Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
  • 386,158 views
Unless GT5 is NOT going to be playable online, then IMO, I dont think there is much need for smart or competitive AI, and if we need to beat the AI to win some cars to go racing with then maybe the slower the AI the better :p

Unlike some I don't lust over online and even if GT5 has online most of my playing will be offline anyway, so AI is still important to players like myself.
 
Unless GT5 is NOT going to be playable online, then IMO, I dont think there is much need for smart or competitive AI, and if we need to beat the AI to win some cars to go racing with then maybe the slower the AI the better :p

The only way I want damage in GT5 is if when you finish the race the car is automatically restored to brand new condition without cost (like in F1 games). It would be a bit frustrating to have to pay big money to repair your car after every crash you had at the 'ring for example. Im sure that has already been said but thought it was worth saying again 👍

I agree with Viper about making a quality offline game. 👍
However, there's room for both.

And about Damage... There's no way they will let us get away with "no cost" racing. On top of that, I don't trust players just as much as I don't try the AI. :ouch: At least I can predict the AI. :p
When Online starts costing people online it could be the death of damage in GT.
My guess, damage on and damage off. 👍
It's going to mimic forza with difficulty paying Credits. 👍

I can only hope. :bowdown:
Online, offline, damage, bodymods? Sound like a big bill, oh wait, that's for the PS3. :ouch:
 
How about actually SEEING SOME NOS?! In 2 of the 3 views you can only hear it, i mean....WHATS THE POINT OF THAT?!
Drifting tracks (for the more skilled players?)
Cars with Horns
Realistic Weather (changes throughout the day)
Not pure racing cars, some street cars
MORE Tune Ups! Damned engine upgrades, SO WHAT?! Nobody likes a car thats lowered, has a wing and nice rims! IT NEEDS BODYKITS, EXHAUSTS, PEARLESCENT PAINTS, HOODS, LIGHTS!
Heck yes with the damage!
Damn with the licenses to race in some races, its the racer's fault for losing!(most likely they will if they have no skill with racing lines)
Lastly, Tiny things about the cars that you normally don't see. i.e. Interior, Neon, realistic smoke for burnouts, PROPER DRIFTING (you're always turning left to drift on that left turn! You're supposed to be turning right to drift that left turn! Too many things going on that should be merged to a SUPER RACING GAME!
A Mix of Gran Turismo 4 (and/or 5, if there is/will be) and NFSU (Need4Speed)
 
How about actually SEEING SOME NOS?! In 2 of the 3 views you can only hear it, i mean....WHATS THE POINT OF THAT?!
Drifting tracks (for the more skilled players?)
Cars with Horns
Realistic Weather (changes throughout the day)
Not pure racing cars, some street cars
MORE Tune Ups! Damned engine upgrades, SO WHAT?! Nobody likes a car thats lowered, has a wing and nice rims! IT NEEDS BODYKITS, EXHAUSTS, PEARLESCENT PAINTS, HOODS, LIGHTS!
Heck yes with the damage!
Damn with the licenses to race in some races, its the racer's fault for losing!(most likely they will if they have no skill with racing lines)
Lastly, Tiny things about the cars that you normally don't see. i.e. Interior, Neon, realistic smoke for burnouts, PROPER DRIFTING (you're always turning left to drift on that left turn! You're supposed to be turning right to drift that left turn! Too many things going on that should be merged to a SUPER RACING GAME!
A Mix of Gran Turismo 4 (and/or 5, if there is/will be) and NFSU (Need4Speed)
Most people here will greatly disagree with wht you've said. Most of that stuff is for NFS, (which is why you should stick to that game) and Neons especially have absolutely no performance, just looks, that I find ugly anyway. Bodykits: only if it increases downforce, or reduces drag. Pearlescent paint: There already is some, but as long as lime green doesn't come with every car. Not sure what you mean by lights though, the cars do have lights already you know. Nos was a bad idea from the start. Maybe for drag or something, but no pro race drivers use it. In conclusion, most of your ideas (besides the ones I can't figure out) have been asked already, and turned down by most everyone else.
 
