Three Hundred Miles Per Hour

• Thread starter Dark Elite
  • 7,722 comments
are you talking about the rx7 or the 3000gt? the 3000gt has got 871hp and the rx7 639hp. the 3000gt is hks-tuned and the rx7 is tuned by the first firm in the third row..... we will see

Ok....havnt been able to get a video of the zonda on a 300mph run yet however i found another car that can do the 300.

The bentley as i've got it tuned is a bit of beast to get round the corner smoothly but when it does get round nicely it goes like a rocket down that back straight. I tried lots of things to get it to stay stable but it now just bounces slowly which is a bit more controllable than the original rally car style oversteer that started when it started bouncing.
and im still trying on the saleen, but having problems getting it to go past 293!

(sorry about the picture quality but my camera doesnt like my tv)

hurngt - OK, well done with the Bentley. It's probably the most aerodynamic car in the game and so maybe has the potential to beat couttsey's 88C-V, but I flat-out will not set Bob on Le Mans to get it (I hope you didn't!) so it'll have to wait a while to get my attention.

DE

Right thats it, I'm inspired. After reading through this thread I might just have to join this quest.... and seeing as how the Viper isnt in the club yet I'll either try like a demon with that, or use anything that looks fast in my garage.
I'll be running on a budget though, in my GT4 save I'm not very rich.

the srt-10 viper couldn't do the 300mph sting. i've tried a lot because i'm a dodge-fan....maybe the gtsr or the gts-r. i will try it too with these cars. let's see who's the first!

my speeds:
viper gts 289,36mph
viper gtsr concept 280,75mph
viper gts-r 258,54mph

i think the normal gts has the most chances to make 300 but i'm not sure about it...

Sting, what viperpilot says is quite right, no Dodge so far has proved itself capable of the 300, they're just not aerodynamic enough and they top out too (well they're the problems I had). One car I can almost guarantee to give you your 300mph fix is the 88C-V.

viperpilot - Perhaps the Team Oreca Viper could do it, but again I think it won't be aerodynamic enough. If someone could give it a try let me know.

Lol Dark Elite no i didnt set bob on there for the full 24 hours......i wanted to try to do it all myself but ended up doing 9 hours and letting him do the rest :D And i agree about it being very aerodynamic but im not sure its capable of beating couttsey's 88c-v as it isnt a smooth driver......it makes the revs bounce even on flat ground so it doesnt gain speed easily.

Keep up the good work guys, I'm wondering what to tip into the fray. That Zonda made me smile as fastest road car :) At least it's good for something...

Incidentally, I notice there are some poor people on this thread (Sting, DE) :grumpy: , so I'd like to point out a get rich quick scheme that I came across somewhere: win Schwarzwald Liga A (Eurotrash Hall), use prize car to win Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft (aka German Touring Car Champ). This gives you £15,000 per race, £75,000 for the champ, and a £750,000 car!!!. That's £900,000 if you win all the races!!! Result.

I would hate to see your vital work stifled by lack of funds... :)

I'm taking a break from the Chappy 2D. While I did get it up to 295.72 MPH today, it's starting to piss me off as I've put so many miles on it (1,291.6 Miles) that it wore out and I need a new one. It's not as though I need the money, I have $20 mil. It's that I don't want to transfer all of the sttings. Therefore, my goal reverts to the Gillet Vertigo. (Current High: 297.41 MPH)
Question: If we have made 300 with a car already used, does it count?

hurngt - OK, thank god for that or I may have had to eject you from the club for 'exploitation of Bob'! Hey, if you think the Bentley's unstable at 300 you should drive the 88C-V at 330... It's a little bit on the wild side, as I know from trying to wrestle it into an actual straight line! Maybe if you fiddle with the Bentley's settings you can stop the rev-bouncing, or what I call the Churchill Effect (you know, the nodding dog :lol: )
My 88C-V has a chronic case of the Churchill Effect but it still does 330mph, so it's not that bad!

