Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
One thing what I don't understand in them when they say truly seriously "don't look at me I'm ugly!", but at the same time they have 1000 pictures of themself on their phone. :lol:

Any woman claiming to be ugly and that I’m looking at them must have forgotten their glasses.

Her: “Don’t look at me I’m ugly!”
Me: “Don’t flatter yourself, love, I was looking past you.”

One thing what I don't understand in them when they say truly seriously "don't look at me I'm ugly!", but at the same time they have 1000 pictures of themself on their phone. :lol:

They probably have an illogical insecurity about some part on their face, and when you look at them, they think you are focusing on that specific insecurity.

A 1000 pictures probably means it's difficult to take a good picture easily lol

Football fans talking as if they played in a league match.

"We scored 2-1 to get to the semi-finals."
"It's hard to tell if we could have played better against them."
"There's no way Mr. X deserved that penalty. We were robbed!"

Probably missing something here, but you don't hear film fans for example leaving after the credits roll saying : "Wow, we really nailed that jump to get out of that explosion in time!"

Why do Americans put "cheese" in a can?
FloweryHorribleBaiji-small.gif

There are a lot of game forums that get under my skin. Sometimes I'll think to myself am I getting too obsessed with this game or spending too much time, but then I'll talk to a friend that plays or look into a forum and realize I don't understand even a quarter of what they say. So much weird language that's impossible to keep up with and almost everyone is so snobby and judgmental.
I get this crippling anxiety that keeps me from doing co-op parts of the game due to the whole strict "play the game this way or don't play at all" mentallity. It's expected that you've watched ten walkthrough videos before even thinking of progressing. Do these folks have real lives? And no, I'm not talking about GTPlanet. :gtpflag:

There are a lot of game forums that get under my skin. Sometimes I'll think to myself am I getting too obsessed with this game or spending too much time, but then I'll talk to a friend that plays or look into a forum and realize I don't understand even a quarter of what they say. So much weird language that's impossible to keep up with and almost everyone is so snobby and judgmental.
I get this crippling anxiety that keeps me from doing co-op parts of the game due to the whole strict "play the game this way or don't play at all" mentallity. It's expected that you've watched ten walkthrough videos before even thinking of progressing. Do these folks have real lives? And no, I'm not talking about GTPlanet. :gtpflag:

When I go and read other game forums to look for a answer to a question its always like here is your answer and they just post a link or Sorry we are not the forum for xyz and nobody bothers to answer the question and the links they post are not the same question or just don't help at all. It drives me mad:mad:!

(I'm not talking about GTPlanet:gtpflag:)

Certain words and how to pronounce them.

One example: apocalypse. Sometimes I say acopalypse. I know something is wrong when I pronounce it that way but have the think about it really hard to pronounce it correctly.

Compatibility is another example. Sometimes I pronounce it as comtability or compability.

:ouch:

Last edited:
Certain words and how to pronounce them.

One example: apocalypse. Sometimes I say acopalypse. I know something is wrong when I pronounce it that way but have the think about it really hard to pronounce it correctly.

Compatibility is another example. Sometimes I pronounce it as comtability or compability.

:ouch:
Not 100% the same, but my nephew was tripping me out over a pronunciation the other night. We play an online rpg together, and a character we ran into was named Claxio. I noticed he kept saying "Ca-laxio." Out of curiosity I ask him to say our last name for me and he says Clark with no problem. Okay, now read that name. "Ca-laxio." hmmm:lol:

Not 100% the same, but my nephew was tripping me out over a pronunciation the other night. We play an online rpg together, and a character we ran into was named Claxio. I noticed he kept saying "Ca-laxio." Out of curiosity I ask him to say our last name for me and he says Clark with no problem. Okay, now read that name. "Ca-laxio." hmmm:lol:
Clam down.

People who enter through the exit doors. Or at least try... Trying to leave a store that had the automatic swinging doors (not the sliding ones) and some guy decided he'd wait for me to exit to enter the store, but instead he tripped the safety sensor and caused the exit door to stop right in my face so I couldn't get out without having to push my way out. Honestly felt like yelling at him for not even bothering to take a few steps to his left to enter the proper entrance way. I feel like I've been seeing this happen more and more often. It's frustrating.

People who enter through the exit doors. Or at least try... Trying to leave a store that had the automatic swinging doors (not the sliding ones) and some guy decided he'd wait for me to exit to enter the store, but instead he tripped the safety sensor and caused the exit door to stop right in my face so I couldn't get out without having to push my way out. Honestly felt like yelling at him for not even bothering to take a few steps to his left to enter the proper entrance way. I feel like I've been seeing this happen more and more often. It's frustrating.
I can't count how many instances people would rather just dump trash on the floor than walk two steps to a trashcan right next to them.
My high school took a survey, and students said they couldn't see the trashcans due to theur color. The school installed new bright blue ones throughout campus, about 3 times as many as there were before. Couldn't walk ten feet without bumping into one.
Did that solve their litter problem? You bet your rear it didn't! Made no difference at all! People are just lazy and inconsiderate. Wall-E is no joke.

