Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nice for those who haven't yet decided. Didn't know about the GT-branded T500RS improvements. .
Those changes (gradually made between 2011 and 2013) are all documented in the T500 megathread.

To give you an idea, Thrustmaster has made the following changes over the life of the T500:
- Changed springs in the pedals (from torsion to compression, torsion springs have been known to break)
- Changed bolts in the wheel axis (longer thicker ones added, the originals had a tendency to come loose or even snap and many early T500 owners ended up boring in longer ones themselves)
- Changed cooling fan (slightly larger one with different heatsync. Early fans tended to start making a nasty noise after a while)
- Changed cooling vents (the original wheel had a fan air intake on the top middle, later models have closed up the vents and the fan was also rotated to change the airflow)
- No changes to the motor, it appears to be very robust and used well within capacity

I would expect the TX/T300 to likewise be a work in progress, on any issues which pop up. I suspect that the TX has already had a revision since a number of the earliest TX owners mentioned motor issues and wheel becoming wobbly (wheel axis bolt issue?). I assume the T300 has benefitted from knowledge gained with the TX of course.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried this wheel on one of the earlier wheelstand pros? I have a V2 (I think) designed for the logitech DFGT, and I'd prefer not to have to replace it. The WSP guys recommend buying the special thrustmaster version which is better for 'bigger wheels', but from the pictures they all look damn similar.

Just wanted some reassurance from anyone that has tried a T300 (or any larger wheel I guess) on the logitech WSP?

I've got a question for you guys. I already have a TX and want to pick this up when it's available. The question I have is about the GTE combo. If I buy that version it still has full functionality with PS4 correct? And the GTE rim will still work with my TX as well?

Has anyone tried this wheel on one of the earlier wheelstand pros? I have a V2 (I think) designed for the logitech DFGT, and I'd prefer not to have to replace it. The WSP guys recommend buying the special thrustmaster version which is better for 'bigger wheels', but from the pictures they all look damn similar.

Just wanted some reassurance from anyone that has tried a T300 (or any larger wheel I guess) on the logitech WSP?

yes, i asked them via mail, t300 fits the wsp for dfgt, you will just need 2 screws m6x16 to fix the wheels. basic pedals fits too.

I've got a question for you guys. I already have a TX and want to pick this up when it's available. The question I have is about the GTE combo. If I buy that version it still has full functionality with PS4 correct? And the GTE rim will still work with my TX as well?
The T300RS and T300GTE are both marketed as PS4 compatible. It's the base not the rim which determines this clearly. The ISR video review of T300 on PS3 demonstrated that every rim works fine in GT6, even the TX and original GT rims: presumably PS4 would be the same.

I assume the new GTE rim will work fine on your TX, however I know from the Thrustmaster support site that there's a v2 GTE rim, since I think one of the T500RS firmware updates mentioned it. Not sure what the difference is for TX but just a brief question mark on this. You might need to firmware update your TX for it?

I see the T500RS is only 349 euros in Germany Amazon, makes we sort of feel like cancelling pre-order and wait for a better bundle with the T300 as I expect Polyphony Digital might team up with Thrustmaster and release another GT branded package that will be very good value in the sales and I don't reallly need to upgrade from G27 at this moment in time. I reckon I will stick with it though as too exciting to wait longer for same wheel and I have a PS4 that is rarely used.

I see the T500RS is only 349 euros in Germany Amazon, makes we sort of feel like cancelling pre-order and wait for a better bundle with the T300 as I expect Polyphony Digital might team up with Thrustmaster and release another GT branded package that will be very good value in the sales and I don't reallly need to upgrade from G27 at this moment in time. I reckon I will stick with it though as too exciting to wait longer for same wheel and I have a PS4 that is rarely used.
Based on GT5 and GT6 launch, when GT7 comes all Thrustmaster wheels will be only found at or above list price. They are cheapest when demand is lowest :)

Based on GT5 and GT6 launch, when GT7 comes all Thrustmaster wheels will be only found at or above list price. They are cheapest when demand is lowest :)
I imagine demand is quite high now but still quite cheap. I guess I might buy it again in an updated package if there is an Amazon Lightning deal in the future with upgraded pedals and sell old one, that I think has made my mind up ;).