Hello FastEddie12. Hey, there is one other thing the Zonda's good for. Go to Tsukuba (free run) in it with your wheel (not the same with a DS2), turn the traction control off and the TV's volume to maximum. :D:D:D THAT'S WHAT IT'S GOOD FOR! :D:D:D
Oh, and as regards the DTM-Spamming thing, I knew that one but thanks for pointing it out. Most people B-Spec it, but if you make it reasonably fair (I use a nearly-stock Astra Tourer) it can be really good fun A-Spec all the way, and much more rewarding. It's probably the best moneymaker in the game anyway.
By the sounds of it you're not one of us poor guys (I only got 900K :grumpy: ), so why not try the Pescarolo '03, nobody's tried that yet and it will be able to do it.

Toronado... That's a shame. I would disagree that you need a new one though, my 88C-V has >1,000 miles on it and still does 330 if you kick it hard enough :) One thing to remember is DO NOT, repeat DO NOT get the body rigidity refresher OR the rollbar, both will slow her down. Why not try R1s in a last-ditch attempt?
Remember what your sig says, you'll not get the Gillet there without nitrous!

DE

i don't think the oreca-viper can do it, maybe with good luck the gts...... i've tried them all because i have them all (all vipers). i'm searching for a new roadcar to make 300. i'll let you know if i found something which could make it.....

Dark Elite
Hello FastEddie12. Hey, there is one other thing the Zonda's good for. Go to Tsukuba (free run) in it with your wheel (not the same with a DS2), turn the traction control off and the TV's volume to maximum. :D:D:D THAT'S WHAT IT'S GOOD FOR! :D:D:D

By the sounds of it you're not one of us poor guys (I only got 900K :grumpy: ), so why not try the Pescarolo '03, nobody's tried that yet and it will be able to do it.

DE

"Nice one Centurion, like it"

Just at the moment I'm saving my money for when the infamous Black beauties (Dan Dan Dan Daaaaa) turn up again, but I quite fancy the Jag XJR-9. What I really want to find is some obscure road car. We'll see. It's on the things to do list.

5 minutes later

This is harder than you'd think, isn't it? Just did a dry run with the GT-one (It was sitting there with a paid for 1100 bhp saying "Ride me baby"), bought the NOS and got what must be the standard first run 288.3mph. Looks like a job for saturday afternoon to me...

Hey guys sry i havent been on lately. Still no luck with the 1998 vr-4 oil changed and all the goodies. Anyone else beat 286 with one? If u look in the drift forum then go to thumbnails. page 61 u can see my great skills... I think i suck at drifting but its kinda fun and time consuming. Im thinking about trying the dodge charger super bee hemi thing. Im sorry but i let bob when that one for me. I only have 2 more endurance races left and half of extreme hall and tons of driving missions/special condition events. Is there anyway to trade a chunk of ur data to the same memory card as the one with all the stuff saved? im going to try what i can so TTYL.

i hit 304 and some change in the toyota 88cv minolta, all i did was slam it adjust the trans all the way out, and bring the final down some....then i used the spray at 260 on the back stretch and managed to max out at 304 and the change....i guess ive made it to the 300mph club...im just not the fastest....yet.. :)

Dark Elite
I recently went out on a mission to break a huge barrier - Three Hundred MPH.

The car I selected was the Toyota 88C-V Race Car, a car I know very well, and I was quite sure that it was capable of this speed. Please note that I am talking here about a flat-out, no-holds-barred quest for speed. The means that I will do everything in my power to make this car exceed 300mph, which means that I will, if I need to, succumb to the option many, including myself, regard as cheating - Nitro.

So anyway, down to the Test Course we go.

At first I tested the car with the Stage Four Turbo fitted and the gears to Tranny-affected Auto 25. I left the downforce standard, but lowered the car's ride height as far as possible. I went out, with very sluggish acceleration, and reached around 260mph (can't remember exactly what I got). I knew that this far-short speed was due to the gears being too widely set.

