Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
People who only half or partially fill a printer-photocopier paper tray. Why? Why leave half a ream of paper out? You've run out of paper, which is the only reason why you've bothered to check the paper tray, but instead of filling the tray with a full ream of paper - which they are designed to do - you put 5/8ths of a ream of paper in and leave the rest on the side or somewhere. Why? You'll only run out of paper sooner. Morons. :banghead:

MANDATORY 2X3 HAIRCUTS AT MY SCHOOL. For oh so long, I have asked over, and over, and over again why is a 2x3 haircut mandatory for school? I get it with uniforms, and IDs. It distinguishes you as a person from that school. But what the hell is the haircut requirement for? It doesn't necessarily distinguish that I'm in that school, nor does it affect my studies. Asking teacher after teacher looking for a good answer, I am given none.
"It's part of the school uniform. Without your haircut you are in an incomplete uniform." But is the haircut classified as part of the uniform? Why is it needed for us to be distinguished as part of this school? Does it even distinguish us as part of this school, when every single school does it?
"Because it's the rules." I. AM. ASKING. WHY. IT'S. IN. THE. RULES.
"Because the school wants to teach you to be tidy and neat." If that's the case, then does having long hair teach me more about tidiness and neatness? Knowing how to ponytail properly, how to put on a headband without any of your hair falling out, doesn't that teach me more about neatness and tidiness than simply cutting my hair and not giving another damn about it? The girls have that rule, so why can't we?

I've constantly gotten into trouble with my hair, and I nearly wasn't permitted to take final exams as well as sign my clearance for me to move on to Grade 12. It's petty, I know, but GIVE. ME. A. STRAIGHT. ANSWER. PLEASE?

Now I'm semi-bald to shut the damned teachers up

MANDATORY 2X3 HAIRCUTS AT MY SCHOOL. For oh so long, I have asked over, and over, and over again why is a 2x3 haircut mandatory for school? I get it with uniforms, and IDs. It distinguishes you as a person from that school. But what the hell is the haircut requirement for? It doesn't necessarily distinguish that I'm in that school, nor does it affect my studies. Asking teacher after teacher looking for a good answer, I am given none.
"It's part of the school uniform. Without your haircut you are in an incomplete uniform." But is the haircut classified as part of the uniform? Why is it needed for us to be distinguished as part of this school? Does it even distinguish us as part of this school, when every single school does it?
"Because it's the rules." I. AM. ASKING. WHY. IT'S. IN. THE. RULES.
"Because the school wants to teach you to be tidy and neat." If that's the case, then does having long hair teach me more about tidiness and neatness? Knowing how to ponytail properly, how to put on a headband without any of your hair falling out, doesn't that teach me more about neatness and tidiness than simply cutting my hair and not giving another damn about it? The girls have that rule, so why can't we?

I've constantly gotten into trouble with my hair, and I nearly wasn't permitted to take final exams as well as sign my clearance for me to move on to Grade 12. It's petty, I know, but GIVE. ME. A. STRAIGHT. ANSWER. PLEASE?

Now I'm semi-bald to shut the damned teachers up
Outside of school hours, you can change your clothes. Haircuts don't really work that way so the rule is a bit harsh.
If it's a state run school, I imagine you could fight it. If it's privately run and you go there by choice then you've made an agreement to follow their rules.

Outside of school hours, you can change your clothes. Haircuts don't really work that way so the rule is a bit harsh.
If it's a state run school, I imagine you could fight it. If it's privately run and you go there by choice then you've made an agreement to follow their rules.
Both public (state-run) and private schools have this rule in this country. There's some students from some schools that don't follow this rule (I did), but it's more of because the school is lenient on them (tbf they let me have long hair for over 6 months) and not because the rule doesn't exist.

Both public (state-run) and private schools have this rule in this country. There's some students from some schools that don't follow this rule (I did), but it's more of because the school is lenient on them (tbf they let me have long hair for over 6 months) and not because the rule doesn't exist.
Which country is it?

People who ride to the top or bottom of an escalator, get off, and then just stand there looking around and totally failing to realise that they're blocking everybody else behind them.

Speaking of escalators - Have you noticed that when use a stopped escalator there's this brief moment of disorientation that you experience just as you step on it. It's as if you expect it to be moving, but you already know that it isn't - it's just a staircase when it's stopped.

