Thrustmaster Reveals PS4-Only BT LED Display Unit

I actually came close to buying this. With its limited support just did not feel the need to shell out 280 dollars.

I do wish it worked on all racing games I have but it does not :(

I wouldn’t shell out 280 dollars either when there are e-tailers listing it for 169 US Dollars.

I paid €140 for mine and I have to say that I do like it ... saying that I think it’s capable of doing more that not does for certain games and it also annoys me that it doesn’t support Assetto corsa , GTSport or Dirt Rally.
Hopefully some firmware updates down the line all of my dislikes will be remedied, time will tell.

I paid €140 for mine and I have to say that I do like it ... saying that I think it’s capable of doing more that not does for certain games and it also annoys me that it doesn’t support Assetto corsa , GTSport or Dirt Rally.
Hopefully some firmware updates down the line all of my dislikes will be remedied, time will tell.
Jeez, what you mean don`t support those 3 titles? What support then? F1 2017 and Driveclub? Absolute waste of money then...

I saw it supports at least Project CARS 2... The thing that amazed me is the fact that you can bolt it only on TS-PC rim and TS-PC is PC only wheel and the rim is not for sale separately....the display is PS4 only....where is the logic of this?

At the moment I use it on Dirt 4, Wrc 7,F1 and Project cars 2. I have a driving rig set up so I use a clip on phone mount and position it just above the base of the T300 I’ll post a photo later, for me personally fixing it to a wheel makes the display far too close.

I can agree on that. I had it to the wheel, but that is not convenient at all.

It amazes me that still the support in games is so low. PC2 does not use the blue lights. GT sport, not supported. Both games had the chance via updates.

I think to be fair the support issue is the other way around. Assetto Corsa does not support the LED unit rather than the LED unit not supporting Assetto Corsa. The only people who can fix this are the game devs.

I like mine. It cleans up the screen for me and the led lights are much much brighter then any IOS or Android app, which was my primary complaint with such cellphone/tablet solutions. I am lucky to have a separate ts-pc racer rim, but I agree alternatively finding a location for the device can be awkward. I like it on the TS-pc rim and after a while you will see the shiftlights and rev counter in your peripheral view. With other rims I place it on top of the base with velcro. I do need to mention I have my base tilted forward in my setup so the display is viewable just above the rim in my rig.
Would be great if TM would design something to hardmount it to any TM wheelbase.

I suspect (or hope) the BT tech is a testcase for future wheel rims with integrated Displays. For perhaps a new Ferrari F1 rim? Or something in that ballpark. Any PC version would probably require a Dongle to communicate.

Fanatec has been working on a similar solution for the Podium series DD wheel. A wireless communication solution for the wheel so the base wont require a slipring which will simplify the design and perhaps lower cost for production.

It is possible to be done, but as it is PS4 device with PS4 licence - I believe easier will some dev to make small app that takes data from sims and tranfer it to BT with same parameters as PS4 did. There is no difference between PC and PS4 sims output data. For example you can your android racing dash apps with PS4,too.

Btw, someone of you that have can you check to connect it with pairing procedure to the PC and say what happens. Also then you connect it with the USB - it shows like some device or the USB plug have only power function, but I think it is not only for power, because there you will update the firmware I think.

Mine showed the other day. Nifty gadget, I like it. Only issue, and I’m not surprised, is mounting it on my rig/wheel.

There’s really no good place to mount in arms reach other than on the front of my TV/monitor with some Velcro, and the little bulge on the back may make this challenging.

It has a couple good anti-slip rubber strips on the base, but there’s really no point in having them unless you are racing from a desk.

And the LED’s are bright. No kidding. The dimmest setting is plenty bright enough for my needs.

Once I get it mounted I’ll post a picture.

No picture yet, but I’ve used this device on WRC7, DiRT 4, and Gravel.

WRC7:

Works as intended excpet the timer. It started out fine, but now it's stuck on some random number. Not sure how to reset/fix it.

DiRT 4:

Works well. The device goes into sleep mode when not actually racing. No big deal except the only way to adjust the brightness is when you’re driving which is inconvenient.

Gravel:

This game has more functions available and no issues or concerns. The word ‘Gravel’ scrolls across the display when in the menus or not racing.

Haven’t tried PC2 or F1 2017 yet, but I’m guessing the unit will prove it’s most useful in F1 2017.

Back