Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals

• Thread starter Pennzoil23
  • 640 comments
Micro Center had them in stock locally so i picked them up. $200.

Haven't raced yet but excited to see how they are.

Attachments

• 20200710_192707.jpg
    20200710_192707.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 20200710_193341.jpg
    20200710_193341.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 20200710_202544.jpg
    20200710_202544.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 20200710_202555.jpg
    20200710_202555.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 226
Micro Center had them in stock locally so i picked them up. $200.

Haven't raced yet but excited to see how they are.
At least you've got yours mounted! I got mine on Monday and have only got as far as updating the firmware and installing the calibration tool :embarrassed:

At least you've got yours mounted! I got mine on Monday and have only got as far as updating the firmware and installing the calibration tool :embarrassed:

I haven't done either of those things though haha.

I'll be doing that in the morning when i get off work.

I already had my t3pa mounted there so it wasn't too hard. Since they include the template its easy breezy

I haven't done either of those things though haha.

I'll be doing that in the morning when i get off work.

I already had my t3pa mounted there so it wasn't too hard. Since they include the template its easy breezy
You've only got the easy bit left to do :). I'm stuck thinking about whether or not to do some wholesale mods to my ageing rig to firm it up again, so it could still be a while for me.

I noticed the clutch pedal on the T-LCM's is a fair bit heavier than the throttle with these, unlike the T3pa pro's that came with my T500rs and the pedals that came with my T-GT. Have you swapped the springs over or are you using them the way they came with the firmer spring? If you haven't swapped the spring how are you finding it in comparison to your other pedals? I ask because I also use what is normally the clutch pedal as the throttle.

Last edited:
You've only got the easy bit left to do :). I'm stuck thinking about whether or not to do some wholesale mods to my ageing rig to firm it up again, so it could still be a while for me.

I noticed the clutch pedal on the T-LCM's is a fair bit heavier than the throttle with these, unlike the T3pa pro's that came with my T500rs and the pedals that came with my T-GT. Have you swapped the springs over or are you using them the way they came with the firmer spring? If you haven't swapped the spring how are you finding it in comparison to your other pedals? I ask because I also use what is normally the clutch pedal as the throttle.

I've had to adjust my rig since the pedals are a little different than the t3pa i had before.

So i spent most of last night dealing with that. I haven't gotten to use it yet. Watching the F1 race now but after the race I'll get some laps in

I haven't done anything with the springs on the clutch and accelerator.

On the brake im using the black and red springs for now.

I looked and these are available on a website for $489.00 and on another website for $199.00. The one price seems too high. The other one makes me wonder if they have them to ship, or I’ll just get notification they are out of stock. Any idea what these should cost approximately?

I looked and these are available on a website for $489.00 and on another website for $199.00. The one price seems too high. The other one makes me wonder if they have them to ship, or I’ll just get notification they are out of stock. Any idea what these should cost approximately?
I paid $199.00 on a pre-order from Amazon...AFAIK, the $199 is the street price here in the USA. :)

The price is $200. Anyone selling above that is just truing to screw people over.

I got mine from microcenter. Try their website. Maybe you can get them shipped if you dont have a store nearby.

I wonder if they'll ever release a 2-pedal version? I prefer to race using the same setup that I have in my car (BMW SMG with electronic clutch and paddle shifters, so no clutch pedal). I like the familiarity and consistency so I can concentrate on driving whether I'm on the road or on the screen (and so I don't start stomping for a non-existent clutch pedal when I'm actually driving), even though I realize there is a cost to immersion when racing a car with a traditional manual transmission.

I find it strange that even though many classes of race cars don't use a clutch pedal in real life, for sim racing most high-quality pedal sets do include the clutch. And yes, I know that just because it's there doesn't mean I have to use it, but I'd love to have the option to shave off a bit of the cost and not pay for a part I won't end up using...

I wonder if they'll ever release a 2-pedal version? I prefer to race using the same setup that I have in my car (BMW SMG with electronic clutch and paddle shifters, so no clutch pedal). I like the familiarity and consistency so I can concentrate on driving whether I'm on the road or on the screen (and so I don't start stomping for a non-existent clutch pedal when I'm actually driving), even though I realize there is a cost to immersion when racing a car with a traditional manual transmission.

I find it strange that even though many classes of race cars don't use a clutch pedal in real life, for sim racing most high-quality pedal sets do include the clutch. And yes, I know that just because it's there doesn't mean I have to use it, but I'd love to have the option to shave off a bit of the cost and not pay for a part I won't end up using...