How about actually SEEING SOME NOS?! In 2 of the 3 views you can only hear it, i mean....WHATS THE POINT OF THAT?!
Drifting tracks (for the more skilled players?)
Cars with Horns
Realistic Weather (changes throughout the day)
Not pure racing cars, some street cars
MORE Tune Ups! Damned engine upgrades, SO WHAT?! Nobody likes a car thats lowered, has a wing and nice rims! IT NEEDS BODYKITS, EXHAUSTS, PEARLESCENT PAINTS, HOODS, LIGHTS!
Heck yes with the damage!
Damn with the licenses to race in some races, its the racer's fault for losing!(most likely they will if they have no skill with racing lines)
Lastly, Tiny things about the cars that you normally don't see. i.e. Interior, Neon, realistic smoke for burnouts, PROPER DRIFTING (you're always turning left to drift on that left turn! You're supposed to be turning right to drift that left turn! Too many things going on that should be merged to a SUPER RACING GAME!
A Mix of Gran Turismo 4 (and/or 5, if there is/will be) and NFSU (Need4Speed)

All that talk of skill... I think you need to check out the WRS. 👍
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117

That is, if you can keep up and prove it too. :trouble: ;)
 
Hmm, lots of things including better AI, some degree of damage, real rallies and real-life races, and realistic physics. Well, more realistic everything. Compatibility with force-feedback, H-shifters, and clutches. Weather effects, like falling rain on all tracks; including mid-race weather changes, a weather forcast screen in the pre-race menu, and wet tires. Day-night-day in endurance races. Multiple classes in endurance races.

I could go on for hours about what I want in GT5
 
Hmm, lots of things including better AI, some degree of damage, real rallies and real-life races, and realistic physics. Well, more realistic everything. Compatibility with force-feedback, H-shifters, and clutches. Weather effects, like falling rain on all tracks; including mid-race weather changes, a weather forcast screen in the pre-race menu, and wet tires. Day-night-day in endurance races. Multiple classes in endurance races.

I could go on for hours about what I want in GT5

Firstly to Kent - thanks for the rep.

There's some good stuff in here - I like the idea of being compatible with a H-pattern gear-shifter. It would be quite interesting to see people driving like that - but then does that mean you add clutch control as well? Imagine missing a gear (like IRL) during the start of a long race, and then having to fight your way back up to make up for the time you lost...

I think the argument about nitrous, and the argument about cosmetic mods (neons, lights, bodykits, etc) are going to go on for a long time, because regardless of the 'function' of each mod, these things really are based on personal preference. There will be people out there who want neons and spinners etc. Safe to say they wouldn't be top priority on my list of mods, but that's me. So who does PD cater for? Do they include these things or not? How much bigger (in terms of data) will these things make the game?

Nitrous has its place - mainly in drag racing. Usually it is banned in all forms of circuit/off-road racing, so if GT was to retain reality, it would make sense to only allow nitrous to be used in events where it is legal, as well as in free run/time trial.

In GT4 I can take a car loaded with nitrous (and twice the HP of the competition) out in a race, get out in front and then blast the opposition to oblivion with my 'fully sik nawz'! Not exactly fair... and in real life, not legal either. I think if GT continues to have class races, then they need to restrict them as is done IRL. In future GT games I'd love to see homologated racing championships, such as the Japanese GT300 and GT500 championships, and others like we saw in GT4 - except with homologated restrictions (like the HP restrictions in GT2).

As for 'visualising' nitrous, ??? If you're talking about Need for Speed/Fast & Furious effects, that's crap. Many of us have driven cars with nitrous, and everybody will tell you that it's not realistic. Pretty much, what you see in GT4 when you hit the 'go fast' button is what really happens. There's no blurring or colour shifting like the movies... the car just accelerates harder, goes faster, and you get a bigger kick in the back.

