Three Hundred Miles Per Hour

• Thread starter Dark Elite
  • 7,722 comments
Please refer to the Advanced Rules section at the bottom of this post before posting in this thread.
They apply to you.

I recently went out on a mission to break a huge barrier - Three Hundred MPH.

The car I selected was the Toyota 88C-V Race Car, a car I know very well, and I was quite sure that it was capable of this speed. Please note that I am talking here about a flat-out, no-holds-barred quest for speed. The means that I will do everything in my power to make this car exceed 300mph, which means that I will, if I need to, succumb to the option many, including myself, regard as cheating - Nitro.

So anyway, down to the Test Course we go.

At first I tested the car with the Stage Four Turbo fitted and the gears to Tranny-affected Auto 25. I left the downforce standard, but lowered the car's ride height as far as possible. I went out, with very sluggish acceleration, and reached around 260mph (can't remember exactly what I got). I knew that this far-short speed was due to the gears being too widely set.

So, I set the auto gear setting to 20 instead, and immediately felt a big kick in acceleration as I set off. The car went through the gears much faster (I still had it on AT) and this time reached about 265mph (again I cant remember exactly what it got to). I reduced the downforce to minimum front and rear, and gained a few precious mph that way. However, although this increased acceleration it didnt really do as much to the top speed as I hoped, so I increased the gear auto setting to 21.

Again, a slightly better result, so I followed up by increasing it some more. At auto setting 22 I reached 269mph (I think). So, keeping with the trend I put it up to 23 and reached....

268. Damn. Seems I had reached the limit the car's power could get me to, so increasing the gear ratio setting was going to get me nowhere. Having done nothing to the final drive as I knew I did not have enough power, I went down the only road to more power and fitted a nitro system.

I left everything as it was, including the gears, and went out again. I did nothing different until the final stretch where I let rip with the nitro. The car surged forward, the speedometer long since jammed at the max, and I crossed the line at a blazing 284mph. This speed, however, was down to the rev limiter. So, I brought the final drive down from 3.42x to 3.250.

Yet again I revved the 88C-V softly until the countdown cleared me and off I went. By the start of the corner I could tell I had found the real way to get the speed, as the car was accelerating much slower, but I didnt worry about acceleration largly due to the small canister of a certain combustible gas behind my seat... :) by the start of the final straight I had R1 pressed firmly down and the car was really off, blasting over the line at 289mph this time.

Certain I'd found the way forward, I played with the final drive until I had hit the ceiling again - across the line at 297mph. One of the most frustrating results I have ever had!

But, all was not lost. I had not missed the fact that my nitro was not all expended by the time I went across the line, so I shifted the balance of duration->power fifteen units in power's favour. Confidently, I shot a glance of contempt at the 297mph session record as I hit X over the Start option.

As I pulled away for what I was sure would be the last time, I felt no difference at all until the start of the home stretch, as expected. I pressed R1 down so hard it nearly disappeared into the shoulder of my DualShock2, and the engine screamed it's way to my target.

270mph, gone, 280, 285, 290, 295, nearing the limiter now... 297, 298, 299... two hundred and ninety-nine and holding as the car bounced, the rear tyres scrabbling for traction... THREE HUNDRED! YES! YES! YES!!!! I saw a breif flick of the digital 2 as it changed to a 3 and I was across the line!

I saw it appear on my screen, with a shout of elation, 300.65 miles per hour. I had done it. I had taken a sixteen-year-old Group C race car all the way to the three hundred mile per hour mark and crossed it. Grinning ear to ear, I took the attached photo to prove the speed I'd reached.

Although I have stopped trying for speed in this car now I've hit my ultimate target, I have no doubt that it can do more if pushed hard enough. And I also believe that it is not the sole member of the select group of cars from this game that can exceed 300mph. So now I form the Three Hundred Mile Per Hour club, the megacar group from GT4. Note that no rules apply as far as tuning goes, except using the wheelie glitch from GT3, just use any means of modification to make your car do the big three-zero-zero. This is my first settings/race report, so any critical advice is welcome. Still more welcome are your stories of how you got your car to hit this massive speed, so that the Three Hundred Mile Per Hour Club can grow to show the kings of speed and their, well not drivers, but pilots!