So, I set the auto gear setting to 20 instead, and immediately felt a big kick in acceleration as I set off. The car went through the gears much faster (I still had it on AT) and this time reached about 265mph (again I cant remember exactly what it got to). I reduced the downforce to minimum front and rear, and gained a few precious mph that way. However, although this increased acceleration it didnt really do as much to the top speed as I hoped, so I increased the gear auto setting to 21.

Again, a slightly better result, so I followed up by increasing it some more. At auto setting 22 I reached 269mph (I think). So, keeping with the trend I put it up to 23 and reached....

268. Damn. Seems I had reached the limit the car's power could get me to, so increasing the gear ratio setting was going to get me nowhere. Having done nothing to the final drive as I knew I did not have enough power, I went down the only road to more power and fitted a nitro system.

I left everything as it was, including the gears, and went out again. I did nothing different until the final stretch where I let rip with the nitro. The car surged forward, the speedometer long since jammed at the max, and I crossed the line at a blazing 284mph. This speed, however, was down to the rev limiter. So, I brought the final drive down from 3.42x to 3.250.

Yet again I revved the 88C-V softly until the countdown cleared me and off I went. By the start of the corner I could tell I had found the real way to get the speed, as the car was accelerating much slower, but I didnt worry about acceleration largly due to the small canister of a certain combustible gas behind my seat... :) by the start of the final straight I had R1 pressed firmly down and the car was really off, blasting over the line at 289mph this time.

Certain I'd found the way forward, I played with the final drive until I had hit the ceiling again - across the line at 297mph. One of the most frustrating results I have ever had!

But, all was not lost. I had not missed the fact that my nitro was not all expended by the time I went across the line, so I shifted the balance of duration->power fifteen units in power's favour. Confidently, I shot a glance of contempt at the 297mph session record as I hit X over the Start option.

As I pulled away for what I was sure would be the last time, I felt no difference at all until the start of the home stretch, as expected. I pressed R1 down so hard it nearly disappeared into the shoulder of my DualShock2, and the engine screamed it's way to my target.

270mph, gone, 280, 285, 290, 295, nearing the limiter now... 297, 298, 299... two hundred and ninety-nine and holding as the car bounced, the rear tyres scrabbling for traction... THREE HUNDRED! YES! YES! YES!!!! I saw a breif flick of the digital 2 as it changed to a 3 and I was across the line!

I saw it appear on my screen, with a shout of elation, 300.65 miles per hour. I had done it. I had taken a sixteen-year-old Group C race car all the way to the three hundred mile per hour mark and crossed it. Grinning ear to ear, I took the attached photo to prove the speed I'd reached.

Although I have stopped trying for speed in this car now I've hit my ultimate target, I have no doubt that it can do more if pushed hard enough. And I also believe that it is not the sole member of the select group of cars from this game that can exceed 300mph. So now I form the Three Hundred Mile Per Hour club, the megacar group from GT4. Note that no rules apply as far as tuning goes, except using the wheelie glitch from GT3, just use any means of modification to make your car do the big three-zero-zero. This is my first settings/race report, so any critical advice is welcome. Still more welcome are your stories of how you got your car to hit this massive speed, so that the Three Hundred Mile Per Hour Club can grow to show the kings of speed and their, well not drivers, but pilots!

DE.
You want to try the TVR Speed 12 ive got that to 302mph, only problem is getting the car to the the quarter mile fast as its initial acceleration is slow cos of massive wheel spin, i get 60mph in 5 secs and this car should do it in 3 and have a fast quarter mile time, i got the quarter mile in 11 secs, i reckon it should be about 9 or even 8 with this car, anyone know a setup or owt to stop its standing start wheelspin.

Niged1
anyone know a setup or owt to stop its standing start wheelspin.

Put the TSC on 1.

Look, we've all read the opening post, it's the first thing you do when you find an interesting new thread, no need to quote the whole darn thing. Delete most of it and leave any relevant questions etc that you're going to answer.

You don't have to be a tree surgeon to work this stuff out!!! :dunce:

Right, enough ranting already.

