Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah Definitely!

I've used the G27 for a while now and has served me well on Dirt and Grid and after I did the GTeye brake spring change out mod it made the G27 actually usable. I remember when I first bought the G27 and me and my mate kept spinning out because me were to hard on the soft brake pedal.
Now I've moved into the new house I have a spare unused room. So now I have all these Ideas running through my head for a racing sim room lol. I want to order all the gear in the next 24hrs so it arrives on Friday or before. I have to fly out next Sunday for work for a month which suck but at least I will get a taste of it and have me penning for it whilst Im away. Ill start a new thread I guess and see if I can get some advice on how I should go about it.
Checked out the site in your sig. Pretty interesting, but do I really need to manual sift threw 45 pages of post to find the monitor I would like to see? They have them all listed in the first post, but they aren't links and doesn't even say what post or page they are located at.

Yep I need to address that Ive been lazy! It really would help by having every members name & monitor setup hyperlinked to make it easier than trawling through the 45 pages.

The thread is mainly there to spread awareness about debezelling computer monitors and that it is indeed possible. Also so we can keep all the info together about various monitors and success stories. Although I certainly wasn't the first to debezel a monitor I found that any info was scarce and spread throughout the web over many sites. But the most important reason is to provide help and feedback to people that want to do it but are scared to break something or dont know where to start or what monitor works well so they can seek guidance from people that have done it before. But yeah I need to make some links!!!

What did you think???

Its full of great info for anyone looking to debezell their screens. My only complaint (not really a complaint) is having to dig through all the post to find a certain monitor.

Edit: Didn't have my monitors listed. :(

LOL Well just ask the question maybe someone has done them but are yet to upload any info and pics. Also between all the lads we have covered most of the different types of monitors. Basically 90 percent are a panel clamped together by the front bezel and back housing. So you just split it and whip the panel out, relocate wires / buttons as required and decide how to make them stand up again because 9/10 time they loose the vesa mount thats built into the back half of the exterior housing.

Worst type of monitors for debezelling are the ones with the touch sensor buttons for the OSD! So if buying a monitor try and avoid them!

What monitors do you have?

:banghead: Of course I have touch pads. They are Dell monitors the mounting isn't an issue as they have no vesa mounts but do have some threaded holes in the back that I use for mounting to 80/20. My worry is they are the thickness of a cell phone. I have never seen monitors this thin. Im afraid I open it up and its just the screen and the bezel is the actual frame (housing?) for the screens. Don't want to end up with a hand full of pieces. :scared:

Edit: The only pics I could find. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-s2230mx-/261545615819?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item3ce55561cb

Last edited:
20140804_165514.jpg
Just picked up the T300 RS Ferrari GTE and on my way home.

I've got a whole rig to put together and have to get some sleep too so I'll post pics in like 12 hours.

Shame you had to go for a TH8RS not a TH8A.... the new shifter wasn't for sale yet?

Its supposed to be released Aug 30th, but then again the T300RS is supposed to be released on the 15th and he got it early somehow. I certainly would not buy a TH8RS right now with the TH8A so close to release. The TH8A supports PC, PS3/PS4, XBO, no real point in getting the TH8RS when it doesn't support as many platforms.

Early days but what do you think of the T300?
I'm actually yet to use it in game. After finally moving and opening everything I got to the stage where I downloaded the drivers and then I fell asleep in the cockpit. LOL I had been awake for 30hrs straight. I have just woke up so I'll definitely give it all a go today and get back to ya.

I'm having few issues with getting the T300 RS GTE Wheel to work in game.

Assetto Corsa - Has recognised that I have a T300 and TH8RS and I've been able to calibrate and save the settings. However when I go to the practice circuit I cannot do anything other than move gears up or down with the TH8RS. Basically the Wheel and Pedals are not working in game but in options controller setup menu they are fine.

Dirt Showdown, Grid Autosport and Grid 2 don't even recognise what the T300 is. I have yet to try rFactor2 or iRacing.

I'm going to sign up and download iRacing now and see how it goes.

Well I guess someone always has to be the guinea pig lol.

The T300 is one smooth operator. It has brought joy back to racing.

Works really well with iRacing. Easy to configure.

I have the g27 and the T300 RS blows it out of the water. I've used the T500rs for maybe 30mins in total the other day and the only difference was the T300 feels smoother. Overall it's cheaper and the pedals are satisfactory and not having a clutch is no loss for me. Also the T300 brush less motor is going to only add more positives on top.

Last edited:
I'm having few issues with getting the T300 RS GTE Wheel to work in game.

Assetto Corsa - Has recognised that I have a T300 and TH8RS and I've been able to calibrate and save the settings. However when I go to the practice circuit I cannot do anything other than move gears up or down with the TH8RS. Basically the Wheel and Pedals are not working in game but in options controller setup menu they are fine.

Dirt Showdown, Grid Autosport and Grid 2 don't even recognise what the T300 is. I have yet to try rFactor2 or iRacing.

I'm going to sign up and download iRacing now and see how it goes.

Well I guess someone always has to be the guinea pig lol.

For Assetto Corsa, that's just like the TX. You have to go through the wheel setup wizard, then when you complete it. Save it as a profile and call the profile whatever you want. Assetto Corsa won't work without a saved profile, or at least it didn't with my TX.

You have to manually configure the wheel setup in Dirt Showdown, GIRD Auto, Grid 2, rFactor 2, and iRacing because they weren't programmed with a default profile with that wheel because those games were released before the wheel was available. Its very easy to do, I've had to do with my TX for almost all PC games except GRID Auto, only because the TX was out before GRID Auto was released.

