Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm gonna check that after I get better and be able to come back home.

Another thing is that where do I put it? I'm currently running my ps4 on a 60 inch screen in the living room but I don't see that as the place to do my racing.
Then I suggest also a Wheel Stand Pro. But cost you extra...

Then I suggest also a Wheel Stand Pro. But cost you extra...
Okay, one problem is that the ones that are sold here are way more expensive than the online site pricing. That and there are grey imports and not official support is available here.

Question: where do i buy one from? From which online store?

Not too happy, I bought the T300RS GT from Amazon both times, 1st Rim had an issue where the actual Rim wouldn't come off the Base when attached... I had to send it back attached in the box somehow but DPD still collected it and was refunded. I then placed another Order for a 2nd T300 RS GT & This time It's developed a fault where there's a Scratching/Grinding noise when you turn the wheel to the right 40 Degrees. This is on a Weeks worth of use on GT Sport so the FFB isn't even being used heavily.

Overall really disappointed as I ordered the 599XX Rim & F1 Rim to use on this but they're also going to both be sent back till I confirm what Rim I'll be purchasing in the near future. Going to wait to see what the Thrustmaster Direct Drive Wheel is like or the offering that Fanatac might me doing for PlayStation as well.

I'm gonna check that after I get better and be able to come back home.

Another thing is that where do I put it? I'm currently running my ps4 on a 60 inch screen in the living room but I don't see that as the place to do my racing.

I have this in my living room https://www.pagnianimports.com.au/r...me-v2-racing-simulator-cockpit-chair-421.html in front of my 65 inch bravia and 6.1 surround and I'm really enjoying it.
Just move the rig to the side when not in use. Just hope that your wife doesn't raise any objections :)

Last edited:
Not too happy, I bought the T300RS GT from Amazon both times, 1st Rim had an issue where the actual Rim wouldn't come off the Base when attached... I had to send it back attached in the box somehow but DPD still collected it and was refunded. I then placed another Order for a 2nd T300 RS GT & This time It's developed a fault where there's a Scratching/Grinding noise when you turn the wheel to the right 40 Degrees. This is on a Weeks worth of use on GT Sport so the FFB isn't even being used heavily.

Overall really disappointed as I ordered the 599XX Rim & F1 Rim to use on this but they're also going to both be sent back till I confirm what Rim I'll be purchasing in the near future. Going to wait to see what the Thrustmaster Direct Drive Wheel is like or the offering that Fanatac might me doing for PlayStation as well.

Why are so many people calling this a DD wheel I have yet to see any word or proof of it Did I miss something?

Hi guys, I've bought a T300 gte a bit less than a year ago, and after the first wheel arrived "dead" (I literally played it 30 mins the day it arrived, started the day after it was dead) I got a replacement one from amazon few days later. Now I have a problem also with this one: starting few months ago, the rim started making a very subtle squeaking noise, mainly in the zone of the right spoke of the rim. I never really cared about this until few weeks ago, when after not being able to use the wheel the squeaking became more evident, until these days where it feels like the plastic on the back of the rim is going to break every time i touch the rim (it squeaks even when it's doing the self calibration upon starting the wheel). I tried disconnecting the rim and putting a bit of grease in the little gap between the rim itself and the "screw" of the quick realese since the noise seemed coming from there, obviously without any result on the noise. So I decided to ask to you: anyone have ever had this same problem? Is it possible that the warranty will cover it (I have never opened the rim or the wheel base)?

Hi guys, I've bought a T300 gte a bit less than a year ago, and after the first wheel arrived "dead" (I literally played it 30 mins the day it arrived, started the day after it was dead) I got a replacement one from amazon few days later. Now I have a problem also with this one: starting few months ago, the rim started making a very subtle squeaking noise, mainly in the zone of the right spoke of the rim. I never really cared about this until few weeks ago, when after not being able to use the wheel the squeaking became more evident, until these days where it feels like the plastic on the back of the rim is going to break every time i touch the rim (it squeaks even when it's doing the self calibration upon starting the wheel). I tried disconnecting the rim and putting a bit of grease in the little gap between the rim itself and the "screw" of the quick realese since the noise seemed coming from there, obviously without any result on the noise. So I decided to ask to you: anyone have ever had this same problem? Is it possible that the warranty will cover it (I have never opened the rim or the wheel base)?

