Things in GT6 you want "fixed". (Please read bold first)

• Thread starter FRoSTeD
  • 756 comments
Some of the standard cars look terrible, should be either updated or deleted all together. Otherwise from my 10 minutes of game time the only other thing I've noticed is the damn sound, it's still terrible!

Not only is the overall sound quality lacking but some cars don't even sound right, as though they weren't even recorded?? SLS GT3 and Pagani Huayra are two that come to mind

1. GT5 had better FPS than GT6. What was all this new engine is all about then???
I must be dreaming...

In GT5, the framerate was rarely 60fps, but the Vert Sync was turned off - so you had a degree of screen tearing everywhere.

This time, it seems if Flicker Reduction is on anything other than "Normal", Vert Sync is switched ON - this is great fro most areas where FPS is 60FPS - but in many areas, when in the cockpit view, the FPS does drop below 60. There is no tearing but bad stuttering.

Worst tracks seem to be those with lots of trees lining the track - Monza, Spa Le Sarthe, Brands Hatch, Bathurst etc.

But switch to outside views, and its a smooth as Forza - everywhere !

I'd like to see the ability to select which HUD tems you can see. Apart from Drivers Names and Rev Counter, it's ALL or Nothing !

I'd like Laptimes, Rev Counter and nothing else. I particularly hate the current laptime right in the middle of the screen.

Secondly, why have you got to complete 25% of the single player mode, before going online ?

Ridiculous !

"Nat A license" (?) needed before doing any Seasonal Events ? WTF !!??!! I like to take my time and enjoy the variety of a game from the off.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the Analogue Tach and Speedo on the in-car view of standard cars, because with no visual dials and just that small bar on the bottom right it gets a bit annoying! Obv this is one of my first fixes of many but too busy to write them just now.

Is anyone else getting booted from online rooms then saying its because they havent accepted terms of use although ive already accepted them?? Im getting frustrated ahah

We should be able to see the PP and tyre restrictions in the online lobby before entering a race like in GT5. Right now is really tedious to browse for a decent room, especially since most people just put silly things in the room description instead of useful information.

Or even better, let us filter the rooms by PP or tyre compound with a min-max setting.

I wish PD would give us the option to turn off the lap timing that pops up in the middle of the screen. I think you can turn it off but even when it's off you can still hear the little "click" sound that happens when it pops up! I know this is an incredibly small pet-peeve thing but I really hate it!!! :lol:

STOP THE AI FROM GIFTING ME EVERY RACE (they start fast but then slow down till you catch them)
This ruins the game for me, it is against all rules of sportsmenship/competition, what is the point in racing if i win every race no matter how bad i drive or how bad my car selection was ?
Would require longer races since most 2/3/4 lap races would be impossible to win on equal cars with good AI
I hated this "start last and overtake 11 cars in 1 lap" stuff in GT5 so much, but they managed to make it even worse.

I WANT A MODE WHERE I CAN CREATE MY OWN RACE
Track, car, car for every opponent, AI level, fuel use, tyre wear, damage and so on
That single simple thing would improve the game 500% for me.

I WANT "TRAINING" BACK

I WANT TC TO BE OFF BY DEFAULT
I hate to go in the menu every event and turn it off, in 90% you don't need it.
In Goodwodd 70% of the cars have no TC in reality, still its always on...

I WANT "SKID STOP" TO BE OFF BY DEFAULT EVERYWHERE (License test, Missions, Goodwood)
It feels so wrong an makes everything way to easy, why can't i switch it OFF ?
It should be required off to get gold medals...

It turns on TC by itself each time? *groans* I disabled it once and thought it was done. How very tedious. Why have they messed up so much stuff that is so easy to get right? Do they play test this thing in any serious way before release or are we doing the play testing for them in the shape of this thread?

yep, was like that in GT5 as well. You constantly had to check the driving options because they would default to TC at 5 and several of the aids ON. Very annoying and just one more example of PD's clueless and often just plain bizarre interface design...

this didn't happen in GT5 so I am not holding my breath, but it would be nice to be able to set up dead zones for wheel pedals and/or tweak the brake response: it seems unrealistic that with 5% brake applied the car slows down that much already...

And another vote for 'where is shuffle mode' too, I missed it in GT5 (not sure how I did) but it seems like a racing mode where I'd spend 99% of my online time on if it was available

I want to share ghost replays with friends (they can do it for license tests). I also want the test course back. I need the drag strip so I can compare transmission tunes.

Wasn't there supposed to be some suspension tuner from KW suspensions?

Having now played the game a fair bit this weekend I can say that I'm quite disappointed with many of the backwards steps that have been taken. 3 years have passed since 5 and I really believe that in its current state, it is a regression on the previous release.

