Thread of moderate smugness and self congratulation

• Thread starter Renrag39
  • 266 comments
Finally I am a Dr.A! We'll see how long I can make this last. I don't every expect to be a Dr.S. I am not a fast qualifier, but I am consistent in races and rarely get in accidents. Usually I gain 5-8 spots from starting position.
If you can gain 5-8 positions from start I think you can qualify faster
You'll need it, since you'll want to get out of hell that is the midfield
Congrats though :D

I had an amazing day with the RedBull Jr.
I got 7th in the leaderboard. Won some races, but this one... stuff of legend! lol
I didn’t win... but what a race!
Started from pole.
My wheel disconnected, sent me to the wall in T1.
It took about 30 seconds for it to get back on again.
I was dead last.
Still, I climbed the grid and managed to finish 3rd!!!

Racing in a sport lobby with some quick DR:S guys at Interlagos GR3. Finishing top 4/5 on track a few times was great. Watching the replay to see 3 out of the 4 using CSA makes me feel even better :D

I don't use TC either so I'm super happy with my pace for an old timer!!

*Pats self on the back

@GTWelsh Were you in my race a few minutes ago? You started behind me on the grid if it was you. You were in a black sls. I was in the green Porsche.

I posted this in the daily race discussion but I'm so pleased with myself I figured to share a pic here. I'm learning to love Tokyo.

upload_2018-4-2_10-6-40-png.726749

Last night I was on fresher tyres towards the end of the nation's cup race and managed to overtake somebody around the outside at Druids. The next race was at Interlagos where I was out of position from qualifying, on the first lap I had a good run up the hill and managed to get around the outside at the Esse hairpin. It was the same player both races.

It takes skill to be overtaken like that, it's far easier to fight too hard and take both cars off. I'll still be smug though

I was dead last.
Still, I climbed the grid and managed to finish 3rd!!!

got one of these races recently, makes for more interesting video

... tried to make video more action with moving POV, hope that nobody gets sick from it :lol:

73171141-8AD2-4710-9D14-F0449F608084.jpeg

Had my first Pole/Fastest Lap/Clean Race/Win ever. Really happy with this one because I race on a controller with d-pad and x/square. (aka I don't get that many wins lol)

I was zoning out at the start because I'm used to rolling starts so I wasnt paying attention until a little too late so i quickly dropped to 3rd and worked my way back up for the win.

Just reached level 50 and received the Platinum trophy!! My first ever platinum trophy. Here's a quick look of my stats.

- DR of 48622 (A, but very very close to S)
- SR of 99 (S)
- 412 races finished / 157 Wins / 121 Pole Positions / 182 Fastest Laps
- All the achievements done, except Distance Driven (34956/40000) and Days Logged On (97/180)
- 365 hours of Play Time / 208 hours of Time Driven
- I own all the 217 cars of the game
- Campaign is 100% done / GT League is 100% done and a total of 346 races (259 Blue Moon races...)
- 100% of Single Races + layouts are completed in professionnal

s131XhS.jpg

Well, I just got my first win in Sport Mode the other day.

I know getting one win isn't impressive, but I'm pretty excited about it considering it took me 57 races and making it to B/S driver rating before getting one. I've had some good races and landed on the podium a few times early on, but there was always somebody faster. Again, not impressive really, but I'm proud of myself considering I'm 35, haven't played GT since GT3 when I was like 20, and never used a wheel until the last couple months. Oh, and I only get the opportunity to play this game (the only game I play) about 1-2 days a week for a few hours each day.

This time I finished 7.5s ahead of 2nd place in a Gr.3 race at NurbGP. The race before I got bumped off the track and only made it back to 7th place, so my DR took a hit, which sucked but the next race I was matched with a mixed field of B&C drivers instead of A&B, which gave me the 3rd starting position. I got passed right before turn1 by somebody drafting and he ran straight into the two drivers in front of me as I managed to squeak by untouched. I then kept 1st for all 4 laps in one of the cleanest races I've ever had. Congrats to me.

here's my kudos prime stats, not a lot of dots on there, lol: http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=3500805

Well, I just got my first win in Sport Mode the other day.

I know getting one win isn't impressive, but I'm pretty excited about it considering it took me 57 races and making it to B/S driver rating before getting one. I've had some good races and landed on the podium a few times early on, but there was always somebody faster. Again, not impressive really, but I'm proud of myself considering I'm 35, haven't played GT since GT3 when I was like 20, and never used a wheel until the last couple months. Oh, and I only get the opportunity to play this game (the only game I play) about 1-2 days a week for a few hours each day.

