Thread of moderate smugness and self congratulation

• Thread starter Renrag39
  • 266 comments
So after getting 2 poles, 2 fastest laps and 3 wins last night I thought I would push my luck with my first ever Gr1 race today at Magiore. This Surely can't keep up much longer - got pole, fastest lap, lapped 3 cars and won! THEN . . . . it came to the daily workout prize car - only got the Jag XJ13!!!!

That is the super saiyan of smugness

Had 5 races C today, Gr1 in Lago Maggiore
Qualified with 1:40.600 (was on top ten until a moment ago)
4 pole and 5 victories
Made my 80th Victory

914E6C0B-6ECD-47F1-81B3-A6D7009DBEE0.jpeg

I did it. Win #91 and the Schumacher Trophy. The game had dropped me to B/B and I am working my way back to A/S, was B/A for this one. I was getting Senna'd at every turn, but I managed to keep it together and pull out a gap. I'm sure this won't be the last win, but it's a good feeling to achieve it.

4683775577827606536_0.jpg

I may focus on RACE C and the FIA races from now on. Also, I need drift points if I am going to get the Platinum Trophy.:dopey:

I have some smugness to share in the form of a controller upgrade.

Finally bit the bullet and ordered a Drivehub for my older G27 wheel. It arrived yesterday and I have been in love with GT sport now that I can finally use a force feedback wheel.

The game handles really nicely, and I’m looking forward to finally unlocking some real speed and long practice sessions.

Fellows, this is the perfect thread for me now. I had a awesome racing day today. I did 5 races on GR.1 Dragon trail, and the last of them with a win. My last win was long ago. But thats not all. I breaked with the last win finally into S/S! And to play with the rules of this thread:

Congrats Blacki, good job!
Yeah, thx!
Your welcome!

Haha, im so happy!

upload_2018-2-10_22-27-16.png

And the last two wins...

I think someone at PD read my post from yesterday in the daily race thread.

Within 2 sessions (few hours) I went from C / D/C to a much nicer rating ; B / S. So now I can really say that I am a BS driver :D. I did good :cheers::cheers:
Did the innitial ups just driving tourist style in the tts thingy, and the rest in the lagio gr4 races. Really over the moon right now, lets progress step by step now.. :dopey:

knip 1.PNG
Knip2.PNG

I am finally a B driver. Albeit a Minardi B driver
Jeremy-Clarkson-Happy.png

Yeeeeessssssss

Fellows, this is the perfect thread for me now. I had a awesome racing day today. I did 5 races on GR.1 Dragon trail, and the last of them with a win. My last win was long ago. But thats not all. I breaked with the last win finally into S/S! And to play with the rules of this thread:

Congrats Blacki, good job!
Yeah, thx!
Your welcome!

Haha, im so happy!

View attachment 713198

And the last two wins...

You forgot to pat yourself on the back

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the need to give myself a round of applause for yesterdays FIA Manufacture cup race. I could only qualify 18th through a combination of mistakes and badly timed traffic, in the race however the little Z4 was great (especially on old tyres) and I ended up finishing 2nd. I even had some fun once Federico the divebomber had gone to investigate the turn 1 barriers.

Topped yesterday off with my 5th win out of 6 in the Manufacturers series (came 2nd at Alsace) with my 4th pole, 4th fastest lap and clean too. Absolutely over the moon with this week's performance and I will 100% be sticking with Aston Martin!

I have saved the replays but every time I try to share them they fail. Any ideas why?

Topped yesterday off with my 5th win out of 6 in the Manufacturers series (came 2nd at Alsace) with my 4th pole, 4th fastest lap and clean too. Absolutely over the moon with this week's performance and I will 100% be sticking with Aston Martin!

I have saved the replays but every time I try to share them they fail. Any ideas why?
I’m only able to share my fastest laps... only shared a race in the beggining after December upgrade I couldn’t do it anymore...

Have to share this with you!!
Finally my 91st win trophy!

Just need to get to S/S now... being on High A/S for so long, sometimes sniffing the S/S but never get to stay more than one day!!

B296390D-6CB3-4E0A-A284-45D3F1CF77EB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to dust off the wheel then ...ha ha controller ain't cutting the mustard...makes me reticent about racing as I perform like a 🤬 shopping trolley when I push it (push it real good!)...

I love reading this thread.

I had a great days racing yesterday to in Gr4. When you get the right people in a lobby, this game flourishes.

Big props to (nearly) everybody I raced with yesteday. Class field and the qually times were insane. Pole to about 14th within a second!

Got up to 12 consecutive clean races today (but over the course of a couple days), so that's cool I guess. Snapped the streak on Blue Moon, barely tapped a lapped car's bumper. I knew it would end on Blue Moon but don't care much. It's one of my favorite tracks and hasn't been the daily for awhile.

Back