This game worth a buy?

• Thread starter Ascendancy
  • 34 comments
United States
United States
I’m interested in getting this game but I’ve read the ports to PS4/xb1 are not so great... is this true? What’s the main differences between pc and console versions?

It has its issues and is nowhere near the PC version in terms of performance & graphics but damn it's such good fun. Obviously much better with a wheel, but pad use isn't too bad either actually.

If you like GT3 cars and just straight up racing it can't be beaten on console.

I have no experience of online at the moment though. I imagine GTS is a little more robust here.

What’s the main differences between pc and console versions?

I've only played the PC version but FPS is capped at 30 on console and details, textures, resolution etc have been sacrificed/lowered to maintain a stable performance. Sounds and physics are identical across all versions. If you focus on the core part of the game, it's worth buying.

I have PC version and had Xbox version but refunded it. The difference is console version is capped at 30fps, doesn't have a universal wheel degree rotation setting (you have to manually change wheel degree between different cars), it's also behind in DLC and doesn't have as many FOV/seating view options.

Personally I’m in love ever since the „60fps“ patch.

I’m on PS4Pro and right now I can’t go back to GTS.

Physics aren’t even the main draw for me, I love the dynamic TOD and weather and I love racing the AI.

Go and get it I say.

I've only played the PC version but FPS is capped at 30 on console and details, textures, resolution etc have been sacrificed/lowered to maintain a stable performance. Sounds and physics are identical across all versions. If you focus on the core part of the game, it's worth buying.
Not quite true, as the PS4 Pro version will run at 60fps (not locked but as near as damn it).

This is a great game, but it doesn't live up to it's potential on old hardware. As someone who plays on the standard PS4, I do not recommend. But that's only because I'm used to 60 fps in GTS and F1, I cannot go back to a low fps.

I would recommend anyone that's looking in to this game should check out some videos/ streams to get a sense of the frame rate. That seems to be what makes or breaks this game for most people.

The frame rate was more noticeable in the beginning, but I've gotten used to it. It's a very buggy game, but nothing compares to the driving sensation you get in this game. I'm having a lot of fun with it, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Also add that oddly but welcome is that framerate is much better with other cars on track and worse when hotlapping.
Also virtual mirror is best turned off, proximity sensors are excellent in this game so no need for mirror as it seems to drop frames when on.

Only thing I can add is to just go buy it. A physical copy that is. Then at least you can sell if you end up not liking it. It seems very love/hate and while there are many issues, it’s playable and works most of the time. Plus, it’s just the best sim on console even in its current state. If you’re even remotely into GT racing, I’d say it’s still a must buy.

I bought this game on PS4 on a whim the other day, after telling myself I wouldn't buy it when I found out it had a lower framerate and less cars on track. I was worried the performance might make it difficult to understand the nuances of the driving physics. I felt the need to really about this game after playing it for a bit and this thread seems like a good place.

For a while I was playing PC2, just doing custom 30 minute/one hour GT3 races. It worked pretty well for that, but the discrepancy between the player physics and the AI physics meant I spent a lot of time messing with the AI skill level and not doing a lot of racing.

My main concern, the framerate, was only jarring for a few minutes before I got used to it. I would still prefer 60fps over 30, but it's not a handicap, as I was worried it would be. It's fine. So if that was anyone else's concern, please give it a chance, the game is still amazing at 30fps.

I bought it primarily to do custom races, as I can never commit to actual career modes, and it's great for that. Two things I thought were missing from AC were time-duration races (rather than lap races) and night racing, and this game has both. Given those facts, and the game being exclusively focused on GT3 racing, it feels like it was catered specifically for my tastes!

Although the circuit selection isn't as big as PC2, it's almost like a quality-over-quantity situation, the quality of racing against the AI in ACC is better than any sim I've played. In Quick Race, the default AI settings were 90/90 for both skill and aggression by default. I left it there to see how I faired, and it's great for my skill level. So far, I've only been starting from the back and seeing how far I can move up the grid. The first lap is usually slow, so I try not to get greedy with it as it feels cheap. In 30 minute races, I usually make my way right up to the middle of the field starting from P20. With AI races, I'm ultimately looking good, realistic racing, as opposed to easy wins. I don't care if I finish in the mid-field every race, I want to feel like I worked for it, and to feel satisfied that I drove consistently to the best of my ability. That's exactly what I get with this game. In PC2, I was always second-guessing the AI settings, and it was so difficult to gauge my skill compared to the AI. I haven't even changed the default settings in ACC and the quality of racing is beyond anything I've played in other sims. The AI is extremely good about giving you space when you get alongside them. Conversely, they really make you work for overtakes. Some early positions aren't too difficult but the later you get into the race, the better the AI is further up the road, and every overtake is harder than the last. The last few laps of 30 minute race are quite intense, as tyres start to fall apart, everyone slows down a bit, and you have to be very bold to make any final moves. I've done some really risky **** in the final laps of a race, but I do it without worrying the AI is just going to turn into me and ruin my race. It's amazing.

I've done a bit of online racing, and it's been a good experience for the most part, but considering it's mostly custom lobbies, it's hit or miss when it comes to finding a populated server with a circuit/race length you're looking for. Eventually, I want to move toward hour-long (or longer) races with pit strategies, but I'm just trying to get comfortable with single stints.

