Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
Okay, Facebooks post system really annoys me on a computer. If you hit enter after typing a comment, the comment sends.
That annoys me because I could still be working on a comment and I hit enter out of "force of habit" as I often hit enter when typing something. I.E. I do that here on GTP when posting more than one paragraph.

Because that happens, I run in risk of someone catching my comment when it was still not done. There's also the fact I sometimes think of posting something, but I decide to change my mind. I have to ask Mark Zuckerberg, what the heck was wrong with the "post" button?!

Okay, Facebooks post system really annoys me on a computer. If you hit enter after typing a comment, the comment sends.
That annoys me because I could still be working on a comment and I hit enter out of "force of habit" as I often hit enter when typing something. I.E. I do that here on GTP when posting more than one paragraph.

Because that happens, I run in risk of someone catching my comment when it was still not done. There's also the fact I sometimes think of posting something, but I decide to change my mind. I have to ask Mark Zuckerberg, what the heck was wrong with the "post" button?!

Most social media has an option to change this. Not sure about Facebook though because I don’t use it.

Very, very annoying:

• When my nose is itching and can't use my hands for some reason to scratch. Even more annoying when my nose decides to keep on itching even if I scratch my nose.

• When my upper back is itching and can't reach it because I don't have a tool and my arms aren't long enough.

Very, very annoying:

• When my nose is itching and can't use my hands for some reason to scratch. Even more annoying when my nose decides to keep on itching even if I scratch my nose.

• When my upper back is itching and can't reach it because I don't have a tool and my arms aren't long enough.
One that gets to me is when my hands themselves itch. For some reason it seems impossible to ease an itch on my fingers. Usually the knuckles.

Being told that "Movie X Trailer Starts Now" before it actually starts.

Yes, I'm fully aware that the trailer's starting now.

I clicked the thumbnail that has "Movie X - Official Trailer - Whoever Pictures - In Theaters Whenever!" next to it, or indeed within the thumbnail itself, to start the trailer.

Last edited:
Question: Why do people sometimes ask questions about a video game on youtube videos versus google searching it? Especially when it comes to older games where tips and unlocks for the game have been shared on websites for years.

I mean, whenever I play an old game and get stumped, I always google search for an answer or look up a walkthrough. Usually, I find my answer immediately.

Why Maren Morris doesn't have the edited version of her song "Girl" on iTunes. (or anywhere really)
I like Maren Morris, but this is something that both confuses and annoys me, probably more than it should. The reason being is in her recent hit "Girl, while I like it, she says a dirty word at the very beginning of the song and bad language in music is something I generally am not fond of. Sure the song only has one dirty word in it, but I'd prefer it if it just wasn't there. The word is completely replaced on the radio edit to the point you wouldn't even know it was there originally and I like it, but the problem is, you can't find it anywhere for some reason. Meanwhile, she has the radio edit of her other song "Rich" on iTunes and while "Girl" may not have nearly as much bad language as "Rich" did, I don't understand why they couldn't have made that one available too. I love the song, but I could do without the unnecessary language in it and it shouldn't be so hard to find.

Last edited:
People that use poison to kill rats and mice in houses.
I don't get why people would even use these in a home. It doesn't kill them right away and it gives them a chance to go and die somewhere you would never be able to retrieve them let alone find them. Once this happens, they give off a very bad smell as they decompose and unless you find them, not only will it be a health hazard, but you'll be stuck with the smell for weeks and trust me, it's not fun! :ill:

My aunt started "helping" my grandma a while back and she put out poison somewhere in her house and well, what I described above is exactly what happened. We could not figure out where it was coming from if our lives depended on it and it took weeks for it to finally disappear. The smell was one of the worst things I had smelled in years. My whole family (myself included) were pretty mad about it and even my uncle (who is married to my aunt) was mad about it too. Just when we thought it was finally over, I noticed yesterday the smell is back and apparently another one has died somewhere in her house again. :grumpy: Hopefully, it won't be like the previous scenario...

I can understand not wanting to deal with dead mice or rats directly after they are killed with a trap, believe me, I do not like dealing with dead animals either, but I would rather do that that than have to deal with that smell again. There are ways to deal with them, but poison is NOT the answer!

Last edited:
Speaking of that, before my parents moved out of their house in CT; they had to get rid of a mouse problem. They tried poison and traps, but neither worked that well. However, they tried using mint and cotton balls as suggested by some friends. That actually got rid of the mouse problem.

Speaking of that, before my parents moved out of their house in CT; they had to get rid of a mouse problem. They tried poison and traps, but neither worked that well. However, they tried using mint and cotton balls as suggested by some friends. That actually got rid of the mouse problem.
Thanks for sharing, I'll be sure to mention that one of them and hopefully they'll consider it instead of poison. 👍

Ironically, after being around that smell for so long one day, it left a strange taste in my mouth and my mom told me eating peppermint candy will make it go away and sure enough, it did! Luckily we have a whole box full of them and man do they work wonders in times like this.