Gonna need some help here, please. :)

Spent this morning trying to get the VW Nardo up to the magic number. I could have sworn s.o. had mentioned this little puppy ("can't be done" kind of thing), but could not for the life of me find a post about it.

1st run,with stage 3, nitrous, lowered ride height, 275mph. Hmm

Checked through the spec, found it had a rear downforce value of 25, dropped that to min (15). It definitely had plenty to come but was short of room, and was accelerating all through the bend. So next time I turned round on the startline to give myself a longer run up. 288.97mph

Then I remembered that I had not done an oil change. Some of you may know this, but even a brand new car gains 5% after an oil change ;) . Result? 913 bhp, 293.18mph. For this run I also zeroed the camber to try to reduce the rolling res., NOS set at 45 (as before), final drive 2.900, Auto setup max, and I was applying the NOS at the pair of trees on the left just before you reach the straight.

I then spent a couple of runs varying the NOS setting, and found that the amount of power was more important than the duration, and ended up with it set at 50, which gave me 295.35. By this time I was crossing the startline @ 247mph, and applying the NOS about halfway between the trees and the actual straight, ending the run with just 1 bar on the guage.

Next I gave the car the full house suspension, allowing me to drop the car another 25mm for a scant 0.3mph gain :banghead:

This is where it gets interesting

I now looked at the power curve. The theory is that at max speed you should be at the peak of the power curve: in this case 7000rpm. In reality you should be a little past it as you need the peak power to get you up there. Or something. Now at the end of the straight I was deep into the red at maybe 8600, and according to the power curve some way BELOW max power as there was a big drop off after 7000 rpm. So I played around with the gearing. I wanted 5th to be where 6th was, and 6th to put the revs plum into the peak area at the gear change.

I ended up with a 2.600 final drive ratio, and it worked. Top speed 298.59mph :odd: , changing gear in the tunnel @ 270mph. But at the end of the straight, it's still accelerating nicely, so there IS more to come.

Any technique tips? I'm running N3s front and N2 rears. Need the grip to prevent understeer on the banking.

VW nardo concept

first off, i just got this car this morning....and the first thing i decided to do was oil change and load this puppy out with extras,stage 3 na tune up and a bottle of spray with some SH racing tires...,then i dropped in a racing suspension, and off to the track i went....

i decided i wanted to make my first setup attempt my one and only...so my game plan was to make 5th gear 6th, and to make 6th impossible to get to without nos... i leaned the trans out with the suto feature to 25, and adjusted the 6th to .720, and then the final to 3.065, then minimized all my down force...and lowered the car all the way....the result....was a 290.0, beleive it or not....first run....with failure to make 6th impossible to reach....

i then went back to the drawing bored.....and decided to bring the 6th gear to .723, i then started my secound run and this time...as the guy before me had done...backed up from the starting line to get a longer run....the result of all that was a 290.34 mph run....

back to the drawing board yet again, this time i adjusted the final out to 3.610, and took all the camber to 0.0....then went back for my 3rd run, except this time...rather than improving...it appeared i had only shot my self in the foor with a dissapointing run of only 275.17,

so this time i knew i had brought the final far, so i took it down to 3.490....and went back to the track...yet again....hoping to not have yet another dissapointment, and like i had done on the secound run, i decided to back up from the line,yet again, dissapoint ment....284.87, better than last run yes...so i knew i was makin some improvment...

this time i reverted back to my original settings, but altered them slightly...i adjusteed the final to 3.062 and 6th to .715 and then went to the track yet again, keeping with the better of the paterns i decided to back off the line yet again, and decided that this time i wouls start using the spray at the apex of the turn as compared to the end of the turn as i had been doing for the last few times...sadly i topped out at 288.5,

next i altered 6th to .710, and also i decided this time to alter 5th to .944, yet again went to the track and backed off the line for a better run,this time, maxing out at 290.82 ugghhhh!!! it began to iritate me

so back to the settings i went.....and this time i made 5th .914 , 6th .691 and the final3.058, and went back yet again....ready to be defeated yet once again....288.39 was the verdict this time...and i got utterly disqusted....so this time i decided to alter 4th as well as the final, i made 4th 1.233 and adjusted the final to 2.944, and yet again got ready for defeat,

backed of the line nailed it and shot down the straight, through the first turn at 250 in 5th gear, and down the back stretch to a dissapointing 289.89....thats all i could take...i decided to give up on the nardo right then, i do not beleive this car can hit 300....if anyone manages to, please list your settings...id like to see this thing do 300 i just dont beleive i have what it takes to make it do 300....i will be experimewnting with other cars for a while....ill post if i have any luck....

