Things you DON´T WANT to see in GT6.

If we are going for realism, Are you saying we should pay insurance on all the cars we buy?

lol i wonder what an 2011 Red bull prototype quote would be.:ill:

In that case, why don't we say every time you get punted off the track online you have to exchange information? GT isn't street driving.

B-Spec as implemented in GT5, I don’t want to hear a breath of it. B-Spec as implemented in GT4 is fine, welcoming actually.

Forza's Leveling-Up System is not implemented in the way Gran Turismo's is. Whereas Gran Turismo's Leveling-Up System acts as the gateway to unlocking further components of the game, Forza's leveling-up system does not in any way impede one's ability to purchase cars or enter any events or races.

I'm basing mine off of Forza 3's leveling up system, which indeed locked you out of events. For example, you had to be a level 20 to unlock some events and endurance races. They changed all of that with Forza 4

What do i not want in GT6?

- Unrealistic car sounds (i sometimes play Forza just so i can hear what a Countach and high power V8 should sound like).
- CONSTANT ROLLING STARTS. Takes the added difficulty out of a race by not letting you take off from a standstill.
- Any sort of AI 'catchups/slowdowns'. If you spin out and fall way behind, then you better hope your car is a better performing one than the AI's, and that you have the skills to control it.
- The GT5 and GT4 version of the Polyphony Digital Cup. Bring back GT3's version (30 min races, NO 'cheating' AI, no modifications allowed). Was an awesome way to compare bone stock cars to each other. Can i really beat the RUF with my wee S2000? etc etc.

And more stuff (but not much) that i can't think of.

Now, i'm feeling a bit hungry, so time for some biting;

Nomnomnom. ;) :D

Unnecessary Skyline like the GTS-T R32 R33 etc. :)
How on earth can a car be 'unnecessary'? Unless there was visually, and performance wise NO difference between two cars, including the name.

They should be including more non-GT-R Skylines, like the R32 GTS, GTS-4, R33 GTS-25t and so on.

High expectations followed by crushing disappointment. But i expect this is on the top of PD's lists of common Gran Turismo features to carry over.
Bit obvious, but the thing to do is not get such high expectations. ;)

Bad Smoke effects
They are some of the best smoke effects i've seen in the numerous driving games i've played. Especially how it drifts away with the wind. 👍

I don't want that same tire screech
They seem to change it with each/most new game releases i think, so there's a chance it won't be the same.

Drifting cars. It just isn't real racing!
Gran Turismo is a driving simulator, not a racing simulator. ;) Therefore, rally, drifting, autocross, drag racing and so on all have a place in the game/series.

- Open Game saves. They need to be locked like when GT5 was first released or credits and car collections will be pretty much useless.
So you'd rather lose absolutely everything when your PS3 gets the Yellow Light Of Death? Copy-protected games don't get backed up...

I've had two YLOD PS3's so far, and if it wasn't for my backup HDD having a copy of my GT5 save then i would have had to start all over again. Like my wife has to for Skate 1 and Skate 2.

Who wants to buy a car 7 times to get each version of it?
Me. Depending on the car of course, like Skylines. ;)

-Duplicates: I don't need 20+ identical cars. For example, all of the skylines. I don't need a GTR R34 M-Spec and M-spec Nur. Does that make sense to have the same car twice or more. Do NOT car pad with duplicates in GT6.
Why not? It's likely not taking barely any development time away from making other cars since it could just be a 'copy/paste/rename/respec' job.

If you and everyone else don't like the seventy billion Skylines, don't drive/buy them. Can't get much more simple than that! :dunce:

Really annoys me seeing so many people in this topic wanting LESS cars in a game. Do you people also get really annoyed when you go to the supermarket with mummy and daddy and find thousands of different products there, when you only went there to get a couple of things like your Spongebob Squarepants cereal and Bob The Builder biscuits?

Instead of complaining about variations of cars, try complain more about there not being enough OTHER cars.

