Things That Really Annoy You In GT6

• Thread starter WRECKU
  • 262 comments
For me, the NASCAR. You get only your NASCAR car in an Arcade Mode race, and the cars sound nothing like the real ones. At least the Gen 6 (2013) cars.

Take the time to watch a real race at Bathurst. No car coming down Conrad ( using the draft or slipstream from the car in front) passes the car in front halfway and gets 3 to 4 car lengths in front of the car they just passed. It takes the full length of the straight to complete a move like that. Sorry it is a game they should stop using the simulate tag.
now that I've played more I have to agree- draft gets pretty crazy.

As I pass my 10th year on GTPlanet...thought I'd finally join the GT6 discussions....

To be honest, I've been really impressed with the game thus far, but my gaming style is vastly different to many on here.

However, I do have a few complaints, probably stated countless times by others:

-Rolling starts. Seriously, for the sake of extra frames per second, it does get annoying.
-Although there's been some fabulous new car additons (some of the classic American cars, the Pikes Peak Audis, the classic Ferraris), seriously, do we really need 50 MX5s, GT86 clones, Skyline/GTRs, and the Japanese AND Western model versions! They say 1200 it's more like about 900-1000 max cars.
-Lack of prize cars is a minor annoyance but it makes it more special when you DO get one.
-The DLC 15th anniversary cars cannot have their appearances modified in anyway. And cannot be sold. I think they all ended up in my stock yard.
-The Nissan GTR mission at Silverstone is a pain in the arse as are the cone coffee breaks., Again a minor gripe and I just leave them for later.

Nearly everything, not a very good (game) sim all round for me. If it wasn't for the upcoming WRS I think mine would be in the bargain bin somewhere. For me this seems like a big step back, bar a few little things here and there that gt5 had become after several updates
Here's Hoping
Happy New Year

Other than the lack of the ability to make fast credits.......The "Unexplained Random Flip" as I call it on Nurburgring. If you clip the Red/White stripes on the side of the track at high speed in the middle of a long corner you flip over and tumble for no reason.

The Choices of cars that the AI uses.

Here is some stories of this getting my way.

I was doing a Single race-Professional in a 500PP Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, in Special Stage Route X. Instead of matching it to a car to that level, such as a Ferarri California, or a RE Amemiya, I end up getting pitted against easy to defeat Honda Civics, and a huge heap of Mitsubishi Lancers and Subaru Imprezas, which were not at least (estimated) powering 400PP. So, due to this, it practically takes out the fun and challenge of racing professional in SSRX.

Also, another one is that I was doing a Nighttime Cup on Mount Panorama using a 305HP, 448PP 1998 Subaru. Legacy, but strangely, I get pitted against cars that are ABOVE the 450PP limiter, such as a overpowered Mazda RX-7, powered by the AI, that occupies first and second positions at start, which is extremely ridiculous, because those two took pole and second positions for the first 3 laps, and ramming whoever gets in their way, and
doing such unwary stuff, such as a pit-in-maneuver, normally used in police car-chases.

And last, but not least, you are forced into a Honda Fit at start, especially if you can buy BETTER cars at that price range, and the 100 Mazda Miatas and 200 Nissan Skylines are just wasting space of the 1200 cars in the game, why does PD put a lot of variants of those, it's just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Exactly, as ^ post did. I did the same for the M4 challenge and the Hudson. I was 3 seconds off of gold, and I tried my best to keep up with the ghost, I failed, but I failed better than when I was on my own and got gold lol.

First off the SOUND!!!

It's GT 6 and this problem has been going on for way to long. It's like there are 8 generic engine sounds in the game and they just get recycled.

I don't know if it's laziness on PDs part or a money issue or as Kaz's newest EXCUSE: "Its the limits of the PS3 system that prevent it"

Maybe that is true and if it is JUST SAY SO! PD is frustratingly quiet a about some things.

Anyhow, nothing ruins driving a Ferrari in GT6 more than it sounding like any other performance V8 or V12 in the game. NOTHING sounds like a Ferrari but a Ferrari!

Close second to that is the Artificial NON Intelligents of the AI cars. I'm sick of getting bumped, rammed and pitted all the time with nothing happening to the perpetrators of the bumping.

