Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
That's why small talk happens, they probably feel the same way. And you'll never know if you don't try. I mean, if you try and talk to someone about a topic, the worst that can happen willnormally bly be better than the best that happens through small talk.

I get asked by some women repetitively "What are your plans for tonight ?" Do they just want to know my plans for the night or is there something more to it ? Its difficult to know what they mean by "what are yout plans for tonight". I normally say not much. (Not much happens in my life anyway)

I get asked by some women repetitively "What are your plans for tonight ?" Do they just want to know my plans for the night or is there something more to it ? Its difficult to know what they mean by "what are yout plans for tonight". I normally say not much. (Not much happens in my life anyway)

GTPlanet has a smilie which answers this better than words... ;)

It sure is confusing and annoying when women take an interest in you!

Asking a student to leave the class room because of using phone. If the student isn't disturbing anyone else in the room the only effect caused by using the phone can be found from that particular student's exam.

Even though it can be funny to see someone getting removed from the class, it just doesn't really make sense.

So this is me trying to be a grumpy old man:
  • Xbox One can be confusing and annoying such as trying to find stuff and taking so long to do stuff.
  • iOS file structure and way it handles email attachments.
  • Android - The way it handles volume, understand it is better in Marshmallow though. Also laggy inferior feeling of OS and apps compared to say iOS and BB10.
  • BB10 lack of developer support is annoying. Finally decided to login to Facebook app for first time on phone recently and it so happens it needed an update. An update that removes all the functionality. :banghead:
  • Windows 10 update prompt.
  • People who are 🤬 to others.
  • Duck face & fish gape selfies.
  • When you can't remember what you need to remember before it's too late.
  • When on phone queue for a long time and then call disconnects. Once through being passed on department to department involving repeating yourself like a million times with nothing being resolved.
  • When sending a message, you realise a mistake but it's too late.
Women confuse me because you never know what they are trying to tell you but they are not annoying.
I was only guy in my Psychology class in college, quite amazing how much they talked bitched about men. :lol:

GTPlanet has a smilie which answers this better than words... ;)

So your indicate that something is a joke or a secret or as a signal of affection or greeting.

It sure is confusing and annoying when women take an interest in you!

Yes it must be confusing for them as well but it doesn't help when they are vague.

Asking a student to leave the class room because of using phone. If the student isn't disturbing anyone else in the room the only effect caused by using the phone can be found from that particular student's exam.

Even though it can be funny to see someone getting removed from the class, it just doesn't really make sense.

I agree with you, I once had to leave the classroom for answering my mobile phone I was on the phone to my boss and the other ting is I should listen to my boss because he is the one paying me not my teacher.

So this is me trying to be a grumpy old man:
  • Xbox One can be confusing and annoying such as trying to find stuff and taking so long to do stuff.
  • iOS file structure and way it handles email attachments.
  • Android - The way it handles volume, understand it is better in Marshmallow though. Also laggy inferior feeling of OS and apps compared to say iOS and BB10.
  • BB10 lack of developer support is annoying. Finally decided to login to Facebook app for first time on phone recently and it so happens it needed an update. An update that removes all the functionality. :banghead:
  • Windows 10 update prompt.
  • People who are 🤬 to others.
  • Duck face & fish gape selfies.
  • When you can't remember what you need to remember before it's too late.
  • When on phone queue for a long time and then call disconnects. Once through being passed on department to department involving repeating yourself like a million times with nothing being resolved.
  • When sending a message, you realise a mistake but it's too late.
I was only guy in my Psychology class in college, quite amazing how much they talked bitched about men. :lol:

Xbox is annoying because I no idea how it works why can't it be as simple as Playstation maybe that has something to do with Microsoft. If you just listen and don't talk you would be surprised what women talk about.

I once had to leave the classroom for answering my mobile phone I was on the phone to my boss and the other ting is I should listen to my boss because he is the one paying me not my teacher.
This really isn't what I meant. There's an obvious reason why you should get out of the room if you're actually going talk on the phone as that actually causes disturbance for other people, not so much when all you're doing is browsing your Facebook feed, which really is the most common use of a phone in a class.

This really isn't what I meant. There's an obvious reason why you should get out of the room if you're actually going talk on the phone as that actually causes disturbance for other people, not so much when all you're doing is browsing your Facebook feed, which really is the most common use of a phone in a class.

Ok, I thought the phone call wouldn't last long enough for me to leave the classroom and my teacher would throw me out of class if she did see me using facebook.

Xbox is annoying because I no idea how it works why can't it be as simple as Playstation maybe that has something to do with Microsoft. If you just listen and don't talk you would be surprised what women talk about.
I got on well with Microsoft stuff before they switched things to tiles and ribbons for most of their software UI. Good job it is easy to get them menus back on PC through additional software. Amazing how they went from 360 to how bad Xbox One ended up on release. They do update it a lot so hopefully there is still room to improve a lot.

Don't think I would be surprised anymore to be honest.