Feel like i'm wasting my keyboard away with these comments, as the replies after this will no doubt testify to. :indiff:

- CONSTANT ROLLING STARTS. Takes the added difficulty out of a race by not letting you take off from a standstill.
Sometimes, I actually think the race is made more difficult (for the worse) because of rolling starts. Because of this, the cars are dispersed even more than they should be. For some races, the leader AI is already at the third corner while I'm still stuck waiting for the go.

PD can't do rolling starts correctly.

Really annoys me seeing so many people in this topic wanting LESS cars in a game.

If the cars will be all premium, then it´s o.k. for me to get less of them.
For me it´s always quality over quantity!

What I won´t like to see?

1. Standards! It´s the most frustrating thing for me to have these cars in the game!

2. No Porsches.

3. Mostly japanese cars in billions of variants!

3. No livery editor. It´s so much fun in Forza 4 to rebuild the exact car from a tuning magazine.

4. Paint chips! Absurd to pay for a colour!

5. B-spec. Waste of time for me!

6. To reach a higher level before I can buy a car. If I have the money, I will buy the car.

7. Poor sounding engines!

8. Rolling starts by default. Let´s choose the customer if he wants a rolling or a standing start.

Last edited:
Because copy-paste jobs, especially the lazier ones like the Miatas, detract from the quality of the game by showing just how little effort PD puts into portions of their car roster all in the pursuit of magic marketing numbers. If there are performance differences between variations (such as how there generally, but not always, are for the Skyline models), then model those differences and explain what those differences are in game. GT1 did this. GT2 did this. Even GT3 did to a certain (though sadly much lower) extent. GT4 and GT5 did not, and if PD wants to make GT6 a trim level extravaganza like GT5 was they need to go back to their old ways and make sure those differences are actually in the game if they are in real life rather than just changing the badges and text string and copying all of the specifications from one to the other.
And if there aren't performance differences, then leave the car out when it comes to counting the totals, because it doesn't warrant PD pretending that it is a different model. Particularly not when some of the cars, like the wheel packages or the color packages, are completely moot in a game that allows you to change wheels and paint jobs anyway; and ideally should be designed in a system like in Test Drive Unlimited if they are to be implemented at all.

If you and everyone else don't like the seventy billion Skylines, don't drive/buy them. Can't get much more simple than that!
If GT6 features a UCD, than any arguments about how it only effects you if you buy/drive them are moot. The first time you loaded up the UCD in GT5 and saw wall-to-wall 350z, Miatas and/or S2000s instead of unique cars you might be looking for should have made that obvious by now. To say nothing about how incredibly misleading it is to preach quantity and take such massive shortcuts to actually reach it.

Last edited:
Because copy-paste jobs, especially the lazier ones like the Miatas, detract from the quality of the game by showing just how little effort PD puts into portions of their car roster all in the pursuit of magic marketing numbers. If there are performance differences between variations (such as how there generally, but not always, are for the Skyline models), then model those differences and explain what those differences are in game.

👍

DeeJay574
If the cars will be all premium, then it´s o.k. for me to get less of them.
For me it´s always quality over quantity!

What I won´t like to see?

1. Standards! It´s the most frustrating thing for me to have these cars in the game!

2. No Porsches.

3. Mostly japanese cars in billions of variants!

3. No livery editor. It´s so much fun in Forza 4 to rebuild the exact car from a tuning magazine.

4. Paint chips! Absurd to pay for a colour!

5. B-spec. Waste of time for me!

6. To reach a higher level before I can buy a car. If I have the money, I will buy the car.

7. Poor sounding engines!

8. Rolling starts by default. Let´s choose the customer if he wants a rolling or a standing start.

Exactly!

The things I don't want to see in GT6 is:

X2010/11/12 etc etc.
B-spec (any B-spec).
Standard cars.
9 hr Tsukuba.
Motorcycles, Trucks etc.
100 versions of each car.

-A lot of versions of each car. I know, the 40 Skylines aren't the same, but some are veeeery simmilar.
-An almost mandatory B-Spec, I want it more like in GT4!
-Standars cars.
-Experience
-Rolling stars, I HATE rolling stars.