Thirdly, is some of the very odd physics that happen in the game. Like making a turn on the Tokyo R246 in my stock 09 Impreza WRX STI, SS tires and I drive over the rumble strip and ROLL AND FLIP the car. :odd:

Seriously????

Try it for yourself, it's quite fun.

Or ONE wheel slipping off into the grass and instantly loosing grip in the other four wheels! Or the same happening on the rumble strips on several tracks when using racing slicks.

REALLY PD?

I've watched a lot of racing and never seen a car totally upset from ONE wheel on the stripes.

So that' s my top three: Engine sound, STUUUUPID AI and the new and "improved" physics.

Last edited:
The SOUND!!!

It's GT 6 and this problem has been going on for way to long. It's like there are 8 generic engine sounds in the game and they just get recycled.

I don't know if it's laziness on PDs part or a money issue or as Kaz's newest EXCUSE: "Its the limits of the PS3 system that prevent it"

Maybe that is true and if it is JUST SAY SO! PD is frustratingly quiet a about some things.

Anyhow, nothing ruins driving a Ferrari in GT6 more than it sounding like any other performance V8 or V12 in the game. NOTHING sounds like a Ferrari but a Ferrari!

There isn't really anything to excuse it. Forza 4 is on the 360, and the consoles are the same, but Forza 5 fans laud Forza 4 as having better sounds, so whats PD's excuse? Possibly the only thing is time, but they have a good year or so to iron out the kinks.

There isn't really anything to excuse it. Forza 4 is on the 360, and the consoles are the same, but Forza 5 fans laud Forza 4 as having better sounds, so whats PD's excuse? Possibly the only thing is time, but they have a good year or so to iron out the kinks.

I would hope with the next update they would but I've been waiting for that update since GT 5 when everybody including myself said the engine sounds are bad.

Maybe that's the problem...it's a language translation / context problem with Kaz and the boys.
We say "the sound is bad" when what we mean is the sound is INACCURATE for a given car. The sound in the game is fine. The engine sounds are fine...they are just inaccurate for a given car. A Ferrari Dino has a sound that is different than a 308 as the BB 512 flat 12 is different from a Lambo V12. I need an EXACT engine sound that matches the EXACT car I'm driving, not something that's generic

Well it seems that they have the recordings for the car, they just distorted it and computerized it too much. They should distort it in a manner to highlight the tone (the growl of a V-8, Ferrari whine) or just leave it more raw and unedited. We know they have some semblance of what it sounds like with the LFA sounding somewhat like the LFA, and the Gallardo sounding like a Gallardo somewhat. Its just that they just copy and paste a little and they feel like they can turn in this hack job in the sound department. A sound engine, that would be a massive patch, sitting at maybe 3gb +, it just seems that its not being prioritized as highly as we want it.

No. 1 annoyance and this is from GT5: The game won't remember my camera choice.

It does remember your camera choice. At least mine does. My car view is always the same as the last one I used.

It's other settings that are iffy. Race settings often stay the same in championships, but otherwise different races it semi resets certain elements, like traction etc. Goes back to the default 5. It should save settings universally.

It does remember your camera choice. At least mine does. My car view is always the same as the last one I used.

It's other settings that are iffy. Race settings often stay the same in championships, but otherwise different races it semi resets certain elements, like traction etc. Goes back to the default 5. It should save settings universally.

It doesn't for me. Perhaps I need to look into menu settins.

TCS seems to be car-specific. I've made it a habit whenever I use a car for the first time, I go and set TCS to 0.

20140102_220509.jpg

This....

Hate the fact that rally tests are included with all license tests.... Please have a seperate rally license! If i wanted to rally i'd buy a rally game. And that takes the fun out of trying achieve gold in all tests cause i hate rally, especially on GT. Just my opinion, but i think its the worst part of the game

Dunno if its been said yet but forced SRF on the S license.... go against the point of it being the highest tier license

Hate the fact that rally tests are included with all license tests.... Please have a seperate rally license! If i wanted to rally i'd buy a rally game. And that takes the fun out of trying achieve gold in all tests cause i hate rally, especially on GT. Just my opinion, but i think its the worst part of the game

I see your point and understand where you're coming from. Personally I hate ALL the licensing tests going back to GT4. They don't teach much and prove nothing except just how OCD somebody is; I for one don't have the patience to drive around cones 35 times just to shave a second off and get gold.