Door knocking sales people annoy me seriously do they honestly think they can sell me something ?

Telemarketers annoy me and waste my time on the phone seriously do they honestly think they can sell me something ?

Loud Harley exhausts confuse and annoy me. Don't get me wrong, I am all for loud vehicles, but Harleys seem to be too loud. I work down the street from a Harley dealer and every time one goes by the office it's extremely disruptive. The sound isn't particularly good either.

Man, I really am getting old.

MMORPG Players who kicks you out for "being a n00b lol" or "not our standards" most of the time, even when myself isnt that terrible. Its not really a game you play with other people, but with your close friends in group.

This is why i choose Racing games years ago. Much flexible, my hobby, better community to begin with, and wouldnt be here if i continue focussing on those MMORPGs.

People who use speakerphone in public.

People who watch videos on their phone in public, and conveniently forgot their headphones.

Loud cellphone rings in which the device owner makes absolutely no attempt to mute, attenuate, nor answer it.

This behavior puzzles me, and I may have to start being puzzling in return.

On the other hand, folks who get bothered by everything (usually unconstructively so) are disposable zeros of hypocrisy.

Last edited:

In lots of the cases I guess they mean nothing special and just wanted to ask it on a whim... as women being more apprehensive for other people's affairs than men. :)

MMORPG Players who kicks you out for "being a n00b lol" or "not our standards" most of the time, even when myself isnt that terrible. Its not really a game you play with other people, but with your close friends in group.

This is why i choose Racing games years ago. Much flexible, my hobby, better community to begin with, and wouldnt be here if i continue focussing on those MMORPGs.

Same here lol I always got jarred with those people who kicks you out of the lobbies or shut down their server / connection just because you're a noob in that game. :(

Same here lol I always got jarred with those people who kicks you out of the lobbies or shut down their server / connection just because you're a noob in that game. :(
Thing is, while this mentality is also present in racing games, MMORPG is not just exist, its the norm. I hate the "with us or against us" mentality especially with the fact that one game i played only allows one group and when i temporarily leave from said group to join others for a while, i got banned for "not loyal" and "bringing group down for playing like n00b".

That was years ago. I was doing a restart nowadays but it seems the mentality still exists.

• The various new words that people my age and younger are starting to use, such as "on fleek". Just slang in general.
  • My Chinese professor speaking too quicking then asking me a question in Chinese.
  • Having two friends speak Russian and Chinese to me, while I'm having a conversation in English.
  • Drivers that are basically moving roadblocks, that impede the flow of traffic.
  • Regrets.

What the hell does that even mean seriously
Screenshot_2016-03-23-20-25-56.png

I'm sitting here with something to get off my chest and couldn't find a thread that seems to fit. So, here you go. Anything that confuses you to the point of anger or frustration. Share and discuss as you please, but try to keep it civil.
Anyway, here's what I'm thinking at the moment. My nephew got an XBox 360 years back and played games. No big deal. Then at some point he started watching youtube videos of the games instead. Games that he already owned. I didn't get it.
Here's where anger sets in. He begged for an XBox One since had been watching videos of Fall Out 4, and he got one. But he only played the game for about a week and a half.
Now he has a 360 that just collects dust, and an XBox One that's pretty much just a youtube player. Not even game videos anymore. It's all just guys being as loud and abnoxious as possible, talking about nothing at all into a camera phone.
:banghead:

Turn the internet off so he can't get on youtube ;)

The various new words that people my age and younger are starting to use, such as "on fleek". Just slang in general.
To be honest, I never understood why this annoyed people. Sure, there are the annoying people who use them in practically every sentence, but the pure existence of the slang has never bothered me. I myself use them occasionally (usually jokingly), but I'm not really trying to defend them...I just want to know where all the people are coming from that have this problem.

Thing is, while this mentality is also present in racing games, MMORPG is not just exist, its the norm. I hate the "with us or against us" mentality especially with the fact that one game i played only allows one group and when i temporarily leave from said group to join others for a while, i got banned for "not loyal" and "bringing group down for playing like n00b".

That was years ago. I was doing a restart nowadays but it seems the mentality still exists.

I think it's ubiquitous in any of the online games you play in saying about the "with us or against us" mentality - in the multiplayer of these games players tend to want the others to act as they wished for being advantageous over the other party as often as possible, regardless of how good / skilled you actually are in that game. For them it doesn't matter what you want as it's you choice to join that group or leave it any time, keeping their group on the right track as much as they can takes the priority for them - so it's a big no to screw it up in any way and immediately kicks you out if other members found out you're unfit to sustain their party.

To be honest, I never understood why this annoyed people. Sure, there are the annoying people who use them in practically every sentence, but the pure existence of the slang has never bothered me. I myself use them occasionally (usually jokingly), but I'm not really trying to defend them...I just want to know where all the people are coming from that have this problem.
For me, it's when they attempt to use a word on everything they say or talk about.

Like yesterday someone went and said "fleek" in about every 1 or two lines my whole time in the library.

Back