That's probably two times bad luck for you :banghead: My T300GTE still works fine from day one (only that annoying fan noise. replacement fan is already waiting on the shelf). From what I've read on several topics/forum sites the issue you describes is valid for a warranty ticket.

That's probably two times bad luck for you :banghead: My T300GTE still works fine from day one (only that annoying fan noise. replacement fan is already waiting on the shelf). From what I've read on several topics/forum sites the issue you describes is valid for a warranty ticket.

well, look I'm not even that mad about it being faulty two times: at the end the first one was super quickly solved (I love Amazon) and this time it's not that the wheel is unusable... the only thing I would have avoided is having to arrange the shipment and the warranty. (maybe the fact that i've gone through 4/5 Nexus 5s have something to do with me not being mad about this:lol:, but that's OT).
Anyway do you suggest contacting directly thrustmasters or asking the seller (amazon)? Usually which are the times for a warranty repair (do they repair it or send a new/refurbished one:confused:)?

Finally got my three-pedal set. :D The rig is coming along.

XbZdo2F.jpg

well, look I'm not even that mad about it being faulty two times: at the end the first one was super quickly solved (I love Amazon) and this time it's not that the wheel is unusable... the only thing I would have avoided is having to arrange the shipment and the warranty. (maybe the fact that i've gone through 4/5 Nexus 5s have something to do with me not being mad about this:lol:, but that's OT).
Anyway do you suggest contacting directly thrustmasters or asking the seller (amazon)? Usually which are the times for a warranty repair (do they repair it or send a new/refurbished one:confused:)?

I want to answer your questions but I'm not familiar with Amazon warranty. My assumption is to contact Amazon in stead of Thrustmaster because you bought it there and they will take care of the warranty and can take up to a couple of weeks? It is not guaranteed you get a brand new T300 I think they are allowed to replace it with a equivalent (so also refurbished). Just ask Amazon! Good luck with this warranty handling

Amazon are typically much faster. They will probably collect the faulty wheel and send a replacement which would be quicker than going through TM.

Going back to the retailer first is good practice anyway. If a retailer are getting regular complaints about a product they are more likely to pressurise the manufacturer to make improvements.

Manufacturers don't like retailers to know that there are problems with the products. That's why the manufacturers often urge customers to contact them directly instead. ;)

Are the T300 fans 3 speed or 2? I thought my T300 fan use to ramp up pretty loud and fast but know it is really quiet and seems slow. I did the firmware update and have forced the fan on full time. Maybe because I put my wheel away for a while and forgot what the fan sounded like.

To those who own Fanatec CSP V3 pedals with T300rs, do you think bashboards CPX Adapter is a good workaround? Can someone confirms that it works with GT Sport?
Thanks Guys.

To those who own Fanatec CSP V3 pedals with T300rs, do you think bashboards CPX Adapter is a good workaround? Can someone confirms that it works with GT Sport?
Thanks Guys.

I'm using T300rs with cpx adapter and csl elite loadcell pedals. Works great and no problems at all. Have only played Assetto Corsa and PCars but GT Sport and other games should work well too. The adapter just converts signals from Fanatec pedals so that they appear as regular Thrustmaster ones.

After 2.5yrs my T300 is dying and has to be calibrated with my PC before I plug it in to the PS4 every single time I play.

The process doesn't take too long, but I don't like having to disconnect/reconnect the rim every time I run the calibration software. Afterwards it'll run for hours until I turn the console off. Irksome.

TM quoted me a minimum of 60 Euros to look at it, plus shipping both ways, plus parts, and say it may also be irreparable as their engineers can't access certain parts within the base.

Has anyone any experience with chargeable repairs for this wheel? I'm trying to work out if it's worth paying over £100 for a repair job or just save up for a spanky new one (my 40th bday next month).

Got a 599 rim and Pro pedals so I'm tied in to TM.

@bleeder - Sorry to hear that.

What's the problem and how does it manifest?
Cheers. When self-calibrating on PS4 instead of the usual routine it just repeatedly slams itself to the far right and doesn't stop until it's unplugged. I found a few videos on YouTube with the exact same fault. I took one of my own and sent it to TM.

I can put it in PS3 mode and plug into the laptop and it behave normally. After running their software it can be plugged back into the console and it calibrates normally. I'm just waiting for the software to have no effect then it'll be truly dead. At least I can still use it for the time being.

