Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm beginning to believe a comment I read somewhere here on GTP about TM delaying the T300RS to help sell T500RS wheels (empty their inventory) :rolleyes:

đź‘Ž

Jerome
Has the T500 come down in price any? I bought mine a year ago at $560,it was a deal at the time! lol. There is a lot of retailers out there,I just check amazon every once and awhile to check prices. I haven't seen it any cheaper than I got it yet. I saw it a couple years ago for $399,kicking myself for not getting it then. But now with the T300 coming,I should be somewhat future proof...for now. I'm waiting on some reviews to see if upgrading from the 500 to 300 is worth it.

Edit: I know the pedals are not an upgrade. But I still have G27 pedals if needed.

Has the T500 come down in price any? I bought mine a year ago at $560,it was a deal at the time! lol. There is a lot of retailers out there,I just check amazon every once and awhile to check prices. I haven't seen it any cheaper than I got it yet. I saw it a couple years ago for $399,kicking myself for not getting it then. But now with the T300 coming,I should be somewhat future proof...for now. I'm waiting on some reviews to see if upgrading from the 500 to 300 is worth it.

Edit: I know the pedals are not an upgrade. But I still have G27 pedals if needed.

You can use the T50RS pedals with the T300 too.

Jerome

I will either buy the t300 or the t500 today. Does the "share" button exist or work on the t500?

Have anybody tried the better pedals for the t300? Any good or better to get g27 pedals and adapter?
Unfortunately the T3pa padels are not yet available in the Netherlands, I have them on pre-order.

Inside Sim racing did a review on them and also compared them with the G27 padels.
According to them the T3pa is the better choice.

I have to wait untill October 17 to confirm or deny tgat ;)

That adapter would be to give the pedals USB capability to be used stand-alone on the PC.

Adapters to use other pedals with T300 on the PS3/PS4:

http://www.basherboards.com/CPX would be a way to use CSR-Elite or CSP pedals directly with the T300 on consoles, including supporting the brake rumble motor function it seems.
http://www.ricmotech.com/product_p/rmt-t500w2g27p.htm to allow you to connect G25/27 pedals directly to the Thrustmaster wheel

Last edited:
I'm beginning to believe a comment I read somewhere here on GTP about TM delaying the T300RS to help sell T500RS wheels (empty their inventory) :rolleyes:

đź‘Ž

Jerome
I got yesterday an update from Amazon UK that the estimated arrival date is between November 03 2014 - November 05 2014 for the T300 GTE and October 31st as release date. Today I got an email saying I might be interested in a T500RS, T100 and some other wheels including DFGT. I guess it is just because I browsed the racing wheel category but thought of your post when I saw an email with subject: "Thrustmaster T500 RS Force Wheel..."

I noticed on the Thrustmaster site about updates and drivers do I need to update anything to use it with the ps4 or is this just for PC use ?

I noticed on the Thrustmaster site about updates and drivers do I need to update anything to use it with the ps4 or is this just for PC use ?
Looks like for PC use and no firmware update so far for the T300RS so should work straight out the box with the PS4.

Anyone got both the Ferrari GTE wheel and also the T300RS wheel or either of them, how do you find using the buttons? I'm thinking of trying to switch my order from a GTE to T300RS wheel, main thing I'm concerned about is how easy is it to activate the PS button on the GTE wheel and if the one button per corner gets less in the way than the two buttons per corner apart from bottom right which is like a switch for the GTE wheel. Considering the wheel has been out so long, surprising to see how few reviews there are.

I would plug it into the PC and update it its not going to hurt anything , the PS4 will not update .
im not sure if you read the firmware files and see what the change is , so just keep it updated and yes it will work without update

Last edited:
Don't mean to ask a dumb question, but any news on a U.S. release for the T300? Meanwhile the T3PA and TH8A both have decent prices on Amazon (though they're currently sold out).

mid oct last we heard for u.s. t300...but with driveclub being a steamy pile of you know what (according to reviews) i doubt they are in a hurry now to get it out... as long as they get it out before pcars for console people

Don't mean to ask a dumb question, but any news on a U.S. release for the T300? Meanwhile the T3PA and TH8A both have decent prices on Amazon (though they're currently sold out).

mid oct last we heard for u.s. t300...but with driveclub being a steamy pile of you know what (according to reviews) i doubt they are in a hurry now to get it out... as long as they get it out before pcars for console people

Someone else stated the wheel may arrive on or just after Halloween. But I figured DC would put the pretty in pretty awful; just a generic arcade racer *yawn*. It's getting a 72 on metacritic according to critics and 61 based on user reviews, with the underlying themes being lack of realism and game depth.

Jerome

I got my T300RS today, having decided it was time to upgrade my PC rig (T500RS stays on my Playstation rig).

For now a few quick thoughts:
  • T300RS spins quite freely. In game I feel only a tiny amount of notchiness and the way I can flick it around easily reminds me most of my G25, rather than the heavier feel of the T500 (or even worse, the Fanatec GT2).
  • The FFB motor on the T300RS feels quite a bit less powerful than the T500RS. Judging just by feel I'd put it at around half way between a G25 and a T500RS in power. Although since my T500RS felt like it got more powerful after a few weeks use, I'll reserve judgement.
  • The pedals are surprisingly usable. They are a class above the DFGT ones, that's for sure: The accelerator feels just as good as G25/T500 in use, but the brake is not firm enough. Still, that brake pedal is way better than a DFGT (you can lean your foot on it without causing 5% brake to show up) but it's without doubt the weak link in the set.
  • The T300RS rim feels effectively identical to my GTE rim: The rubber coating and the paddles are clearly the same. The buttons feel the same as those on the T500RS rim, so actually the GTE buttons feel classier, although the button layout is handier on the T300RS rim versus the GTE one.
  • The fan is quieter than the T500RS but pitched slightly higher. Not sure how I'll get on with it, but so far I couldn't hear it when racing with headphones.

