Thrustmaster T-GT Review

£400, maybe I'd consider buying this but at £700 or whatever the UK price is, that's a no from me dawg.

I don't think GT sport is good enough in itself to warrant the hardware. Maybe PS5 and GT7 with a decent eurocentric selection of cars (like Forza seems to manage) and tracks and I could say it was an investment in my time as well as money.

Everyone's got there own opinion, I may just be a part of the sad ones that adore sport.

It's made me reconsider track racing over again and how in depth it can be..
For someone like me who loves the latest entry in the GT franchise and has took so much from this one title, the T-GT seems like the mid/high range quality wheel for me as it's the first wheel I've bought since Colin Mcrae rally.

I can imagine this wheel is superb in comparison 20 odd years later.
I have dreams of this wheel I'm not joking.... yes I'm that sad lol!

Again a lot of criticism on the price in this thread.. I am not going to go into that again, but to summarize if you can get a discount to sub € 600 I think it is much better value.

I share the opinion of this review.
For GT sport it has unique features that some might want to pay for full price. This depends if GTsport is your primary game and is thuis personal. I have had one for about 10 months and very satisfied. I replaced my pedals with CSL Elite LC's though.

As for a comparison with the CSL Elite. I have not owned or used one (except pedals). It is a much better value package, but I recommend checking the forum if specifically GT sport is your primary game. For anything else it is probably the best value and performance.

Again a lot of criticism on the price in this thread.. I am not going to go into that again, but to summarize if you can get a discount to sub € 600 I think it is much better value.

I share the opinion of this review.
For GT sport it has unique features that some might want to pay for full price. This depends if GTsport is your primary game and is thuis personal. I have had one for about 10 months and very satisfied. I replaced my pedals with CSL Elite LC's though.

As for a comparison with the CSL Elite. I have not owned or used one (except pedals). It is a much better value package, but I recommend checking the forum if specifically GT sport is your primary game. For anything else it is probably the best value and performance.

Wait, were you able to connect the CSL Elite pedals to the T-GT without a separate transformer/converter (like the one in the last couple of posts mentioned)?

K32
Wait, were you able to connect the CSL Elite pedals to the T-GT without a separate transformer/converter (like the one in the last couple of posts mentioned)?

As stated in my signature I use a CPX adapter. They are sold on the second hand market. For ps4 and GT sport sadly this is your only option. Drivehub only works in "other" mode. If you alternatively want a LC brake, there are mods available to convert the brake to a Loadcell brake like the link in my signature.

People say a high end pedal set makes you faster, but as long as you are driving GTS with ABS on default as most people do, there won't be a difference.
They do and it's one of the reason's I don't play GT Sport as much as I would like to. I like to play with ABS off and right now it's not playable to me, especially when I play another sim and then play GT Sport. Brake pressure doesn't seem to matter like it should compared to AC or Pcars and takes a while to readapt.

The new patch seems to have improved braking which could make a load cell pedal feasible but I haven't tried it yet.
Do you mean they changed braking with ABS off? If so that would be great, I will try it later today.

as it's the first wheel I've bought since Colin Mcrae rally.

I can imagine this wheel is superb in comparison 20 odd years later.
I owned a Thrustmaster Force Feedback Racing Wheel, (I think it was even labeled a Guillemot at the time) that I bought for Colin McRae Rally 2.0 and Grand Prix 3. It was a very good wheel then, but it was put to shame by the G25 later. Even a T150 is so much better than wheels from 20 years ago, so yes, the T-GT will blow you away.
Do you mean they changed braking with ABS off? If so that would be great, I will try it later today.
According to the tyre model thread in the GTS board, ABS on weak is now good for shorter brake distances than default if you know how to trail brake properly without locking up.

According to the tyre model thread in the GTS board, ABS on weak is now good for shorter brake distances than default if you know how to trail brake properly without locking up.

Haha, I was looking in the wrong thread for this info. Thanks, I will check it out.

The TGT is a great wheel and the reviewer did a good job describing how it feels.

The only adjustment that I had to make coming over from my T300 was my grip on the wheel. The left and right stalks that connect the rim to the center hub are slightly larger and will require a different grip for some. I had gotten used to the slim T300 design, and if you are sensitive to grip orientation like me, try it out first.

Biggest criticism is, the full features of this excellent wheel is only displayed in GT Sport. Sad trend really, and I don't like where this is headed.

The TGT is a great wheel and the reviewer did a good job describing how it feels.
Biggest criticism is, the full features of this excellent wheel is only displayed in GT Sport. Sad trend really, and I don't like where this is headed.

It is a shame.
Fantastic review, it has given me confidence to just enjoy my TR300 for now.

K32
Looks like a great wheel, wouldn't mind testing it out somewhere in 2019.

Question: Would the stock CSL Elite Pedals go with the T-GT? I have the normal CSL Elite wheel and pedals, and looking at this review, it seems that the pedals are letting the T-GT down, so I'm thinking of doing a Fanatec/TM combo for the best results. :)

EDIT: The only thing I would propose for the review is a comparison to its' closest rival from Fanatec (CSL Elite), since there are many people that might be scratching their heads when deciding what's best. Anyone got any thoughts for which wheel is better for GTS right now?