If you're talking about nitrous spray, well, it's not something many of us are interested in, and judging by the orientation of previous GT games, I daresay it's probably not at the top of their list for putting in the game.

The other thing people need to be aware of is legality - I don't think PD are going to include things that are 'illegal'. Driving with neons on is illegal in most places, if I'm correct. Same with different coloured headlights and such.

By stereotype, a lot of these kind of mods are associated with 'ricers' and illegal street racing, and realistically are mainly used by these 'groups'. You don't see many genuine racing teams using the bling bling described here, nor do you see it in the 'touring' scene - the two marques that GT seems to lean towards. With that in mind, I don't think it's something we'll see in GT anytime soon.
 
Three (And a half!) things come to mind right now, and are fairly far fetched. Here goes:

1. Engine damage. I think it would be cool to have to deal with car reliability, having an engine blow, or have something break so you have to pit it to be fixed. Maybe component damages could occur as well. GT4 has chassis damage, why not more?

2. Real weather changes. IF there is weather changing in GT5, i want transitions to be realistic. I don't want all of the track to dry out at once, It would be cool to have dry lines. Have the racing line dry out faster than the rest of the track. (passing nightmare). It should also take longer for some parts of the track longer to dry. ie. While the track is bone dry at the top of the hill, the valley in the shade is soaked. 2.5 Then, we could have wet/inter/dry tires, and have to play with them to get the right tires.

3. Online GT mode. IF GT5 has an online feature, I thought it would be cool if the GT mode was online. While some races would be AI only, maybe we could enter a race that is a combo comp/human or all human race. Then there could be racing leagues and teams. Basically what this would be is your GT mode is connected with all others, and you can choose between human and AI opponents. With this, though, the possibilities are endless (injuries, getting fired ect.)

These are pretty radical, and it would be no suprise it they did not make it to the game. They would just make it more realistic and probably more difficult/frustrating. I would like to have the same problems as the greatest dirvers, though.
 
None retarded AI of course, Im sick of them cuttin me off in the rally races when i gotto pass, and give me a fat penalty (smokey mountains reverse, hard, that ford....)

And then tire marks, ACTUAL HEAD LIGHT BEAMS, thats sad that NFS has had the actual beams on the tracks for years, and GT still only has the lame reflection on the road.

The ability to pull wheelies, I cant believe my 9 second camaro launches as flat as a ruler.

More cars, paint matched spoilers. The ability to repaint a car once its bought.

Hmm, weather, I was thinking that today. And better collision physics. Ever notice that often times theres a good 1/2 foot gap between cars when they 'collide'?
 
A more complex career status would be great.
Here is a example:

Name:

%:

Licenses:
Beginner
B-1: Gold [00:15:236]
B-2: Silver [01:23:845]
...
...


Win/Lose: [100/50][50%]

Total laps: 128734934

========Track Records=========
Track: Nurburgring
Win/Lose: [100/50][50%]
Laps: 549

--------Records by Weather--------
Dry
Best Lap: 7:07:849
Car: Skyline GT-R R32...

Rain
Best Lap: 7:98:135
Car: Skyline GT-R R32...

Night
Best Lap: 7:12:456
Car: Skyline GT-R R32...


--------Records by Car--------

Name: Skyline GT-R R32...
Best Lap: 7:07:849

Name: Shelby Cobra...
Best Lap: 6:50:746
===========================

=========Car Records=========

Name: Shelby Cobra...
Track:Nurburgring
Best Lap: 6:50:746

Track: Tsukuba
Best Lap: 1:11:587

===========================

Of course all this information isn’t going to be in a single page but in multiple pages and with filters.
 