Maybe I just stink and everybody else did it in one or two tries but not me. I'm also positive I'm not alone.

One other thing, I encourage you and everyone to embrace all rallying in GT. It made me a better GT driver and able to correct mistakes and corners taken to fast in non-rally cars. Try it, you'll learn to like it ;) 👍

Here's a feature I hate!
Being finally given the option to put custom parts on my Ferrari F430 like I could on my Ferrari F430scuderia.
Only to have the available parts bought and paid for not show up on the Ferrari F430 at all in any form.
Essentially even though parts are equipped, it looks stock except for wheels making it exactly like the one I had from GT5 I wasn't allowed to change.

Another broken feature I present to you...
Exhibit A:
The F430 has bought and equipped black carbon hood like the F430scuderia next to it. Do you see it???? Do you see that wing on the F430? GT6problems!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    838.6 KB · Views: 7
poly needs to focus, this games gonna loose them some fans. if they dont change there tune. there no reason why this game should at least have same features as F4, lazy poly lazy.

Rally use to be a separate license test. I think they changed it in GT3. Cant remember for sure since its been so long and I gave my X-GF's son my PS1 and PS2 with all the games to see if it inspired him to get into cars more.

PD also missed an opportunity to add some DLC or updates over the Christmas/New year holiday break. Many GT players are on holiday for a bit so that would have been a great time to add more stuff, like new actual races in the Seasonals-not just time trials, as well as B-spec (needs to have x3 speed option from GT4 too or it becomes pointless and tiresome) so we can grind more easily, proper endurance races and the rest of the Red Bull races that are currently listed as "coming soon". The game has been out a month and many of us have already won everything or are close to it-we need new material otherwise this game will have short life, do you know what I am saying?

This may be the downside of the ability to have DLC and updates and patches-it encourages developers to be lazy and to lose focus,"meh lets just release the game as is, whatever we realise we've missed we can always add later."

PD also missed an opportunity to add some DLC or updates over the Christmas/New year holiday break...
The plan is for one DLC instance per month, presumably starting in January - there has however been one update and two more scheduled for Jan.

Played for about 2 hours yet on the career mode...AI too easy but the most annoying is about the tracks !
they recreated very nice tracks for GT6, like the Ascari one and they didnt included it for the B and A licenses.
Why do I have to race on tracks i know perfectly ?
There is no challenge...

So right now, I play online on same stock car races with real humans. No more carrer mode.

I may repeat myself in this ranting blunter but anyway: (order not based on importance)

1. LHD on GB cars and RHD on Italian cars (and others)

2. KM/H inside some US cars

3. Bias towards Japanese market

4. 1999 car list

5. 1999 engine sound

6. 1999 career mode

7. 1999 Kaz mentality

8. Shadows

9. Flickering trees with square holes in them

10. Not enough Goodwood challenges - I would make them 50 AT LEAST

11. No 2-3 hour endurance races (or 24h but not a big fan of those)

12. Can't enable mechanical damage in career

13. Can't choose between Normal/Fast/Super Fast tire/fuel wear in career.

14. Can't create personal grids in Arcade

15. Arcade sucks

16. AI is slow as 🤬 AND often ram into you or make you spin

17. Blurry tachos and speedos numbers in some premium cars interiors

18. Inconsistencies all over - one premium may look better than the other, same with interiors, lights , tracks

19. Grids in career with FXX in front and Lancer in the back - you're only racing the FXX

20. No grid starts

21. No practice in race menu

22. No test drive in dealership

23. Paying for colors

24. Oil change may add up to extra 50hp - apparently factory oil sucks 🤬

25. Winning with stock Land Rover against Nissan r33 on Spa.

26. Headlights pointing upwards - admire the hole in the trees :sly:

27. Difference between high beam and low beam ? You see more trees

28. Cars with seamless gearbox like merc SLR act as if they had a manual gearbox.

29. No top speed, braking, 0-400 tests.

30. Stoppies, rolling over your car during braking

31. Zero communication with community

Back