Improving and refining the Gran Turismo game, and our enjoyment of it, should be number one. Before anything else. If you can't get the headlights bright enough so we can race at night, then don't go racing a real Nissan GTR in the Nurburgring 24h because it's the game that got you that opportunity and you haven't got it right yet! If you can't get the sound right in your game, why are you wasting your time designing 20 different concept cars with real car manufacturers? If you can't get the AI in to a state where it is competitive against a human driver, then why are you wasting time producing an accurate 3D representation of the moons surface? If you can't ensure that all the buttons on an incredibly common G25 steering wheel will work in the game menus then why are you busying yourself with GT Academy for the umpteenth time? You haven't got the game right yet! If you can't bring the games HCI out of the dark ages, and reduce the number of menus one must navigate simple to apply a different exhaust to a vehicle, then why are you representing GT at Pebble Beach Concourse and giving out Gran Turismo prizes because your game needs your time!

Gran Turismo is a game that became a brand, but I'm worried that the brand is now number one and the game....well the game is not so important any more. I do, of course have faith that like GT5 there will be an excellent run of patches and upgrades that run for many months, but they will be fixing much of what should have been there on day one. And in many cases, ridiculously, was already there in GT5!

I agree with most of your complaints, but you're operating under the mistaken belief that there is a "perfect" in coding. The game will never be perfect, so why go promoting it when you haven't made it perfect? Because without marketing there is no sales and without sales there is no game.

I just wanna say this: the credit outcome is a little harder, unlike GT5 where it could take a day to get the X2010. But it reminds me of the older games, where it's hard at first, but once you get going you're pretty good. I got up to 420k thanks to Lord March xD. Also, something I definitely want removed is the forced-upon us Honda Fit, let us pick our own ****ing car, instead of forcing garbage on wheels upon us

Clutch - Make it work like a real clutch.
Lap time sheet - Let us clear 1 result at a time, so that we can have a lap list with a bunch of different cars. Currently you can only clear the whole list, which means you cannot maintain a lap list unless you only have do 1 lap in each car. GT4 had the feature, no idea why they changed it to this aweful new system in GT5.
AI Difficulty Slider - It's ridiculous now, you start the lap 10 seconds behind from a rolling start and you have 1-3 laps to catch up, you end up winning with a car in half the power of the AI. Let us have AI that drives their cars properly.

Kart on "Car Tracks" - I just want to be able to drive a Kart in every Track and a car in every Kart Track like in GT5

Car Test - I think that the Car Test is important in GT to make setups,see max speed,see your time in 400m/1000m...

Default Button - Please,add back the "Back to Default" button on the setup pages! PLEASE!!

Last edited:
I find the collapsible settings page is a bit tedious navigate at times. How about letting us use L1 & R1 to cycle through the different headings, like it is in much of the rest of the UI (like on the home screen, dealership etc)?

A Home button like in GT5 would be useful too.

Last edited:
I don't have GT6 yet but I would like the premium/standard divide as an option. Not that I hate the standards, but it will make my life easier when I eventually start compiling a list of broken interior and exterior features of the premiums that need fixing.

More of a related wish here than a 'fix' from a previous installment: Every premium gets a going over where every relevant gauge and instrument is fixed, ride heights and track widths are checked and wheel design/offsets and tire fitment are compared to reality.

(Z8's clock and odometer don't work, Veyron's power gauge and other secondary gauges don't work, etc.)

Last edited:
We should be able to see the PP and tyre restrictions in the online lobby before entering a race like in GT5. Right now is really tedious to browse for a decent room, especially since most people just put silly things in the room description instead of useful information.

Or even better, let us filter the rooms by PP or tyre compound with a min-max setting.

BRAVO! I agree!

Couldn't be bothered to read the last five pages, but I'd like...

Review best lap replay without exiting track - as it says, if I save a best lap, I'd like to be able to review it there and then and not have to exit to the replay theater
Split times to 0.001s - splits in GT5 used to go the three decimal places when reviewing replays, now it's to the tenth. I'm not sure of any major motorsport formulae that only times to 0.1s.
Global aids setting - if I select a car to be manual trans, it seems to keep that setting for all future cars. I'd like to see the same applied for traction control

And, like everyone else said, I'd like realistic engine sounds. On the whole they don't bother me, but the Audi Quattro Sport S1 should sound like this video. I get that maybe some cars are so valuable that they can't be 'wrung out' by PD to generate a direct sound file through the rev range, but resources such as Youtube would be a great way for a lowly paid PD intern to check if the sounds were correct...

PS. I've seen it said on another thread that the new RedBull car has 'the most realtistic sound' - how ironic that this 'award' should go to a fictional car that no one has ever heard...

Back