Thrustmaster Reveals PS4-Only BT LED Display Unit

Figured I would take a video of what I run with - it is just the free version of Rash Dash on an iphone 4s .. the sound is low because it was very early and going through my headphones. The only thing I would rather have is the LED light bar but when I try to simulate those with the app it does not get the desired affect for me so I use the full screen flash shift light at 95%. You can compare to the info on screen for how responsive it is. My TV's rated latency/input lag is 15ms so I would say the app is keeping up pretty well.

My TV is a 49" TCL s405 at max brightness for HDR (cheep $300 tv though so not all that bright) and my room is dark. But you can still see the iphone 4s and it's brightness I had to turn down to about 60% because it was too bright.

Figured I would take a video of what I run with - it is just the free version of Rash Dash on an iphone 4s .. the sound is low because it was very early and going through my headphones. The only thing I would rather have is the LED light bar but when I try to simulate those with the app it does not get the desired affect for me so I use the full screen flash shift light at 95%. You can compare to the info on screen for how responsive it is. My TV's rated latency/input lag is 15ms so I would say the app is keeping up pretty well.

My TV is a 49" TCL s405 at max brightness for HDR (cheep $300 tv though so not all that bright) and my room is dark. But you can still see the iphone 4s and it's brightness I had to turn down to about 60% because it was too bright.

Thanks for the vid. The problem for me is not in a dark room, but a lit room. I used the same app for a while too. The app just didn’t do it for me. Buying an OLED phone just to use it as dash display would make it even more expensive then the dash app. Also the app only works with UDP supported games.

I received the display today and it’s a bit larger then I expected, but the display does exactly what I wanted. The rev light are bright which helps me to see them in my peripheral view. Mounting without the Tm open wheel is a bit difficult for my setup, but found it best to just set it up near my tv like the vid @Spitfire77 just posted. I’m still hoping TM will introduce an alternative mounting option in the near future, because sadly the display doesn’t fit in the 599 or T-GT rim.

Thanks for the vid. The problem for me is not in a dark room, but a lit room. I used the same app for a while too. The app just didn’t do it for me. Buying an OLED phone just to use it as dash display would make it even more expensive then the dash app. Also the app only works with UDP supported games.

I received the display today and it’s a bit larger then I expected, but the display does exactly what I wanted. The rev light are bright which helps me to see them in my peripheral view. Mounting without the Tm open wheel is a bit difficult for my setup, but found it best to just set it up near my tv like the vid @Spitfire77 just posted. I’m still hoping TM will introduce an alternative mounting option in the near future, because sadly the display doesn’t fit in the 599 or T-GT rim.

Does the T-GT have the easily removable front cover like the T300 and TX? The screws for it are where some people attached mounts for phones or actual LED devices.

ThrustmasterDisplay4.jpg

Last edited:
Does the T-GT have the easily removable front cover like the T300 and TX? The screws for it are where some people attached mounts for phones or actual LED devices.

ThrustmasterDisplay4.jpg
Having a quick look and without taking it apart, it appears to be the same. Great find 👍.

Last edited:

ThrustmasterDisplay4.jpg
I know that TM is going to release a dedicated TM racing clamp for the TSS handbrake in the summer of 2018... perhaps they might be working on a dedicated mounting device for the display?

Although my G25 does not have such holes by default, this gave me some good idea of doing something similar :cheers:

My mounting solutions:
View attachment 723752

The top one I velcroed the display on top so that it lines up exactly above the rim. In my line of sight it fits exactly below the front windshield.

View attachment 723753

It looks really cool mounted on the wheel. Would it fit into the 599 evo rim? The thing is, I have my setup so that I can see the on screen dash of the car through my wheel on PC2 , I think this would get in the way. The motec display on PC2 on some of the more modern cars has some vital info like fuel use per lap. It a nice device but I’m not sure I would benefit much from one... I still want one though.

My mounting solutions:
View attachment 723752

The top one I velcroed the display on top so that it lines up exactly above the rim. In my line of sight it fits exactly below the front windshield.

View attachment 723753
Looks great in the second pic, it doesn't look like an add on, looks part of the wheel. Not sure about the first pic but if that gives you the information where you need it then cool. Ever thought about pulling the TV closer and making it a little higher? Would increase your immersion I think.

