Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
People who remove wings from Subaru Impreza's.
Grinds my gears.
Change that to Ford Mustang and then that's me. From any body style from 1994 and up, I have never liked it when people removed the spoilers from them because it just looks so out of place without it. I saw one yesterday that was a nice lime green, had a carbon fiber hood, aftermarket wheels, custom seats and various other things and it looked great to me. However they took the spoiler off and to me it was a step back on what is otherwise a good looking Mustang.

Now I don't automatically dislike any Mustang of that body style when it's lacks a spoiler, but it just looks like it's missing something to me and I lose some interest in that persons Mustang anytime I see one like that.

Last edited:
This one comes courtesy of the Funny Pic Thread VII: toilets used as phone booths.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ead-first-post.208786/page-1475#post-12570607

Now whether it stems from boredom or otherwise I'm not sure, but why would you use your phone in there of all places, especially if... well... you can't go hands free?

"But I washed my hands afterwards." OK, but what if you used your phone before that particular step? And then you use it later on?

*shudders* The thought alone is bad enough. :yuck:

People who dump their drinks in the parking lot. Never fun getting out of a car and stepping in someone else's coffee...or when it's cold, stepping on someone's dumped drink that froze over.
If it's not water then I dump it in a bin or on the nearest planter/tree. Of course if it was below freezing I wouldn't dump anything. The logic seems sound.
This post reminded me of an instance in a movie theatre. A woman sitting next to me finished a bottled drink and, no joke, in one single motion the bottle went from her face to the floor. She didn't place it down, the only movement was that of her arm as she threw it. I can't stand how normalized being a complete slob has become in the movies.

If it's not water then I dump it in a bin or on the nearest planter/tree. this post reminded me of an instance in a movie theatre. A woman sitting next to me finished a bottled drink and, no joke, in one single motion the bottle went from her face to the floor. She didn't place it down, the only movement was that of her arm as she threw it. I can't stand how normalized being a complete slob has become in the movies.

Working at a dealership and seeing how much of a slob customers can be is always "fun." Finding cup of ramen noodles dumped in the urinal is....something.

To go with that, is also when they leave their whole cup or bottle in the parking lot with liquids still in it. Great when you accidentally find yourself opening the door into someone's half full cup of coffee.

Working at a dealership and seeing how much of a slob customers can be is always "fun." Finding cup of ramen noodles dumped in the urinal is....something.

To go with that, is also when they leave their whole cup or bottle in the parking lot with liquids still in it. Great when you accidentally find yourself opening the door into someone's half full cup of coffee.
Oh, god. I feel like I gotta clean my car now. :nervous:

Oh, god. I feel like I gotta clean my car now. :nervous:
Hope it doesn't look like these trade-ins. :P
48357735_10218461348144371_1417291198535565312_o.jpg

48275224_10218461345024293_2179278092596412416_n.jpg

One thing that's been annoying me lately is people using multiple brands of the same product on car liveries in racing games (i.e. multiple tire/oil/energy drink brands). The part that really annoys and confuses me is it's not just on rush jobs but also appears on cars where the creator obviously put quite a bit of effort into it, only to ruin it by putting 3 oil brands on it. :banghead:

I know they're volunteers and I should just be grateful they share the stuff, but at the same time I hate seeing something that would look fantastic ruined by a minor detail that could easily be solved.

Lazy neighbors. We've all been there or will be at some point.

For the past month mine has left a wheel off his truck laying on my side of the property. I'm sick of it being there so tomorrow I'm taking out the valve core and putting the wheel on his front porch. He's already been asked to move it twice but obviously to no avail.

And for the record, I don't have a problem with him working on his vehicles or using space on my side of the property do so if need be. The only thing I have a problem with is him being lazy and leaving stuff laying out for a week or more. Especially since he's in his 30s and in all honesty should know better.

One thing that's been annoying me lately is people using multiple brands of the same product on car liveries in racing games (i.e. multiple tire/oil/energy drink brands). The part that really annoys and confuses me is it's not just on rush jobs but also appears on cars where the creator obviously put quite a bit of effort into it, only to ruin it by putting 3 oil brands on it. :banghead:

I know they're volunteers and I should just be grateful they share the stuff, but at the same time I hate seeing something that would look fantastic ruined by a minor detail that could easily be solved.

As a graphic designer, I know very well that sentiment. Not only multiple brands for the same product / service but also sizes of logos, lack of hierarchy, color combination, placement, etc. Maybe only 0.1% of liveries I see online are good (and they don't need to be complex to be good).

