Things That Really Annoy You In GT6

• Thread starter WRECKU
  • 262 comments
For the addition of the suspension and a tad more bling/shine on the cars, they have stripped almost 70% off of GT5 feature. GT6 is is like Demo version of GT5

Hello, my bothers the absence of some supercars and from auto track, for example: Koenigsegg Agera, Ferrari f12, Gumpert Apollo, Ascari KZ1r ..... ferrari 458 gt3 and gt3 gallardo .....:banghead:

ps-Sorry for my English.

There are still GT4 carry-over models being used for GT6 'standards'. :odd:

And that there are standards, "no distinctions made between Premium and Standard cars" my 🤬

Other stuff I could probably just pass-over for now when I get to GT6 around Xmas, but when there are more people/players wanting a premium Supra RZ, while making due with the standard, than those who want that premium Toyota prius-replacement (w/e its called), a large portion of the fanbase continually feels neglected.

Don't believe me ?, look at how many people have wanted/asked for the BMW E30 M3, a large portion (and admittedly a greater role in motorsports than the RZ) - still ignored.

We asked for cars, instead we got stars. :irked:

This for the most part seems completely true. They continually skip over some of the great cars in motor racing and if this trend is to continue into future GT games, then I won't be buying again. I love the gameplay for the most part in GT6 and the physics engine feels "just right" to me finally. But the endless duplicates and negating of many North American, and even European based cars has got to end.

No 1/4 mile and top speed tests. Lack of all races. Painfully short career mode. Lack of challanges. Lack of interior on standard cars. I really hate the fact cars like the Integra R cant have the black carbon hood and how some cars dont allow body mods. Finally the horrible selection of wings/spoilers (the ones called generic}. I do love the game just some little issues.

I've said it a lot and I'll say it again. PD needs to fix the clutch/miss shifting. Us wheel users have been asking for a proper clutch/transmission for a LONG time. The game shouldn't force us into neutral to signify a miss shift.

I have a good one, I finished the iB final championship race and after I get past the iA license test, I got a silver trophy today on 12/15/2013 that I earned the short ending movie for GRAN TURISMO 6. I looked everywhere, even the options menu and the gallery section of my home, and I really COULD NOT find the short ending movie. I am asking for any feedback to any problems relating to this. Give me suggestions, I really appreciate it.

- it would take me playing 24hrs a day until I'm on my deathbed to be able to own even a fraction of the 20 million credit cars
- RUF’s are unusable due to inaccurate levels of oversteer and unpredictable handling

- lack of prize cars, and lack of a reasonably scaled up credit reward for successfully winning a championship set of races

- maybe I’m missing, but if I want to turn my headlights on during a day race, why can’t I do this?

I've been hollering about the race payouts and GT economy since I first fired it up for just the reason you stated! The payouts seem weighted to drive people to the microtransactions and spend even more real life dollars for B.S. game credits. Either the race payouts need to increase like they did in GT 5 or the ridiculous price of some of the cars needs to come down to reasonable levels and microtransactions MUST end.

I love tuned RUFs in GT5 otherwise they are un-drivable. Looks like things haven't changed in GT6. Why people still want Porsche in the game I don't know; PD can't get the RUFs right, what makes anybody think they will get factory Porches right?

Yea why can't we turn on the headlights when we want to? It's not like it's going to drain the cars battery or something.

The game not saving between races in championships. Was on the 5th (final) race of a championship and my power jumped, when I re-booted PS3 there was no progress saved and I had to redo all five races again...

Exhaust note changing between tracks ON THE SAME CAR. Purchased a '65 GT350, it sounded good (for once) at the new Willow Springs track. Did the next race at Laguna Seca and I swear PD did an engine swap during the load screen. The car sounded completely different (and rubbish) on the 2nd track.

MR cars handling. I know these cars need to be driven differently but the amount of exit oversteer and lack of stability around medium to fast corners is nothing short of horrific. Furthermore not all MR cars handle like dogs, sure some like the Statos will be a handful but not everything MR.

The garbage car sounds which are painful to listen to. And a game-ruiner.

Also, some essential, crucial wheels are missing from the selection of wheels. No CCWs - namely CCW Classics. No Nismo LM GT4s. Those are the ONLY wheels you put on a freakin' Skyline GTR. Owners caught fitting any other set of wheels on their GTRs should be thrown in jail. What a FAIL.

I have a good one, I finished the iB final championship race and after I get past the iA license test, I got a silver trophy today on 12/15/2013 that I earned the short ending movie for GRAN TURISMO 6. I looked everywhere, even the options menu and the gallery section of my home, and I really COULD NOT find the short ending movie. I am asking for any feedback to any problems relating to this. Give me suggestions, I really appreciate it.

Same thing happened to me. I got the trophy after IB but the ending movie doesn't actually unlock until you beat IA.

ai cars pushing me off, just got hit from behind on final corner and FLIPPED! lost 1st to finish 6th.
Revenge on ai isn't so rewarding either..

