Things That Really Annoy You In GT6

• Thread starter WRECKU
  • 262 comments
In addition to the things listed here; lack of content... I feel like I'm flying through the game and will be left with morsels of future release content down the road.

After GT 5 2.0 (faster loading) I feel like I have all sorts of options to explore based on how I feel, all on one screen... Practice even made me feel like "free runs" were relevant.

Those that praise the GUI are nuts beyond the speed of it. A better design is to have every option on as few a screens (scrolling or otherwise) as possible. Then a simple menu to jump between sub screens and GT 6 does have that. It's just again PD "almost" getting things right, but not... Like the Improved running screen... But wtf happened to the PI adjusting on the fly?! Now its a guessing game with lots of button presses... 1 step forward, 2 steps back...

And all the window dressing in GT 5 was racing specific with an air of sophistication to it, and transitioned logically. What's with the animating sparkles?! Can I please have my custom wallpaper of the Nurburgring back? Or a means to add my own image?

The new tuning U.I. has been more of a hassle than ease. I don't even know if there's a default button, and I hate changing power limiter without seeing the change to PP "live" like it did in GT5.

I just have issues with cars having the wrong specifications S7 is still weight split improper as the 2004 car has a 40/60 split in this game and GT5 is 53/47 of something ridiculous and the car handles like a bar of soap. Then there are cars which we could change wheels in GT5 but somehow cannot in this game Cadillac Cien I'm looking at you. Then we have cars that can't take spoiler mods in the slightest, also the aerodynamics seem to forget about any car that is shorter than 5400mm these tiny cars get up to insane speeds like the Mira. Hope they dole out some fixes and fix that annoying inability to choose what you have displayed on the hud, you should have total control over that at least.

Doesn't really annoy me, but I dislike the fact that I can't use the green runoff strips next to curbs in the license tests and missions. I mean, they're designed to be driven on, why does it count as leaving the track if I use them? Very irritating.

I really want to buy a Formula GT but every career event has a limit of 750PP or less and the FGT is 880

It's hard to pay 2,000,000 for a show car.

GT6's rubberband AI is a bit frustrating.... especially from International A onwards

The top 3-4 disappear into the distance for the first 2-3 laps. But if you clear the rest and are behind them, barring any driving mistake, it's almost guaranteed that they will slow down and let you catch up, giving you about 1 lap to overtake them all. Then you start to see all sorts of bull**** as the AI starts to push you off track, pitbull you etc.. so many races I've ended winning with a margin of 0.3xx that it starts to feel like GT6 was dumbed down to produce a fake sense of achievement.

Let me know your experiences in this area or if I'm alone in this.

I couldn't agree more. First car in front of you in most races is there just to slow you down - the AI driver is slow and doesn't give way easily. The #3 car is almost always a linebacker / blocker with a Dale Earnheart senior attitude if "pass me and I'll put you into a wall" and the #1 & 2 cars DO slow down on the last lap.

Somebody tell Kaz and his merry band of game elves that dumbing down the AI and giving me an easy win is NOT improving the AI

Also and I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I liked the pain in the neck of the UCD and while it could be insanely frustrating it also added a level of satisfaction when you finally got that car you were waiting for.

I miss the UCD for the same reasons and I miss the UCD prices. It was nice to spend $18 k on a beater, change the oil and off you go. Now I have to spend 2x the money and the purchase just seems ho hum

Holy hell... I'm barrelling down one of the straight-aways at Spa in a half-built Scirocco and leading one of the European Tour races by like 35 seconds, and it hits me... I'm bored...

Single file starts, little competition from the AI, who's only new trick seems to be brake-checking other drivers. No UCD to constantly scout for weird little cars that only show up once in a blue moon... Winning every race by 30 seconds or more... This game is kind of boring...

And I'm such a big GT fan that now I'm bored AND sad...:(

(And seriously, where the heck did all the prize cars go? Kind of made winning events and series a little special... Oh, and they "got rid of the XP system," huh? No, you just turned them in to stupid little stars instead...)

Does anybody know how to drive/test a car (your own car moreover) without racking up miles and thus permanent wear/damage to the chassis? I find it very frustrating that ANY driving, even in arcade, or in an online lobby results in permanent mileage. This means that if some troll wants to have a bit of fun with an Audi RS 6, my car will end up as rigid as a sponge cake. I don't want to have to avoid any online room like this just because I'll end up have a screwed up car.

I like keeping my cars good as new. Not to mention, when setting a car up, I crash. A lot. I want a way to drive my cars without having to worry about any permanent damage I do. Partly this is an obsessive compulsive thing, but I'm sure there are others who find this annoying. What about those who've spent 20 mil on a 250 GTO only to be twatted off track by some pillock in a Veyron online? Or better yet by the game's rather pugilist AI?