:rolleyes:

I can't believe how often I see this. I'm sorry to say that the apathy displayed isn't the least bit surprising, but I honestly don't understand the circumstances that lead to one actually doing it.

I'm just thankful I've never actually been physically affected by it (as in opening the door on one or even stepping on or kicking obe over) because when I'm parking, I can plainly see the cup sitting between the spaces and I move along.

As a graphic designer, I know very well that sentiment. Not only multiple brands for the same product / service but also sizes of logos, lack of hierarchy, color combination, placement, etc. Maybe only 0.1% of liveries I see online are good (and they don't need to be complex to be good).
When setting up "decal blocks" I will put straight vertical lines on the sides to resize the decals to be same width. Then I use a horizontal bar to space them out evenly. Takes a bit longer but god damn it looks so professional.

7430958087817691184_23.jpg

8440308660438041648_23.jpg

Edit; What would sponsor heirarchy be? How important the product is to making the car go? My order would be first is oil for engine to work, then tires and wheels, suspension, brakes, and then accessories like Recaro for seats or Alpine for race suits.

Last edited:
This is something I can understand, which makes livery creating a confused mess some times for me. Some brands are alien to me, which makes picking them somewhat difficult. Though thats what google is for right?

This is something I can understand, which makes livery creating a confused mess some times for me. Some brands are alien to me, which makes picking them somewhat difficult. Though thats what google is for right?
As big of a racing fan as I am I still had to Google OMP and many other brands to know what they manufacture.

Edit; What would sponsor heirarchy be? How important the product is to making the car go? My order would be first is oil for engine to work, then tires and wheels, suspension, brakes, and then accessories like Recaro for seats or Alpine for race suits.

I'm guessing he is referring to the Primary, secondary and contingency sponsors.

:rolleyes:

I can't believe how often I see this. I'm sorry to say that the apathy displayed isn't the least bit surprising, but I honestly don't understand the circumstances that lead to one actually doing it.

I'm just thankful I've never actually been physically affected by it (as in opening the door on one or even stepping on or kicking obe over) because when I'm parking, I can plainly see the cup sitting between the spaces and I move along.

I'm well aware of spotting cups or puddles when I'm parking. Though I don't always keep an eye out when I'm the passenger of someone else's car.

I have been to parking lots where there are so many that it's like a minefield. Mainly highway rest stops...

First of all... :yuck::grumpy:

Second, what is that down the side of the passenger seat in the Fusion... dirt or weed? :odd:

It's dirt.

I'm well aware of spotting cups or puddles when I'm parking. Though I don't always keep an eye out when I'm the passenger of someone else's car.

I have been to parking lots where there are so many that it's like a minefield. Mainly highway rest stops....
Ah, yeah, I can't remember the last time I wasn't driving. I get bad car sickness so I am always the one offering to drive.

The amount of people who work in restaurants that don't know the difference between a teaspoon and a tablespoon.

My father always asks for a tablespoon with his meal, and ninety percent of the time they bring back a teaspoon. Sometimes they even confirm that he wants a tablespoon rather than a teaspoon, and STILL get it wrong.

For 🤬 sake, what is so hard to tell the difference? It's three times the size! Oh, and you are working in a restaurant. You should probably know the difference between utensils.

The amount of people who work in restaurants that don't know the difference between a teaspoon and a tablespoon.

My father always asks for a tablespoon with his meal, and ninety percent of the time they bring back a teaspoon. Sometimes they even confirm that he wants a tablespoon rather than a teaspoon, and STILL get it wrong.

For 🤬 sake, what is so hard to tell the difference? It's three times the size! Oh, and you are working in a restaurant. You should probably know the difference between utensils.

I had to react to this one. I work in the Restaurant industry for 30 years and never heard of any experience like that in my life. Perhaps your father should look at his pronounciation of Tablespoon?

I had to react to this one. I work in the Restaurant industry for 30 years and never heard of any experience like that in my life. Perhaps your father should look at his pronounciation of Tablespoon?
I do not think this is the case.

I suppose you and the people you have worked with are educated. :)

It could also be the way he is asking for it. I'm always much more willing to actually help a customer if they're not being a massive 🤬.

It could also be the way he is asking for it. I'm always much more willing to actually help a customer if they're not being a massive 🤬.
After ordering: "Also, could I please get a tablespoon?"

Waiter: "Sure, I'll have that out with your food."

If it is then wrong after that, he turns into a customer of nightmares. Quite embarrassing. I do not condone nor encourage that behaviour.

Back