The T300RS and T300GTE are both marketed as PS4 compatible. It's the base not the rim which determines this clearly. The ISR video review of T300 on PS3 demonstrated that every rim works fine in GT6, even the TX and original GT rims: presumably PS4 would be the same.

I assume the new GTE rim will work fine on your TX, however I know from the Thrustmaster support site that there's a v2 GTE rim, since I think one of the T500RS firmware updates mentioned it. Not sure what the difference is for TX but just a brief question mark on this. You might need to firmware update your TX for it?
Thanks for the reply. So basically I can just go with the one I prefer.:cheers:

Blast! Finally got my T300RS in the post today from France and it came with a Euro power cable :(

The manual says not to use adapters. So how do I plug it in?

Do I have to now ask Thrustmaster to send out a UK cable? Or is it worth trying to cut the Euro plug off and attach a UK one?

Anyone else experienced such pain? :)

Last edited:
Blast! Finally got my T300RS in the post today from France and it came with a Euro power cable :(

Do I have to now ask Thrustmaster to send out a UK cable?

Since the power supply is internal, I don't know what to suggest since they recommended not changing power adapters. Contacting Thrustmaster would probably be the best route, but I wouldn't be surprised if they charged you some $ for the cable since you did buy it outside of your country. *shrug*

Also, new question, how on earth do I update the firmware without a PC?

You have to have a PC to update the firmware on their devices, they don't write firmware to run and update on the consoles.

Jerome

Since the power supply is internal, I don't know what to suggest since they recommended not changing power adapters. Contacting Thrustmaster would probably be the best route, but I wouldn't be surprised if they charged you some $ for the cable since you did buy it outside of your country. *shrug*

Jerome

Thanks Jerome, that's my fear. It's a bit of a swizz then as the only place that Thrustmaster's official website sends you to buy this wheel in the UK is to French websites, they did have .co.uk web addresses but are based in France.

Do I have to now ask Thrustmaster to send out a UK cable? Or is it worth trying to cut the Euro plug off and attach a UK one?

Oh that just great
after emailing thrustmaster about their stock today they tell me to buy from one of their suppliers
Rseat-europe.com so I did
now I read your post and now im in the same boat.
that's great customer service

just found this information :

In fact the mains voltage/freqy in France is
exactly the same as the UK at 230V / 50Hz. It's been a long time since
there was 240v coming out of UK mains outlets but for the same reasons
we still think in Fahrenheit and buy sugar in 1lb bags, we can't seem
to get this 240V figure out of our heads.

Here are a couple of reference tables to support this. 230V is pretty
much a standard across Europe:

http://www.gbaudio.co.uk/data/mains.htm
http://oem.ansmann.de/en/s_mains-voltage.html

.. and this page reproduces some of the above but is also makes
interesting reading as it explains how some of these differences arose:

http://users.pandora.be/worldstandards/electricity.htm

Have emailed thrustmaster to see what they say.

when i receive my next week i'm just going to try it with an adaptor plug into my multi plug surge protector

just found this information :

In fact the mains voltage/freqy in France is
exactly the same as the UK at 230V / 50Hz. It's been a long time since
there was 240v coming out of UK mains outlets but for the same reasons
we still think in Fahrenheit and buy sugar in 1lb bags, we can't seem
to get this 240V figure out of our heads.

Here are a couple of reference tables to support this. 230V is pretty
much a standard across Europe:

http://www.gbaudio.co.uk/data/mains.htm
http://oem.ansmann.de/en/s_mains-voltage.html

.. and this page reproduces some of the above but is also makes
interesting reading as it explains how some of these differences arose:

http://users.pandora.be/worldstandards/electricity.htm

Have emailed thrustmaster to see what they say.

when i receive my next week i'm just going to try it with an adaptor plug into my multi plug surge protector

Thanks for this, I have just picked up an adapter from a chum and will try it tomorrow. I have been in touch with Thrustmaster too and they are looking into why I had a Euro plug in the box, I am presuming they'll send me out a UK one whilst I use the adapter. Hopefully.

