they cannot be seen in the viewfinder.
3. They carried over the tracks from Gran Turismo 5, but they haven't carried over the photo travel locations. They should have, 4 locations is simply not enough
4. be able to turn damage off

Back