This Week's Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: Winter Brings Forth an SUV and a Fiery Muscle Car

I'm still wincing at the price hikes.
You can blame PG's insane logic for the price increases:

upload_2019-2-8_14-42-33-jpeg.798216

>PG recycles Forzathon Shop content for week after week
>Players hoard FP waiting for something worth buying
>PG hikes up prices because nobody's spending FP while doubling down on recycled content
>Players continue to hoard FP in fear of even higher prices for something potentially worth buying in the future

Well done, PG.

Last edited:
>PG recycles Forzathon Shop content for week after week
>Players horde FP waiting for something worth buying
>PG hikes up prices because nobody's spending FP while doubling down with recycled content
>Players continue to horde FP in fear of even higher prices for something potentially worth buying in the future

Well done, PG.

Players are part of the problem if they hold onto their points despite PG indirectly telling them to spend. I just spent half of mine because I should probably not contribute to the problem if I want to see a change.

Players are part of the problem if they hold onto their points despite PG indirectly telling them to spend. I just spent half of mine because I should probably not contribute to the problem if I want to see a change.
Which is a stupid thing to have to do in the first place. You likely aren't going to see any change any time soon, so spending points just leaves you SOL with the next come around, if something happens to actually be worthwhile.

Which is a stupid thing to have to do in the first place. You likely aren't going to see any change any time soon, so spending points just leaves you SOL with the next come around, if something happens to actually be worthwhile.

Which is exactly why I don't spend my points. If a Crown Vic or Hoonigan Nova show up next week I don't want to miss it.

It's not ideal, but it also feels wrong to contribute to the inflation we don't like to see. It already did improve slightly. The FK9 Civic was recently at 800 FP, but this week the KTM is at 700 FP. Still expensive, but it's a change for the better.

Unless I’m mistaken, the Ferrari 812 Superfast was only available in the shop for the first week of the game and hasn’t been seen since. If PG wants people to spend points, how about actually putting up cars like this that have barely seen the light of day?

It's not ideal, but it also feels wrong to contribute to the inflation we don't like to see. It already did improve slightly. The FK9 Civic was recently at 800 FP, but this week the KTM is at 700 FP. Still expensive, but it's a change for the better.
If that would even be considered a change. I really don't, to be honest. I just feel that's just down to the popularity of the given vehicle rather than it getting better in general.

I will spend them only if there's new cars or at least comebacks from older games, because it's worthless to me to spend points on cars I can find on AH or win with wheelspin, plus there's plenty of cars that could be ported to the game from the 2-3 last games (even if I understand there could be some licencing issues like Toyota)

If there's nothing in the autoshow I need, then I spend all my FP on wheelspins. Then I build up my collection of FP again by doing the weekly and daily Forzathons as well as a few Forzathon Live events. If something comes up in the next week's shop that I don't have and I'm still short, well I've got another week to get the points I'm missing.

Unless I’m mistaken, the Ferrari 812 Superfast was only available in the shop for the first week of the game and hasn’t been seen since. If PG wants people to spend points, how about actually putting up cars like this that have barely seen the light of day?

There's also the Colorado ZR2.

If there's nothing in the autoshow I need, then I spend all my FP on wheelspins. Then I build up my collection of FP again by doing the weekly and daily Forzathons as well as a few Forzathon Live events. If something comes up in the next week's shop that I don't have and I'm still short, well I've got another week to get the points I'm missing.

Pretty much the same here, I don't think I've bought anything in the shop in about 2 months aside from wheelspins...

No.

No matter how many times you or anyone else says this, it simply is not, nor will ever be the case. You, me, nor anyone else is to blame for a problem they created. What makes it even sillier is this is something Turn 10 already retroactively prevented in the first place by only allowing any one person to buy 1 (one) vehicle from the Specialty Dealer in FM7, not as many as you could possibly pick up at once.

"Forcing" me to spend something on crap I already have is not going to resolve the situation of you selling crap I already have.

