Thrustmaster Reveals PS4-Only BT LED Display Unit

I never liked those apps too. LED's are much brighter then a phonescreen. With my old G29 i Could always see the small shiftlights in my peripheral view. With those apps however I really needed to look at the screen directly everytime.

You know.. that makes me wonder. Could those apps use the flash on the phones/tablets? Then all you would need for a really effective and bright shift light is a small covered red light pipe to redirect the flash around to the front.

This display was already presented on the E3 in 2017, I'm surprised it took them so long to release it because from the outside it looks exactly the one from the E3.

Check from 1:54

Inputs
- 16 button / 8 rotary encoder inputs
- 6 rotary switch inputs
- 2 analog inputs with 10-bit (1024 steps) resolution each - ideal for potentiometer or hall sensor clutch paddles

With some simple plugins and software utilities you can configure the SLI-Pro to show your optimal rev shift point and extract all kinds of car information to display on the device including RPM, gear, speed, engine temperature, tyre pressures, lap time, lap delta...plus many, many more. You can also connect buttons, rotary encoders and rotary switches to the device to scroll through different information on the LED displays so you don't even have to take your hands off the wheel. The SLI-Pro is also a USB joystick interface so you can use buttons and switches for other functions within your simulator software, such as pit limiter or adjusting the brake bias without even installing any extra drivers. Just connect them up, plug the device into the PC and it will detect the buttons right away.

Pcars 2 is still limited, but F1 2017 has additional telemetry info:
85BB12ED-751F-4934-9CA1-C2E37E5FAE67.png

This display was already presented on the E3 in 2017, I'm surprised it took them so long to release it because from the outside it looks exactly the one from the E3.

Check from 1:54

Yep ISRTV also covered it at the time. I guess it had more to do with their busy release schedule then anything else. They released the TS-XW, T-GT, R383, Ferrari 250GTO rim, Ferrari 488 challenge, TSS Handbrake Sparco mod since then.

Last edited:
Pcars 2 is still limited, but F1 2017 has additional telemetry info:
View attachment 722749
Good to see there is the possibility of more functionality for games. Guess they are relying on the devs to provide more data. Still pales in comparison to the configurability of the SLi. You can configure just about anything you can think of. You can display all sorts of information on the left and right displays. How the rev lights display revs, how rev lights flash when pit limiter is on, what the warning LED’s display, traction control, blue flags or low fuel for example. I guess that is the one of the benefits of an open system compared to a closed system.

Still I guess we are a little spoiled on the PC side of things and I applaud thrustmaster for bringing this out. Hopefully it’s just the beginning and we see more games utilising it and adding functionality. I just think the price may scare a few people away which may mean it’s not successful in the long run. I hope I’m wrong though.

I like this thing. But shame only a few games are supported. I'd like to see Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally on the list too.
Ac does have UDP, there are a few apps available on iOS and Android. Not sure it would work properly with this though.

So does anybody got it yet? I am on the verge of buying. But will it work also with non Thrustmaster wheels? I guess it does, as you just register it with your ps4. I have a G25 via drivehub on the ps4.

Given the price, limited number of titles it supports and that I'm happy with UDP apps on my rig, this one gets a pass until Amazon start kicking it out cheaper in about six months or so.

I have an SLI Display that I use on PC in a similar position on my Fanatec wheel and it's no issue to see it through the gap.

5VIV6JB.jpg

FcmZb
The T300 base is taller than the fanatec and mounting this unit on top of the T300 would cause my Alcantara rim to obstruct it completely. Obviously this will depend on the indvidual as some have their wheel far lower than others for example and would be able to see "over" the wheel.

The T300 base is taller than the fanatec and mounting this unit on top of the T300 would cause my Alcantara rim to obstruct it completely. Obviously this will depend on the indvidual as some have their wheel far lower than others for example and would be able to see "over" the wheel.
My T-GT is even taller. I might post some pics for positioning options for the ones who are interested. I still have some velcro tape lying around to experiment in mounting it on my rig. Personally I will be probably mounting it on the TS-PC racer rim 90% of the time.

I am really liking the Thrustmaster releases this past half year. The really big thing missing is an official Loadcell (LC)mod or new pedals with LC. I have a third-party LC Mod and really cant imagine going back to the conical brake mod.

Sticking it onto your wheel base will indeed cause some visibility problems. I think I will make a structure from aluminium L profiles to position it just above the rim of my G25.

@PocketZeven , you seem to have the device already? What's your view on it?

Driveclub has no more updates though as far as I remember so fair to assume it will not support this device.

