Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi guys,

got my T300 RS today.

First I have made the firmware upgrade through PC.

Then I connected it to the PS4 and run the Driveclub.

After auto-centering the wheel after connect to PS4 it seems the rim is not centered 100% to the middle. The blue stripe on the rim seems to be very slightly to the left side from ideal center position. I would say 1 cm. Anyone notice this? Or am I too picky? :) Is there a way how to manualy center it to required position and lock this setting in order to use it in the drive club? Also when I take of the rim from the base, after automatic calibration the "cross" which you can see on the base where the rim is connected is very slightly away from the ideal center possition.

Second thing - after I would say half hour of playing the weird clicking noise appeared. When the wheel is on and connected to USB port of PS4 (so the feedback is active) after turning rim to the right side from its centered possition two consecutive "clicks" can be heard. Turning left is OK. When unplug base from PS4 USB port, there is no clicking. I am pretty sure it was not there at the beginning.

Anyone? I am considering wheel exchange :(

Thanks a lot for your advice.
There is a standard procedure for correcting the center position... Look it up in the manual. My T500 came slightly offcenter, one time correction solved it for good.

Those clunks are probably the belt. I think that it's possibly just wearing in and occasionally needing to be pulled into alignment. I've felt a couple of clunks from mine but not something which happens every single time I turn it right, so not certain....
I just concluded that my T300RS was centering at 49.8% instead of 50% so I followed this procedure on mine too. MODE + SHARE + OPTION, hold briefly, once you let go the MODE light flashes briefly the other colour (so if you've got it on red it'll flash green briefly).

EDIT: I switched the wheel to 1080p mode in the PC drivers and then closed the drive app to do this, as stated in the manual Wildrun linked. If you are using the PS4 follow the instructions in the manual about how to do the update.

Like yours, my quick release screw isn't quite centered. Makes zero difference.

The alignment worked, thank you for it!

Please what you ment with "just wearing in and occasionally needing to be pulled into alignment." regarding to "clicks" in the wheel base?

Searching just for 't300rs' on Amazon, won't bring the item up for some dumb reason. You have to search for 'vg t300rs'. I wonder how long it's been there but I've been searching for the wrong term....

Jerome

The alignment worked, thank you for it!

Please what you ment with "just wearing in and occasionally needing to be pulled into alignment." regarding to "clicks" in the wheel base?
The T500 and I think also T300 belts are of the toothed variety, as far as I'm aware. As the teeth wear in you sometimes get clunk noises or slight strange feel when turning the wheel. It should clear up after some hours of use.

Haven't check here for while anyone tried CPX with fanatec pedal on console yet? Just wondering.

Plus I noticed my wheel bit not tight I can feel bit turn like forward and backward each hands of wheel if you know what I mean. I did tight and still same....is that normal or should I worry? Thanks.

I'm using it with a TX. works perfectly

The T500 and I think also T300 belts are of the toothed variety, as far as I'm aware. As the teeth wear in you sometimes get clunk noises or slight strange feel when turning the wheel. It should clear up after some hours of use.

Ok i understand. Thank you very much.

Searching just for 't300rs' on Amazon, won't bring the item up for some dumb reason. You have to search for 'vg t300rs'. I wonder how long it's been there but I've been searching for the wrong term....

Jerome

Haha - oh man thanks for the tip.. I was having the same problem.

EDIT - any ideas where else it will be sold in the US?

Quick question about T300 RS. Does your wheel, pedals, base and cardboard box have matching serial numbers?

I have same SN on the box, pedals and base, but wheel/rim have different number.

I'm trying to justify the $400 T300 or $200 for a new G27. I started GT1 with a wheel, all the way to GT6 and a DFGT
and have done pretty well with it. Been thinking about this as an upgrade, but wondering if I'd honestly get enough more enjoyment to make it worth the outlay. The shifter/clutch really doesn't factor in for me. The question is...
luxury item or performance (speed -wise) upgrade?
Thanks for opinions.