Nearly had my first rage quit with the AI today during the IA 15 minute race at Apricot Hill. First two attempts, after making my way through the field (Including a couple of very unsubtle PIT attempts from a few of the cars I was passing) I got punted off by the AI on the final lap of each race and had to settle for second. Third attempt I got to about lap 10 and got successfully PIT'ed by another AI controlled racer - then hit three times by other cars after as I tried to recover.

Finally got it on the fourth - after having the second place car rubber banding and smashing into me along the final three corners of the final lap. Won by 0.032 or something along those lines.

Been said before - but I think the Ai needs a bit of patching. :-/

Agree with most of the above. Drafting at SSX is fun and makes sense at 400km/h, but at fuji on the straight its insane, seems extremely exaggerated.

Some of my cars have pop up headlights, somehow is incredibly annoying that they wont stay up. its so simple & so unrealistic.

The latest model RUF handles like a dream with fully adjustable suspension.

Drafting or slipstream. Really wished they would bring back disable collision in online lobbies. If I wanted to draft like this I would buy a nascar 2014 or something

Really hinders me when I'm tuning a car & to have a noob just drafting me to get the win

respectfully disagree :) drafting is huge irl, draft with a motorcycle or even bicycle and see how much faster it is.. amazing. Don't mean to troll though
Take the time to watch a real race at Bathurst. No car coming down Conrad ( using the draft or slipstream from the car in front) passes the car in front halfway and gets 3 to 4 car lengths in front of the car they just passed. It takes the full length of the straight to complete a move like that. Sorry it is a game they should stop using the simulate tag.

Drafting takes place in every single form of racing on earth. In GT, they just need to tone it down slightly. That doesn't mean that drafting is nonexistent in real life though.

[quoEnemem, post: 9146436, member: 214481"]So are you tuning or racing? :P[/quote]
Both actually. I would love to have disable collision on so then I can tune as races go. Really hate to leave people behind to only hv them slipstream me to catch up. Wouldn't even be close if drafting was enabled

While I had some pleasant surprises with some cars - like both MP4 and F1 sound very good, SLS, Trans Am, Vipers..but the FXX :ouch:

I really hope they patch that. As of now it's a simple generic sample. 👎

Also top speed of cars AND gearing is completely off - often copy/pasted from GT4 GT PSP!!!

One example I remember clearly is the Enzo - it have the same wrong gearing and top speed!!!

First of all - with stock gearbox you hit the limiter at 350km/h.

Secondly if you install a custom gearbox you can reach 400km/h+ ...yup that's some attention to "detail" right there...

For the record :

Last edited:
The new players online who put RS tires on everything (like <500pp cars), and still complain that every car is "impossible to drive", while they use competent players as ancillary brakes.

RA not working, I've wasted a lot of time going into a race, getting out of the pit, realizing I forgot to turn aids off for that car, quitting, turning off aids, and then re-doing the whole thing again.

Here are some of my early annoyances:

In the early stages of the career it's way to easy to take a car that is too powerful into the race and win easily. If you are within 50 PP of The PP restrictions for the race you are most likely going to smoke the field. They need a way for you to see the PP levels of the opponents so you can pick an appropriate car. Ideally the game would select opponents based on the car you bring. As it stands it's a mess. The description of the race may say something like 500 PP but the restrictions are probably 550 or less and the the AI is something different.

For the love of God give me an option to select default global settings for traction control and ABS.

For the love of God give me an option to skip the replay at the end of the race.

What happened to the replay playback controls? Using my wheel controller I can't do anything except zoom in and change camera.

The FFB feels nearly identical to GT5. Curb forces do cut out occasionally but seem to be there most of the time. I wish they would model a loss of front grip force so I could better feel that happening. Of course I'm using a Fanatec wheel so my FFB is generic anyway. I wish I knew how much better a T500 was. Some cars feel completely lifeless like the Megane touring car and Ford Focus but others like the X-Bow and Ford GT40 are a serious handful. An option to tweak deadzones and sensitivity would be nice.

Why on earth does the comfort soft tire squeal like a pig in even the slightest turn? The tire squeal makes you feel like you are just sliding around all over the place.

Why can't I change a cars setup to match the races restrictions from the change car option at the race entry screen? The game encourages you to lower power settings and change tires to fit your high powered car into lower tiered races but you need to back out to your garage to do it.

I do like the upgrades to some of the standard cars, and the standard cockpit isn't too bad but I still wish there was an easy way to make sure I'm buying premium cars. So far the "does the car have a gallery" trick works pretty well (except for the BMW M4 which has a standard cockpit and gallery).

When buying cars in the dealership we need an option to sort the entire collection buy PP, aspiration, bHP, year, etc. finding a car to fit a specific restriction is a huge pain.

Coffee break cone challenges are stupid.

Goodwood festival is fun but why do we only get 1 mile of the hill climb? Where is the rest of the track?

I can't stand the rolling start race structure. It feels more like a mission challenge and not like a real race. Why can't we have some double file starts and standing starts?

In many ways this feels like a stripped down GT5. I hope some of the flexibility we had in the previous game get put back in.

Back