The only real complaint I have (that could easily be addressed) is that there are no options to adjust the interior camera views, which is absurd. Even GT Sport let's you move the 'seat' position. I really hope that gets patched in. Some cars have such a big dashboard that it takes up the entire bottom half of the screen. Please, just let me move the camera back and up a bit!

Yes you should buy this game.

Picked it up on PRO at release and found the 30 fps quite jarring, however the patch vastly improved this.
This game actually convinced me to go the PC route for race sims and had my PC delivered on Thursday. Its absolutely sublime and makes me appreciate how they even got it to run on console.

Personally I’m in love ever since the „60fps“ patch.

I’m on PS4Pro and right now I can’t go back to GTS.

Physics aren’t even the main draw for me, I love the dynamic TOD and weather and I love racing the AI.

Go and get it I say.

I love this game, and can't stop playing it. I think it has the best AI in any racing game, they're so aware of you and your position and react accordingly, it's very impressive.
Nothing beats the feel of it either.

I have no experience of online at the moment though. I imagine GTS is a little more robust here.

Well... ACC is better in terms of clean drivers...get to 70SA and go to the competition servers, other lobbies above 50SA ranking needed are also quite clean.

In this terms for me it's a quite better system as the one GTS offer.you have to do quite some offline racing to improve the SA and you have to own all the stars of the track that is used in the competition servers.

For the rest(for @Ascendancy )...FFB implementation and feelings isn't near the PC version (hopefully it improves), graphics & performance is below PC as obvious,it a real demanding game.

The Development studio and support is from D3T Ldt, they aren't the best and not simracing expert's..so I dont know what to expect in a future with those guys in front of the console versions.

Phisycs wise and simulation,it's really good and the only pure SIM available on console right now together with the original AC.

Xbox one X is the worst port, don't achieve the smoothness and framerate of PS4 PRO, due problems with dynamic resolution that isn't working on Xbox one X

Can't say exactly for the XBX, but this is ACC and PC2 running side by side on a PS4 Pro.

Since 1.04 update some graphics aspects are broken or downed down as windshield reflections, rain drops phisycs on windshield, condensation efects on windshield and other textures downed down.
But they've improved a bit the headlights that took a bit on framerate as 505games cm on Discord stated..

So we still don't know if some graphics details and texture has been downed down for the headlights or cause due port 13 core updates in 1 the game suffered some bugs/issues extra also in that aspect

Last edited:
They should have probably fixed the existing console bugs first before updating the core version but I'm guessing there was a launch date for GT4 that 505 had committed to and it was more important for them to continue on the path to hit that rather than to solve bugs on an old version.
However those bugs still exist plus some new ones from the update and D3t are chasing their tails a bit now.
But I heard there's a couple small patches coming before the GT4 pack gets unlocked so hopefully we'll get a few more fixes soon, and then they can work on porting across some more updates and adding much needed features like FOV and keyboard / button box support.

Having said that, and in answer to the OP. For me, yes this is worth a buy. The underlying game is great, and bugs are annoying but not enough to make it broken (unless you have T500 wheel apparently). The stutter also hurts some players eyes or brain, but it's OK for me even on base ps4. Maybe get the disc version so if you can't handle the issues you can sell it again

Last edited:
Yes! It's worth buying
Yes it has bugs bit for me it still 100% playable may be different for you.

I’m interested in getting this game but I’ve read the ports to PS4/xb1 are not so great... is this true? What’s the main differences between pc and console versions?

But PC as I hear is way better if you have a pc that can run it properly!
It looks & sounds better & has pc extra features that consoles don't have

Can’t speak for Xbox, but on PS4 it’s def worth getting.
I find frame rate worse on wrc8 than acc to be honest, I’m on PS4 standard.

Finally got a PC a week ago. I only had the chance to try ACC once. Got it on steam for 20.00. Its a night and day experience. I couldn't play it on xbox x. Performance was too poor, and I'm usually not a performance person. I really hope they put it out on next gen.

I'm on Xbox One X and I can't really see anything graphically that takes away from the game play. But I agree that at least on Xbox, it's the best console sim racer out there right now. The cars have their own unique identities in how they drive and sound, the AI is tremendous in the way they behave. You really have to fight to pass but they're not dumb to the fact you're there. That's not saying I've never been nerfed off by them because it has happened but it's rare.

I can't wait for the GT4 and British GT packs.

I'm on Xbox One X and I can't really see anything graphically that takes away from the game play. But I agree that at least on Xbox, it's the best console sim racer out there right now. The cars have their own unique identities in how they drive and sound, the AI is tremendous in the way they behave. You really have to fight to pass but they're not dumb to the fact you're there. That's not saying I've never been nerfed off by them because it has happened but it's rare.

I can't wait for the GT4 and British GT packs.
If you have season pass, you have early access to the GT4's as of today!

Seems they were released by mistake as you can't buy the DLC separately and it didn't get released for PS4. Plus, there are some bugs with missing wheels and sounds on some cars - there was supposed to a further patch released before the GT4 got out

Last edited:
Its a solid racer if you dont mind the graphics and the framerate.

If you are a fan of motorsport this game is for you. You will love the gt3 cars and the upcoming gt4 ones.

Sounds, physics is all top notch it really feels like your part of the GT3 experience especially with the steering wheel.

Back