Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
please do, I would love to order CPX if work with console. I want fanatec pedal cos look metal than T3PA.

looking forward to hear what's your feedback. Thanks :)

The CPX works fine with anything the Thrustmaster wheels work with. The console or PC you have the wheel connected to is not aware of the CPX, in fact, the wheel is not aware of it either. It simply looks like a set of pedals to both. :)

Have you tried the cpx with the PS4? I know people keep saying that it works with the PS3 and the PC but do we know of anybody actually playing Driveclub for example on PS4 with out problems?

Thanks.

Have you tried the cpx with the PS4? I know people keep saying that it works with the PS3 and the PC but do we know of anybody actually playing Driveclub for example on PS4 with out problems?

Thanks.

@mrbasher said more than once that the game console (PS3, PS4, XBox, PC) and even the wheel base be it T500RS, T300RS or TX are aware of the device. It works on all platform just as long as the wheel base is supported on that specific platform and specific game.

The CPX works fine with anything the Thrustmaster wheels work with. The console or PC you have the wheel connected to is not aware of the CPX, in fact, the wheel is not aware of it either. It simply looks like a set of pedals to both. :)

Hi guys! I want to ask if anyone of you has the Obutto Ozone rig – does the clamp of the T300RS work with it? It seems that the V-shape clamp will collide with the V-shape tubing under the wheel deck, but that is only my presumption. It will be great if someone has a hands on impressions. Thanks!

Hi guys! I want to ask if anyone of you has the Obutto Ozone rig – does the clamp of the T300RS work with it? It seems that the V-shape clamp will collide with the V-shape tubing under the wheel deck, but that is only my presumption. It will be great if someone has a hands on impressions. Thanks!
I suggest you google Obutto Ozone with T500. The clamp of the T300 and T500 seems to me to be 100% identical both in shape and in positioning, the two wheels have the same overhang. If the T500 can be clamped, then there's no reason why the T300 couldn't be.

Of course, feel free to send Obutto a query, I'm sure they can confirm definitively :)

I suggest you google Obutto Ozone with T500. The clamp of the T300 and T500 seems to me to be 100% identical both in shape and in positioning, the two wheels have the same overhang. If the T500 can be clamped, then there's no reason why the T300 couldn't be.

Of course, feel free to send Obutto a query, I'm sure they can confirm definitively :)

Good idea! Made a quick search and it seems that I’m correct – the clamp does collide with the tubing. Seems there a few solutions, the easiest – using a wooden plank.

I always heard that too, but when I got my T500 it clamped right on, and the V bar was far enough to get me clearance. I had a very old oZone tho, so it might have changed. And my clamp did eventually break. It was still REALLY easy to just drill and hard mount tho, and much more solid and less rattle-y, since the metal part of the clamp just flops around whenever there is any FFB.

Can anyone please tell me the bolts required in order to fit the T300 wheel to the wheel stand pro:dunce:? I understand these are required instead of the current clamp style thing's I have with the DFGT.:bowdown:

Can anyone please tell me the bolts required in order to fit the T300 wheel to the wheel stand pro:dunce:? I understand these are required instead of the current clamp style thing's I have with the DFGT.:bowdown:

M6 are the ones that fir the T500RS & T300RS (also CSR, CSW & CSR Elite) wheels too as I understand it.

Jerome

Amazon

Finally available for Pre-order in the US

It has been since the 8 Oct apparently and I was bit late to notify some of the fellas here on the 10 Oct...

To my North America friends (@Jump_Ace , @Doodle , @mr_lab_rat ), as promised to let you guys know when the day comes, you guys can now pre-order T300RS from Amazon and will be available on 17 Oct. ;):cheers:

You're no. 7864 customer to pre-order it :lol: (jokes)

Did you get one? Hope you'll get the first batch of stock from Amazon or more likely to hope that Amazon will have enough stock to deliver. Some people waited weeks to for TH8A shifter for weeks after ordering. Not sure if it was their fault or Thrustmaster.

Last edited:
Lolwhoops thought I was replying to most recent post. I am most likely getting one. I just got halfway through the GT6 campaign, seems like a good time to learn wheels.

I'd like to buy from Fry's, so I can get a sameday swap if theres a problem with it, but their order page says there is no in-store pickup..

Lolwhoops thought I was replying to most recent post. I am most likely getting one. I just got halfway through the GT6 campaign, seems like a good time to learn wheels.

Excited to know more people are moving from controllers to a proper set of wheels where possible. It took me a while before I made the switch and it changes the experience of the game for better or worst. If T300RS is as reliable as T500RS, it'll be a great investment. Just make sure you get the Thrustmaster T3PA Wide Pedal Set.