Fanatec has that option but not Thrustmaster. You can then later buy another pedal and add the clutch if you wish.

More expensive and different eco system obviously.

Fanatec has that option but not Thrustmaster. You can then later buy another pedal and add the clutch if you wish.

Yes - the options definitely open up as the price/quality get higher, which only makes sense. I just find it perplexing that even though so many classes of race cars don't use a clutch pedal except to get into first gear or reverse from a stand-still (or, like F1, even use a hand control instead of a pedal for that) that pedal is still included in the vast majority of mid-range sets. You get the option at the very top end, or don't get the option at the bottom end (like my TM TX with the base 2-pedal set), but there's less choice in the middle of the pack.

Are you sure? As far as I know both Thrustmaster and Fanatec have two pedal sets, but neither of those sets have load cell brakes.

You can however buy an extra load cell pedal for the Fanatec two pedal set (something that's not possible with the TM set) which then leaves the potentiometer brake free to be used as a clutch. There are far better spacing options with these pedals and perhaps you could just leave the clutch out, but you still have to buy all three pedals so there's no real benefit in the cost saving @RhythmMachine was after.

Last edited:
Are you sure? As far as I know both Thrustmaster and Fanatec have two pedal sets, but neither of those sets have load cell brakes.

You can however buy an extra load cell pedal for the Fanatec two pedal set (something that's not possible with the TM set) which then leaves the potentiometer brake free to be used as a clutch. There are far better spacing options with these pedals and perhaps you could just leave the clutch out, but you still have to buy all three pedals so there's no real benefit in the cost saving @RhythmMachine was after.

Almost, but the other way around... rather than buying a 2-pedal set and adding a third pedal to it, I'd love to buy a decent quality 2-pedal set without a clutch (and, as you say, TM don't have single-pedal "build your own" options). So something like the new T-LCM set would be about right in terms of quality/performance and cost (depending on whether or not you ask my wife) if I could get it in a 2-pedal version that was maybe $50 less. I have the Thrustmaster "standard" two pedal set (from the TX 458 Italia package) and it feels cheap. I'm playing with some foam inserted into the spring inside as well as with a Nerf ball/bullet (their ball-shaped ammo... don't remember what that series of guns is called) in the back to provide some kind of progressive feel. I would say that, generally, any item that can be significantly improved by stuffing a Nerf ball into it was probably not the highest quality to start with... :-)

Almost, but the other way around... rather than buying a 2-pedal set and adding a third pedal to it, I'd love to buy a decent quality 2-pedal set without a clutch (and, as you say, TM don't have single-pedal "build your own" options). So something like the new T-LCM set would be about right in terms of quality/performance and cost (depending on whether or not you ask my wife) if I could get it in a 2-pedal version that was maybe $50 less. I have the Thrustmaster "standard" two pedal set (from the TX 458 Italia package) and it feels cheap. I'm playing with some foam inserted into the spring inside as well as with a Nerf ball/bullet (their ball-shaped ammo... don't remember what that series of guns is called) in the back to provide some kind of progressive feel. I would say that, generally, any item that can be significantly improved by stuffing a Nerf ball into it was probably not the highest quality to start with... :-)
I know what you were after, I was just pointing out to @Spitfire77 that Fanatec doesn't have the option you were after either, and that you'd still have to purchase all three pedals. Hence this part of my post...
but you still have to buy all three pedals so there's no real benefit in the cost saving @RhythmMachine was after.
:)

I honestly think at the price point of these, even if they we're 2 pedals, it would still be a bargain.

They feel great under foot. The set weights almost 12 pounds and the metal arms and pedals are very nice.

I dont use the clutch at all (dont have a shifter, dont care to ever buy one).

I have mounted it so that the centerline between the gas and brake is in the middle of my body. I also moved the accelerator pedal all the way out and away from the brake pedal so that my hips are dying

I have no issues with comfort at all. Im Im running the stiffest springs with 3 washers.

And since mine are mounted inverted, the clutch is my gas, so it has the stiffer spring on it.

Fingers crossed I can pick up my set today :) ... Well I really hope so as I have already taken my old pedals out of my rig. Sooo looking forward to finally having load cell brakes.

Edit... Just got the call :) ... Another 5 painful hours of work before I can pick them up though :(

What is the general consensus of most realistic spring combinations to replicate a race car brake pedal ?
Can you still drive in socks at the hardest spring setting ?
(I will mainly be on iRacing)

Last edited:
Fingers crossed I can pick up my set today :) ... Well I really hope so as I have already taken my old pedals out of my rig. Sooo looking forward to finally having load cell brakes.