This is a great thread, but it should be more organized, there are lots of repetitions of "damage" or "paintshop" or "weather and time". How about someone gets all of the things mentioned that are actually feasable, and creates a list of them.
 
i think need for speed and gran turismo will (and should be) separate games at least for now (maybe we will get some ultimate driving/ racing game on the ps4 x1080) gran turismo is all about funtction, anything that doesnt add performance
(other than sponsor decals and different colors) probably wont be included, we may see performance body kits and maybe even wide body kits (wider tires you know). i love nfsu and gt both, but i think customizing the performance and color/decals of your car will be enough for gt and nfs can keep the street racing image
 
81 pages, yeh, lol, no one is up to that tasks. This thread if for personal opinions, if its repeated, then its something that needs changing. Hopefuly PD checks this site out.
 
The power of the PS3 is going to open up a lot of possibilities, especially if Kaz and the lads design Gran Turismo 5 around a comprehensive online concept.

I don't expect any Need For Spew stuff, so I'm not worried about neons or spinners showing up. Drifting, yes, they even had drift listed in the online component of GT HD. What excites me about the possibilities of GT5 online are the things like the Race Event Builder. It sounds as if Kaz is thinking of a virtual racing world that I've been gently begging for.

By the time GT5 ships, the online PS3 world should be alive, kicking and low lag. Resistance is already running well online. So with GT5, I'm hoping to see a world open up that looks like the world of racing as we have it now. The year long schedule is planned out, the racers are ready and geared to go, and all that's left to do is start their engines. What this would mean are lots of servers listed with entire classes of races, from beginners, through serious SCCA type intermediaries to the full blown Touring Car, LeMans, World Rally, Super GT, Formula 1 or what have you. With up to 20 racers on a server (hopefully), they might be set up for a minimum number to join, say 12, and a time limit to join before you have to do last minute tuning or whatever before race start. Maybe the empty slots are filled with bots.

Someone mentioned wanting to see an online component to GT Mode, and that would be interesting. I'm not sure that's viable or fair, because a few good racers could dominate and keep you from advancing, but it is something to consider. One thing that would make it awkward to implement is that offline, you just work your way through the game at your leisure. You pick a race and it's immediately ready for you. Online, you have to hope a server will be ready when you want to race, with a slot open for you. If Sony can have a whole ton of servers available, or if individual PS3s can host races, that would make this idea entirely viable. Then you just have to hope you have your stuff together.

Personally I'd rather see the online component handled as its own little universe, so that you progress through GT5 offline. I'd much rather see the online world be a realm where people create not just clans and clubs, but entire racing leagues. I'd imagine that Polyphony/Sony would host a couple dozen leagues itself. But I'd hope that saavy individuals would be able to design racing leagues with appropriate rules and restrictions for all classes of racing, so that whatever kind of car and range of performance, you could find a league in which you could prosper. They could even design league logos and decals you could slap on your car. Artists in the group could help you design a dashing paint job and decal layout to identify you with style. In this environment, GT Mode offline would be there to help you sharpen your skills so you could make a good showing in the online leagues you were a member of. Results of races would place you on leaderboards, and those skilled in racing and tuning could help better your skills to further your "career." What the rewards would be, I don't know. Undoubtedly credits, perhaps virtual trophies, perhaps sponsorships with associated income, discounts on upgrades and decals to place on your car. Perhaps the league owners will create prize cars for the top three in the league. Anything is possible, and I expect that Kaz is thinking of things like a flexible reward system with user-defined elements to it. At least I hope he is.