- I've been "dive bombed" by the AI on Sarthe alot.
- Some of these cars look like they haven't been updated since gt3/gt4. The TVR Cerbera's head lights look like a polygon of some sort, not even a circle.
- Dem tire squeals.
-The sliders when tuning a car jump after holding it down for a few seconds. It's small but it can get annoying when tuning a transmission.

Last edited:
1. SRF forced on in license tests and time trials.
2. Gold way too easy in license tests.
3. Auto replay after every race with no option to turn it off.
4. "Real" names online instead of PSN ID's. Sucks to go into a room with all your friends and not know who is who.
5. Dimly lit weather/time change tracks. Nurb in this game is as if I am looking at it through a filter. I liked the bright sunny version in GT5 a lot more.

Some are duplicates on what has been said, but I’m seconding or thirding the motions…
Here’s my list so far off the top of my head. And I stress the “so far” and “top of my head” parts:
- 50,000 credit race suits and helmets
- rolling starts
- how that freakin no value added pointless cosmic blue ball thing is always growing and shrinking on my screen when I'm trying to browse the dealerships. I'd love to meet who sat in the boardroom and proposed that as a sensible idea
- personal music randomize function is a mess. It does not randomize
- personal music seems to freeze the game (at least it does for my console)
- it would take me playing 24hrs a day until I'm on my deathbed to be able to own even a fraction of the 20 million credit cars
- Claim of 1200 cars and considered in that # are identical versions of the cars but with different steering wheel locations (LHD / RHD)
- A bunch of minutely different versions of the same car
- the moon
- RUF’s are unusable due to inaccurate levels of oversteer and unpredictable handling
- stutter whenever my car crosses the finishline
- mandatory replay after race
- replays have taken steps backwards in general, and maybe I’m missing but in replay GT5 there was an angle where you could look up and across the driver and the passenger seat. Now there’s no way to see the interior detail other than head on towards the gauge cluster
- I can only select all or nothing for my on screen items during a race. Why can’t I decide only the items I want to see on screen?
- When selecting a colour for purchase on the car it’s too dark to gauge how it will look on track
- PP / power limiter does not adjust in realtime
- lack of prize cars, and lack of a reasonably scaled up credit reward for successfully winning a championship set of races
- maybe I’m missing, but if I want to turn my headlights on during a day race, why can’t I do this?
- drafting is way too pronounced (not a new problem, but still a problem)
- updates with no detail as to what has been updated

Been playing since launch day and i have a list of problems and bugs: 1) AI cars rear wheels lifting off the ground in the braking zone,2) AI slowing too much for the corners then speeding up to normal speed afterwards,3) game freezes for 1 second at the start and end of each and every race (crowd are still moving though). 4) Sound is still horrible, day one patch to fix sound? no to load dlc what an insult. 5) user playlist is broken, shuffle not working. 6) Some cars are fundamentally broken (rx7 FD, Merc SL etc. can't be driven without TC, I am well experienced in the GT series). 7) Willow springs is a horrible looking and driving track and car behavior is very inconsistent on this track. 8) Race suspension hard needs fixing for some cars. 9) bug at the peak of matterhorn like getting rammed by an invisible car. 10) No help with tuning. 11) Graphics and physics worse than GT5 (I feel GT5 was almost perfect, premium cars look worse now) 12) Major money grab! and pay to win! things ingame cost allot! the prize cars are the worst driving cars forcing more spend on them or them to be replaced, Turning into GT Call of duty, please dont! 13) Can't take screenshots in the replay! but sometimes I can wtf

Last edited:
I've had some weird AI experiences, whether id call them annoying is another thing, but it certainly deteriorates the quality of the game. For instance, I was doing one of the night races at Mt Panorama, down Conrod Straight you get a good idea of whether your car has legs vs the rest of the field, and lap one, mine didn't. I got passed by an orange 360Z. But I was clearly faster across the top of the mountain because I managed to get in front of him again right before Conrod Straight on lap 2. But this time I pulled out 6 car lengths! I fully expected to get passed by a car with a higher top speed, but no, he had a nice leisurely Sunday drive instead. It's like they just give up at some point.

Also, as had been pointed out after GT5 came out, the AI around Cape Ring is god awful. I can pull out nearly 20+ seconds in a couple of laps around there, when in other races against the same field I might only just win.

Also, as had been pointed out after GT5 came out, the AI around Cape Ring is god awful. I can pull out nearly 20+ seconds in a couple of laps around there, when in other races against the same field I might only just win.

