Things that make you go hmmm...

Has anyone noticed the wooden diffuser on the '98 Diablo GT2? How about the brown floor carpet in the '91 Acura NSX? Oh yeah and last time I checked all S2000's had black A pillars or maybe that's just in the US.

One thing that bothers me and it's minor!....But in the rear view mirror, when you go off road, the debris and dust don't show up.... I know it's not a BID DEAL at all, but I noticed it in GT5 and now GT6 and always wondered why not?
I mean, the game is fantastic, and has tons of details, but then they dismiss something like that.... IDK, maybe I am just anal.

One thing that bothers me and it's minor!....But in the rear view mirror, when you go off road, the debris and dust don't show up.... I know it's not a BID DEAL at all, but I noticed it in GT5 and now GT6 and always wondered why not?
I mean, the game is fantastic, and has tons of details, but then they dismiss something like that.... IDK, maybe I am just anal.

its because a ps3 is a old poc, they polyphony cant do anything about , yeah they can add but then probably the framerate will drop.

why you think racing in gt6 looks like 99% the same of gt5

When you start at Goodwood the marshals don't appear in your rear view mirror. But if you look back you can still see them :lol:

:lol:

And yesterday I also noticed that you can't see the name of the colors in the Pagani dealership for the Huayra. (both model years)

That the R8 LMS Phoenix has more PP than the plain silver one. They both have the exact same specs. Only difference is that the R8 Phoenix has more possible downforce than the plain silver one, but downforce doesn't effect PP, hmmm. Could it be that it's not the downforce value you have on your car that effects PP, but the maximum amount of downforce that it's possible to put on your car?

That there are a hand full of AI cars that do stoppies when they break hard. When one of them has there tail in the air run under the back bumper for a laugh.

When you look in the side mirrors of your car, the curbs and other cars appear jaggy. I've only seen this in an online room, haven't seen offline. So I'm guessing its a latency issue.

When you look in the side mirrors of your car, the curbs and other cars appear jaggy. I've only seen this in an online room, haven't seen offline. So I'm guessing its a latency issue.

Nope, offline as well, when you look in mirrors, its GT3 quality.

I don't like how certain cars with certain exhaust upgrades are all mismatched and should belong on another car. (here are some for you guys to try and see what I'm on about)

Ford GT '06, put a racing exhaust on it, thats how it should sound stock, albeit a little bit less gruffer.
Lotus Elise 11R '04 put a racing exhaust on it, it sounds like a Ferrari
RedBull Xseries (not the Jr or kart), stock sounds like it should belong on the FXX

Fans - "Hey PD how about DB5 or premium Supra ?"

*PD Creates two military premium cars used by Third Reich* :confused:

izjlz5Bkz4YDN.gif

The fact that I can't properly check out my own cars. I just want a viewing mode where I can move the camera myself, it's really frustrating having to wait for the camera to swing around so I can see the new exhausts.

The MINI Countryman's short description actually describes the Clubman - "The estate version of the MINI, with side-opening rear doors for more utility" - a car not even featured in the game; and and the long description in Car Information, while correctly describing the Countryman for most of the time, says it was "the first four-door MINI with a split door in the rear"; something which, unless I'm getting my facts all wrong, is untrue.

Found another one! When night driving against AI only your car actually cast light onto the track. Weird huh.

What?:confused:

any pictures of what you mean?
No pics. Just my observations. Just check it out for yourselves, I tell no lie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found another one! When night driving against AI only your car actually cast light onto the track. Weird huh.
That actually drives me nuts, it kills night driving for me... Even GT 5 at least did the car in front and car behind you.

Its so jarring I would hope they do something about it...

That's because the game has to render separately what happens in the rear view mirrors, and it can't do that in full detail, al least on PS3.

It's a bummer, I know.

It a bit obvious but...Dem gear shifts. They are just the worst; even with AT. And it's the one gripe in GT6 I cannot ignore no matter how hard I try.

One of my serious pet peeves is the Viper ACR. In real life it has adjustable front and rear downforce, fully adjustable racing coilovers. But in GT5 & GT6 it doesn't have adjustable downforce and it doesn't come with racing suspension stock. You have to buy a racing suspension for a car that comes stock with a racing suspension in real life. I cant take the car seriously at all.

Why not turbos on Vipers, Vettes, Nissan Z's etc? They have graduated from only superchargers to turbochargers on those cars for about as long as GT has been around. Get with the times PD :)

Premium Suzuki's but Toyota GT1, Oreca Viper, R92CP, MKIV Supra,
etc are still standards?

Has anyone noticed the wooden diffuser on the '98 Diablo GT2? How about the brown floor carpet in the '91 Acura NSX? Oh yeah and last time I checked all S2000's had black A pillars or maybe that's just in the US.

Well, it actually IS wood. The top of it has just been painted black for aesthetic purposes. Look at the side skirts in this picture.

diagt0211.jpg

You can clearly see the wood grain.

There is also a posibility it could be made out of Jabroc. Which is the same material that is used for the lower "plank" on a Formula 1 car.
It is a wood laminate, that is put together similar to carbon fiber. Layered with high grade epoxy, and then cured under heat and pressure. What you are left with is a relatively light weight, extremely strong, and very heat and abrasive resistant material, that can easily be shaped or machined into almost any shape. Its great abrasive durability is what makes it such a fantastic choice for putting on the underside of a race car, where it will come in contact with the road. It wont fray or shred like carbon fiber will, become deformed, get hot, or spark, like metal will, or deform under heat and pressure like a plastic would. Here are some exampled of Jabroc on a race car.

PescaroloJudd03LMTest2012-RCE2.JPG

PorscheRSSpyderSeb07-MF3.jpg

DSC04740.jpg

So, yes, the Diablo GT2 diffuser is "wood" or a wood based product.

Well, it actually IS wood. The top of it has just been painted black for aesthetic purposes. Look at the side skirts in this picture.

-snip-

So, yes, the Diablo GT2 diffuser is "wood" or a wood based product.

Great reply, was thinking of posting something similar.

Back