You're not a guinea pig, this is simply the way of life when using a new wheel on older PC games. Is this your first wheel for PC gaming?

I have the g27 and the T300 RS blows it out of the water. I've used the T500rs for maybe 30mins in total the other day and the only difference was the T300 feels smoother. Overall it's cheaper and the pedals are satisfactory and not having a clutch is no loss for me. Also the T300 brush less motor is going to only add more positives on top.

The TX and T300 is a LOT smoother with the brushless motor and new belt system. Makes the T500 feel a bit stiff and slower to respond. The TX and T300 are very quick wheels and quiet too.

Last edited by a moderator:
For Assetto Corsa, that's just like the TX. You have to go through the wheel setup wizard, then when you complete it. Save it as a profile and call the profile whatever you want. Assetto Corsa won't work without a saved profile, or at least it didn't with my TX.

You have to manually configure the wheel setup in Dirt Showdown, GIRD Auto, Grid 2, rFactor 2, and iRacing because they weren't programmed with a default profile with that wheel because those games were released before the wheel was available. Its very easy to do, I've had to do with my TX for almost all PC games except GRID Auto, only because the TX was out before GRID Auto was released.

You're not a guinea pig, this is simply the way of life when using a new wheel on older PC games. Is this your first wheel for PC gaming?

My first wheel was the G27. Never had a problem with it software wise.

That's the price you pay for owning a wheel newer than the race sim software..... The T500RS is fully recognized by name in all recent sims/car games I own (including Assetto Corsa, pCARS, GRiD 2, GRiD Autosport, iRacing to name a few). I'm sure TX and T300RS will come soon enough.

Actually, I think pCARS already has TX and T300RS, I was clicking through the wheel presets a few days ago in a recent build and saw a T300RS picture iirc....

its a very old wheel, that's why.

That's the price you pay for owning a wheel newer than the race sim software..... The T500RS is fully recognized by name in all recent sims/car games I own (including Assetto Corsa, pCARS, GRiD 2, GRiD Autosport, iRacing to name a few). I'm sure TX and T300RS will come soon enough.

Actually, I think pCARS already has TX and T300RS, I was clicking through the wheel presets a few days ago in a recent build and saw a T300RS picture iirc....

Yea, it will. The TX is already supported by GRID Auto.

Last edited by a moderator:

How is the resistance in the brake pedal that comes with the T300? Is it in the DFGT/DFP range where it needs modding to have any resistance? Or is it "strong enough" like the G27 brake pedal where modding makes it better but is not needed?

I'm getting more and more interested in the T300RS should I start simracing again.

If you have a PC I would think so. endurance racing with driver changes is da ****. It´s become fashion soon all driving simulators worth something has it. On it´s way in iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Game Stock car. Already there in rFactor 2 :)

The T300 RS Wheel is a remarkable steering wheel. It has all the good features of the T500 RS and its own, like brushless motors and internal memory. Improvement is expected when a new updated model is released and the T300 RS Wheel Base has been! But does the the T300 RS pedals get the job done?

The T300 RS pedals will do an Ok job for PS4 but forget about using these pedals if your going to be using them for PC racing sims. They have no clutch and the unrealistic soft feel is disgusting and caused me many accidents from over and under braking. I did eventually get to the stage where i accepted them for what they are until my Fanatec Clubsport v2 pedals arrived and automatically shaved 3 to 4 seconds off my laptimes and improved my consistency and this was without even adjusting the Clubsport pedals. The Logitech are ok once they have had the brake mod upgrade but lack a bit of class but I still felt the t300 rs had more accuracy once you got used to them but if you are to persist with them then you need to upgrade the brake actuation resistence.
I think Thrustmaster have resigned to the fact that that most pc sim racers are buying the Fanatec Clubsport pedals and throwing away their Thrustmaster pedals. So by pairing these cheap T300 pedals it allows thrustmaster to compete with the Logitech G27 at a similar price range and distance themselves from the Fanatec Clubsport wheel.
The T300 RS paired with the Clubsport v2 pedals will be more than enough for most sim rigs.

Last edited:
I would say the most you would benefit is in the reliability and it's ability to work with the ps4 natively. It is more quiter and a tad smoother.

The TX and T300 is a LOT smoother with the brushless motor and new belt system. Makes the T500 feel a bit stiff and slower to respond. The TX and T300 are very quick wheels and quiet too.

actually the belt system is the same, i had a look in my TX wheel when it arrived (it was DOA) and it has the same type of belt system as my t500

actually the belt system is the same, i had a look in my TX wheel when it arrived (it was DOA) and it has the same type of belt system as my t500

Okay if so Thrustmaster is lying with their marketing if that is correct :)

It appears like the TX is smoother. Ultra smooth beat Super smooth right.
However the T300RS is ultra responsive and the TX is just super responsive lol

If the T300RS is like the TX I would say it should be a lot smoother then the T500RS.

The brake pedal for the T300 pedal set looks like garbage. Anybody know if the T3PA is any better? If not, hopefully there will be some kind of adapter to use G27 pedals with the T300.

How fast does the wheelspin
I would say the most you would benefit is in the reliability and it's ability to work with the ps4 natively. It is more quiter and a tad smoother.

what the strength like, you know how the t500rs violently counter spins, it the t300rs like that too? maybe a video of it when connected via pc in the properties section where you can test all those pre set forcefeed back checks if you have time.

Back