Thread of moderate smugness and self congratulation

• Thread starter Renrag39
  • 266 comments
I matched Senna a few days ago!!

20D0D4A8-94A5-40BD-8493-5E075E3BE720.jpeg

OK! I'll share something too!

First time racing Gr.1 in GT Sport!!! Got a good lap, 2 poles, 2 second places and a win!

My best lap:

And my best race, even though I came second:

And... I got fastest lap of the race! That’s a rare on for me!

Last edited:
I got win #32 at Dragon Trail in that Peugeot yesterday along with pole and fast lap. I survived the Gr.1 at Monza ( and first chicane meelee ) and had my SR increase. But I just finished the best race of the week in Gr.4 at Mt. Panorama. I started next to last and worked my way through the field to finish 2nd. Now that was fun 👍 I messed up on the fuel and had to do the last 2 laps on full conservation. I thought 3rd place was going to catch me, but watching the time between us, he must have been having some offroad excursions.

I will congratulate myself on finally learning drifting with a G25 wheel. In the previous games (GT5P, GT5, GT6) drifting was really easy with a controller but I found it nearly impossible with a wheel. Thanks to GT Sport's great handling and physics and a great car such as the Supra RZ, I finally nailed it! It is so much more rewarding with a wheel, but also really exhausting :)

I'm going to congratulate myself on finally figuring out (also GTA_Tidgney's excellent Youtube guide video) how to get under two minutes consistently around Suzuka (aiming for those 1:58's now!) in Gr.3 cars, as well as almost inexorably getting into DR:S (just another 8k DR points to go) - even if I will bring down that bracket with my tardiness! Almost all of it is down to learning how to trail brake effectively, my left foot is no longer made of a On/Off button, hoorah!

Here's hoping I'm in a good enough position to actually be competitive come the actual FIA races in April. Really need to maximise those entry speeds into corners.

I'm going to congratulate myself on finally figuring out (also GTA_Tidgney's excellent Youtube guide video) how to get under two minutes consistently around Suzuka (aiming for those 1:58's now!) in Gr.3 cars, as well as almost inexorably getting into DR:S (just another 8k DR points to go) - even if I will bring down that bracket with my tardiness! Almost all of it is down to learning how to trail brake effectively, my left foot is no longer made of a On/Off button, hoorah!

Here's hoping I'm in a good enough position to actually be competitive come the actual FIA races in April. Really need to maximise those entry speeds into corners.

Could you post the link for this guide?
Thanks!

Awesome! Was it intentional or was it a "bugger he's got on the brakes well early!" reaction? Either way it looked epic and you controlled it well, around the outside for extra smug points!

That's how it looked to me as well. Taking nothing away from an amazing clean overtake, but reactions and car control for the "oh ****" moment was class.

OK! I'll share something too!

First time racing Gr.1 in GT Sport!!! Got a good lap, 2 poles, 2 second places and a win!

My best lap:

And my best race, even though I came second:

And... I got fastest lap of the race! That’s a rare on for me!

Good job! Would’ve joined you on the podium but I’d rather finish 4th than 12th haha Just yielded when it got crazy!

Awesome! Was it intentional or was it a "bugger he's got on the brakes well early!" reaction? Either way it looked epic and you controlled it well, around the outside for extra smug points!
He broke way too early, and I didn’t want to lose any SR, so I thought I could make it around his left side, and it stuck. I really didn’t think it would stick :lol:

He broke way too early, and I didn’t want to lose any SR, so I thought I could make it around his left side, and it stuck. I really didn’t think it would stick :lol:

That was awesome. I had a similar instance last night with the Gr.1s at Monza, either P3 broke early or ABS was kicking in and I wasn't stopping in time at the first chicane. Although, I dove for the inside and stuck it cleanly, won that race when P2 collected P1 and left me with an open track for the last lap. Now I wish I saved that replay :(

bloody foreigners coming over here winning our races, oh wait, Rule Brittania :D

God Save The Queen! Even if I’m Quebecois haha...

Our Top 10’s are now filed with Europeans and Asians. Got to spoil your party from time to time! TheQIsBack hasn’t been back for over a week since I got S/S lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I beat a guy to the lap record by a hundredth of a second
Nice time :)
I just activated PS Plus yesterday and went in for my first online races. This race was the second race I did and I only did 2 qualifying laps.
I wasn't sure if my driving skills are actually good enough for online racing and my 2nd qualifying lap time was 1:18.862. I made several mistakes and just got to know the (new to me) car, but to my surprise I qualified 1st with a 2 second lead :D

The race itself was good and I kept the lead until lap 7, when I overshot one corner, got one of the rear wheels on sand and spun out.. dropped to 9th but ended the race in 4th.

Yesterday's Gr.4 race at Mount Panorama in a Vantage.

Started on pole position and had my first ever grand slam! I'm up to 5 wins out of 41 races with 8 fastest laps!

Really proud of myself for this one as the race I had before this, I started last and finished 11th, I thought it was fun but a poor race for me.

I now wish I had saved the replay of this too rather than just the actual race itself.

Last edited:
So after getting 2 poles, 2 fastest laps and 3 wins last night I thought I would push my luck with my first ever Gr1 race today at Magiore. This Surely can't keep up much longer - got pole, fastest lap, lapped 3 cars and won! THEN . . . . it came to the daily workout prize car - only got the Jag XJ13!!!!

Back