Thrustmaster Reveals PS4-Only BT LED Display Unit

I'm a bit puzzled by the suggested location for this thing:

btledsdisplay_lifestyle.jpg

If I put it there I would not be able to see it as the rim will be in the way.

Last edited:

I have an SLI Display that I use on PC in a similar position on my Fanatec wheel and it's no issue to see it through the gap.

5VIV6JB.jpg

FcmZb

Seems over priced with the availability of CUSTOMIZIABLE virtual dashs for a couple dollars, even free.

My vdash monitors brake temp, water temp, rpm, and mph

$40 seems reasonable

Last edited:
Nice. I'm sure I'll buy this before I build something to raise my TV. :lol: Currently when I use the Alcantara wheel the bottom of the screen is blocked.

"It’s a little surprising to see GT Sportabsent from the list, given the T-GT is the game’s dedicated wheel. Perhaps BT implementation will be coming in the next update, alongside the new Supra or Audi Vision GT…"
If this is the case. Really only an issue I have on GTS.

You look through the wheel, you don't look over it?

Sorry. I misunderstood you at first. You mean that the wheel rim would possibly block the unit, not that you are looking through the wheel rim to see the screen.

It's early. I haven't had my Coffee yet.

I just finished reading the article... €169 and limited to select PlayStation games... Um No thanks.

Last edited:
Seems over priced with the availability of CUSTOMIZIABLE virtual dashs for a couple dollars, even free.

My vdash monitors brake temp, water temp, rpm, and mph

$40 seems reasonable

Nice. I'm sure I'll buy this before I build something to raise my TV. :lol: Currently when I use the Alcantara wheel the bottom of the screen is blocked.

"It’s a little surprising to see GT Sportabsent from the list, given the T-GT is the game’s dedicated wheel. Perhaps BT implementation will be coming in the next update, alongside the new Supra or Audi Vision GT…"
If this is the case. Really only an issue I have on GTS.
I also use those custom dashboards for many of the other sims. However, none of them could be used for GTSport because, they say that it's impossible to implement the GT software into it since it needs telemetry data and since GT doesn't have it, that software can't be used for GT.

Now, I wonder if this is the same reason why this device can't be used for GTS.

I would buy it for 80€, maybe 100€. But it's still too expensive for the couple of racing games supported. Let's wait a bit.
Unless you DIY... All simracing gear is quite expensive. This is a niche product so yes it wont be cheap. I have seen similair LED/LCD kits going for 140-200 for example Leo Bodnar SLI. And thats only the board, without enclosure or cable. The thrustmaster is wireless!
Please can someone direct me to a cheaper alternative..

Unless you DIY... All simracing gear is quite expensive. This is a niche product so yes it wont be cheap. I have seen similair LED/LCD kits going for 140-200 for example Leo Bodnar SLI. And thats only the board, without enclosure or cable. The thrustmaster is wireless!
Please can someone direct me to a cheaper alternative..
I’m sure you are aware how much more the SLI can do however ;)

And the mounting holes of the TS-PC remain unused....lol
If im not corrected it should fit on the Ts Pc racer rim. I bought the rim seperately from a member here. I already ordered the LED display from the TM webshop and will give feedback ASAP. I guess since the TS-PC isnt available seperately and the display is ps4 only (for now) they dont have any pressphoto's with the combo.

I’m sure you are aware how much more the SLI can do however ;)
Nope not a very technical person. Never really did any research on it since i only play on console. What other functions are there?

Last edited:
Man I want one.. but that is a bit expensive for me to make the purchase. Will wait and see.

I always seem to have a little lag on the mobile dash apps so I never used them for shift lights.. maybe it is my setup idk..

This thing would solve that.

Man I want one.. but that is a bit expensive for me to make the purchase. Will wait and see.

I always seem to have a little lag on the mobile dash apps so I never used them for shift lights.. maybe it is my setup idk..

This thing would solve that.
I never liked those apps too. LED's are much brighter then a phonescreen. With my old G29 i Could always see the small shiftlights in my peripheral view. With those apps however I really needed to look at the screen directly everytime.

I'm intrigued but I'll wait for someone here to try it, not like it and sell it for cheap. :gtpflag:

After they add GTS support...

The G29 supports shiftlight in GT sport. And they are (still) working on full support for the CSL, so maybe support for the BT Display will be added in the future? Would be great, because it is really annoying the HUD in GT sport is always in the centre! My wheel blocks the bottom part of the screen so i cant use the cockpit cam and the only view I can see which gear I'm in is the Bumpercam.

