Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Australia
Australia
Soulfresh-ACV

Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel
now available on Amazon

Compatibility:
PS3/PS4/PC | Release Year: 2014 | Price: Mid (Check) | Wheel Rotation: 1080° | Shifters: Paddle | Pedals: Brake+Gas

The T300 RS includes a detachable wheel, featuring the Thrustmaster Quick Release system: the wheel measures 28 cm / 11 inches in diameter, with brushed metal central spokes.

Its official PS4 buttons (PS, SHARE, OPTIONS) let users access the system’s new social functions at any time. The T300 RS weighs in at approximately 1.2 kg / 2.6 lbs, for ultra-realistic inertia and Force Feedback.

The wheel’s entire circumference features reinforced textured rubber cladding, for the ultimate in comfort. 2 large sequential paddle shifters are attached to the wheel: they’re 13 cm / 5 inches in height for easy access, and 100% metal.

The wheel’s angle of rotation can be adjusted from 270° to 1080°, depending on the type of vehicle being driven in the game! What’s more, the wheel is interchangable with other Thrustmaster wheels (the Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-on*, Ferrari GTE Wheel Add-on* and T500 RS* GT Wheel).

The T300 RS’s pedal set features metal pedals with a long range of travel, which are fully adjustable in both height and spacing – with 6 different possible positions per pedal. The brake pedal even features progressive resistance.

Thrustmaster T300 GT Racing Wheel
now available on Amazon

Compatibility:
PS3/PS4/PC | Release Year: 2016 | Price: High (Check) | Wheel Rotation: 1080° | Shifters: Paddle | Pedals: Brake+Clutch+Gas
Comments: GT branded edition of original T300RS with T3PA pedals

Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Ferrari 599XX EVO Alcantara Edition
now available on Amazon

Compatibility:
PS3/PS4/PC | Release Year: 2015 | Price: High (Check) | Wheel Rotation: 1080° | Shifters: Paddle | Pedals: Brake+Clutch+Gas
Comments: Alternative edition of original T300RS with Thrustmaster 599XX EVO 30 Wheel and T3PA pedals

Thrustmaster VG T300RS Racing Wheel Servo Base
now available on Amazon

Compatibility:
PS3/PS4/PC | Release Year: 2015 | Price: Low (Check) | Wheel Rotation: 1080° | Shifters: Paddle | Pedals: Not Included
Comments: Base ONLY

Accessories
Mods

Official Thrustmaster Support - Driver/Firmware, Mapping, Game Settings, Manual

Official overview

ISRTV Thrustmaster T300 RS Racing Wheel PS4 review

ISRTV Thrustmaster T300 RS Racing Wheel PC review

Please feel free to ask any questions, share your experiences or any issues. If you want to recommend Thrustmaster T300RS to others or looking for alternative wheels, go to The Ultimate force feedback "Wheel Buyers Guide" for Game Consoles.

Last edited:
If the rim could work with a T500RS (being as it is compatible with the PS4), I would throw money at Thrustmaster.
That's what I hope so. No official word from them though. But based on the button in the T300 RS base for switching to either PS4 or PS3, I would say highly unlikely.

I wish they would release a flat-bottom racing wheel like the one MadCatz was going to release next month or at least some thing nicer than the existing ones.

Wow again they market it´s super heaviness as a pro for uber realistic inertia... Crazy do consumers buy that? In none of my real life cars I have to deal with such inertia as the GTE rim offer ;). But I am the first to admit not owning a GTE F458 lol and none of the cars I drive have smallish 280 mm rims.

Essentially it´s the same rim it looks like. 1080 degrees why is the TX locked to 900? Or I would say 860 the software ffb locks on mean I can´t use all the 900 degrees.

Questions for me are...

1. Price?
2. Will the T500 pedals and TH8RS shifter be compatible?
3. Release date?

Can't quite work out if this is what the DFGT was to the G27 in logitech terms and we should expect to see a higher spec version soon, or is it designed to be modded seeing as other wheels, pedals and shifters will fit/be compatible with it.

