Things that confuse/annoy you

Discussion in 'The Rumble Strip' started by UnkaD, Mar 9, 2016.

1. PureAlpha1206

PureAlpha1206

Seems like a perfect time to use a pretty old meme :D Still holds pretty true tho!

[​IMG]

Latvija27, Drex124, GTboyz and 7 others like this.
  2. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

One thing that has annoyed me since 2013 is giant pandas. I expected them to be as big or bigger than polar bears and not the size of XL stuffed teddy bears that I ended up seeing.

3. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Politicians. You likely know why.

4. RESHIRAM5

RESHIRAM5

When I'm hanging out with friends and/or family and they spend most of the time hanging out on their phones and wanting to take constant "selfies" with me.

Makes me want to snatch their Phone and play frisbe with a tree.

I never understood that, what confuses me is when guys try to decode women (and vice versa) like they are trying to decode a completely different language.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  5. Turbo

Turbo (Banned)

People at my school who brag around that they are the best at something, let's say sports, but aren't even that good.

6. RESHIRAM5

RESHIRAM5

People who think opinions are fact.

People who think something that is good is fact and not an opinion.

People who ask for an opinion yet throw tantrums when you give them an honest negative opinion.

Latvija27 and Sonygamer455 like this.
  7. AbsoluteBarstool

AbsoluteBarstool Premium

Internet feminists.

Debating with them is about as rewarding and enlightening as treading in a turd.

8. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

I maintain that if somebody shows up to my (hypothetical) wedding in something similar, I simply won't let them in.

The irony is that the likely reasoning is "I don't want to make a big deal out of what I wear" or something along those lines, when that's precisely what they're doing. If someone's that concerned with making another person's wedding about themselves, I don't see why they'd need to be there in the first place.

This applies to other social events too, of course.

JASON_ROCKS1998 likes this.
  9. Jahgee

Jahgee (Banned)

You'd hate/love /r/FellowKids

10. Small_Fryz

Small_Fryz Premium

Slow drivers in the fast lane.

Where is my red turtle shell when I need it.

Latvija27, Sonygamer455 and TheKitten like this.
  11. PARAGON GT

PARAGON GT Premium

I try to avoid self check out lanes.
    The way I see it is a stores employees are there to provide a service and be paid for it.
    If I use a self check lane I'm essentially doing their job ... just not getting paid for it.
    So I'm not only paying the store for merchandise, but I'm also doing their employees job by ringing it up and bag it afterwards. And if I'm doing that why would they hire anyone to do that job.

I'd rather pay a company to hire someone who provide a service than to give a company a freebie for my patronage.

12. AbsoluteBarstool

AbsoluteBarstool Premium

But what would you say to people who don't want to talk to the staff at the store using self-checkout lanes?

13. UnkaD

UnkaD

How about if they keep both services open? I know people who prefer self-checkout and I know others who prefer cashier service. Personally, I'm a bit of a shut-in and don't really like interacting with strangers. Plus it's nice to have the items bagged in the order of my choosing. I do use the normal lines when I have to buy beer for the Pops, and I try to be as pleasant to the employees as I can.

I think it's good to relieve the work load, especially with a place like Wal-Mart. The way the customers run through the place, you'd think a tornado sweeps through everyday. Open drinks and garbage left everywhere... There are trashcans at every aisle, people!

Fat Tyre and JASON_ROCKS1998 like this.
  14. AbsoluteBarstool

AbsoluteBarstool Premium

Come to think of it, I am constantly annoyed by the habit of most people to leave receipts lying around on self-checkouts.

Latvija27, AOS- and JASON_ROCKS1998 like this.
  15. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

One of my jobs has these things, and they actually work exceptionally well. I think it's more hardware than anything.

16. AbsoluteBarstool

AbsoluteBarstool Premium

Final annoyance of the day:

These little :censored:. Annoying banner.png

Latvija27 likes this.
  17. PARAGON GT

PARAGON GT Premium

I'm just voicing my opinion in regards to the self check lines. I do use them from time to time if I have 1 or 2 items and the lines are super long. But for the most part I'd rather go through a manned line.

There is a lot to be said for social interactions through out the day especially in todays society where it seems like we create more ways to avoid interacting with each other. Sure the encounter can be awkward from time to time, but can be as equally pleasant as well.

(p.s. - not picking on you for your "I'm a bit of a shut in ..." comment. Just stating a benefit for going through a manned line.):):tup:

UnkaD likes this.
  18. kikie

kikie Premium

I annoy myself, sometimes.

kolio likes this.
  19. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

And I annoy myself sometimes.

20. Northstar

Northstar Premium

That's a retro popup.

I always laughed when I would get one of those on a big site that obviously gets more than 10,000 visitors a day let alone overall.:lol:

21. W3HS

W3HS Premium

These still exist? And if so what sleazy site are you visiting that displays these?

22. Winters Noble

Winters Noble

Things that annoy me... When able-bodied people push that handicap button at doors that initiate self open. Just use your muscles!

23. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

People that roll into the road to stop traffic so they can turn. Not only is it annoying, it's dangerous.

24. daan

daan Moderator

How can you spot an able-bodied person?

S_Bridge likes this.
  25. AbsoluteBarstool

AbsoluteBarstool Premium

They sure do exist - this example popped up on GTPlanet only a couple of hours ago.

26. RESHIRAM5

RESHIRAM5

When people think anyone who does sport at 35 or older should retire.

Latvija27 likes this.
  27. UnkaD

UnkaD

And all of those Nigerian princes wanting to stash their millions into everyone's bank accounts.

Here's another one I just thought of. Getting a tiny little pocket dog that does nothing but bark at it's own shadow endlessly. About half the people in my town are examples. The small dogs are always the loudest.
    Speaking of, my sister's kids neglect their dogs in the backyard, but they always get excited when they see dogs out on the street. "Oh, a puppy!" "Yeah, like you've never seen a dog before..." I probably sound like an old man. Damn kids! :lol:

Latvija27 and AbsoluteBarstool like this.
  28. AOS-

AOS- Premium

Either prove them wrong or pay them no mind/look down on them for being ignorant.

Then you play it safe with the next one and ask if they want their receipt, and they go "Uh, yes? Of course I want my receipt! Hhmph!"

WeThePeople and AbsoluteBarstool like this.
  29. TVR27

TVR27 Premium

Women confuse me because you never know what they are trying to tell you but they are not annoying.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  30. UnkaD

UnkaD

I always wonder how people leave receipts at the gas pumps, as the machine asks whether or not you want one. I guess three seconds is enough to forget?