Have you noticed that when use a stopped escalator there's this brief moment of disorientation that you experience just as you step on it.
So... the whole time you're walking up to it you don't notice that it's not moving? :odd:

TB
So... the whole time you're walking up to it you don't notice that it's not moving? :odd:

No, you already know that it's not moving even before you step on it, but you still experience that disorientation just as you step on it.

It's the weird sensation of not putting your foot down with the full amount of your weight because you're going to be moving to get off of it quickly and don't want to get your pants caught? And then in that instant having to use full force and step normally because escalator broken?

Like lifting a light box that you thought was heavy. You don't use the appropriate amount of strength to lift and it feels weird.

It's the weird sensation of not putting your foot down with the full amount of your weight because you're going to be moving to get off of it quickly and don't want to get your pants caught? And then in that instant having to use full force and step normally because escalator broken?

Like lifting a light box that you thought was heavy. You don't use the appropriate amount of strength to lift and it feels weird.
Damn... I can't believe you put that feeling into words :eek:

I knew exactly what he was talking about too with the escalator.

I thoroughly enjoy the inner workings of things, mostly people. Why we do things we do and all that branches out from that. For some reason I love getting deep in there.

Confusion/Annoyance:
People that make a comment on any video that has nothing to do with the video itself. I don't understand why people do that.

Annoyances:
- People blabbing their loud mouths in the movie theater.
- Flies, Mosquitoes, and WASPS! I especially HATE wasps!

Last edited:
Confusion/Annoyance:
People that make a comment on any video that has nothing to do with the video itself. I don't understand why people do that.

I see this all the time and it baffles me.

I’ll be streaming something from YouTube and flicking through the comments (aka The Pit of Oblivion) I see “Jesus died for your sins” or something equally as out of place.
I’m thinking “dude, this is a Soundgarden album...WTF?”

Not really annoyed, but confused
Screenshot_2018-07-01-01-01-31-1.png
I get it if you're writing a long sentence/phrase/statement, but how can "Hey!!" be grammatically incorrect =°=

Sorry for my bad English btw I'm from Southeast Asia

I get annoyed when people sell a classic car on the internet and don't show the registration code plate in the pictures. or in general, cars being put up for sale with only one picture or none at all. Stupid!
There is a car for sale on Használtautó.hu(Hungarian for Usedcar.hu), don't really know what car was it, all I know it didn't have a picture and the description was: "Call and we'll make a deal" :lol::lol::lol:

You know what annoys me?

Picture this; a traffic jam or a busy intersection or a red light and a lot of cars in front of you. Sometimes, and too often for my taste, the car in front of me leaves a lot of space between his/her car and the car in front of him/her and after a while they decide to drive a little bit closer but not far enough. They stop again and after a while, they decide to drive a little bit closer once again, while all the other cars are still stationary. If your car has a start/stop system, it is annoying as hell.
Why can't they stop behind the car in front of them, where they are suppose to stop?

You know what annoys me?

Picture this; a traffic jam or a busy intersection or a red light and a lot of cars in front of you. Sometimes, and too often for my taste, the car in front of me leaves a lot of space between his/her car and the car in front of him/her and after a while they decide to drive a little bit closer but not far enough. They stop again and after a while, they decide to drive a little bit closer once again, while all the other cars are still stationary. If your car has a start/stop system, it is annoying as hell.
Why can't they stop behind the car in front of them, where they are suppose to stop?
I saw this one woman a while ago in a Mercedes ML-something with auto-stop and every time the engine would stop, she would let off the brakes so it would start again, and it would happen over and over again. She was completely oblivious and it was so frustrating to observe.

Something that confuses me:

People on youtube videos that comment and reply to everyone. I sometimes see in the comment section someone just bellowing the same nonsense to multiple other comments. I sometimes see people posting several comments in a row on videos including mine.

People who drive the wrong way down the motorway annoy me.

I never realised how much this did annoy me until earlier today when I was joining the M60 and much to my surprise someone was crawling towards me going the wrong way.

Much joviality followed (honest) followed by a copy of the dashcam footage to GMP.

How does that happen often? I've never seen this in all my years of driving.

My two biggest things when driving are people going slow in the left lane and going slow on an entrance ramp to a highway. The whole point of that bit of road is so you can get up to speed to SAFELY merge with highway traffic.

@DesertPenguin It doesn’t happen often fortunately, I’ve read about it happening but not experienced it first hand until today, hence the reason I only found out how much it annoyed me today. But yes, people who join a motorway at 30-40mph and don’t speed up until they’re on it, very annoying as well.

People go the wrong way up the highway all the time here. It’s very annoying. 3rd world problems I guess.

Back