Thrustmaster T300rs wheel FFB to heavy/strong feeling

• Thread starter kingfuzz
  • 31 comments
Entirely different problem. GT Sport does not recognize my T300RS Alcantara wheel.
And even the diagram shown for the wheel in GT Sport does not match the buttons on my wheel.
This wheel works fine on PC and with Assetto Corsa on PS4. What a let down.

And yes, it's setup properly. I should not have spent my $$ on this game. I'll see if I can find any setup info on the site.
:confused:👎:irked:

I'd be worried about ruining a wheel to if it was out of warranty. I just got my T300 a couple months ago and was playing project cars and thought It was way too light feeling, to me Gran Turismo feels really good. But then again I'm six foot three and pretty well-built from working monotonous labor jobs. And used to racing my RX7 without power steering.

But all these threads from a year or 2 ago about the T300 wearing out kind of scares me, hopefully if mine busts it does during the one-year warranty :-) I'm hoping that thrustmaster did some reliability modifications to their wheel.

But then again, I don't have too much experience, my last wheel was a driving force GT and the one before it didn't even have force feedback.

Well I am 6 foot 220..strength is not the problem.. I can not feel what the car is doing, its just heavy FFB and my wheel fan comes on after 3 laps.

I run Project Cars 2, F12017, Nascar Heat 2, Drive Club VR, Dirt Rally, Dirt 4 and Assetto Corsa with no problems with wheel.

Got you, I guess I don't notice until about 10 minutes after racing if my fans on or not because I've got headphones on and usually take that long before I'm done qualifying or with the race. But I assume Mine comes on just as fast, but it comes on just as fast in project cars for me, I guess I got that set up a little high as well :-)

Finishing work early to go play this in a couple of hours, can't wait! I have a T300 so I imagine I'll be spending some time tinkering with the settings to get the feel right like I did with AC and F1, not played the demo so wondering if any of you have had to alter the default wheel settings much for this game? What's the best configuration you've found so far?

Finishing work early to go play this in a couple of hours, can't wait! I have a T300 so I imagine I'll be spending some time tinkering with the settings to get the feel right like I did with AC and F1, not played the demo so wondering if any of you have had to alter the default wheel settings much for this game? What's the best configuration you've found so far?

You really won't there are like 2 settings, none of which make much difference, it's just not playable with a wheel in the current state so be prepared to use a pad or risk breaking your wheel with the terrible FFB. Pretty pathetic of PD to release a game in this state, very disappointing.

Did you guys had the same problem with the open beta?
Because I didn't (T300rs). FFB felt OK. Not as good as AC but OK.

Good to see its not just me feeling like this, that has been my exact experience too. FFB on GT Sport with T300rs is way too strong, even on lowest FFB settings. Why did they change it from the Beta?:banghead:
Agree that the Beta was not quite up to AC like FFB detail, but it was still fairly good. What I don't get is how does PD miss a problem this obvious when the game supports so few wheels, and Thrustmaster seems to be PD's main priority over other companies now. :confused:
Glad someone made a thread about this as it really takes away from the game.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_1887594.html

Fix should be coming next patch, at least for the T500RS, but I assume this is a profile issue and should resolve the issue for the T300RS.

Hopefully it carries over to the T300rs, fingers crossed.

Phew, I was thinking of being only one to have the problem, as many people playing beta said the FFB was almost unexistant, while I'm having hard time to actually steer even with both FFB options on 1.

Have you guys tried putting countersteer assist on weak? It helps with that dampening feeling of the wheel being too heavy. I tend to go back and forth depending on the car. But, I play at 2 FF torque. And 4 FF effects.

T150 here, but I'm having the same issues. I can't feel what the car is doing, I'm only guiding it and getting really rough/harsh feedback in general. Worried as well about breaking the wheel. Was going to try playing around with the FFB settings but the game crashed while completing an online race. The FFB in GTS and PC2 is poor, AC has it right. Hopefully they fix this, it's playable but scary.

I was expecting this to be awful after the above comments but it's worked surprisingly well for me, steering feels perfect weighted wise, feedback, strength, everything by just selecting the T300 wheel controller, in fact it's the first time I've not spent ages tinkering with the settings on a driving game, I'm obsessed with this game already! Hope you guys manage to get your issues sorted.

I was expecting this to be awful after the above comments but it's worked surprisingly well for me, steering feels perfect weighted wise, feedback, strength, everything by just selecting the T300 wheel controller, in fact it's the first time I've not spent ages tinkering with the settings on a driving game, I'm obsessed with this game already! Hope you guys manage to get your issues sorted.
can confirm

Damn I bought a t300rs GT edition with this game and have the same issue. Force feedback is just way too strong, tried playing driveclub and the difference is night and day. Doesn't matter what settings I set in gt sport the ffb is too strong.

Such a bummer...

I have them set at 2 and it was fine for me. I feel sorry for the wheel a bit though, it was definitely stronger than normal

The T300 wheel users that are saying their wheel feels fine ..try turning your fan on manually..press MODE & OPTION button on wheel..fan should come on..I bet you cant do this, because your wheel is not updated with firmware and drivers. This is why your FFB is weak.

Back