If the rim could work with a T500RS (being as it is compatible with the PS4), I would throw money at Thrustmaster.

I agree that rim is beautiful and finally the paddles are on the rim.
I tried the 458 GTE rim but I didn't like how small the rim it was.

But could you make it rain?

Anyhow, its fully compatible with the PS4 And PS3 and PC?

Not impressed in the least. C'mon Thrustmaster. You have the chance at the premier wheel for the PS4. Why this rehash with less features and less function? I don't care about a 'share' button. I don't share, neither should you.

Looks to me like its the 458GTE rim in new clothes.
Probably same guts as the TX base, pedals well...ouch.

Time will tell if they make any accessories available like 3-pedal set.
GT7 for PS4 not official yet, so they may have another surprise yet.

TM raves so much about this so-called ecosystem of theirs, yet they don't make the purchasing of each of the components of said ecosystems available.

If you want a TX with a different rim and pedals you need to buy the crappy plastic rim and pedals and THEN buy the ones you want. Same goes for the T500 and T300. Waste of money for an otherwise good idea. :(

Also thanks for renaming the thread. :dopey:

TM raves so much about this so-called ecosystem of theirs, yet they don't make the purchasing of each of the components of said ecosystems available.

If you want a TX with a different rim and pedals you need to buy the crappy plastic rim and pedals and THEN buy the ones you want. Same goes for the T500 and T300. Waste of money for an otherwise good idea. :(

No, you get a FREE wheel and pedals when you buy the TX, and then you can upgrade by purchasing higher-end wheels or pedals separately -- but the moment you un-box the TX, you can use it from Day 1, with no other purchases required. Try using a CSW wheel base, straight out of the box, without making any other purchases.

:D

Also, you're not reading very carefully -- it looks to me like Thrustmaster's "ecosystem" is about to get a little bigger, as in TM possibly selling the T500RS pedals and the fixed paddle shifters as separate upgrades. Check the fine print at the bottom of the press release:

Link: http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/press/t300-rs-first-official-force-feedback-wheel-playstation-4

From the press release:

The T300 RS is also compatible with the Base Fixed Paddle Shifters kit* (allowing users to install stationary paddle shifters on the wheel’s base), Thrustmaster’s 3-pedal pedal sets (T3PA* and T500 RS*), and the TH8A* and TH8RS* shifters.

• The T300 RS will be available from August 15, 2014, at a suggested retail price of €369.99 (taxes included).

* Sold separately

The suggested price is a bit high is my only complaint. That is the suggested retail price with taxes included..

If the price comes down when it is released , GT6 and Grid AutoSport update to work with it, I will buy one. Been looking for what my next wheel should be cause I still have a DFGT. This would allow me to upgrade my wheel, then continue to use it months later for Project Cars and PS4.

Looks to me like its the 458GTE rim in new clothes.
Probably same guts as the TX base, pedals well...ouch.

Time will tell if they make any accessories available like 3-pedal set.
GT7 for PS4 not official yet, so they may have another surprise yet.

It looks to me like the larger (stock) GT wheel from the T500RS, equipped with "outrigger" buttons and paddle shifters like the 468GTE rim.

As for the planned ecosystem, see my note above about the fine print at the bottom of the press release.

:)

No, you get a FREE wheel and pedals when you buy the TX, and then you can upgrade by purchasing higher-end wheels or pedals separately -- but the moment you un-box the TX, you can use it from Day 1, with no other purchases required. Try using a CSW wheel base, straight out of the box, without making any other purchases.

Nothing in life is free. I get your point, yes, you have a rim and pedals you can race straight away with, but they are most definitely NOT free. The $399 MSRP includes the manufacturing costs of the default rim and pedals, and if you want to buy different ones you'll end up spending money for 2 rims and pedals each. So that's $399 plus whatever the cost of your new pedals and rim is. You end up with 2 of each, including the stock rim and pedals, which in the case of the TX, many people don't like. What if they sold the base only for $340 or so?