To add to catching mice, I once had a mouse in my car. Yes, my car of all places (it was sitting for about a week in the same spot during the wintertime at a mechanic's place I no longer wish to take it to). A co-worker told me to get a plastic cup and put peanut butter in it, then place the cup where the mouse could fall in but couldn't climb, chew, or move the cup so it could escape.

I ended up getting a slightly hourglass shaped glass bottle and put a mixture of peanut butter and water in it, then wedging the bottle in between the rear seats. Sure enough, when I came to check on about 6-7 hours later, the mouse was in the bottle, dead.

That was my mouse catching method.

Last edited:
Earworms--particularly the unidentifiable kind.

It seems to me that a song gets stuck in my head largely due to my inability to "complete" it, be it lyrically or melodically, and so actually listening to the song tends to cure me of the pest. Sometimes I can refer to a very catchy song that I know well, which overrides the one I'm having difficulty with, and am capable of finishing.

However, there are times such as now that I get a song which is so catchy that it isn't easily overridden...and I don't know what it is!

This is one that gets me every couple of months, and has been doing so for a number of years now. I don't recall how I came to hear it, and despite knowing that words are being sung, I can't make out a single one of them; much less enough with which to conduct a search. All I know is that it's poppy, it's peppy and it features a [probably] female vocalist...which doesn't exactly narrow it down.

One just has to listen out the whole song for a cure, as you say.

I had a tune in my head for about 6 months that drove me crazy. Couldn’t, for the life of me, discover it, and I only had one bar of it so not much to go on.

It turned out to be Genesis by Jorma Kaukonen which I’d heard on the soundtrack of Transcendence. I’d assumed it was Bob Dylan which led me down the wrong track. You cannot imagine how overjoyed I was to put a name to the cords constantly repeating in my head, keeping me awake a night for weeks on end.

This was the song in question:

People on Youtube that request videos that have been done a million times already.
I used to run a Youtube channel years ago for various sound effects from COD zombies and I mainly aimed to post stuff no one had posted before. I used to get a lot of requests for videos and while requests are fine, some of them were things that had already been done before and could easily be found without much searching. Character quotes were the most common example of this and I used to get annoyed when people asked for them. Why? Well, not only would it take me a VERY long time to put it together due to the number of quotes a character usually has, but almost always other people had already done a video of it with all of the quotes in high quality. Since I aimed mainly to post things no one had posted before, I felt I had little reason to do these videos since they were already done by others and I had little desire to do them as a result. Now if there were issues with the other videos out there, such as missing quotes or sound problems, that’s totally understandable, but unless that’s the case, then don’t bother.

Now I don’t have a problem with people requesting someone like Caddicarus to review a game JonTron already reviewed, that’s totally different because everyone has their own opinion on that type of stuff. Content like mine though, the difference between my video and theirs would be so small, it simply would not be enough to justify making it in my case. Of course, if someone didn’t know it already existed and/or it's not easy to find due to its title, I can understand that. However, there are people out there that already know a certain video exists, but will still ask for it anyways and those are the ones that annoy me most.

Though I don't know how many people will be able to relate to this and I am sure I could say a lot more on it too, hopefully, you get the point now.

Last edited:
People on Youtube that request videos that have been done a million times already.
I used to run a Youtube channel years ago for various sound effects from COD zombies and I mainly aimed to post stuff no one had posted before. I used to get a lot of requests for videos and while requests are fine, some of them were things that had already been done before and could easily be found without much searching. Character quotes were the most common example of this and I used to get annoyed when people asked for them. Why? Well, not only would it take me a VERY long time to put it together due to the number of quotes a character usually has, but almost always other people had already done a video of it with all of the quotes in high quality. Since I aimed mainly to post things no one had posted before, I felt I had little reason to do these videos since they were already done by others and I had little desire to do them as a result. Now if there were issues with the other videos out there, such as missing quotes or sound problems, that’s totally understandable, but unless that’s the case, then don’t bother.

Now I don’t have a problem with people requesting someone like Caddicarus to review a game JonTron already reviewed, that’s totally different because everyone has their own opinion on that type of stuff. Content like mine though, the difference between my video and theirs would be so small, it simply would not be enough to justify making it in my case. Of course, if someone didn’t know it already existed and/or it's not easy to find due to its title, I can understand that. However, there are people out there that already know a certain video exists, but will still ask for it anyways and those are the ones that annoy me most.

