Thrustmaster TH8A not recognized on GT7

• Thread starter wvu101
  • 158 comments
Manual shifting is never faster than paddle shifting. You can shift in bigger jumps say 5th to 2nd but that is mitigated by the slower upshifts.
GT makes a slight delay in H-Shifter cars when you're using paddles. You can change the gears yourself a little bit quicker than the game does.

Also just recently go PS5 and jumped back into GT7 for the first time in a while, back to the same issue initially with PS4 Pro, TH8RS doesn't work...lol what a joke of a game

The TH8 Shifter is working since the update 1.06: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_8607273.html

* If you are using the PS5 version of the game:
  • You need to connect the shifter directly to the Thrustmaster wheel base (with the DIN cable).
  • The TH8 can't works on PS5 version of games if connected directly to the console with the USB cable.

* If you are using the PS4 version of the game:
  • You can connect the TH8 directly to the console with the USB cable (it works in this case)
  • You can connect the TH8 directly to th the Thrustmaster wheel base with the DIN cable.

Gear Shift and Clutch Controls: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/manual/controller/02

If you are using a steering wheel controller that has a gear shift (such as the TH8 RS shifter) and a clutch pedal, please be sure to select Manual (MT) transmission in Driving Options. When you start racing, paddle shift will be automatically selected, but you can change the mode by performing the following actions:

・Using the gear shift -> The gear shift alone will become operational (Auto-clutch Mode).
・Stepping on the clutch pedal -> The gear shift and clutch will both become operational (Full Manual Mode).

Using the paddle shift controls in either of these modes will automatically switch the system back to paddle shift mode.

There are certain cars, such as those with torque converters, CVT, dual clutches etc. in which a clutch pedal cannot be used even if a manual transmission mode is available.

Last edited:
Yeah seen that, but it does not make sense if I fire up PS4 version on PS5 and it works..
Should be no issue for them to add support for TH8 shifters plugged in on USB.

I think my connector on the base might be busted.. i updated firwmare on both wheel v34 and shifter v29 and it still wont work when connected to the base.. i hope pd allows a usb hub connection in future updates... I really want to try the clutch and shifter
Same problem. Still hoping it's a bad cable, but this is the first time I've used it. I can't get any input response when connected with the DIN cable to the T-GT wheel base in any PS5 game or on PC using the TM connectivity an functionality test. The DIN cables are out of stock in the US store so it's a waiting game.

Anyone tried shifter on usb lately, have they fixed it?
Havent bothered firing up my Playstation to check in two months now, just get pissed off 😑

Hello I did not understand,
so from today it is possible to use the TH8 Thrustmaster also on PS5 with the logitech g925 steering whee???
thank you

Hello. Any news on TH8RS connected directly to PS5 USB to play GT7?
Got the shifter recently and found that it is not compatible with PS5...
I am thinking about buying USB female to female adaptor and original TH8A cables then conecting TH8RS USB > female to female USB adaptor > TH8A USB male to DIN adaptor > T300 base. Maybe anyone made it to work like that?

Last edited:
Back