Don't get me wrong, I literally just got my new T500 and GTE wheel delivered yesterday. It's amazing. I had to wait until I found someone who was willing to sell their base and GTE wheel without the stock rim and pedals which I wasn't going to use. Wouldn't it be better if people didn't have to jump through hoops to get their desired combo?

Fair point about the * Sold separately thing, but at this point we don't know for sure. The fact remains that depending on your needs, you may end up paying for stuff you won't use.

It looks to me like the larger (stock) GT wheel from the T500RS, equipped with "outrigger" buttons and paddle shifters like the 468GTE rim.

As for the planned ecosystem, see my note above about the fine print at the bottom of the press release.

Good news about the planned eco-system. :)
Nice to know, its plug and play with all my existing gear.
Easier on wallet should my T500 ever fail post-warranty. :)

Hope you are right about the rim being same diameter as GT wheel...
...and hope it'll be available separately, but still love the 458GTE rim...
...its purrfect for old-school formula and LMP cars.

Last edited:
I was kind of expecting an all singing and dancing T500RS replacement, something to rival the Fanatec CSW with standard features like 3 pedals, load cell brake and newer technologies to the T500 RS base. I wonder if it is still coming, I'm reluctant to buy at the moment.

€370 for a wheel with plastic pedals without a clutch is just too high. If it would come with pedals similar to Logitech's G27, that would be a more or less acceptable rate, but this...?

What's funny is, ISR tried selling the narrative that the Thrustmaster TX didn't have a clutch because it had the Ferrari license and Ferrari is a stickler about their licenses having absolutely accurate representation. Never made much sense, but this certainly clarifies it's all about the money and selling peripherals. There's no Ferrari clutch to lean on this time.

What's funny is, ISR tried selling the narrative that the Thrustmaster TX didn't have a clutch because it had the Ferrari license and Ferrari is a stickler about their licenses having absolutely accurate representation. Never made much sense, but this certainly clarifies it's all about the money and selling peripherals. There's no Ferrari clutch to lean on this time.
Just remember to take ALL ISR reviews with a grain of salt. They are more of an advertising site than a review site. They do a great job giving a first hand look at the products they "review", but everything they do gets a 8 out of 10 or better. They have to keep it positive so companies will continue to give them products.

I think it´s just the GTE F458 rim with PS 4 labels on the button more or less. The same weight just that seem to indicate it´s the same apart from the rubber and face plate etc all give a real deja vu feeling.

As for cost if they would sell the wheel and pedals separately they may loose some customers as I suspect buying it all complete would then cost more. The pedals are adequate for console racers afterall they are not that bad on the TX for example. Say a HE Sim Ultimate owner ;)

The F458 Italia rim and pedals are made cheap absolutely so you are not paying to much for those. The irony is I suppose what the F458 Italia rim get flac for is what make it feel so good. It looks and feel cheap in hand like a paper weight in hand. Attach it to the TX base and you just get the same cheap rubber as on the GTE rim. No worse no better I never touch the plastic parts of it. And the button layout is actually better then the GTE rim and the paddles have a bit more positive feel to them. The only thing that is not better is the D-pad as the ergonomic grip on the F458 Italia work really well. But this is subjective a round grip is always safer :)

Just remember to take ALL ISR reviews with a grain of salt. They are more of an advertising site than a review site. They do a great job giving a first hand look at the products they "review", but everything they do gets a 8 out of 10 or better. They have to keep it positive so companies will continue to give them products.

For a while now, I have come to view such online "reviews" as marketing-flavored reviews.
More than one entity does this in my humble opinion, some taller, some shorter, than others. :lol:

Seems like a great gig, especially if you can keep what is "reviewed" for long-term "analysis".
No doubt, prior to hitting record, background props carefully re-arranged each commercial show. :sly:

Last edited:
Am I the only one here who don´t get why they can´t have a stock wheel wich is as large as a real one? I mean It´s definitely not made for toddlers and do it really cost so much more just to make it 330mm or 350mm? Maybe some conspiracy to make real wheel manufacturers make more cash?

Back