I do have high hopes that Kaz-sama gives us a Career Mode something like what I've been asking for. I want GT5 offline to be my ground start, where I have just enough money to buy a single cool spirts car, mod it up a bit, and carve my name in a few trophies. Then when I have a garage with a few very special cars in different classes I choose to race in, customized and painted myself, with my own name, car number and sponsors' decals, I can head off to GT Online to make a name on leaderboards around the world. Of course in my case, I'll probably be in C Class again. :p
 
With the ever increasing amount of historic vehicles that the GT series is including in every new version, i'd like to see PD implimenting some suitable tyres for the older cars too. The tyre options that GT4 gave us - normal road tyres, semi race (road legal trackday type) tyres and full on racing slicks all seem to be geared towards modern cars. This is fine for the more recent cars, but older cars generally don't use modern tyres - especially in competition. I realised this was an issue when i tried to get a fully modified Alfa 1600 GTA handling like a racing GTA would feel. The N3 tyres were closest to the Dunlop CR65's that the car would naturally run with, they felt almost 'right' but didn't offer the grip levels they should. The S1 tyres gripped better (perhaps a bit too well) but didn't 'feel' correct at all. If PD want to increase levels of realism then giving us the option of correct period tyres for the older cars would be a step in the right direction IMO.
 
How about teams for online races. You and a couple other racers can choose to form a team and race in online races (or even championships!) with team points.
 
With the ever increasing amount of historic vehicles that the GT series is including in every new version, i'd like to see PD implimenting some suitable tyres for the older cars too. The tyre options that GT4 gave us - normal road tyres, semi race (road legal trackday type) tyres and full on racing slicks all seem to be geared towards modern cars. This is fine for the more recent cars, but older cars generally don't use modern tyres - especially in competition. I realised this was an issue when i tried to get a fully modified Alfa 1600 GTA handling like a racing GTA would feel. The N3 tyres were closest to the Dunlop CR65's that the car would naturally run with, they felt almost 'right' but didn't offer the grip levels they should. The S1 tyres gripped better (perhaps a bit too well) but didn't 'feel' correct at all. If PD want to increase levels of realism then giving us the option of correct period tyres for the older cars would be a step in the right direction IMO.

Plywood tyres and a Lotus Cortina? ;)
 
John and a few of us have been discussing the club and league ideas in his Racing Modifications thread. If you want some ideas or have some of your own, hop in and tye away. I am hopeful that Polyphony provides some extensive tools to those who want to go beyond simply wanting to create a club for a few friends, to the creation of entire leagues, like we have in the racing world.
 
How about this. Let the auto trani shift like the real car does. We all know that the trans in cars kicks up a gear or two while cruising. Then holds the gears longer when pushing it around hard. Let that be simulated CORRECTLY to each car. Just a nice little touch.
 
How about this. Let the auto trani shift like the real car does. We all know that the trans in cars kicks up a gear or two while cruising. Then holds the gears longer when pushing it around hard. Let that be simulated CORRECTLY to each car. Just a nice little touch.

But we're racing... Racing is supposed to get you quick around the track, not comfortably cruising around at 100Km/h...

Crossply tyres and a Lotus Cortina would be a good start ;)

How did I come up with Plywood? Crossply was the word. It'd be great on the Lotus 7s (From which, I hope, they'll add some more)
 
Have it more reactive to the driving conditions, not just shift at redline, and downshift at the most inconvieniant time. Hence why I hated auto in all the GT games. Like I said, a nice touch.

Raceable Lotus 7s would be heaven. :D
 
Have it more reactive to the driving conditions, not just shift at redline, and downshift at the most inconvieniant time. Hence why I hated auto in all the GT games. Like I said, a nice touch.

Raceable Lotus 7s would be heaven. :D

How many track cars are actually automatic though? :sly:
 
For the street cars smart one, lol. The real driving simulater makes my Super Taurus sound like its running for life at 70mph. Simulate=make damn close to the real thing. I think thatd be a nice touch.

And Im quite comfy with my auto trans GMC Jimmy, too much traffic in this area to bother with a manual. :drool: Though Id love it when I make a street truck outta it.
 
Horses, to make Danny happy :) ;)
 
:lol: Bleeding horses? Explain por favor?
Last year the same question was asked about GT4. Ultrabeat (Danny) said that he would love to see horses and horse tracks in GT4....
 
Back