This time I finished 7.5s ahead of 2nd place in a Gr.3 race at NurbGP. The race before I got bumped off the track and only made it back to 7th place, so my DR took a hit, which sucked but the next race I was matched with a mixed field of B&C drivers instead of A&B, which gave me the 3rd starting position. I got passed right before turn1 by somebody drafting and he ran straight into the two drivers in front of me as I managed to squeak by untouched. I then kept 1st for all 4 laps in one of the cleanest races I've ever had. Congrats to me.

here's my kudos prime stats, not a lot of dots on there, lol: http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=3500805
Congrats ! But be carefull though... winning can be addictive. Before you know 1-2 days become 4-5 days trying to chase that next win. :lol::gtpflag:

Congrats ! But be carefull though... winning can be addictive. Before you know 1-2 days become 4-5 days trying to chase that next win. :lol::gtpflag:

Ha! I'm already soooo addicted. It's terrible that I only have so little time to play each week. I usually just play in lobbies if I don't have the time to practice/qualify enough for Sport races. I'm definitely addicted to winning there and can usually reach the podium in most lobbies I'm in....so I do get my fix. There is something a bit more rewarding about doing well in Sport Mode though, I'm going to have to keep trying.

I didn't fancy race A or B yesterday so I decided to try out GR.2.
With only 110km experience I entered a race and was pleased to see that the matchmaking gods had given me a break (for once).

I counted at least 3 moments that were potentially race ending but I managed to gather them up due to the lightning quick opposite lock of the DS4. Quite chuffed.

After one mildly decent race with the E-Tron at Kyoto I had a handful of rotten experiences. I decided to give it one last effort and was rewarded with a nice punt from second to last place before completing lap one. I was going to quit but decided to stay and kept up the pressure and holy cow, I ended up with the win. I'm sure as heck glad I didn't give up. This feels like my most rewarding race so far.

After I worked my way back to 3rd place, the two folks ahead of me were A/A and B/S so it wasn't like I was racing the bottom of the barrel. Here's the gratuitous picture :sly:

0r8o5tpj7mPcX7hICtoh7bUhf7AZoXo1qS04lWS14eQWgc9ZpsIG97MFkyJoQ2mLCyl27sR23TGRXjlDYnZvZsh822jkiq4qhV_OIuPf9l89tZXKV4OMpYG68NDPsThMuxljPD_ZyYu2_Iuf-07rDYJiUjvkcjJqZVT2tn_v01iA9ghLzEVI88aH-BLzNjF-BHUGmJ7tFIUhnAErz-2rldNYJn_fb8tBsT-FthMgagEnBREp7RXK0s8CAG6SypGmKRBejzlg9bi-xFZkZgjOjR1Jl3VK81A_VE-e2sXnQMq1NgeeVOVtSxUVOvgnomiaLoeXq22k70tyb4FWKZ9aPS2KELe0s8wN0lCrgTND5QHM2ME_7fbwGc2XFnpaU8dMvn7T5CJVZ0x9ytd3Jbj793sJJoBEoYWg5lfZ8svrOkJ9CahdHBQcXh4xEWcJ9SRX-IbMKF22Z6kNAH4LKTLa5kvGX4et-aQ8kDxSXnPKM7gzwsQwtvjxv4akQpkqnRo_8yx2u2ozmYCZXTk01B86ZsqKjKPtANu68XFiUsH94ayAVCMgJjyZN2NKd3X8I7cx0xfjEn0oYXp6Emp7ai7tqUJdF2q7N0zcgIcZtk0=w1635-h919-no

Last edited:
  • Started on Pole
  • Fastest Lap
  • I believe I got a clean race bonus despite abusing the second chicane twice
  • Then gets called out at the end of the race for being dirty despite getting a Blue SR rating at the end and majority having a Red SR
  • First win with the Veyron after failures in previous Monza Group 4 dailies
  • DR B and SR B if anyone is curious

Annoyingly I never kept track of like win to race ratio until recently and now wondered if I kept this record right from the beginning!

But I managed to get my 100th win in my 400th race I sport mode
1 in 4 ain’t bad

And I have now just finished my 500th race also a victory this one being my 125th win
Still keeping up with my 1 in 4 ratio!

And also that win was from my 69th pole aha.
158th fastest lap
Now done 20k miles too in 200 hours of driving!

Only target now is to hit 70k dr been floating between 66k-68k
And 4K more miles
Maybe 100 poles but I’m crap at doing hot laps so that won’t happen for a while

I was hoping to win somewhere new for my 20th win (I came so close multiple times at BMB infield A), but is it really anymore fitting that I got it here?

PS_Messages_20180426_082829.jpg

My 20th career sport mode win is also my 14th career sport mode win at Interlagos and my third career sport mode win in Gr1. The other two came at Suzuka and Interlagos respectively. Very happy to get the win here, but I really need to add diversity to my win list.

Screenshot_20180426-083251_ColorNote.jpg

Finally I got my second account after 104 races and 40 wins to the DR/S Level,too.

...ähm sorry, I meant DR/A+ level of course :dopey:

The past few days I made some races with first and esspecially second account and was always in the front positions, but didn't gain really much DR, because there are to few A+ or A Drivers in the dailys. I guess they go more to the FIA- races recently.

Yesterday I finished the C-race in second place and still lost 170 DR!!! Because the winner was DR/E and the rest DR/D!

Now you can ask, how I could lose against a DR/E - Driver? Answer is quite simple: he was an alien (second in the top-ten leaderboard), who was building up his new account :dunce:

Precision braking in the FIA race got me a position on the last lap. Would make Danny Ric himself proud. It wasn't planned and I didn't see it coming, but it felt good to slot in there.

Back