Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
Women.

They confuse me.

Seems like a perfect time to use a pretty old meme :D Still holds pretty true tho!

al-bundy-dont-understand-women-meme.jpg

One thing that has annoyed me since 2013 is giant pandas. I expected them to be as big or bigger than polar bears and not the size of XL stuffed teddy bears that I ended up seeing.

When I'm hanging out with friends and/or family and they spend most of the time hanging out on their phones and wanting to take constant "selfies" with me.

Makes me want to snatch their Phone and play frisbe with a tree.

Women.

They confuse me.
I never understood that, what confuses me is when guys try to decode women (and vice versa) like they are trying to decode a completely different language.

Last edited:
People at my school who brag around that they are the best at something, let's say sports, but aren't even that good.

People who think opinions are fact.

People who think something that is good is fact and not an opinion.

People who ask for an opinion yet throw tantrums when you give them an honest negative opinion.

that's like being invited to a wedding and wearing a tracksuit and a old shirt

I maintain that if somebody shows up to my (hypothetical) wedding in something similar, I simply won't let them in.

The irony is that the likely reasoning is "I don't want to make a big deal out of what I wear" or something along those lines, when that's precisely what they're doing. If someone's that concerned with making another person's wedding about themselves, I don't see why they'd need to be there in the first place.

This applies to other social events too, of course.

I always go to self-checkout lines to save time, but it doesn't always work out that way.

I try to avoid self check out lanes.
The way I see it is a stores employees are there to provide a service and be paid for it.
If I use a self check lane I'm essentially doing their job ... just not getting paid for it.
So I'm not only paying the store for merchandise, but I'm also doing their employees job by ringing it up and bag it afterwards. And if I'm doing that why would they hire anyone to do that job.

I'd rather pay a company to hire someone who provide a service than to give a company a freebie for my patronage.

I try to avoid self check out lanes.
The way I see it is a stores employees are there to provide a service and be paid for it.
If I use a self check lane I'm essentially doing their job ... just not getting paid for it.
So I'm not only paying the store for merchandise, but I'm also doing their employees job by ringing it up and bag it afterwards. And if I'm doing that why would they hire anyone to do that job.

I'd rather pay a company to hire someone who provide a service than to give a company a freebie for my patronage.
But what would you say to people who don't want to talk to the staff at the store using self-checkout lanes?

How about if they keep both services open? I know people who prefer self-checkout and I know others who prefer cashier service. Personally, I'm a bit of a shut-in and don't really like interacting with strangers. Plus it's nice to have the items bagged in the order of my choosing. I do use the normal lines when I have to buy beer for the Pops, and I try to be as pleasant to the employees as I can.

I think it's good to relieve the work load, especially with a place like Wal-Mart. The way the customers run through the place, you'd think a tornado sweeps through everyday. Open drinks and garbage left everywhere... There are trashcans at every aisle, people!

How about if they keep both services open? I know people who prefer self-checkout and I know others who prefer cashier service. Personally, I'm a bit of a shut-in and don't really like interacting with strangers. Plus it's nice to have the items bagged in the order of my choosing. I do use the normal lines when I have to buy beer for the Pops, and I try to be as pleasant to the employees as I can.

I think it's good to relieve the work load, especially with a place like Wal-Mart. The way the customers run through the place, you'd think a tornado sweeps through everyday. Open drinks and garbage left everywhere... There are trashcans at every aisle, people!

I'm just voicing my opinion in regards to the self check lines. I do use them from time to time if I have 1 or 2 items and the lines are super long. But for the most part I'd rather go through a manned line.

There is a lot to be said for social interactions through out the day especially in todays society where it seems like we create more ways to avoid interacting with each other. Sure the encounter can be awkward from time to time, but can be as equally pleasant as well.

(p.s. - not picking on you for your "I'm a bit of a shut in ..." comment. Just stating a benefit for going through a manned line.):)👍

Things that annoy me... When able-bodied people push that handicap button at doors that initiate self open. Just use your muscles!

People that roll into the road to stop traffic so they can turn. Not only is it annoying, it's dangerous.

Final annoyance of the day:

These little 🤬.
And all of those Nigerian princes wanting to stash their millions into everyone's bank accounts.

Here's another one I just thought of. Getting a tiny little pocket dog that does nothing but bark at it's own shadow endlessly. About half the people in my town are examples. The small dogs are always the loudest.
Speaking of, my sister's kids neglect their dogs in the backyard, but they always get excited when they see dogs out on the street. "Oh, a puppy!" "Yeah, like you've never seen a dog before..." I probably sound like an old man. Damn kids! :lol:

People at my school who brag around that they are the best at something, let's say sports, but aren't even that good.

Either prove them wrong or pay them no mind/look down on them for being ignorant.

Come to think of it, I am constantly annoyed by the habit of most people to leave receipts lying around on self-checkouts.

Then you play it safe with the next one and ask if they want their receipt, and they go "Uh, yes? Of course I want my receipt! Hhmph!"

Women confuse me because you never know what they are trying to tell you but they are not annoying.

Last edited:
Then you play it safe with the next one and ask if they want their receipt, and they go "Uh, yes? Of course I want my receipt! Hhmph!"
I always wonder how people leave receipts at the gas pumps, as the machine asks whether or not you want one. I guess three seconds is enough to forget?

Back