In quick testing I was setting fastest laptimes in iRacing within a few laps. It felt like I could feel the car better than with the G25, and correcting was easier than ever. So I'd say this wheel is ideal as an upgrade for Logitech G25/27 users who want a similar light and fast feel rather than outright brute power: For that there's the Fanatec CSWv2 I guess :)

Edit: I've changed my mind, the T300RS is easier to flick around to save slides even than the G25. Drifting in AC is soooo much fun!

Last edited:
Was there any price cut? I ordered T300RS on this Tuesday for 280 EUR / 360 USD, which is quite good as I was expecting higher price.

• T300RS spins quite freely. In game I feel only a tiny amount of notchiness
are you sure the notchiness is there all the time? see i thought i could feel some slight notchiness but it was intermittent so i put it down to the ffb. i only played gt6.

rang thrustmaster up and they said they have replaced my original wheel, should send the new one today. probably wont get it till next week

Hi guys,

got my T300 RS today.

First I have made the firmware upgrade through PC.

Then I connected it to the PS4 and run the Driveclub.

After auto-centering the wheel after connect to PS4 it seems the rim is not centered 100% to the middle. The blue stripe on the rim seems to be very slightly to the left side from ideal center position. I would say 1 cm. Anyone notice this? Or am I too picky? :) Is there a way how to manualy center it to required position and lock this setting in order to use it in the drive club? Also when I take of the rim from the base, after automatic calibration the "cross" which you can see on the base where the rim is connected is very slightly away from the ideal center possition.

Second thing - after I would say half hour of playing the weird clicking noise appeared. When the wheel is on and connected to USB port of PS4 (so the feedback is active) after turning rim to the right side from its centered possition two consecutive "clicks" can be heard. Turning left is OK. When unplug base from PS4 USB port, there is no clicking. I am pretty sure it was not there at the beginning.

Anyone? I am considering wheel exchange :(

Thanks a lot for your advice.

There is a standard procedure for correcting the center position... Look it up in the manual. My T500 came slightly offcenter, one time correction solved it for good.

Those clunks are probably the belt. I think that it's possibly just wearing in and occasionally needing to be pulled into alignment. I've felt a couple of clunks from mine but not something which happens every single time I turn it right, so not certain....

There is a standard procedure for correcting the center position... Look it up in the manual. My T500 came slightly offcenter, one time correction solved it for good.

Those clunks are probably the belt. I think that it's possibly just wearing in and occasionally needing to be pulled into alignment. I've felt a couple of clunks from mine but not something which happens every single time I turn it right, so not certain....

Thanks I will try to center procedure. I hope it will work as in your case.

Regarding those "clunks" - sorry I don`t get it. You mean those clicks can be fixed also by wheel alignment?

Thanks

Guys, one more question - when attaching the rim to the base with quick release system according to user guide (and finishing with holding the quick release nut and turning rim clockwise in order to tighten it as much as possible) the little screw under the wheel is also not perfectly in the center - but I guess this is not affecting the centering of the wheel at all, right? Just want to be sure. Thank you.

Excellent, thans for the post. I guess instead on MODE + SELECT + OPTIONS for T300 RS I should press MODE + SHARE + OPTION, right?
I just concluded that my T300RS was centering at 49.8% instead of 50% so I followed this procedure on mine too. MODE + SHARE + OPTION, hold briefly, once you let go the MODE light flashes briefly the other colour (so if you've got it on red it'll flash green briefly).

EDIT: I switched the wheel to 1080p mode in the PC drivers and then closed the drive app to do this, as stated in the manual Wildrun linked. If you are using the PS4 follow the instructions in the manual about how to do the update.

Like yours, my quick release screw isn't quite centered. Makes zero difference.

Last edited:
I just concluded that my T300RS was centering at 49.8% instead of 50% so I followed this procedure on mine too. MODE + SHARE + OPTION, hold briefly, once you let go the MODE light flashes briefly the other colour (so if you've got it on red it'll flash green briefly).

Like yours, my quick release screw isn't quite centered. Makes zero difference.

Thank you very much. I will try it tomorrow as my gilrfriend is sleeping and she would kill when when I turn the wheel now :D

When is the T300RS supposed to be available in the US? A GTP news article said Oct. 7th, but then Darin at ISR mentioned later this (Sept.) month :confused:

Jerome

Can't wait for this wheel to be released to the US market. Gonna replace my G27 for one. :)

Yeah, I'm gonna need one of those after PD broke the Logitech wheel force feedback.

To my North America friends (@Jump_Ace , @Doodle , @mr_lab_rat ), as promised to let you guys know when the day comes, you guys can now pre-order T300RS from Amazon and will be available on 17 Oct. ;):cheers:

Last edited:
Haven't check here for while anyone tried CPX with fanatec pedal on console yet? Just wondering.

Plus I noticed my wheel bit not tight I can feel bit turn like forward and backward each hands of wheel if you know what I mean. I did tight and still same....is that normal or should I worry? Thanks.

Latest Posts

Back