I am not sure, but I believe AC will also receive no more updates. The device is more usefull for cars with more then 4/5 gears in my opinion. With modern cars (up to 8+ gears) it is hard to keep track of which gear you are in without clear visual que sometimes.

Sticking it onto your wheel base will indeed cause some visibility problems. I think I will make a structure from aluminium L profiles to position it just above the rim of my G25.

@PocketZeven , you seem to have the device already? What's your view on it?

My order is being processed at the moment (thrustmaster shop). Hopefully if all goes well, I will receive it either tomorrow or wednesday.

I decided to give the dash apps one more try.. I found out my phone (Droid Turbo) and this cheap tablet that came with our vizio TV are a bit laggy as I have seen videos of people running the same apps that seem pretty much in sync with their game screen.

I dug around and found my wife's old iphone 4s and installed Race Dash. The free layout does exactly what I wanted. It shows the gear number and the screen will flash what every color I want when the RPM is at 95% (configurable). The 4s screen is really bright to so solves my problem.

I had no idea that the issue was with my android hardware not working well with UDP and my router.. could have been doing this a long time ago. Oh well.

Maybe if this thing goes on sale for a really good price someday I will pick it up.. but for now I am set.

I decided to give the dash apps one more try.. I found out my phone (Droid Turbo) and this cheap tablet that came with our vizio TV are a bit laggy as I have seen videos of people running the same apps that seem pretty much in sync with their game screen.

I dug around and found my wife's old iphone 4s and installed Race Dash. The free layout does exactly what I wanted. It shows the gear number and the screen will flash what every color I want when the RPM is at 95% (configurable). The 4s screen is really bright to so solves my problem.

I had no idea that the issue was with my android hardware not working well with UDP and my router.. could have been doing this a long time ago. Oh well.

Maybe if this thing goes on sale for a really good price someday I will pick it up.. but for now I am set.

You are better off buying a cheap android phone. The apps for iOS are lacking to get it to my own preference. I tried using these dash apps, but it just cant beat a dedicated device. The rev lights and numbers are just easier to read. Like reading an ebook with an e-ink device vs phonescreen.

You are better off buying a cheap android phone. The apps for iOS are lacking to get it to my own preference. I tried using these dash apps, but it just cant beat a dedicated device. The rev lights and numbers are just easier to read. Like reading an ebook with an e-ink device vs phonescreen.

I have two android devices (my phone droid turbo and that tablet.) and they were both less responsive than the old iphone 4s. The screen on the 4s is very bright and clear and since it was just rotting away in the closet it is a dedicated device now and I have it mounted to my setup. I do not need an LED bar.. all I wanted was the Gear number and a shift light.. It works perfect for that and I am happy with it. I have no interest in all the other data right now.

I have two android devices (my phone droid turbo and that tablet.) and they were both less responsive than the old iphone 4s. The screen on the 4s is very bright and clear and since it was just rotting away in the closet it is a dedicated device now and I have it mounted to my setup. I do not need an LED bar.. all I wanted was the Gear number and a shift light.. It works perfect for that and I am happy with it. I have no interest in all the other data right now.
Just found a video:

You wont see the gear nrs as clear on a phonescreen.

Just found a video:

You wont see the gear nrs as clear on a phonescreen.

Oh sorry, I see what you mean for dedicated device.:dunce: You mean this product. Yeah it for sure will be easier to see real LED lights over a screen. Yes for sure it will be better than using a mobile device, I am just set with what I have and $200 is a lot for something that is a very minimal upgrade to my setup.

An android device with a hud app is cheaper, has more functionality and.....

Lasts more than 5 days.
Which app do you recommend?Most apps have black numbers and no coloured shift lights. OLED screen might solve the issue (with black being truly black and no backlighting), but how much is the cheapest android device?

I just got a message that delivery of the BT display will be tomorrow...

Last edited:
I have pcars dash and crew chief running in a 80 bucks old as **** cell phone I had lay down in my house that I had already used has my daily phone years ago.

But I'm not a fan of TM, as I had already my dose of faulty TM products (3 t300).
So my opinion doesn't worth much.

Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of weird that this is a PS4 only device and the only wheel it fits into is TS-PC Racer which is not PS4 compatible and you cannot even buy a TS-PC Racer wheel without the servo base? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of weird that this is a PS4 only device and the only wheel it fits into is TS-PC Racer which is not PS4 compatible and you cannot even buy a TS-PC Racer wheel without the servo base? Correct me if I'm wrong please.
You are right! But I think Thrustmaster is releasing the open wheel rim separately soon like they did with t500 rim before.

Back