Oh that just great
after emailing thrustmaster about their stock today they tell me to buy from one of their suppliers
Rseat-europe.com so I did
now I read your post and now im in the same boat.
that's great customer service

Apologies for answering/replying to these in the wrong order but I ordered from RSeat too and Thrustmaster Support asked where I bought it and for a copy of the invoice, they seemed fine with where I bought it from, well I would hope so too, and now I'm just waiting for the next reply from them.

Annoyingly they are quibbling over that I didn't order it via their website. How else would I know where to buy it from? :(

Anyone manage to buy it direct without third-party from the UK?

Last edited:
Update: turns out Thrustmaster won't send me a UK power cable as I didn't order through them direct. Which I couldn't do anyway, their "Buy Online" page on their website takes you to a third-party. Bit of a no-win situation :(

Anyone know how to get hold of a UK cable? It's such an odd proprietary connector that I just can't find it online anywhere. Or anyone have any previous experience with Thrustmaster in this regard?

Last edited:
Update: turns out Thrustmaster won't send me a UK power cable as I didn't order through them direct. Which I couldn't do anyway, their "Buy Online" page on their website takes you to a third-party. Bit of a no-win situation :(

Anyone know how to get hold of a UK cable? It's such an odd proprietary connector that I just can't find it online anywhere.
Sorry, but why can't you just use the adaptor that u bought and still needing to look for the proprietary connector? Makes no sense.

Dang how did i miss the £239 GTE pre order:/

Question is though, is the GTE or the RS version?
You might be able to get it lower than £239 if you pre-order and then live chat with them and ask if they can match the following product price which is also sold by Amazon and same wheel: Link

OCD :) I just want the proper UK cable so it's perfect and will help come resale.
Have you tried asking rSeat for one?

I just have yes, I'll let you know what happens. I have to hand it to Thrustmaster though, their email support is pretty quick.
I like that Thrustmaster messages don't sound as generic as some other companies such as say Sony when you message them. You get a quick response directly answering the question to best of their ability and not have to repeat the question until someone higher up gets it. Any I'm sticking to Amazon as my retailer for driving wheels, started off with DFGT then to G27 and soon the T300RS. They have amazing service and also have very low prices.

You might be able to get it lower than £239 if you pre-order and then live chat with them and ask if they can match the following product price which is also sold by Amazon and same wheel: Link

Have you tried asking rSeat for one?

Oh my god if this works! Live chatting now.

No they said they couldn't match their partner website:( Noooo

Last edited:

Much adoo about nothing!
10 Posts on a no-brainer! :banghead:
I had the same Problem once with a Logitech wheel ordered from Amazon U.K., and logically it came with a U.K. PLUG, which is of no use in Europe.
So I went to buy a PLUG-Adapter U.K.-PLUG>>> to >>> European PLUG, and that was it!

20141004_094440.jpg

20141004_094500.jpg

You have just a Problem of PLUGs, not a power-Adapter Problem!
Voltage is the same all over Europe, i.e.: 220-240 Volts.
And that is what the Manual is referring to when it tells you:
Quote:
Never connect he 100-125 V cable to a 220-240 V electrical outlet!!!
Never connect this cable to a power Adapter!!!

End Quote
So all you have to do is get yourself a PLUG-Adapter (since you don't Need a POWER-Adapter anyway, provided you have 220-240 Volts).
This Adapter (the white part in the cictures above) should be just the other way round, adapting Euro-PLUG to U.K.-PLUG, costs something around 1,- to 2,-£ in your nearest electronics-shop and that's it!

My goodness! :banghead:

Oh my god if this works! Live chatting now.

No they said they couldn't match their partner website:( Noooo
They said something like that when I chatted to them, but I replied saying it is Amazon themselves selling for that price and how much cheaper it is in £ at time going by conversion of euro and current Amazon UK price. Luckily person did it as a one time exception for the amount difference I said it was. Might get lucky with someone else so worth trying and also did you pre-order it and chat regarding item?

Back