No.

No matter how many times you or anyone else says this, it simply is not, nor will ever be the case. You, me, nor anyone else is to blame for a problem they created. What makes it even sillier is this is something Turn 10 already retroactively prevented in the first place by only allowing any one person to buy 1 (one) vehicle from the Specialty Dealer in FM7, not as many as you could possibly pick up at once.

"Forcing" me to spend something on crap I already have is not going to resolve the situation of you selling crap I already have.

It does feel like trying to victim blame the players by telling them that they *need* to spend Forzathon points so that PG can get the hint to offer some halfway decent stuff in the shop. This goes right down to how PG have been offering stuff that we have been sold over and over again in the frenzied rush to make sure that people are 'caught up' with Forzathon stuff for those that have been around since Black Friday / Christmas and not since launch. Which is the exact same thing that T10 did with the Specialty Dealer in FM7, as you said.

I mean, I haven't touched the game in probably a month and a half, two months. I've had no desire to play it, mainly because of the fact that they keep jacking up the prices for Forzathon Shop cars, among other issues. Surely they can see that the jacking up of prices is leading to a bleed in players, especially ones who've been around since launch, and Early Access?

No.

I didn't say the players made this call, but saving a myriad of points isn't helping things. This is a fact and my only point. The incentive to save up a myriad of points has also become smaller now that the various seasonal events have intensified the distribution of rarities since the addition of weekly Playground Games.

There is literally nothing new in the shop for me to spend on, and yet you have people blaming others for not spending stuff they already have?

Well guess what? I'm going to keep saving up on my points until something new comes to the shop (or on wheelspins which I only buy once or twice if needed). Don't like it? Well you can you just deal with it.

I didn't say the players made this call, but saving a myriad of points isn't helping things.

Then what do you want us to do as players of the game? Because it's looking pretty obvious that the only reason that PG are even being 'kind' and lowering the prices little by little is that it's pissing off the fanbase of people that play the game. Buying the rehashed stuff just gives PG more reason to keep doing it. It's the exact same scenario that T10 did with the Specialty Dealer in FM7, and that eventually quit wholesale because they pissed off the fanbase enough that they realized it wasn't a good idea to begin with, and scrapped it.

It certainly seems like you want to place the blame on the players for not buying into this, and not enough blame on PG for not getting the hint and either start offering cars that haven't been offered in months (The 812 and Colorado ZR2 being good examples) or go back to what things were.

I didn't say the players made this call, but saving a myriad of points isn't helping things. This is a fact and my only point. The incentive to save up a myriad of points has also become smaller now that the various seasonal events have intensified the distribution of rarities since the addition of weekly Playground Games.
The problem being is that you likely aren't going to be making any difference in this case. The funny thing is, is that if I have over 1000+ points saved, and I don't play the game ever again, I'm very much part of that "hoarding" statistic by default.

Then what do you want us to do as players of the game?

Spend the points you feel you don't need and hope the developers change their mind about it. It's the only thing you can do really.

The problem being is that you likely aren't going to be making any difference in this case. The funny thing is, is that if I have over 1000+ points saved, and I don't play the game ever again, I'm very much part of that "hoarding" statistic by default.

Not me singlehandedly, but all actives players should consider the necessity in saving a huge surplus of points. Two weeks ago the Lotus 2-Eleven was a Playground Games reward, last week it was the Boneshaker and Lancia Delta (Trials), and this week the Pontiac Firebird is a Trials reward. These are the kind of rarities that can appear in shop, but weren't these times around. Patterns like these can help players narrow down how many points they can afford to spend on spins vs. how many they expect to earn before the shop might stock something on the want list. Everyone who deliberately sits on a myriad of points with these circumstances in mind aren't helping themselves if inflation is a concern.

Don't like it? Well you can you just deal with it.

Spending surpluss points is the only way you can deal with it, for now.