Lowizle

i have currently tried to hit 300 with the nissian gtr concept lm race car with minium down for, no camber, stage 4 turbo, nos, and a wide variety of gear ratios...i cant seem to get it above 263, if any body has any suggestions they would be appreciated

I'm very sorry everyone, I've been in Wales at a race meeting again so sorry for the lack of usual replies on my part. OK, now let's fight through the backlog so everyone knows my opinion... ;)

Niged1, please do not do that. Absolutely everybody has read the first post and it's very clear that you have not read the topic, so your post got us nowhere.

FastEddie12, you're proving a valuable person to have on the 300MPHC Team! The Nardo is a car I have lying around in a dark corner of my garage somewhere... I thought it possible but didn't bother with it because it's German and I have a cynical opposition to Germans (two world wars and a world cup thank you very much), but OK if you want to try. I too have found massive annoyance in how little the ride height matters... But if you switch to R2s and 3s then you should be able to gain the tiny 2mph you need!
Maybe we'll have a new slowest member (Currently my 787B at 300.03!)

Driftnewb110, well done! Tell us what car were you in, how many attempts did it take, and if you don't mind maybe some settings :sly:

Lowizle, Good writeup (proofread it tho LOL). Your setting adjustments aren't what's at fault, more what you're missing out with them. I won't go into too much detail for the sake of preserving myself as No.2 Fastest in the World next to couttsey (*shakes fist*), but tinker around and you might do it. A car that can do 298mph will most certainly do 300. Most confident thing I've said so far now is that it will do it. And I will go off and try it now ;)!
As for the GT-R, good luck to you because (I hate myself for saying this) the Skyline is just not aerodynamic enough for this kind of speed. My R33 road car got to about 270mph but no more.

Oh yeah, Toronado? Where are you? What about the 2D and it's painful ascent to the mark?

DE

lowizle
VW nardo concept

... and then the final to 3.065, ....the result....was a 290.0, beleive it or not
back to the drawing board yet again, this time i adjusted the final out to 3.610, .....with a dissapointing run of only 275.17,

so i took it down to 3.490........284.87, better than last run yes...so i knew i was makin some improvment...

next i altered 6th to .710, and also i decided this time to alter 5th to .944, yet again went to the track and backed off the line for a better run,this time, maxing out at 290.82 ugghhhh!!! it began to iritate me
Lowizle

Mate, I think you're working back to front on your final drive ratio: The lower the number, the HIGHER the gearing.
Next time, take a careful look at what happens at the end of the run (on the replay). What revs are you getting for your 290mph? if it's deep into the red, say 8500, you need taller gearing (ie LOWER number for the final drive ratio). Otherwise you'll hit the limiter before you hit 300, for a start.

Secondly, in setup, press the start button and take a careful look at the power curve. See how it tails away after 7000 rpm? From about 7500 on you are making SIGNIFICANTLY less power than you were at 7000. When I got my 298.5mph, the needle was at 7500rpm and I was still accelerating. And I was running a 2.600 final drive! (6th 0.790).

My problem is that I keep running out of room. I'm hitting the NOS @255mph on the banking and by the end of the straight I'm @298 but I haven't peaked. :banghead:To get my exact gear settings, press default , then put the auto setting to 25, then adjust the final drive to 2.600 (the order you do this does matter).

DE, you reckon race tyres? The difference in rolling resistance between sports and road tyres was noticeable, I was pulling much better on road tyres. Trouble was cornering speed on the banking dropped massively. Any help appreciated. Oh dear, I seem to have lost my sense of humour. I'm sure it was here somewhere...