Oh, and the big dude in the chair looks like he's had too many drinks :lol:

It looks really cool mounted on the wheel. Would it fit into the 599 evo rim? The thing is, I have my setup so that I can see the on screen dash of the car through my wheel on PC2 , I think this would get in the way. The motec display on PC2 on some of the more modern cars has some vital info like fuel use per lap. It a nice device but I’m not sure I would benefit much from one... I still want one though.

Sadly the bt display is too large to fit in the rim. Another option is to tie wrap it on the rim.
Don’t own the r383, but that one might be large enough. It also won’t fit in between the base and steering wheel with an mounting plate I think. The display is too thick and will block the paddle shifters. I own a T-GT which is a bit taller then other bases I think.
The functions are quite limited for Pcars2 (speed,gear and lap time), but I read that more will be added in a future update.

Looks great in the second pic, it doesn't look like an add on, looks part of the wheel. Not sure about the first pic but if that gives you the information where you need it then cool. Ever thought about pulling the TV closer and making it a little higher? Would increase your immersion I think.

Oh, and the big dude in the chair looks like he's had too many drinks :lol:
Need some company while I’m driving! :cheers:

While it looks cool on the rim. I actually prefer it on top of the base. That way the info is always in my line of sight. But I’m confident that most people will find a mounting solution that works for them.

The tv just seems far away because of the focal length (my camera phone) the tv actually lines up really well.

Last edited:
I don't think it's too large for the rim of my G25. I used 2 M3x40 m to attach it. I love it! For the price Thrustmaster could have added a coil micro usb cable though.

312tazzA8IR7V-BJvCdShOG3d4Zl7uOw8pi90j8WfZ_AU3hukAw6zD9FMfh9gA-Y8cCuV9sIPUnhei-x6kp7Ttj_EloEc5dlyVaVEmqaqGC_TqB82nG7XtgFRqY5PA0Oz7_JoSurf8Qu5xZw67Hv_ft17J5Zb7d58t9nFl6gczWGNoj06_k5wMBd4nk9NjefylNkYeWFm7fBgarPkA-V_QGj8J7H7f-dk2kyKXXW_mK1gqYCnDKmCHbcbAHN7RtYioJdEEnT50dgvwZb--NCQ-ZPWm20cx_--xuyQECW6scU4HMXH5xk4W2ucj7juzaAKlfTJ2THoPvLWVhOhraoitl2LyfcvO3TOwyIXSYFh5rdKFMHKiQ_RGIN25wc7CT0Q8XHPRzJ9ShX5-udExliWQuRfV57_Eo6JwBB-HE__3udR0VLo3naAt69rDOV0bANes02jahlaWtnlnssrhcqnI1B7cEx2KJ9v04KcPu5Aiol7llRzm1ZBMYLXSb6ACYO1hrqYwFFiCzHqLuWPlXMl1h7NeKFPf0f_MjPWxL2Kha7Mb5Ci9A0cJFIyrkhmxrmbFWOuE4xZtxt-s-kyzLxAoX06k39KePo24oehtw=w585-h779-no

72FL9KxU-411Dsvuq5uaX8tUNtmud5z4tvrYvRYJbIKTn0eao0pmymDrZsVbfxblyrXtrsVTNourfPgs43kpsUDP00cyjpe2CXiGocsViYklcjNjWrcSXqHbexVZcSHD6yESsjKkJyfryZUCs8aYycSy7LqzAuuQqtscPF1ICC_I24kqhfCuVYG0bCRYxhTm87sz0O6tna1903KOJczAY-mEAAGUprSOoANofmh0LKjQePIKEAx8m_yXepQ4VEIOnfQz88qv_wth6wGvaYTudSEfOs8KzLW8CFG8Y0DoOqrtMfqNcheXuRQgnhUYUGmGxwfClEh9OywdYCCiH-lqt6IgEKabksehgg6ELw5bYDe6YPVqLqgXz-kBPr8kMh-qu6f5M6_Oe7X23px3xgesdlnGObIb3I2T5_RQ6-L9sxkTNFyEFI8fzj4FVeZZ5fdfeaYWO0j6COighgf4V1iLYH_Ug3huU-lHWQxW4fpM060EGjRrERezbeaTnnxoN4kgqnlmbAPP47g0_aC9BiZ7sGFcMW-7IbXYt1MvbkmOmgr42pncMOzz9gYpvCDl6aapPEDShjs-ZeMkna65dVa50cpGAb4rXHViGiVskwc=w585-h779-no

