This is why you should slow down for yellow flags...

• Thread starter Pupik
  • 12 comments

Pupik

mille mille miglia
Staff Emeritus
United States
HSV
Ernesto Viso - GP2 at Magny cours: Eeep.

Nobody was seriously hurt, thankfully. Catch-fencing might have really helped here, especially if this occurred during a green flag.

I'd heard there had been a few 'incidents' in the GP2 race - i had no idea of the magnitude of that second crash :eek: :eek: :eek: - the driver and those marshals were very lucky indeed!

Wow GP2 looks exciting, might start watching it. How many cars start a GP2 race btw? Looks like there are loads there...

Ernesto Viso - GP2 at Magny cours: Eeep.
Indeed!:scared: Though I believe the section of the track they were racing on was under green at the time

I'd heard there had been a few 'incidents' in the GP2 race - i had no idea of the magnitude of that second crash :eek: :eek: :eek: - the driver and those marshals were very lucky indeed!
I agree with you on that one. Also, how about the wreck at the start of the Feature Race where two teammates took out each other?:crazy:

Wow GP2 looks exciting, might start watching it. How many cars start a GP2 race btw? Looks like there are loads there...
At the round at Magny Cours, there were 26 starters. Also, each GP2 round also consists of two races. The aforementioned Feature Race, and a Sprint Race.

Wow, I knew about this accident but I hadn’t seen any footage. Viso was incredibly lucky to come out of that with his life, as well as the marshals.

Wow,that was chaotic....so much carnage in just one lap?Its just as bad as the Australian GP back in 2002.11 cars retired just at the first corner!

I agree with you on that one. Also, how about the wreck at the start of the Feature Race where two teammates took out each other?:crazy:

I can't understand why that would happen, they were on the first row of the grid so there were no distractions in front of them. :dunce:

I can only assume that the pole sitter lit up his rears just a little too much, giving the second placed guy enough time to pull alongside and therefore placing each other in their blind spots? I bet the teams post race debriefing was interesting :dopey:

Amazing 1st lap! Just goes to show how far safety has come in motorsport in general. And also shows how fragile the human body is :dunce: .

I noticed a oilspill cleanup delayed the F1 by a couple of minutes. Was that caused by GP2 cars, and more specifically, this accident?

Indeed!:scared: Though I believe the section of the track they were racing on was under green at the time
That's what had me confused; there were yellow flags waved as the cars approached the Adelaide Hairpin, and there were no incidents near there, just for the stalled cars and the startline incident for the front-row cars.

Perhaps there was a communication breakdown as the cars approached the Nurburgring esses, and thus, the marshalls didn't wave their yellow flags.

As I understand it, the safety car had just been deployed, but not every driver got the memo...

Back