For the bolded question, I can't answer right now; apparently some people are experiencing some issues with the CSLE on the latest GTS update, and I haven't tried the wheel with v1.23 yet.

As for a comparison: it's coming. The review is meant to focus on the T-GT, but with both wheels sitting beside one another here, it'd be silly not to run a comparison at some point. :)

As someone that's really only just got into sim racing since the release of GT Sport, this to me seems like a good move.

pedals I'm not too fussed about if they work they work,but overall this looks good quality and i know i would definitely get my use out of it.
so to be honest I'm saving for this baby lol people seem happy with it.

my only fear is the learning curve from pad to wheel would be a setback but I can imagine this wheel would eventually make you better if not more precise/safer on the track?

IMO, a great pedal set is more important than the T-DFB setup. Don't get me wrong, the transducer really does help, especially with understeer, but a load-cell brake has a similar impact on my braking. It feels so much more natural than trying to memorize pedal position for consistent braking.

That being said, even out of the box, yes, I think the T-GT would make you more precise on track. As someone that drives both pad and wheel, I'm more comfortable being in close quarters with other cars on the wheel. It's easier to make small adjustments, especially through a corner side-by-side. My one exception, at least with GT, is if you've spun. I find a controller simpler to navigate back to the track, but the curveball is Sport's inconsistent warp-back feature. That thing can play havoc on a wheel in certain situations!

As for the learning curve, I'd give it a handful of hours, and it'd be less based on how often you drive in the real world.

The only adjustment that I had to make coming over from my T300 was my grip on the wheel. The left and right stalks that connect the rim to the center hub are slightly larger and will require a different grip for some. I had gotten used to the slim T300 design, and if you are sensitive to grip orientation like me, try it out first.

Excellent point. 👍

The thicker spokes plus the relatively small diameter does require a slight change in grip for me too. The lack of "squish" to the rim is also a matter of taste — as I mentioned in the article, it really did bruise my right hand after a long F1 2017 session. I should probably turn down the FFB a bit, but I really like the weight!

For the bolded question, I can't answer right now; apparently some people are experiencing some issues with the CSLE on the latest GTS update, and I haven't tried the wheel with v1.23 yet.

Basically, the steering angle doubles while in PS4 mode. You need to turn twice as much to get the car around a corner at the same speed.

To those who experienced both wheels... is it worth it upgrading from G29? Prices around 500€ right now...

I’ve just upgraded my ageing T500rs and bought a T-GT 2 servo (no wheel). It was the cheapest way of upgrading my rig without having to use extra adapters, DriveHub, etc so far I’m liking it, the extra FFB coming from T-DFB is quite immersive if a little gimmicky. It would be nice if we had a threshold and gain control for this as it’s a bit much sometimes, I wonder what my neighbours think is happening next door?

Last edited:
I’ve just upgraded my ageing T500rs and bought a T-GT 2 servo (no wheel). It was the cheapest way of upgrading my rig without having to use extra adapters, DriveHub, etc so far I’m liking it, the extra FFB coming from T-DFB is quite immersive if a little gimmicky. It would be nice if we had a threshold and gain control for this as it’s a bit much sometimes, I wonder what my neighbours think is happening next door?
I'm not sure if you know or not but you can at least adjust the vibration strength, or turn it off completely.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you know or not but you can at least adjust the vibration strength, or turn it off completely.

Thanks for that, I’ve turned it down to 75 from 100, less of the constant rumble. I’d like a bit more control over though a gain and threshold control would allow you to tune it more to your liking.

The only 2 down side of a T-GT (In my Opinion)

- It has no support for PS3, Some time you want to go back and play GT5 or GT6 and its is not supported, i have Tried eveything and was never able to work.

- The pedels that come with the wheel are not best out there, i sugest upgradeing to T-LCM Pedal set its is a night and day feel

The only 2 down side of a T-GT (In my Opinion)

- It has no support for PS3, Some time you want to go back and play GT5 or GT6 and its is not supported, i have Tried eveything and was never able to work.

- The pedels that come with the wheel are not best out there, i sugest upgradeing to T-LCM Pedal set its is a night and day feel
I only got the servo, I already have T3pa Pro pedals from the T500 and the 599fxx wheel rim it just slots right in to my rig. The T3pa pro pedals are awesome! I have them mounted inverted (GT style) the only thing I’d change/upgrade is possibly have a load cell on the brake but the hard stop I added with a rubber cone works pretty well for me.

I only got the servo, I already have T3pa Pro pedals from the T500 and the 599fxx wheel rim it just slots right in to my rig. The T3pa pro pedals are awesome! I have them mounted inverted (GT style) the only thing I’d change/upgrade is possibly have a load cell on the brake but the hard stop I added with a rubber cone works pretty well for me.
Trust me once you try T-Lcm You will never go back to another pedal set

Thanks for that, I’ve turned it down to 75 from 100, less of the constant rumble. I’d like a bit more control over though a gain and threshold control would allow you to tune it more to your liking.
👍 Yeah, I agree. More control would be better... especially when I'm used to having a bit more leeway with my ButtKicker.

Back