Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
Some of the people who shop at Wal mart sometimes.

Getting asked the same questions at Gamestop or just about anywhere every time.

When people get on their phone at the movie theatre during the movie.

People who are completely wrong about something and seem to never shut up about it.

Why one billionaire has yet decided to become Batman.

Last edited:
Speaking of Walmart...

Story.

About two years ago, my family and I had a road trip out to Normalville, PA. (Yes, it's a real town. Yes, it's boring.). We had brought the dogs, and on the day of the story, we had to euthanize one of them. So all of us were in grief and a bit of a mess. We went to a Walmart in a nearby town, and I decided to try and get my hands on a Nerf Centurion. I grabbed the box, and thought it felt kinda funny. Looked into it and saw an airsoft gun and garbage, so I brought it to customer service.

A few minutes later, my dad and I are over by the dairy and we see two of the workers casually stroll by...One holding the airsoft gun, and another twirling an airsoft DEagle (that was in the box) around their finger. It was the most confusing thing that we'd ever seen. On top of that, it was the most redneck thing I'd ever seen.

The path to getting your dream job..

Here I am, sitting in yet another accounting class, to get an accounting degree, only to get more accounting classes for yet another accounting degree, all to be an accountant for a few short years, and be a pilot there after, and never have to hear the word tax again until April.

The best part is, all you need for an airliner is a 4 year degree... I could've gotten it in geology and still had all my licenses and hours and get a job..

"Hey, how are ya?"

"Good, yourself?"

"...."

Don't ask if you don't care! [/inner thoughts]

When someone ask "How are you ?" I always say good.

Do people really need to know how I am they should be able to tell if they have knowen me for a long time ?

People that "reply all" in a large distribution email to tell people to stop replying all. I mean... what are they thinking?

Funny thing happened yesterday, one guy sent out an email to the ENTIRE global distribution at work (consisting of the parent company, sub-companies, contractors, outsourcing, everyone). There were about 104,000 recipients on the email from all over the world! Meaning hundreds of idiots would "reply all" to the email and even more idiots got angry and replied all to tell people to stop replying all causing a massive pile up of emails.

People that "reply all" in a large distribution email to tell people to stop replying all. I mean... what are they thinking?

Funny thing happened yesterday, one guy sent out an email to the ENTIRE global distribution at work (consisting of the parent company, sub-companies, contractors, outsourcing, everyone). There were about 104,000 recipients on the email from all over the world! Meaning hundreds of idiots would "reply all" to the email and even more idiots got angry and replied all to tell people to stop replying all causing a massive pile up of emails.
That's called an email storm. I think there was one instance that caused a network to DDoS itself.

"Can I tell you something?

"What?"

"dwuiqnwdnwqdnion"

"Huh?"

"bduadiwofnqwoifn"

"Say that again?"

"uuwfbwldopqdjqmd!"

"Umm...yeah."

-cue dirty look-

Why can't people talk louder...?
This is a problem I have, and I can see how others think it's annoying, but it's also an extremely annoying problem for the people who do it too. I mumble a lot when speaking, and it's not on purpose. Often when telling people information, usually important information, I begin to speak quieter because my mind goes "is this information accurate?" which most of the time it is, but I'm just so unsure of myself that I can't say it confidently. It's a very irritating habit, both to people who do it and people who have to witness it...

This is a problem I have, and I can see how others think it's annoying, but it's also an extremely annoying problem for the people who do it too. I mumble a lot when speaking, and it's not on purpose. Often when telling people information, usually important information, I begin to speak quieter because my mind goes "is this information accurate?" which most of the time it is, but I'm just so unsure of myself that I can't say it confidently. It's a very irritating habit, both to people who do it and people who have to witness it...

Especially for those of us who are anti-social anyways and don't really want to be bothered in the first place...

It's not a crime to ask somebody to repeat their comment or to ask if they could speak a little loader because you aren't getting them.

There's no need to be embarrassed if you don't understand somebody.

You should be embarrassed if you don't understand somebody and just pretend to get what they're saying.

It's not a crime to ask somebody to repeat their comment or to ask if they could speak a little loader because you aren't getting them.

There's no need to be embarrassed if you don't understand somebody.

You should be embarrassed if you don't understand somebody and just pretend to get what they're saying.

I think they are embarrassed because people get impatient/annoyed when they don't get it the third time. So they just pretend to hear so to not annoy anyone. It's silly, because they're only going to be more annoyed if you then go and do something completely different to what they asked.

I often find that someone starts talking to me, and I miss the first half of what they say as my brain goes "oh crap, someone's talking to me! Listen!" I then ask them to repeat themselves, and then a split second before they repeat it I figure it out. And it's awkward because I didn't actually need to ask them to repeat it.

Small talk confuses me and annoys me because it is superficial and boring. People who try and start small talk with me end up with dead end boring conversations I don't understand why they keep using small talk when they know it will fail ? (especially women). If they want to talk to me they should use subjects.

Small talk confuses me and annoys me because it is superficial and boring. People who try and start small talk with me end up with dead end boring conversations I don't understand why they keep using small talk when they know it will fail ? (especially women). If they want to talk to me they should use subjects.

Why don't you try and start a subject? Small talk is often what happens when someone wants to talk to you, but doesn't really know what to say. Or to avoid an awkward silence.

Why don't you try and start a subject? Small talk is often what happens when someone wants to talk to you, but doesn't really know what to say. Or to avoid an awkward silence.

It depends on if I have time to sometimes its hard to start a subject when someone starts small talk and this is difficult with women beacuse I don't know if they are going to listen or not and I don't want to bore them to deaf with stuff they are not interested in. Then small talk ends up been a dead end conversation why don't they understand that small talk fails most of the time ?

It depends on if I have time to sometimes its hard to start a subject when someone starts small talk and this is difficult with women beacuse I don't know if they are going to listen or not and I don't want to bore them to deaf with stuff they are not interested in. Then small talk ends up been a dead end conversation why don't they understand that small talk fails most of the time ?

That's why small talk happens, they probably feel the same way. And you'll never know if you don't try. I mean, if you try and talk to someone about a topic, the worst that can happen will probably be better than the best that happens through small talk.

Back