s1_PaAh6AXD1LEtiKyzyR4LRcP_27YICArqLpdKHZLE2xQJfGagnvVM_Ie4m_hHxRScANwSjTPKnKGYnCq0o8Q2GsZabvLj9KItfhEtsfmJ7G49_vc5EoEShd1N1BZoyg_nPOllFmsY5VHiIAI-uhu1Y8Nx7-EyfUQv7YEb-qmgKeW3suIzbbMgzxP_7hSNU3Evcj3xpDqB66kmCIFx3jvxsPhVSud02f4jivqyPF6213FyO5R1hHbHwQeoZ0sw0vuXCiizn5zlstEPG-goPE8Mgfgz0h_x70Aae7XKrZtthHTDXZIH7P5vO4ESONnt4J6okxAotKiPKSgBI5jU8BI4Y9G38xrNwEmUn_7PCXXuybv20Z84XTLFnFWW3eqrhSnGqcJMa3FsT7TtVHivln4e_mcA5S5HQFkkT7G3uZaQNf2UQ2uwW-NYE-HlvZTE1x-nUC9ipW-CHu0HM_9WJhStjQZN8GrITxqDwySJ2zecXouPu8vPLszdCv-V4WGypX3DL5flawZX7RRB6oMy3q_CHgi8H7LqEGHZ9JWqxEqz99y2YBfTuaQVnUky6GZTfMcpmuNIVY8Z_GKWD9UulUoFw2jHbNjMK6D8PBcQ=w1039-h779-no

Last edited:
I don't think it's too large for the rim of my G25. I used 2 M3x40 m to attach it. I love it! For the price Thrustmaster could have added a coil micro usb cable though.

312tazzA8IR7V-BJvCdShOG3d4Zl7uOw8pi90j8WfZ_AU3hukAw6zD9FMfh9gA-Y8cCuV9sIPUnhei-x6kp7Ttj_EloEc5dlyVaVEmqaqGC_TqB82nG7XtgFRqY5PA0Oz7_JoSurf8Qu5xZw67Hv_ft17J5Zb7d58t9nFl6gczWGNoj06_k5wMBd4nk9NjefylNkYeWFm7fBgarPkA-V_QGj8J7H7f-dk2kyKXXW_mK1gqYCnDKmCHbcbAHN7RtYioJdEEnT50dgvwZb--NCQ-ZPWm20cx_--xuyQECW6scU4HMXH5xk4W2ucj7juzaAKlfTJ2THoPvLWVhOhraoitl2LyfcvO3TOwyIXSYFh5rdKFMHKiQ_RGIN25wc7CT0Q8XHPRzJ9ShX5-udExliWQuRfV57_Eo6JwBB-HE__3udR0VLo3naAt69rDOV0bANes02jahlaWtnlnssrhcqnI1B7cEx2KJ9v04KcPu5Aiol7llRzm1ZBMYLXSb6ACYO1hrqYwFFiCzHqLuWPlXMl1h7NeKFPf0f_MjPWxL2Kha7Mb5Ci9A0cJFIyrkhmxrmbFWOuE4xZtxt-s-kyzLxAoX06k39KePo24oehtw=w585-h779-no