EDIT 14/10/05 - Rule 1 adjusted 19/02/06 & 04/06/06 & made more specific 20/10/06 :: Rule 2 adjusted 10/06/06 :: Rules 1 & 2 adjusted 12/08/06 :: Rules reformatted 20/10/06 :: Rule 1.2 reworded 24/12/06 :: Rule 1.2 made more specific 09/01/06 :: Rule 1 reworded 07/04/07
The Rac3rX Section - Advanced Rules
  • 1. All speeds must be proven
    -1.1 All speeds must be proven by photograph of the Session Record screen showing your maximum speed in miles per hour to go onto the Leaderboard.
    -1.2 All class-record-breaking speeds (Hall of Fame records) and any speed of 350.00mph or greater must be proven by video replay, including Session Record display recorded directly before and/or after the run replay.
    -1.3 Video proof can be requested for any particular speed which is suspected of breaking any rule(s).
    -1.4 All types of proof should be posted by you in this thread.
  • 2. At no point in your run must any of the car's wheels leave the ground. At no point in your run must your car make contact with any barrier, visible or invisible.
  • 3. All speed runs must be made at the Test Course in Max Speed Test mode.
  • 4. You must not at any point in your top speed attempt travel backwards around the course.
  • 5. Nitrous is allowed where available.
  • 6. Whether a car is catagorised as road or racing class is usually very clear, however in some situations it is not. My decision is final when there is doubt on this.
  • 7. No cheat systems or cheat codes are allowed.
  • 8. You may share settings in this thread if you wish, however nobody can force you to do so.
  • 9. Please act with courtesy and respect at all times

The Three Hundred Mile Per Hour Leaderboard

EDIT 03/06/2006 - Note placed at top of post & Leaderboard link added.

EDIT 12/02/2007
Please do not PM or email me regarding 300mph Club membership - all you need to know is in this first post, and if you have any questions they should be posted here

EDIT 12/07/2007 - Notes edited

EDIT 26/07/2007 - Do not post speeds in kilometres per hour - they will not be accepted.

300mph_logo.png

The Three Hundred Mile Per Hour Club

DE

Do Red Bull X2011's count?

Oh yes.
More downforce=more drag=slower top speed.
The hard part is getting the car to do more than 340mph without the wheelie trick, you have to have the car just at the brink of the wheelie trick, and so there is almost no load on the front tires. A lot of testing is needed for that kind of speed.

GT4 is iffy about that. If you have your suspension set up properly, maxing it out will make you faster than minimizing it. At least for LMP/Group C cars.
I know what you're saying, I had a Minolta where if I got the front wheels to stay on the ground, but unload like it was trying to wheelie, it would go insanely fast.
On one of the runs it did it perfectly and I gained 20-30mph, but I couldn't replicate it again.

Hi Dark Elite! I just broke 300mph with my Toyota GT - ONE. Here's proof:

I know it is really slow for this car, but this is my first speed over 300mph and I don't know much about tuning. Can I join the club?

EDIT: ΟΚ, this one has a little backstory. When I first played GT4, I watched the intro with that beautiful Ford GT. As soon as I saw it, I knew that I HAD to get it. I finally found out how. I won the GTWC with the Toyota 7. A long time later, I figured that I couldn't just let the car that got me most of my wins (the 7) collect dust in my garage, so I took it out to try and get it in the club. A week of endless attempts resulted in this.

NOTE: I didn't take a photo of the Session Record screen because it said 305 (which was a wheelie). I then deleted the 305 speed from the rankings and took a photo of the 300.83 speed.

EDIT2: Improved my GT - ONE speed thanks to suspension tuning.

EDIT3: My first road car over 300mph!

EDIT4: Data has been corrupted... There goes all my progress... and my settings :(
P.S. I read and followed the rules. ;)

Last edited:
My max. speed with the Minolta Toyota 99C is 323.40MPH. I can't see any way to go faster without more nitrous. I have the fifth gear ratio set at 0.800, sixth at 0.650 and the final ratio currently at 3.375. I can get over 260MPH in fifth around the curve (Test Track), but run out of nitrous too soon.
P0728_150213.jpg

Last edited:
Oh great, someone posted. Now I don't have to edit my last post all the time :dopey:

On Sep 16 2012, my data got corrupted. After 362 days of GT4 collecting dust, I restarted it on Friday, Sep 13 2013. (:scared:) I quickly got myself a 3000GT '96 and got this as a result:

Yes, that's 311.09mph. Not even close to the record, but it's over 300, and that's what matters! :cheers:

~GT5Power

Last edited:
It almost wheelied on launch, but I kept it on the ground. The run is perfectly clean and I have video evidence too if needed. ;)

EDIT: I'm working on the Tommy kaira ZZII. So far it's at 324. I'm hoping to get it to 350, or as far as 380 (that's almost impossible though). I'll update every time I reach a milestone speed. Proof will be posted when I realise that I really can't push the thing any further.

EDIT2: Which appears to be now. I'll do some more runs and post a pic. Also, I got the GT-One to 303.73mph without the turbo :D Proof for both cars is being uploaded to imageshack.

~GT5Power

Last edited:
**Double post because edit doesn't give the option to attach**

Tommy kaira ZZ-II @ 322.54mph:

eo07.jpg

The GT-One without a turbo @ 303.73mph:

rvmt.jpg

Proof that the GT-One has no turbo (it says 815BHP):

rf2k.jpg

~GT5Power

Last edited:
Don't worry about reposts if it was three weeks(!) since the last post; if you'd simply edited your old post then most people (myself included) likely would never have noticed it had been changed.

That being said, I'm afraid your images are too small to be readable.

Latest Posts

Back