I was thinking fanatec elite pedals with the adapter down the road.. (this is already a hugely expensive buy as it is for me)

Or are those pedals miles better than the t300 stockers?

thanks for the heads up , just ordered mine should get it Oct 17

I've been checking Amazon a few times a day for the past month, it's about time! :lol:

Ordered, thanks @Soulfresh_ACV :gtpflag:

Jerome

Thanks a lot @Soulfresh_ACV . Got it pre-ordered. :cheers:

Thanks for the heads up. :cheers:

Has anyone bought T3PA Pedals ?

Well done guys. Hope you'll enjoy your wheel and in time before PCars come out. :lol:

Would love to know if you guys purchase the T3PA pedals at the same time or went the alternative routes. If you guys did buy the TP3A pedals, please share your experience with us. BTW, there's also a thread on T3PA pedals thread on GTP as well.

Do the stock pedals suffer the same "feel" problems as the DFGT equivalent? Just wondered if the bungee strap mod would help in the same way:idea:

Well done guys. Hope you'll enjoy your wheel and in time before PCars come out. :lol:

Would love to know if you guys purchase the T3PA pedals at the same time or went the alternative routes. If you guys did buy the TP3A pedals, please share your experience with us. BTW, there's also a thread on T3PA pedals thread on GTP as well.

I kept my CSR Elite Pedals and bought the CPX adapter. Hopefully my wheel will arrive a week from today *fingers crossed*

Jerome

My honest opinion: plenty of people use DFGT pedals. The stock T300 pedals are a small step up from them, but their real drawback is that they lack brake firmness.

You can use them fine (I have been doing for numerous hours during the weekend in all kinds of sims). Threshold braking is somewhat tricky to judge, so I guess you'd end up leaving ABS on when driving GT competitively. But the throttle pedal is fine, with a decent throw.

Yes, pretty much any pedal set would be an upgrade (be it old G27 pedals or Fanatecs or the T3PA), but you don't need to consider them a "must have day 1" unless you absolutely need to have no-ABS braking without compromise.

Not sure if a brake mod would be feasible, but you could certainly try.

I was thinking fanatec elite pedals with the adapter down the road.. (this is already a hugely expensive buy as it is for me)

Or are those pedals miles better than the t300 stockers?
Apart from having the clutch, the biggest thing is the brake mod that comes with it which is much more "progressive" based from ISRTV review than the standard ones that came with the wheel.

My honest opinion: plenty of people use DFGT pedals. The stock T300 pedals are a small step up from the , but their real drawback is that they lack brake firmness.

You can use them fine (I have been doing for numerous hours during the weekend in all kinds of sims). Threshold braking is somewhat tricky to judge, so I guess you'd end up leaving ABS on when driving GT competitively. But the throttle pedal is fine, with a decent throw.

Yes, pretty much any pedal set would be an upgrade (be it old G27 pedals or Fanatecs or the T3PA), but you don't need to consider them a "must have day 1" unless you absolutely need to have no-ABS braking without compromise.
I could never get along with the floppy DFGT pedals:yuck: The bungee cord mod transformed the thing's for me:) will be the first thing I try with these stock pedals.:sly:

Hi guys,

I have managed to make two videos of my T300 RS issues.

In the first video you can hear these "clunks" going from the wheel base (is it the belt???) if turning left or right from centered position.

On the second one you can of course hear the same "sound/noice" and also you can notice another kind of sound - some sort of "clicking" noise.

Anyone experiencing the same issues? I guess this not a feature, isn`t it? :)

Probably have to make a replacement.

Thanks for your comments.

The paddles feel different to me, the left clicks a lot sooner so I have padded out the front and the right clicks further forward so I have padded out the back.

Anyone else having issues with the paddles not worrying too much as still well under warranty

Hi guys,

I have managed to make two videos of my T300 RS issues.

In the first video you can hear these "clunks" going from the wheel base (is it the belt???) if turning left or right from centered position.

On the second one you can of course hear the same "sound/noice" and also you can notice another kind of sound - some sort of "clicking" noise.

Anyone experiencing the same issues? I guess this not a feature, isn`t it? :)

Probably have to make a replacement.

Thanks for your comments.

Does that always happen when the wheel is centered? If you give the wheel a 360 and a 720 degree turn in each direction, does it still do it? Or if you give the wheel a 180 degree turn? I'd want to know consistency, and I know guys said their T500's needed to get worn in, but that doesn't sound normal.

Jerome

Thanks mate, look like I'll order from you soon but only $10 for deposit make me wonder how long will back to stock or?
Thanks.

Back