@bleeder Does the force feedback work normally? My first t300 broke the same way that it would just keep banging to one side. Calibrating with pc helped but still the ffb faded away after a couple of minutes of driving. Lucky it had warranty left.

I wouldnt pay much for repairing it. Could just develop another fault the very next day as they are not very reliable after all..

@bleeder Does the force feedback work normally? My first t300 broke the same way that it would just keep banging to one side. Calibrating with pc helped but still the ffb faded away after a couple of minutes of driving. Lucky it had warranty left.

I wouldnt pay much for repairing it. Could just develop another fault the very next day as they are not very reliable after all..
No it seems fine for as long as I use it afterwards. Played for a few hours today and it felt the same all the way through, and I was only using 1 car for all of that. I'm leaning towards buying a new one instead of paying and hoping for the best. Plus I have a feeling it'll need posting from UK to EU and that won't be cheap.

@bleeder , I had same issue slamming to one side. I sent in for repairs under warranty. 4 months later and now out of warranty the wheel developed same problem. I called thustmaser and quoted same price schld for repair. Seeing they just fixed an issue I passed and bought a Thrustmaster servo base. Saved plenty of money and I am back racing. Since you have already have a wheel this may be an option. They are on sale now for $225.00

good luck

***edit*** just noticed you are not in USA. Suggest google thrustmaster servo base, hopefully they are on sale in your part of the world.

Last edited:
@bleeder , I had same issue slamming to one side. I sent in for repairs under warranty. 4 months later and now out of warranty the wheel developed same problem. I called thustmaser and quoted same price schld for repair. Seeing they just fixed an issue I passed and bought a Thrustmaster servo base. Saved plenty of money and I am back racing. Since you have already have a wheel this may be an option. They are on sale now for $225.00

good luck

***edit*** just noticed you are not in USA. Suggest google thrustmaster servo base, hopefully they are on sale in your part of the world.
Thanks for the advice, sucks you had the problem too.

I had a look and can't see just the servo base on sale in the UK. Might try TM direct. A T300 kit is around £230-250 (or £199 from some online retailer I've not heard of).

I also read that the new wheel bases might be superior in build quality to the original ones (mine dates back to October 2014) so I think a new one is definitely the way to go.

Oh man... more than 1 year after my T300 broke, i'm thinking in buy another wheel(had a T500 after that but had to sold it).
I can't find a new T500 to buy, only the T300, i was hoping to come back in this topic and hear better things about the T300 but... all those new cases make me not want to buy it.

I think i'll buy another used T500.

I also read that the new wheel bases might be superior in build quality to the original ones (mine dates back to October 2014) so I think a new one is definitely the way to go.

I wouldn't say say... Take a look at My Video further Up the page. The Newest T300RS GT Edition was released this year & I went through 2 Of them during the EU Beta alone... I'm now stuck waiting on the DD Wheel Release Date or If I should get a Brand New T500RS from Amazon whilst I can... Without a wheel really sucks :(

I wouldn't say say... Take a look at My Video further Up the page. The Newest T300RS GT Edition was released this year & I went through 2 Of them during the EU Beta alone... I'm now stuck waiting on the DD Wheel Release Date or If I should get a Brand New T500RS from Amazon whilst I can... Without a wheel really sucks :(
I guess I'll take my chances then. Sounds like 2.5yrs use wasn't too bad going, although I'd expect more really.

I had a look and can't see just the servo base on sale in the UK. Might try TM direct. A T300 kit is around £230-250 (or £199 from some online retailer I've not heard of).

There's no discounting on the base though, it's £230 from TM shop. Box has the RS GT for £250 - by selling the pedals and rim you could get the base for less than £200.

There's no discounting on the base though, it's £230 from TM shop. Box has the RS GT for £250 - by selling the pedals and rim you could get the base for less than £200.
Thanks. I saw one guy selling a base in eBay for £180 but my last one was from eBay (still sealed) so I think I'll go official this time and try to sell all the bits I don't need.

Thanks. I saw one guy selling a base in eBay for £180 but my last one was from eBay (still sealed) so I think I'll go official this time and try to sell all the bits I don't need.
The official TM online store (the Portuguese version, at least) sometimes has used stuff for sale. They are refurbished and sell for half the original price, with the full 2 years of warranty. It's where I bought my T300RS from last year, for 180€.

Maybe worth a check?

EDIT: Customer support was great from there, too.

Last edited:
Back