Edit... Just got the call :) ... Another 5 painful hours of work before I can pick them up though :(

What is the general consensus of most realistic spring combinations to replicate a race car brake pedal ?
Can you still drive in socks at the hardest spring setting ?
(I will mainly be on iRacing)

I personally like the stiffest setting the best, and I play in socks.

With the calibration software, you can adjust the force needed to apply full 100% braking, so you can get the pedal feel how you want with the springs, then use the software to set up how much effort you have to use to get full braking pressure

I personally like the stiffest setting the best, and I play in socks.

With the calibration software, you can adjust the force needed to apply full 100% braking, so you can get the pedal feel how you want with the springs, then use the software to set up how much effort you have to use to get full braking pressure

I play in socks as well.

I use the two red springs with three washers.

I have the brake deadzone at 3.1% at the beginning and 95% for full throttle.

You really have to smash it to get it maxed at 100%

Got them installed last night, ended up being pretty late at night by the time everything was set up though so only really got half hour or so of laps in before bed time.... But wow soooo much better already :).

Just got everything at default at the moment. Did my first test laps in the Skip Barber at Lime Rock (iRacing) as I've so many laps on that combo that I thought it would be the best test... To my surprise I matched my PB within 5 laps, and could feel that I would be able to make more improvements as I get used to the load cell more.
Looking forward to running some more laps tonight and playing around with the different springs and calibration.. But so far I'm a very happy man :).

Does anyone know what the latest firmware for the pedals is. I’m on 1.82 but swear I saw somewhere 1.87 was available but can’t see how you get it on thrustmaster site so think that must have been wrong.

On v31 on t300 base which is supposed to have better support for lcm pedals

Does anyone know what the latest firmware for the pedals is. I’m on 1.82 but swear I saw somewhere 1.87 was available but can’t see how you get it on thrustmaster site so think that must have been wrong.

On v31 on t300 base which is supposed to have better support for lcm pedals
There was a misprint on their support website that made me believe there was a newer firmware out, but there isn’t. You save the settings when you unplug the usb.
Link.

My bushings come in today, so hopefully they work (i measured everything) and are just about the same size as the springs.

I'll update once i get to try them out.

Edit:

Got the bushings in, they fit like a glove with the plastic holder things the springs go on.

I used one and put it on the bottom with a red spring on top and 2 washers.

The bushing is about 1mm taller than the spring but it works fine.

So lowest durometer i could get the bushings in this size was 80A. So that what i got.

Its stiff, i mean like as in with my foot this thing might be squishing 1 or 2mm max. And my pedals are hard mounted to my wooden rig.

So good i theory but its too stiff, i need more travel.

So im looking to see if i can get it in 60A in the same size. Which McMaster has it in a longer length for 4 times the price.

We'll see

Last edited:
I took a video of the travel.

Im not happy with it so in gonna try to get a softer bushing.

YouTube video i made for reference

It doesn't look too much to hard. At least you have a reference point now. 👍

Ps. Your video is hard to watch being upside down.

I've had a bit of time now to mess with my pedals... finally. Still not quite to my liking but I'm definitely getting closer.

I stuck some rubber matting under my pedal plate to stop the annoying vibration I was getting due to having both a T-GT transducer and Buttkicker. Works great even with just a G clamp holding the plate down.
20200804_091025.jpg

And semi installed. G clamp is to make it easier as I can just lift the whole plate and pedals out as a unit until I'm happy with the configuration. The plate will be bolted down eventually.
20200805_090025.jpg

I also swapped the springs from the clutch to the accelerator and found it to be much better for my set up.

It doesn't look too much to hard. At least you have a reference point now. 👍

Ps. Your video is hard to watch being upside down.

I've had a bit of time now to mess with my pedals... finally. Still not quite to my liking but I'm definitely getting closer.

I stuck some rubber matting under my pedal plate to stop the annoying vibration I was getting due to having both a T-GT transducer and Buttkicker. Works great even with just a G clamp holding the plate down.
View attachment 946541

And semi installed. G clamp is to make it easier as I can just lift the whole plate and pedals out as a unit until I'm happy with the configuration. The plate will be bolted down eventually.
View attachment 946542

I also swapped the springs from the clutch to the accelerator and found it to be much better for my set up.

My video isn't upside down.

I have my pedals inverted ;)

Looks like good progress youre making there!

Attachments

• 20200804_185723.jpg
    20200804_185723.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 20200804_185716.jpg
    20200804_185716.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 77
Back