Things in GT6 you want "fixed". (Please read bold first)

• Thread starter FRoSTeD
  • 756 comments
With a G25 wheel, the paddle shifters (L1 and R1) do not function as L1 and R1 in main menus. Therefore impossible to use quick scrolling buttons in menus like dealership, or even to change view when applying aero parts etc.

Come on PD this is BASIC QA testing here - does a button work?! If you're not going to test with all peripherals then don't choose to support them.

Disclaimer: This post is about FPS. There's probably nothing PD can do about that now, but it's worth bringing up because it's not the claimed 60 FPS.

Some people are noticing frame rate issues and others are not. I notice it even in bumper cam mode. I have to downgrade to 720 to find the game playable, but then visuals are obviously noticeably worse when I do this. I think some people just notice lower (or erratic) frame rates more so than others. Perhaps it depends on whether you have a background playing high FPS PC games (I do). Regardless, the game has been widely touted as being "60 FPS" and it is clearly nothing of the sort. Perhaps it peaks at 60 under certain conditions, but most of the time it's much less than that.

I dont know if this is a bug or not wen i go on single race with the Huayra anni edition on SSRX against the Veyron n FXX, in replay mode my speedo says 260ish mph and the Fxx weee going faster to pass me and its says 248 mph and same with the Veyron 250 mph. Anyone else noticing n hving the same problem with this?

Is this Music issue happening with everyone? I heard it was only with Super Slim consoles, can anyone confirm it is happening with all versions of PS3?
No. only my personal music plays without deselecting any in game music. Bad part is, the same couple songs play over and over and over.

With a G25 wheel, the paddle shifters (L1 and R1) do not function as L1 and R1 in main menus. Therefore impossible to use quick scrolling buttons in menus like dealership, or even to change view when applying aero parts etc.

Come on PD this is BASIC QA testing here - does a button work?! If you're not going to test with all peripherals then don't choose to support them.
This is an issue with the DFGT and t500rs as well.

Disclaimer: This post is about FPS. There's probably nothing PD can do about that now, but it's worth bringing up because it's not the claimed 60 FPS.

Some people are noticing frame rate issues and others are not. I notice it even in bumper cam mode. I have to downgrade to 720 to find the game playable, but then visuals are obviously noticeably worse when I do this. I think some people just notice lower (or erratic) frame rates more so than others. Perhaps it depends on whether you have a background playing high FPS PC games (I do). Regardless, the game has been widely touted as being "60 FPS" and it is clearly nothing of the sort. Perhaps it peaks at 60 under certain conditions, but most of the time it's much less than that.

yep, agreed. Even alone on the track I notice framerate issues with the cockpit view. This would be my #1 issue to be resolved becuase for me it severely detracts from the appeal of the game. If I can't even timetrial at Nurby with the cockpit cam without fps issues I'm a pretty sad boy...

yep, agreed. Even alone on the track I notice framerate issues with the cockpit view. This would be my #1 issue to be resolved becuase for me it severely detracts from the appeal of the game. If I can't even timetrial at Nurby with the cockpit cam without fps issues I'm a pretty sad boy...

Have you downgraded to 720? That makes a significant difference to the frame rates, even though the game looks crappier. Perhaps you could also try turning off your headlights? I bet the dynamic lighting they require is a drag in the GPU.

Do you use hood cam? I use cockpit view and its a terrible frame rate. I tried hood view and its a lot better.
Can see where all the disagreement comes from as the game is so inconsistent
I play in cockpit view about 50%(preferred driving method), and chase view the other 50% as I like to see the beautiful cars and lighting. I will say it was a little laggy when I first started, but as I continued it got smoother...prob due to the install on the HD

If these can be corrected/added this could be the best racing game...

1) Sounds "we all know this"
2) Clean up of the unloved standards
3) Shuffle races, I miss you
4) Track creator that actually works like they claim

I play in cockpit view about 50%(preferred driving method), and chase view the other 50% as I like to see the beautiful cars and lighting. I will say it was a little laggy when I first started, but as I continued it got smoother...prob due to the install on the HD

What was laggy, exactly? Installing to HDD shouldn't affect the frame rate: that's influenced mainly by the horsepower of the GPU. Installing to HDD might affect pop-in of objects in the distance, but this is also influenced by RAM. We're getting a little off-topic now, though. Another issue I noticed was slow loading of car and track thumbnails in the Dealership and in Arcade Mode. Perhaps this is improved by caching to HDD, but I've not checked.

Mine was pre-installed on SSD from psn so it can't be because of that. I saw the poor performance straight from the off. Significantly lower frame-rate in cockpit view than the other views. Significantly lower frame-rate than gt5 period.
And what about the jittery replays?? You MUST have noticed it during viewing....

Last edited:
Nah its not a full install, its periodically installing, for optimum speed it needs to run from ssd, which is why im selling my copy and buying the psn download version
Okay - weird thing is though, I haven't installed to disc via that function and it runs just fine for me.

One of the first things i did was take 25th ann audi for a spin around spa arcade mode and the performance in cockpit view was shocking. Frame-rate HELL.
I will however persevere with it because some races i did i still enjoyed. I got used to nfs shift on xbox so no real reason why i can't get used to gt6.
I just tell myself its the vibrations on the car and live with it, in hope that an update will bring a better refresh rate to cockpit view.

I just want arcade to be at the stage where GT5's arcade was. It seems like it's a huge step backwards for GT6. Everything else is OK for me except about the Endurances. Hope PD fetch those back in an update sometime.

1. I noticed my 15th Anniversary HSV; I can't select its Turbo 3 for some races after when I've already bought it. Does it affect the other HSV cars as well?
  2. Despite some suspension tuning, the GT3 GT-R cars can't turn well compared to the GT-R TC (then released as a DLC for GT5 in late 2011).
  3. Price of X2010 cars increased by Cr. 1 million after an update! It was 5 million a couple of days ago, now 6 million!!!!
  4. Bring back the 2010/2011 versions of NASCAR cars.
  5. Triple all winnings.
You can find them in the recommended cars list. Very strange that they are not in the dealership.

I want the RA function back. I mainly just used it to turn traction control on and off, but it was nice to have.
RA? you mean changing settings in race? my Driving Force GT is still able to do that with its wheel thingy

I just tell myself its the vibrations on the car and live with it, in hope that an update will bring a better refresh rate to cockpit view.

I actually think some of the frame rate troubles may be just that - it does seem like there is a bit of a vibration effect with the in-car view that does end up looking like a jittery frame rate. But there are definitely times where the frame rate tumbles as well...

-A.I. jumping infront of you when you're obviously going way faster.
-A.I. jumping infront of you just before corners.
-A.I. random hard braking.
-A.I. slamming into my rear.

Also, i don't know what it's supposed to be like since there are no deserts where i live but i can't see **** on Willow Springs at night even with my headlights on full beam.

Have i missed something yesterday ? Updated as soon as i put the game in for the first time and then another update after it installed. Played all night and was fine. Just put the disc in now ( 07/12/13 - 5.11pm ) and the game just updated again. Only a quick one, mind, took seonds to download and install.

Is this something that's already happened for you guys on here or is this a quick fix patch just all of a sudden ?

The stutter in video before and after each race is terrible. Music shuffle isnt working for in game music or personal playlist-sick of songs repeating. I also agree with @umafeckit that License tests are too easy to gold.

Noticed that stutter too. I have the digital version and am wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Latest Posts

Back