PS before I started on the Nardo I did a 307 run in the GT-One, but it was toooo easy. Please hold my membership for the Nardo. Ed

Dark Elite
Oh yeah, Toronado? Where are you? What about the 2D and it's painful ascent to the mark?

DE
After some fiddling with the gearing (final drive mostly) and stiffening the stabalizers, the 2D went an honest to goodness 297.31 MPH. If I was to zero the camber it could do more...

Toronado
After some fiddling with the gearing (final drive mostly) and stiffening the stabalizers, the 2D went an honest to goodness 297.31 MPH. If I was to zero the camber it could do more...

Curses, Moriarty, I was hoping to have the record for the oldest car. They say that car is worth 280 without nitrous. Maybe go back a couple of laps, get it up to 280 on one straight without NOS, then hit the NOS on the next one?

It would be a great car to have up there. I'm earning money for the Black Beauties at the moment (they're coming, they're coming), so I'm not joining in again until I have at least £10,000,000. :grumpy:

Good luck!! 👍

ill do that DE, but did you see my post about hitting 300 with the minotla? i actually went a bit quicker than that....but um, as much as i want in this club...ima have to say the same as fast eddie...hold my member ship for ither the nardo, or the gtr concept....i am bound and determined to break it with both....

lowizle
ill do that DE, but did you see my post about hitting 300 with the minotla? i actually went a bit quicker than that....but um, as much as i want in this club...ima have to say the same as fast eddie...hold my member ship for ither the nardo, or the gtr concept....i am bound and determined to break it with both....
Good man!! Have a good look at what I'm saying up there :) Good luck!

im back at it with the nardo, thanks go to fast eddie for some advice....my first new run ended with a 290.93, my best yet, but i hit the nos a little late,i decided to make some changes to the gears a bit....so i changed the final to 2.630, and back to the track i go...

BAck at the track i backed off the line, a 290.0, i ran out of nos, i beleived my trans was far out...so i decided to bring the final to 2.640, and headed to the track yet again, this time a 294.09, i was making progress with my theory on the gears, so i decided to take the final to 2.650, and then went to the track yet again,this time i hit 294.51, slightly better,

so back in the settings i went, this time the final went to 2.660(keeping with my pattern, of course) and i brought the rear of the car back down to minimum, i had been running it set 5 mm higher than the front...in hopes of traction, whethjer it worked or not is beyond me, but i dont care, this car was going to hit 300...one way or another...the result.... a 294.72,it was gettin there...so this time i decided to break the pattern i was using and adjust the final to 2.680...with that i went back to the track

this time at the track i felt i would hit 295 or 296, so as the countdown hit 1 i floored it, confident in my settings...this time a 294.85, man im dissapointed...so now the final went to 2.700, and i hoped i hadnt cut my self short.... :ill: this time i managed a 294.89, big improvemnet huh? :banghead: , it was time to take a break, ill update as to what happend after my break later...

Oooh The race is on. I'm in the Nardo as well. Got a little theory about my 5th gear I've now pushed that up to 0.925, in an attempt to max in 5th withOUT NOS before pushing the big red button... I'm running a 2.550 final drive, and 6th is 0.790 still.

I'm now going back down the track more than a lap, getting upto 255 on the front straight, pushing up to 259 on the banking, then getting up to 264 on the back straight. All I need is 1.5 goddam mph...

On the banking behind the start-finish line speed is scrubbed from 264 down to 261 before I hit the big red button. Will it be enough?

NO IT BLOODY WON'T, 299.54MPH, WHAT KIND OF A SPEED IS THAT???

But wait. What's this? Power 900bhp????

I've done so many miles it's time for another oil change! NNnnghh :banghead:

Roll credits Tune in next time folks for your gripping instalment of Nardo, a race to the death. (or something...)

I think that an "ultimate car" would be one that not only reaches a 300 top-speed but also accelerate fast. I think someone should aim for a max speed and a great acceleration time.

Back