72FL9KxU-411Dsvuq5uaX8tUNtmud5z4tvrYvRYJbIKTn0eao0pmymDrZsVbfxblyrXtrsVTNourfPgs43kpsUDP00cyjpe2CXiGocsViYklcjNjWrcSXqHbexVZcSHD6yESsjKkJyfryZUCs8aYycSy7LqzAuuQqtscPF1ICC_I24kqhfCuVYG0bCRYxhTm87sz0O6tna1903KOJczAY-mEAAGUprSOoANofmh0LKjQePIKEAx8m_yXepQ4VEIOnfQz88qv_wth6wGvaYTudSEfOs8KzLW8CFG8Y0DoOqrtMfqNcheXuRQgnhUYUGmGxwfClEh9OywdYCCiH-lqt6IgEKabksehgg6ELw5bYDe6YPVqLqgXz-kBPr8kMh-qu6f5M6_Oe7X23px3xgesdlnGObIb3I2T5_RQ6-L9sxkTNFyEFI8fzj4FVeZZ5fdfeaYWO0j6COighgf4V1iLYH_Ug3huU-lHWQxW4fpM060EGjRrERezbeaTnnxoN4kgqnlmbAPP47g0_aC9BiZ7sGFcMW-7IbXYt1MvbkmOmgr42pncMOzz9gYpvCDl6aapPEDShjs-ZeMkna65dVa50cpGAb4rXHViGiVskwc=w585-h779-no

s1_PaAh6AXD1LEtiKyzyR4LRcP_27YICArqLpdKHZLE2xQJfGagnvVM_Ie4m_hHxRScANwSjTPKnKGYnCq0o8Q2GsZabvLj9KItfhEtsfmJ7G49_vc5EoEShd1N1BZoyg_nPOllFmsY5VHiIAI-uhu1Y8Nx7-EyfUQv7YEb-qmgKeW3suIzbbMgzxP_7hSNU3Evcj3xpDqB66kmCIFx3jvxsPhVSud02f4jivqyPF6213FyO5R1hHbHwQeoZ0sw0vuXCiizn5zlstEPG-goPE8Mgfgz0h_x70Aae7XKrZtthHTDXZIH7P5vO4ESONnt4J6okxAotKiPKSgBI5jU8BI4Y9G38xrNwEmUn_7PCXXuybv20Z84XTLFnFWW3eqrhSnGqcJMa3FsT7TtVHivln4e_mcA5S5HQFkkT7G3uZaQNf2UQ2uwW-NYE-HlvZTE1x-nUC9ipW-CHu0HM_9WJhStjQZN8GrITxqDwySJ2zecXouPu8vPLszdCv-V4WGypX3DL5flawZX7RRB6oMy3q_CHgi8H7LqEGHZ9JWqxEqz99y2YBfTuaQVnUky6GZTfMcpmuNIVY8Z_GKWD9UulUoFw2jHbNjMK6D8PBcQ=w1039-h779-no
Nice Rig! And still rocking an OG G25! Do those leds of the drivehub also work as rev lights? I found my favorite location is just above the rim in my line of sight. The flexibility of a wireless device really makes a difference. It is a bit thick though.

Im really hoping that GT sport is coming soon. Would be cool if you could use the MFD functions on the display. That way you can drive completely without HUD.

@PocketZeven , yes the leds on the Drivehub work as rev lights.

Your suggestion for the positioning was my initial thought also, but seeing how easy it can be fitted to a wheel, my choice was easy. But this is not something a lot of people will do I guess.

@PocketZeven , yes the leds on the Drivehub work as rev lights.

Your suggestion for the positioning was my initial thought also, but seeing how easy it can be fitted to a wheel, my choice was easy. But this is not something a lot of people will do I guess.
Could you post a pic of the back? Did you attach the those m3 with a wood/metal plate or large washers? Dont think you drilled them into the rim. Very usefull info for others who are interested in your solution!

@PocketZeven , I am not home now, so I cannot take pictures

But I indeed drilled 2 holes with a 3 mm drill. For attaching I use M3 x 40 and a M3 washer

The rest you can imagine

Now back to F1 qualifying

Go Max!!!!!!

For the one interested: The battery fits exactly in the cutout behind the thrustmaster plate of the TS-PC Racer rim / TM Open wheel rim. Remove the 2 longer and 2 shorter m3 screws. The longer M3 screws can be used to fasten the display to the rim. You dont need to remove the display from the rim to charge it.

Is there some fastening material included for mounting it on the base?

Can this be mounted on the Ferrari F1 rim??

Im thinking of picking up the Ferrari F1 rim along with this LED display.

Can this be mounted on the Ferrari F1 rim??

Im thinking of picking up the Ferrari F1 rim along with this LED display.
Not really sure but I think it is a bit too large. But using the F1 rim with the display on top of the wheelbase would also be a good combo!

Back