My last Costco run there was a shopping cart blocking a parking lot aisle, pointed right at the cart corral with its front wheels just three feet away from the corral threshold.

I'm finding it annoying about boycotting everything (especially on Twitter). Almost as much as people like to tie anything to an Internet meme or troll something severely, it's like some people want to boycott everything in the universe, usually for stuff that isn't all that serious. I mean... you boycott something for some kind of extreme measure or some kind of extreme or unjust acts or thoughts by certain individuals that means not supporting some company and its moral standards. People these days are more wanting to *boycott* some company for, let me think... spelling your name wrong. Getting your order wrong. Some people just get too soft or want to hate for no reason. So just because of people making mountains out of molehills (so to speak), they want everything boycotted... and it just annoys me terribly.

On a different note, there was one recent news bit on Twitter that was pretty worthy of negative criticism, when there was something about a picture of the founder of Jimmy Johns hunting an elephant. But still, this whole "boycott (something)" is almost as annoying and misleading as saying "RIP" to someone who isn't actually dead or recently died.

When you're at the store in the "10 Items or less - Express Checkout Lane" and the person in front of you has WAY more than 10 items.
I'm not talking 11 or 12 items, I'm talking 16 to 18 items. I just don't get it.

BMW and Audi model nomenclature.

For a long long time BMWs came in S / M / L sizes: 3 series, 5 series, and 7 series. OK, fine, there was no designation for 2 or 4 doors, but whatever. Same with Audi, using even numbers instead of odd.

Then BMW added the 6 series (2-door 5 series) and the 8 series (2-door 7 series). Also fine... but the 2-door 3 series was still a 3 series. WTF?! This went on for at least almost 2 decades.

Finally, in the early 2010s, they corrected the problem, renaming the 2-door 3 series as the 4 series. Rejoice! It makes sense now! But wait... that joy will be short-lived.

After finally getting it right after decades of being idiots, BMW promptly went back to being idiots within just a few short years, introducing a FOUR-DOOR 4 SERIES, the 4-series Gran Coupe. They already HAD a series for compact-size 4-doors: THE 3 SERIES! Are they stupid, or just TRYING to piss me off? Did a 2-series even ever exist, as the 2-door version of the 1-series? And don't get me started on the whole concept of a 4-door coupe. BMW's not alone in that bit of idiocy.

Audi did exactly the same thing with the A4 / A6 / A8. The A5 was the 2-door A4, we got it. So why does my boss drive a 4-door A5?

These are Germans, fercryinoutloud. The very people who pride themselves on having such a rational, system-oriented thinking process.

Last edited:
People who think being controversial and making jokes that are "too soon" are worth it. All they want is to seek attention and anger people for fun. When a tragedy happens, they jump on the chance to make a joke about it and say "too soon, lol." Real :censored:ing mature...

Hearing the news of Jessi Combs' death was truly saddening, but of course one 🤬 prick on my social media feed thought it'd be edgy to make a joke about how women can't drive, followed by a hashtag "toosoon."

You're not being edgy. You're just a 🤬 And anyone who tries to call out these "edgelords" get called wusses, easily offended or that it was "just a joke." What a BS defense....

Of course, at this point, the internet is full of it. Before anyone says "welcome to the internet."

Last edited:
@Duke -- I don't suppose it helps you feel better that the 3-series was originally only a 2-door, then both, before being designated a 4-door. Or that BMW had a working designation for 2-door versions of 4-door sedans in the '60s with the 02 suffix. Or that the 6-series and 8-series could have been distinguished by their 'C' designation like the 6-series' predecessors...or the E46 3-series. :)

BMW and Audi model nomenclature.

For a long long time BMWs came in S / M / L sizes: 3 series, 5 series, and 7 series. OK, fine, there was no designation for 2 or 4 doors, but whatever. Same with Audi, using even numbers instead of odd.

Then BMW added the 6 series (2-door 5 series) and the 8 series (2-door 7 series). Also fine... but the 2-door 3 series was still a 3 series. WTF?! This went on for at least almost 2 decades.

Finally, in the early 2010s, they corrected the problem, renaming the 2-door 3 series as the 4 series. Rejoice! It makes sense now! But wait... that joy will be short-lived.

After finally getting it right after decades of being idiots, BMW promptly went back to being idiots within just a few short years, introducing a FOUR-DOOR 4 SERIES, the 4-series Gran Coupe. They already HAD a series for compact-size 4-doors: THE 3 SERIES! Are they stupid, or just TRYING to piss me off? Did a 2-series even ever exist, as the 2-door version of the 1-series? And don't get me started on the whole concept of a 4-door coupe. BMW's not alone in that bit of idiocy.

Audi did exactly the same thing with the A4 / A6 / A8. The A5 was the 2-door A4, we got it. So why does my boss drive a 4-door A5?

These are Germans, fercryinoutloud. The very people who pride themselves on having such a rational, system-oriented thinking process.

Kudos for stopping at the first bit of the nomenclature, most people would then move on to the badge not representing engine displacement, and then probably move onto how long of a model name it is if you include all the suffixes.

Back