^ Fossil, the G27 is not PS4 compatable. If you are not concerned or don't have a PS4, I'd go the G27 route. It's a fantastic wheel and works great with pretty much all racing games on the PS3. I'm going for the T300 for the PS4 and PS3 on the 18th. :)

luxury item or performance (speed -wise) upgrade?
Thanks for opinions.
A wheel is always a Luxury item, then again I'm hopeless with a controller so for me it's wheel or nothing :)

Personally I think the DFGT is one of the best wheels for speed in GT, more powerful wheels with more powerful FFB don't make you faster due to the limitations of the FFB engine. They are more fun, though....

Purely in terms of future proofing, investing in a G27 to replace a DFGT at this point is not wise. Either wait for Logitech to change their mind and support their wheels on PS4 (in which case your DFGT will still work) or purchase a PS4 wheel at the time of release of a race sim for PS4. No reason to replace the DFGT now just to be faster in existing games....

Amazon.com currently only shows the T300RS, but not the T300 GTE. Searching for the T300 GTE only shows the GTE wheel add-on.

Haven't check here for while anyone tried CPX with fanatec pedal on console yet? Just wondering.

Plus I noticed my wheel bit not tight I can feel bit turn like forward and backward each hands of wheel if you know what I mean. I did tight and still same....is that normal or should I worry? Thanks.

I just got my CPX adapter and I ordered it in like July or something. I'll definitely reply back here after testing my CSR Elite pedals, TH8A and T300RS in GT6. Amazon says I'll get my wheel on the 20th Prime shippng FTW.

Jerome

I think I'm going to hold out in hopes for a black Friday sale on either the T300 or T500...

I would do the same...

But most likely is going to be a bundle, or its going to be sold out.

Your best choice, personally think is to wait for cyber monday.

Last year cyber monday for t500rs was 375 US $.

Anyone know if the T300 will fit on the T500 version of the wheel stand pro? The wheel stand pro made for the TX and T300 costs more but does not include the shifter plate that comes with the T500 wheel stand pro..

Are they just jacking up the price because the new wheel? or is there honestly something about the t300 / tx wheel stand pro that requires them to charge more?

The T300, TX and T500RS all have the exact same mounting holes and the exact same clamp mechanism. If one fits, all of them will.

I'm pretty sure the guy who did this video is using the T500RS stand with shifter adapter for his TX:

The T300, TX and T500RS all have the exact same mounting holes and the exact same clamp mechanism. If one fits, all of them will.

I'm pretty sure the guy who did this video is using the T500RS stand with shifter adapter for his TX:

That is exactly the setup I'm planning on using with the T300, but I can't tell if the base plate on my Wheel Stand Pro will fit both the wheel and TH8A (I currently have the DFGT clamped down). Too bad I cannot understand French, but the Wheel Stand Pro in this video has a larger base plate than mine.

I just got my CPX adapter and I ordered it in like July or something. I'll definitely reply back here after testing my CSR Elite pedals, TH8A and T300RS in GT6. Amazon says I'll get my wheel on the 20th Prime shippng FTW.

Jerome

please do, I would love to order CPX if work with console. I want fanatec pedal cos look metal than T3PA.

looking forward to hear what's your feedback. Thanks :)

Anyone know if the T300 will fit on the T500 version of the wheel stand pro? The wheel stand pro made for the TX and T300 costs more but does not include the shifter plate that comes with the T500 wheel stand pro..

Are they just jacking up the price because the new wheel? or is there honestly something about the t300 / tx wheel stand pro that requires them to charge more?

The T500 version and the T300 bolt patterns are the same ,the only difference that i can tell with the WSP is with the foot pedals

the stock T300 require a 2 bar clamp (that they sell ) and the T500 bolt direct

So if you buy the WSP for T300 that $10 or $20 more,or buy the T500 WSP and mount T300 with a $10 or $20 addon clamp it's all the same

Cool thanks!

I got an email from wheel stand pro's customer support and he said the shifter mounting plate dose come with the T300 / TX stand as well as both types of pedal mounts so if you get the t3pa pedals you're set.

Is it me or does the wheel reset to 1080 after every race in driveclub ?
is there a setting im missing some where.

Last edited:
Back