Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
I have no idea what external force there is that could make it impossible for me to find a girlfriend. The only force I'm aware of that makes it impossible is me, myself and I.
Well I could imagine familial or religious constraints, where you could theoretically have one but it wouldn't be worth the penalties. But now I know it to be rooted internally.

When I go to a Restaurant or Cafè and the place is empty and I walk in then all these other people think it's a good idea like do other people need to see somebody in a Restaurant or Cafè to try it?

I often find [most] "selfie" picture filters annoying. You know how they say, "two wrongs don't make a right?" Well one time on Instagram, I saw one video of someone who had one of those annoying (at least to me) dog ears and dog nose filters; but on top of that, it looked like some bubble gum blowing filter while she was talking. An annoying "selfie" filter + bubble gum blowing = two annoyances of mine. When I've seen some live streams on Instagram, I just CAN NOT get into a video chat session where someone is using such filters. All of the Instagram stuff I've posted- no filters at all. Only thing close to filters I've done are mostly overlaying certain things to describe images or something like that.

Speaking of Instagram, my next contribution to this thread is more confusing than annoying. Why is it that Instagram "fan pages" want to follow you rather than the actual page wanting to follow you? To use GTPlanet as an example, why would an Instagram GTPlanet fan profile want to follow your work, but not GTPlanet's Instagram itself? Do some profiles think they are too good to Follow you or that they feel their reputation would be at risk for following you on Instagram?

Rant(s) over. Carry on...

I often find [most] "selfie" picture filters annoying. You know how they say, "two wrongs don't make a right?" Well one time on Instagram, I saw one video of someone who had one of those annoying (at least to me) dog ears and dog nose filters; but on top of that, it looked like some bubble gum blowing filter while she was talking. An annoying "selfie" filter + bubble gum blowing = two annoyances of mine. When I've seen some live streams on Instagram, I just CAN NOT get into a video chat session where someone is using such filters. All of the Instagram stuff I've posted- no filters at all. Only thing close to filters I've done are mostly overlaying certain things to describe images or something like that.

Speaking of Instagram, my next contribution to this thread is more confusing than annoying. Why is it that Instagram "fan pages" want to follow you rather than the actual page wanting to follow you? To use GTPlanet as an example, why would an Instagram GTPlanet fan profile want to follow your work, but not GTPlanet's Instagram itself? Do some profiles think they are too good to Follow you or that they feel their reputation would be at risk for following you on Instagram?

Rant(s) over. Carry on...
My sister just gushes over those dumb filters. She'll spend up to an hour sometimes with the selfie camera, dragging others into it. "Smile, mom! Smile" Laughing to the point of tears, and I just can't wrap my head around it. So annoying. Some people seriously need hobbies. She's in her mid 40's, by the way.

I feel that nothing kills the mood or the experience faster than "everyone stop what you're doing and pose." I tell my friends that I don't mind candid shots, but my patience wears fast for group photos. Also, in this day and age we don't have to stand there for a cycle of 20 cameras. Just take a shot and share it digitally.

Bunch of haters. I look amazing.

20190604_191727.jpg

Had to make an emergency trip to Smart & Final this morning and it was full of people walking next to their shopping carts. I suspect they're fully aware that it makes getting around them with a cart more difficult.

When I find a Restaurant or Cafè I like and the local newspaper writes about something great on the menu and then they get all these trend customers and you have to wait till this ends.

When I go on the Steam store and look at a game and then this livestream spam covers the game photos and video and if you scroll down the livestream is in a box on the left side I don't buy games recommended by livestreamers if I am on the steam store page I have probably already made up my mind livestreamers just make me not want to buy the game.

I mentioned this in a blog post I did earlier this year or so, and another annoyance of mine are gender reveal parties. The mindset of a pregnant mother or some couple is more like... "let me bring together family and friends to celebrate the gender of my child!" There is absolutely nothing wrong with wondering if your child(ren) will be male or female. My problem is in the actual parties and stuff. You know... people blowing blue smoke for a boy, pink cupcakes for a girl, stuff like that. It's like a cheap excuse to party. Also, think of the kids when they get older. Or like, let's say some girl was supposed to be a boy, or maybe some boy feels he was born in the wrong body and wants to be a girl. No matter how you look at it, gender reveal parties are just foul, annoying, and pointless.

I mentioned this in a blog post I did earlier this year or so, and another annoyance of mine are gender reveal parties. The mindset of a pregnant mother or some couple is more like... "let me bring together family and friends to celebrate the gender of my child!" There is absolutely nothing wrong with wondering if your child(ren) will be male or female. My problem is in the actual parties and stuff. You know... people blowing blue smoke for a boy, pink cupcakes for a girl, stuff like that. It's like a cheap excuse to party. Also, think of the kids when they get older. Or like, let's say some girl was supposed to be a boy, or maybe some boy feels he was born in the wrong body and wants to be a girl. No matter how you look at it, gender reveal parties are just foul, annoying, and pointless.

I actually didn’t know they were a thing until reading your post but I already hate them with a passion.

Oh, they are [sadly] a thing, W3HS. Simply learning the gender of your child(ren) is somehow not good enough to some. Some feel it is a celebration to find out what gender your child(ren) will be. Gender reveal parties are a thing because people make them a thing.

The only thing that confuses me is if people still do a traditional baby shower alongside it or if the reveal party replaces it? If it takes the place of a baby shower than I don't have any issues with them, but if they insist on both than they are rather stupid.

Also, think of the kids when they get older. Or like, let's say some girl was supposed to be a boy, or maybe some boy feels he was born in the wrong body and wants to be a girl. No matter how you look at it, gender reveal parties are just foul, annoying, and pointless.

Worrying about that type of stuff is rather pointless since it's not like the child is bound to being a certain sex because their parents served blue or pink cupcakes 3 months before they were officially alive.

Of course there's always a chance the baby could die during childbirth or just be plain stillborn.

Gender reveal parties (or just reveals rather than a party) are simply used for creative ways to reveal the gender of a baby. No harm in that is there?

Making mistakes in the past and have to deal with it in the future, is what annoys me a lot. To be more exact, I annoy myself when I do this. :mad:

Um, this confuses me. Why do cars have daytime running lights? I just never knew the point of these.
Is it for tunnels and underpasses?

I have said this before somewhere hidden deep in this thread but girls confuse me and sometimes their behavior annoys me.

I have said this before somewhere hidden deep in this thread but girls confuse me and sometimes their behavior annoys me.
One thing what I don't understand in them when they say truly seriously "don't look at me I'm ugly!", but at the same time they have 1000 pictures of themself on their phone. :lol:

Back