Not me singlehandedly, but all actives players should consider the necessity in saving a huge surplus of points.
I wouldn't doubt if the vast majority of active players don't even know why or what happened. The amount of users on any forum are by far the minority. This is the most popular GT site there is, and it's only at around 250k-300k members, and even using the current game that currently likely has it's lowest install base compared to past games(which is still quite literally millions), that's still only a small fraction of the people, and that's only assuming that 100% of the users own a PS and GT on this forum. That's why I'm thinking it doesn't matter anyway which way what we do at this point. This was a statistic gained from direct data from the game, not from vocal players, so unless the vast majority of people make an effort, it's all really for naught. Hell, even if you manage to get 100% of the userbase that is on the forums on board with that notion, it still likely wouldn't even be a big enough percentage of people.

In my opinion at least.

I wouldn't doubt if the vast majority of active players don't even know why or what happened. The amount of users on any forum are by far the minority. This is the most popular GT site there is, and it's only at around 250k-300k members, and even using the current game that currently likely has it's lowest install base compared to past games(which is still quite literally millions), that's still only a small fraction of the people, and that's only assuming that 100% of the users own a PS and GT on this forum. That's why I'm thinking it doesn't matter anyway which way what we do at this point. This was a statistic gained from direct data from the game, not from vocal players, so unless the vast majority of people make an effort, it's all really for naught. Hell, even if you manage to get 100% of the userbase that is on the forums on board with that notion, it still likely wouldn't even be a big enough percentage of people.

In my opinion at least.

Definitely, but I think players deliberately saving points are the ones most likely to stay in touch with the developers. The vast majority of casuals probably don't even know that some items are exclusive, and are therefore less likely to save points. One can even hope that inactive players are not accounted for when the average of community-wide points are being calculated.

Spend the points you feel you don't need and hope the developers change their mind about it. It's the only thing you can do really.

But what can you actually spend it on? Another set of hats that you already own? A duplicate car to auction off for 30k max if you're not a legendary painter/tuner?

The long-time players that are able to hoard a ton of FP will have almost no benefit from buying Wheelspins, especially since PG is on track to trickle all the exclusive cars into the shop sooner or later.

Seems to me the best way to not hoard FP is to actively not play the game's daily/weekly content or Forzathon Live.

Last edited:
At this point PG need to have like a catalog of around 5 cars in the forzathon shop to fix this issue, no one is going to spend FP points when they keep putting stuff everyone has while at the same time they see the prices rise like crazy.

How are the players even the slightest part of the problem when they are just playing the game the way they want to play it? It just seems like a really stupid move considering the last 2 games in the Horizon series have been based on playing it the way you want to.

I remember someone telling me that "surely PG/T10 must know how to analyze their data" when I suggested that looking at car usage to choose what cars to carry on from game to game privileged LB/meta monsters over cars people actually liked and drove for fun?

Yeah. The Forzathon shop price hike is sufficient proof they are just looking at bulk data without actually sitting down and asking themselves "why are the numbers going this way" - i.e. they are not "analyzing" their data at all.

The weekly Forzathon shop car shouldn't cost more than the VIP price for the weekly Forzathon. And the excessive prices are bad for game attendance, too: people that have left the game may always come back if they have a chance to earn a car they particularly want, but the current prices only reward regular players - which for the most part would keep spending their time on Horizon 4 even if there wasn't any weekly new car to start with.

I still don't quite understand what exactly is so bad about players have too much FP that PG thought a 500% cost increase was warranted.

That players aren't buying enough duplicate cars, FE or otherwise, that already struggle to sell on the AH?

That players are playing the game too much?

That it looks bad on a "player engagement" report?

I still don't quite understand what exactly is so bad about players have too much FP that PG thought a 500% cost increase was warranted.

That players aren't buying enough duplicate cars, FE or otherwise, that already struggle to sell on the AH?

That players are playing the game too much?

That it looks bad on a "player engagement" report?

Your posts always seem to imply that it's not just PGG not knowing what they are doing... :lol:

Back