Lemme guess; that 20+ second lead you get on cape ring is because of round loop no?:

gtacademy3.jpg

Check how the bots drive there, if they go so slow through that loop that each lap you make up 3-5 seconds, it's exactly the same as in GT5 :dopey:

I haven't had much time to play GT6 yet, but there's few annoying things in random order
- Sounds are rubbish, even with 5.1 hometheatre.
- Standard cars. They look better than in GT5, but I want to see dashboards too!
- I liked moon buggy missions, but I didn't like buggy having sound in space. Kaz! Remove sounds from space!
- Setup sheets are glitched and (for karting I've tested only) though there's a,b,c sheets, all adjustments effects on all as same.
- Continuous tyre noise. 80's Knight Rider was notorious about tyres squealing on grass, mud and midair, but even they would be jealous about gt6 tyres.
- no Neutral in gearstick for gamepad

Turning TC and ABS down for every car - would love to set my own defaults.

AI - I just LOL every time they do a wheelie.

And obviously engine sound - I noticed that very often cars sound quite good on low revs but highs revs are the typical vacuum high pitched disaster.

A ton of features that GT5 had are not in the game for some reason. (I guess they will supposedly be added later??)

Lack of any endurance races. IMO the 24 hour ones were silly but ones that took 2-4 hours to run were fine and a lot of fun.

AI is still horrible. Runs in to you constantly, spins you out etc. Extreme rubber banding.

Races still force you to careen past 15 other cars in 4 or 5 laps in order to win. Make the AI better and have qualifying or something.

Rolling starts where the leader is 1/2 a lap ahead before you even get control of your car.

The driving on the moon thing was pointless. I played it all of 15 mins (easily golded each one with 30+ sec to spare 1st try) and doubt I will ever go back to it.

Auto starting replays after every race is annoying.

No fast way to earn money (besides glitches). Multiple cars cost 20million and the fastest way to earn credits is to do the Like the Wind event at around 600k an hour. Making it take 33 hours to earn 1 car is a bit silly. Why include 1200+ cars if it will take 50 years of grinding to own 1/2 of them.

The two biggest issues for me are the horrible AI and the horrible sounds. Secondary issue... saying there is 1200 cars in the game, but quite a few are just copies with the steering wheel on the other side, or even just a different name for a different market. Found the Mazda 6 had this problem, along with a few others so far, beyond the myriad of Skylines and Miatas, yet they can't manage to find room for some of the other greats in lower tier automotive racing (1st gen RX-7 for example... I might be biased lol).

On the topic of AI, I think most people have summed it up. Between brake checking, braking extremely early in most cases, and rubber banding, the AI seems completely scripted with just enough autonomy to make them real annoying.

I'm not even going to get started on the engine sounds. Not one sounds completely realistic to my ears.

Secondary issue... saying there is 1200 cars in the game, but quite a few are just copies with the steering wheel on the other side, or even just a different name for a different market. Found the Mazda 6 had this problem, along with a few others so far, beyond the myriad of Skylines and Miatas, yet they can't manage to find room for some of the other greats in lower tier automotive racing (1st gen RX-7 for example... I might be biased lol).
GT2 had the 1st gen RX-7! And yes it would be better if they focused efforts on bringing out or back cars like this instead of a bunch of variants of the same thing.
Keeping with Mazda for a second... take for example the RX-8. It got a refresh and an R3 package back in 2009 but the pre-refresh is the only available bodystyle in the game.
There's so many great racecars through the IMSA prime, 70's and 80's from the North American racing scene that are overlooked could make the game so much greater than having 20 variants of a 90's Miata. I know from a workload and carcount perspective they'd end up being able to claim less than 1000 cars if they were to go that route, but do what's right for the fans and franchise instead of picking up a few extra customers along the way in using the 1000+ cars angle as marketing bait.
Even from a car shopping perspective it's annoying having to weed through all the "almost duplicates" to try and figure out what the differences are and why you're going to buy one over the other.

There are still GT4 carry-over models being used for GT6 'standards'. :odd:

And that there are standards, "no distinctions made between Premium and Standard cars" my 🤬

Other stuff I could probably just pass-over for now when I get to GT6 around Xmas, but when there are more people/players wanting a premium Supra RZ, while making due with the standard, than those who want that premium Toyota prius-replacement (w/e its called), a large portion of the fanbase continually feels neglected.

Don't believe me ?, look at how many people have wanted/asked for the BMW E30 M3, a large portion (and admittedly a greater role in motorsports than the RZ) - still ignored.

We asked for cars, instead we got stars. :irked:

Back