Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
Broadcast pre-shows.

If it is broadcast, then it's part of the show. Regardless if it is before the 'official' ceremonial beginning of proceedings.
Pre-pre-show-shows must infuriate you.

How alien is the concept of throttle control to the average person? And not even advanced techniques, just regular, smooth driving. I swear I've heard more wheelspin starts from outside my window from just regular "nothing cars" than from the modified stuff that goes by. Our house is right at the corner of a 4 way intersection that, to be fair, is on a bit of an incline and is far from clean, but there is no need for driving this way. And that's just one example at one location here. It doesn't get better in other areas or other conditions.

I can't stand when people say Ferrari 458 like it's one number. Four-fifty eight. No! It's Four. Five. Eight. Get it right.
For now on, I'm calling it the four-hundred-fifty-eight. ;)
Okay, I don't get the fascination with anime, I mean, "The AE86 Trueno is the best car ever made"..."What do you mean it's a Toyota?"..."Oh, well I just know it from Initial D."

But that's really an aside to the main reason for posting, and not all that important but to establish my perspective somewhat.

What I really don't get is grown ass men's infatuation with scantily-clad cartoon Asian schoolgirls; that creep factor. I mean...

Surely I'm not alone here.
What is your opinion on My Little Pony? Personally, I'm in the same boat as anime with it. I just don't get the fascination.
What the 'heck' did I just throw at my search engine?! :scared:

Serves me right for being nosey.
Way to take one for the team! :sly:

What is your opinion on My Little Pony? Personally, I'm in the same boat as anime with it. I just don't get the fascination.
Exactly that. My daughter went through the phase and I managed to support it while remaining blissfully detached.

The "brony" thing (I hate that I know what that is) is another kind of creepy entirely.

People that don't understand the meaning of over studying.
When I was in middle school and possibly even elementary school, my mom used to force me to study pretty much all day and I didn't get to do any of the things I liked that day. It was boring and rather tiring, sometimes I ended not remembering most of what I studied because of this. I mean yes I know I struggled in school and yes of course I want to pass, but their is such a thing as over studying and my mom did not seem to understand this, at all and if she did somehow, it did not seem so. It didn't help that sometimes I did pass my tests (Which I admit sometimes I cheated on) leading to her into thinking all this extra studying was helping, when in reality it really did more harm than good for me. I mean yes the studying probably did help at times, but only to a certain extent.

I eventually got so tired of being forced to study so much at home and not getting much out of it, I stopped bringing home my study materials because I felt it wasn't worth the expense. (A feeling I still have to this day) Weirdly more often than not I actually did better if I studied a few minutes before the test than I did spending all that time at home, even with no prior studying and this only further drove me away from studying home as well. My mom understandably got upset when I did this and while it was probably a bad idea and my grades plunged at times, I still cared about my test scores. I still tried to find a work around (Which I eventually did) so I wouldn't have to study so much at home. Come time to high school, things got better thankfully and it wasn't quite as bad. Whether or not my mom truly knew why I stopped bringing stuff home to study, I don't know for sure.

While I may have went on a bit of a tangent here, you probably get the point by now. I cannot stand those that don't seem to understand the concept of over studying and while I don't have these problems anymore, it would still bother me if I did.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's the same for other digital music stores but the album only songs in the Google play store are pretty annoying.

I'm not sure if it's the same for other digital music stores but the album only songs in the Google play store are pretty annoying.
Actually, iTunes does it as well and I also find it annoying. I wanted a song recently that was "album only", but I didn't want to buy the whole album because I didn't really care for the rest of them, just that one.

Also, on another music related annoyance I have is:

Why most songs on iTunes are $1.29 now.
When I first started buying songs on iTunes long ago, they were usually about 99 cents, now the average price is $1.29 and I rarely see songs I want for 99 cents or less. Far too often I have found myself wanting a song that is $1.29, but only being a few cent short of buying it. As a person that doesn't have a credit card, that's a problem for me because it means i'd have to wait and buy it when I get another gift card. Never had this problem with 99 cent songs though.

Funny picture thread became a battle ground between Brony meme lovers and those that hated the crap, a picture war ensured.
Ah, yeah, that's a connection I didn't make.

The most dangerous thing 90% of us do on a daily basis is drive a car down the road.

Excessive speed, phones, makeup, big macs and whatever else people do while driving annoys me specifically when it puts my wife, my son, and I at risk.
If you wish to leave this world in a 90mph blaze of glory while updating your MyFace status, that is your business. I would just ask you kindly to stay the hell away from me, but that would be an impossible request as there's too many of you.

If your driving a car, drive the damn car that is all.

Last couple of years.. my 17 year old.
Great-Carnac-Hero-08-17-650x468.jpg

The magnificent mystic from the East tells me you have a son.

Daughters come with their own headaches, don't I know it, but I don't know anyone with a son who hasn't said "I just don't get that kid" at least a dozen times.

I suspect girls can usually suppress their inner idiot a little better.

I'd like to think I know my way around a computer and the internet, but gosh darn Facebook is the most convoluted confusing and annoying crap I've ever seen, and it only ever gets worse. I don't have one, but the mumz always asks me how to do this or that and after about five to ten minutes, whether on web browser or her phone apps, I cannot for the life of me figure out anything at all!

Speaking of Facebook, I hate it too. It is actually incredible that the FB moderators delete the videos what the government uploaded, because they aren't on the same wing as them.

I feel annoyed when it seems like I state something obvious or that most people already know. I don't know everything or pretend I do, but I hate feeling like I've annoyed certain people by stating what others already know. And if there is something I didn't know before, don't chastise me over it. It's the sort of give-and-take that drives me mad often times.

I don't understand why people who say what I want to say before I say it can't let me say it first.

:grumpy:

:lol:

What's the problem with the word "moist?" I know, there are crude connotations, but they really aren't the prevailing usage. I like meat to stay moist when cooked, but that doesn't mean I want to 🤬 it.

Since there's no complaining permitted in the funny pictures thread, I don't understand why people can't accept GTP news pieces and like to equate the site to Jalopnik as a result...

Its not even close. Jalopnik is an actual journalist news place and GTPNews is simply regurgitating that news or some kind of gameplay article thats not exactly news in the industry as much as it's there to say "hey, did you know you this game has/does this?" . I like it all as it's just more to read on the toilet in the morning :)

A few things that annoy me:

People turning up late in work and then appearing confused as to why it matters when I have a "word" with them.

People that don't acknowledge changes in speed limits when driving. There's a type who tend to drivealong the country lanes around here at a constant 40mph. If the speed limits were a constant 40mph that would be fine, but they're not, they change between 30mph and 60mph, but no, these people do 40mph in a 30 and also do 40mph in a 60. Infuriates me.

People who step infront of you and stop when walking in a busy area. If you need to stop to look for something/get your bearings/tie your shoe laces etc. step to the side where you're out of the way, don't just stop infront of people trying to get past.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back