Nope not a very technical person. Never really did any research on it since i only play on console. What other functions are there?
Inputs
- 16 button / 8 rotary encoder inputs
- 6 rotary switch inputs
- 2 analog inputs with 10-bit (1024 steps) resolution each - ideal for potentiometer or hall sensor clutch paddles

With some simple plugins and software utilities you can configure the SLI-Pro to show your optimal rev shift point and extract all kinds of car information to display on the device including RPM, gear, speed, engine temperature, tyre pressures, lap time, lap delta...plus many, many more. You can also connect buttons, rotary encoders and rotary switches to the device to scroll through different information on the LED displays so you don't even have to take your hands off the wheel. The SLI-Pro is also a USB joystick interface so you can use buttons and switches for other functions within your simulator software, such as pit limiter or adjusting the brake bias without even installing any extra drivers. Just connect them up, plug the device into the PC and it will detect the buttons right away.

Inputs
- 6 rotary switch inputs
- 2 analog inputs with 10-bit (1024 steps) resolution each - ideal for potentiometer or hall sensor clutch paddles

With some simple plugins and software utilities you can configure the SLI-Pro to show your optimal rev shift point and extract all kinds of car information to display on the device including RPM, gear, speed, engine temperature, tyre pressures, lap time, lap delta...plus many, many more. You can also connect buttons, rotary encoders and rotary switches to the device to scroll through different information on the LED displays so you don't even have to take your hands off the wheel. The SLI-Pro is also a USB joystick interface so you can use buttons and switches for other functions within your simulator software, such as pit limiter or adjusting the brake bias without even installing any extra drivers. Just connect them up, plug the device into the PC and it will detect the buttons right away.
I believe the rotary encoders can also let you display other information on the display.
For attachment to a wheel:

It looks a bit top heavy, but still miles better then the Ferrari F1 Rim

With the Sparco R383

Inputs
- 6 rotary switch inputs

That's all well and good but do any of those bits and bobs work on PS4? Or are they PC only extras you can add to it?

That's all well and good but do any of those bits and bobs work on PS4? Or are they PC only extras you can add to it?
That wasn’t my point. Someone was claiming the Thrustmaster was good value for money when compared to other products on the market. I was pointing out the products being compared to had more features and hence the Thrustmaster product is fairly expensive.

That wasn’t my point. Someone was claiming the Thrustmaster was good value for money when compared to other products on the market. I was pointing out the products being compared to had more features and hence the Thrustmaster product is fairly expensive.
Maybe, but the other products aren't of any use to PS4 owners. Also, you didn't answer if those functions had to be added on, or are included in the original purchase price? I may be wrong with this but, to me it seems as though the inputs are just ports you plug something into, not actual functions. Please can you explain this to me? :)

Maybe, but the other products aren't of any use to PS4 owners. Also, you didn't answer if those functions had to be added on, or are included in the original purchase price? I may be wrong with this but, to me it seems as though the inputs are just ports you plug something into, not actual functions. Please can you explain this to me? :)
An Xbox one controller is no use to a PS4 owner but if a DS4 was overpriced compared to an Xbox controller we could compare no?

For the price of the Thrustmaster unit you could buy the SLi-Pro unit, a plastic enclosure to house it and a couple of rotary encoders and some buttons and in a couple of hours whip up something bespoke with those additional features that work on many PC games. For what you get the Thrustmaster unit is a little expensive.

Or you could spend a bit more and do something like this!

sala20f1-2.jpg

I agree... when you try to assemble a similar product (SLI board, housing, BT Controller) and pay for PS4 license you will end up with a more expensive product. I made the calculations and it would still be more expensive...only the SLI with enclosure (no rotary encoders) is € 200 and you need to take in the time, material etc.

Last edited:
An Xbox one controller is no use to a PS4 owner but if a DS4 was overpriced compared to an Xbox controller we could compare no?

For the price of the Thrustmaster unit you could buy the SLi-Pro unit, a plastic enclosure to house it and a couple of rotary encoders and some buttons and in a couple of hours whip up something bespoke with those additional features that work on many PC games. For what you get the Thrustmaster unit is a little expensive.

Or you could spend a bit more and do something like this!

sala20f1-2.jpg
I know what you're saying but first I'd have to find someone to do it for me, then pay them for their couple of hours work to assemble it, so all of a sudden, for me, it's not so cheap ;). This is one of the things the PC community forgets, many of us use PS4 for a reason, plug'n'play... and yes, we do have to pay a bit more for that.

Edit: I also agree that's a little expensive still, even moreso where I live.

Last edited:
I know what you're saying but first I'd have to find someone to do it for me, then pay them for their couple of hours work to assemble it, so all of a sudden, for me, it's not so cheap ;). This is one of the things the PC community forgets, many of us use PS4 for a reason, plug'n'play... and yes, we do have to pay a bit more for that.

Edit: I also agree that's a little expensive still, even moreso where I live.
For a mass produced, injection molded retail product it might be expensive. However there isnt a comparable product out there... So yes, you pay a premium... But way overpriced? I dont thinks so. Even if you build one for pc and include all the manhours it will be more expensive.

It is the same for Fanatec/thrustmaster wheel add-ons. Where some people say its overpriced if you look at the components.... But they dont account 10 hours+ in assembling, soldering etc...especially if you're not an engineer like you and me!

Back