Thread of moderate smugness and self congratulation

• Thread starter Renrag39
  • 266 comments
Trying to get the clean race bonus and I'm at SRb did the one make race, didn't qualify to try and start at rear. First corner people are driving so slow, make a pass and the dude is trying to push me off track just like AI does. I was worried he ruined my clean race but he didn't! Ended up going from 12th to 4th place and almost got the fastest lap but I was being careful in passing slower people slowing my pace. Just want to get this challenge done and it's nerve racking depending on others for clean driving.

I had the best race of my life last night on Dragons Trail Nations cup series.
My best qualifying time in practice was 1:38.2, but my qualifying didn't go very well as I qualified in 11th with a 1:39.4

I'm DR.A/SR.S and the field was 11 DR.S (including some very fast names) and the rest DR.A

First lap was a little weird, bumped the guy in front of me on turn 1, and then had a bad S bend, got overtaken - but managed to pass back after he got loose on acceleration.
The first trip through the bus stop saw 2 drivers crash, I was now P9.

I battled with P8 the next couple laps, eventually passing him on the outside coming into turn 1 on the beginning of lap 4.

There was another casualty in the bus stop on lap 5.
And again another casualty spinning out on turn 3/4 areas.

With 3 laps left, I was running P5 and about 3 seconds behind P4 - we both had similar pace so I wasn't going to catch him.
I ended up battling with P6, having to defend my position for the last couple laps - P6 had a messy bus stop on the last lap and I was clear to finish P5.

Ended up raising 6 positions and had a relatively clean race on Dragons Trail with no accidents at the bus stop, only 1 clean overtake - but consistency wins out over raw pace, especially in GR.3 racing where the cars can be so loose.

1500 something points.

I became DR S today :-] still only 16 victories though. 1 of which came today when i (S/S) was put in a room full of rank D/S drivers for some reason .. sorry everyone

That happened to me too. I was racing Daily B at Nurb GP, and got into a room where I was 2 seconds ahead the second place. Next race, I thought it was a one off, I got into a room where I was 3 seconds ahead the second place. I even told them I was sorry. One of them told me I was lucky, but not really... if somehow I had managed to lose, I'd have destroyed my DR.

That happened to me too. I was racing Daily B at Nurb GP, and got into a room where I was 2 seconds ahead the second place. Next race, I thought it was a one off, I got into a room where I was 3 seconds ahead the second place. I even told them I was sorry. One of them told me I was lucky, but not really... if somehow I had managed to lose, I'd have destroyed my DR.

for sure, i thought about parking it at the line and letting p2 win but I probably lost DR points even by winning. oh well, a lapped backmarker got to watch me drive into the wall at the chicane in an accident that was entirely my own fault so at least one of them was entertained

Another win on northern isle after starting in pole. I was so far ahead on the 9th lap I took the wide line in an attempt to grab fastest lap top and beat the current fastest by hundredths of a second :lol:

I said this in the Daily Race thread, but I feel it belongs here.

I had a great night yesterday at the Daily C - Gr.1 at Nurb GP.
By my standards, I did a great lap and had one of the best races.
I think something clicks when I'm racing Gr.1 cars. I started on pole and managed to go the whole race without pitting. I had to save tires and fuel till the very end, having a great battle for the win in the last 3 laps. I won't spoil anything, go watch, please, at least the last 3 laps.

My lap (1:40.541):

The race:

Edit:
YEAH! The day is over and I was 8th in the Americas!

Last edited:
Great thread so here is my "pat myself on the back" effort.

Pole position, Fastest lap, Win and **PLATINUM** trophy. Great way to finnish a night off :-)
Gran Turism SPORT Platinum.jpg

I should add, TT__777 is my my alter ego ;-)

Finally finished a race in top 3! 2nd place as a matter of fact! Blue Moon Bay daily C today. I was at SR C when I had to abruptly quit an earlier race. That dropped me down to E. After the 2nd place finish, I got bumped up to B! odd, but OK. Was a shame too, because I only had 1 wall rub penalty screw me out of a clean race.

It was a nice finish too after being 5th almost all race. Had to conserve fuel the last 6 laps, so I dropped down my fuel map. Luckily enough 2 people above me pit a second time. It came down neck and neck with 2nd place ahead of me by a second. Set my fuel to full power with 2 laps left and rode his bumper. I passed him turn 1. He passed me turn 3. I passed him again on turn 1 on the final lap and was able to put enough distance he couldn't eek around me on turn 3. Finished ahead of him with less than a second. But still almost 4 seconds behind first!

I like the non technical courses.

The Beetle GR3 is a beast. Pleasantly surprised for my first run with it.

Just won my first race with a wheel! 33 in total but this is the biggest achievement for me so far and means the most.
Used the gr.4 TT on Alsace. Got 2nd twice with the Atenza but just couldn't match the FF's so went for broke and boom, 1s off my qualifying time, pole and win with a 4s lead.
Still not up to my old speed but definitely getting closer. Think I could be about 0.5 to 1s quicker in time. Need to work on consistency.
Thanks for all the help and encouragement on this forum.
Congrats!

Was at 3am in the morning
The last alien finally went to sleep
I don't think this is "moderate" smugnessView attachment 715358

I’m trying to use a 919 Porsche instead of the Bugatti. It’s been a nice day. I was able to put a 1:17.9 with it, get 2 second places, 3 poles and and 3 wins. But the differences between Asian/European times to American times is strange. Sometimes I think that maybe their testing different parameters for physics in sport mode depending on the region? Does it sound right?

Back