No more dumb cars like the Kubelwagen, Schwimmwagen, Samba Bus, etc., which are infuriatingly slow without a turbo kit and have the most exaggerated turbo lag with a turbo kit. If you're gonna include them, at least allow us to perform engine swaps on them (anyone up for swapping the Samba Bus's engine out for a Subaru engine?)

Things I DO NOT want to see in GT6

• X2010
  • X2011
  • Level System/EXP that is used to advance in the game or buy cars. Having levels/EXP is only OK if it is for showing others your level of experience/skill and thats it.
  • Challenges that ask us not just to beat a real driver's time but to crush it (S. Vettel Challenge)
  • Loads of Elevator/Jazz music
  • 60%+ cars are Japanese. Ideally I want to see cars split 45% Japanese, 40% European, 15% American.
  • More then one car per generation (Example 2 or more C5 Corvettes)
  • Randomly appearing used cars. Keep them used but make them all available all the time
  • 20 million Credit Limit
  • Wheelie Cheats
  • Rally tracks - Why waste time modeling them, they should all be randomly generated

Or simply make a restriction to the x cars:sly:

-Rolling stars, I HATE rolling stars.
I have a feeling that PD uses rolling starts more often than standing starts for two reasons. One, because of the lack of launch control on some cars, and two, because of the lack of torque steer, allowing you to accelerate without any problems.

-No generated rally tracks, all random
-ASpec/BSpec combined, not seperate
-More cars on track
-No development time wasted on interior view
-No standard cars

Bad behavior online haha like that will ever stop

If they rate the game A it might.
And what do I not want in GT6? Grid girls.
What do I not want in GT6 that is in GT5? Separate physics for offline and online. Other than that, I thought that there was nothing really wrong in GT5.

All cars with a premium model base not using the premium. There is no reason the Midnight Purple R34 Skyline cannot use the premium model, same with the R-Tune and whatever else there is since knowing what I do about 3d modeling it's just a matter of adjusting and slapping the texture over the model. Also I don't want to see high powered FR/MR cars trying to race around Mt. Aso with such sudden and ridiculously unrealistic turns. Furthermore I want to see that in the seasonals that the pole position car is not situated a full thirty seconds ahead of you if you only have 3 laps which ultimately forces you to ditch using your favorite/preferable car and forces you to use a car you don't like. Also putting one-make cars and concept cars ( Nissan R390 Road Car etc etc ) into their own categories to level the playing field in the bi-weekly time trials.

A lack of offline events is something that has to go, bring back manufacturer challenges/one make challenges and or perhaps introduce an event randomizer.

Because copy-paste jobs, especially the lazier ones like the Miatas, detract from the quality of the game by showing just how little effort PD puts into portions of their car roster all in the pursuit of magic marketing numbers.

While i can see your points and understand where you're coming from - to me personally i don't mind that much about them being literal copy & pastes. Although no R32 GT-R's have N1 headlights i don't think (a.k.a non bugeye), so thats something thats missing that wasn't in previous GT games.

Last edited:
Don't want ANY red bull prototypes. Sure it's a feat of engineering, but there's no need for it in the game. Offline it's like a cheat/hack and online it's like the ultimate troll car. Ever been in a drift lobby and someone is lapping the x2010? Ruins the whole thing

I have a feeling that PD uses rolling starts more often than standing starts for two reasons. One, because of the lack of launch control on some cars, and two, because of the lack of torque steer, allowing you to accelerate without any problems.

But why that kind of rolling stars? For example, Suzuka 1000km uses a "doble row rolling star", I think it's better than the single raw rolling star with 164684km between cars.

Don't want ANY red bull prototypes. Sure it's a feat of engineering, but there's no need for it in the game. Offline it's like a cheat/hack and online it's like the ultimate troll car. Ever been in a drift lobby and someone is lapping the x2010? Ruins the whole thing

With restrictions just like the Ferrari F1s it would be nice:sly:

Back