Though I don't know how many people will be able to relate to this and I am sure I could say a lot more on it too, hopefully, you get the point now.
A surprising one for me is a tutorial video I did about downloading and applying other players' custom liveries on GT Sport. I really didn't think it would be something anyone really needed and I felt there were probably hundreds of them out there already. Surprisingly, it is the single highest viewed video from my library by a very large margin.

I still get comments today saying thanks and I'm a life saver and so on. I even had to make a second video at one point 'cause Polyphony moved an icon and renamed it in an update and everyone got confused, messaging me that they can't find the option shown in the video.

The thing that annoys me the most is feeling depressed. And you can't do anything about that but wait until you get better. :ouch:

Old telephone ringtone about 3 or 4 years ago nobody had it and everybody had that silly double whistle ringtone and now everytime I hear the old telephone ringtone I think its my mobile now I need to find another ringtone that isn't silly and that nobody has and is something I can hear.

Every web browser today has the mainstream media on the speed dial and I have to put 4 rows websites on speed dial just so I can't see the mainstream media the only news I want is the weather.

thoughts that stay in my mind for to long.

Samsung Music app It had a nice black background you could call it a dark theme and now they have updated it and its bright white and burns my eyes and the Gmail app is the same but Youtube has a dark mode why can't Gmail? Samsung and Google please stop copying Apple!

Facebook app saying I have 32 Notifications when I don't and it's like only 7 and most are recycled.

Last edited:
This works, actually. I had a mouse problem in my garage and it spread to my car (in the engine bay and the headliner! It was a nightmare...) but I got some mint extract and soaked some cotton balls and the mouse problem was gone. Fortunately no damage done to my car from the mice and it smelled nice and minty afterwards.

A surprising one for me is a tutorial video I did about downloading and applying other players' custom liveries on GT Sport. I really didn't think it would be something anyone really needed and I felt there were probably hundreds of them out there already. Surprisingly, it is the single highest viewed video from my library by a very large margin.

I still get comments today saying thanks and I'm a life saver and so on.
It's possible you're video may cover something that the others do not, but I don't watch your content so I don't know for sure. It could be a number of things.

I can honestly justify tutorials a lot more than the content mentioned in my post because some people don't always do a decent job in explaining things like they should.
I even had to make a second video at one point 'cause Polyphony moved an icon and renamed it in an update and everyone got confused, messaging me that they can't find the option shown in the video.
That's a good enough reason to redo it! 👍

The new Mazda MX-5 2018 confuses me.

So I stumbled across a Mazda dealer with time to spare so I browsed the cars. My eyes immediately fell on two MX-5 hardtops, holy cow they were beautiful! :eek: And not just beautiful but actually...affordable. Really low drag design, low weight, looked absolutely stunning, 4 cylinder is good enough for the specs as well and overall quality was totally acceptable - what a beauty.

And then when I tried to climb into the car it all fell apart. I could not steer the car with the door closed as the interior was simply too small! I was stuck in there in an awkward painful position with the door squishing my left shoulder which did not allow me to properly operate the car - at all.

True, I'm a weight lifter but definitely not the biggest guy in the world, tons of other people must be experiencing the same issue.

So why would you design a car that is only drivable for like half the potential customers?

I have only being a passenger in the MX-5 and its two low to the ground and very uncomfortable but I fit in the car.

I have only being a passenger in the MX-5 and its two low to the ground and very uncomfortable but I fit in the car.
I'm an absolute fan of low small sports cars yet I'm a 186 cm 110kg weight lifter.

Guess I belong to the group of people who always want what they cannot have. :banghead:

Old telephone ringtone about 3 or 4 years ago nobody had it and everybody had that silly double whistle ringtone and now everytime I hear the old telephone ringtone I think its my mobile now I need to find another ringtone that isn't silly and that nobody has and is something I can hear.
Assuming there's nothing stopping you from using just any audio file as a ringtone, I've opted to use this song as my primary. It has qualities that make it audible in most any situation, it doesn't present as anything but a "ringtone" (no vocals) until well after a call goes to voicemail and I've never encountered anyone else with it. Added bonus, people who aren't familiar with it are none the wiser but I can tell when someone is because it puts a smile on their face.

I want a girlfriend and I can't have one.
Why not?

Assuming there's nothing stopping you from using just any audio file as a ringtone, I've opted to use this song as my primary. It has qualities that make it audible in most any situation, it doesn't present as anything but a "ringtone" (no vocals) until well after a call goes to voicemail and I've never encountered anyone else with it. Added bonus, people who aren't familiar with it are none the wiser but I can tell when someone is because it puts a smile on their face.

Why not?
I have been asking myself this question for years, since my last girlfriend.

Ah, so there's no external force stopping you.
I have no idea what external force there is that could make it impossible for me to find a girlfriend. The only force I'm aware of that makes it impossible is me, myself and I.

Back