Thrustmaster TH8A not recognized on GT7

• Thread starter wvu101
  • 158 comments
I think my connector on the base might be busted.. i updated firwmare on both wheel v34 and shifter v29 and it still wont work when connected to the base.. i hope pd allows a usb hub connection in future updates... I really want to try the clutch and shifter

Same problem here with a T-150 and a TH8A

The shifter plugged to the base using the DIN original cable (No cables or connection issues, I already test it in other games an PC)

Last edited:
The v1.06 update fixes this problem,
T500RS and TH8A can be connected to PS4 pro.
Still not working in my PS5, T-150 😟

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I tried both ways connected to the base of the wheel with the DIN-DIN and to the console DIN- USB.

Still not working in my PS5, T-150 😟

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I tried both ways connected to the base of the wheel with the DIN-DIN and to the console DIN- USB.
Check the firmware version of your devices:

* Firmware of T150 must be V35
Full details here: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t150ffb-en/
T150_CPL_FW_V35.png

* Firmware of TH8A shifter must be V29

Full details here: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/th8a-en/
Fw_TH8A_v29.png

When done, if you play at the PS5 version of GT7, you need to plug the TH8 shifter directly to the wheel base (with the DIN cable).

NB: You can connect the TH8 shifter directly to the console (with the USB cable), only if you play at the PS4 version of the game (it's not working with the PS5 version of the game)

Last edited:

T150_CPL_FW_V35.png

Fw_TH8A_v29.png

When done, if you play at the PS5 version of GT7, you need to plug the TH8 shifter directly to the wheel base (with the DIN cable).

NB: You can connect the TH8 shifter directly to the console (with the USB cable), only if you play at the PS4 version of the game (it's not working with the PS5 version of the game)
Thank you bro. Nothing happens

I'm starting to think that the wheel DIN plug is broken. The wheel is new but seems that have a problem in the internal base plug.
I tried the shifter in my old TMX (for Xbox) and is working perfectly fine. Only in this new T150 gives problems.
Also the app doesn't recognize the shifter when I tried to make the firmware update.

And the wheel is working very bad. Is brand new, I bought it today. When I start the console, the auto-calibration takes forever, sometimes never stops and I need to start all the process again. And even like this the wheel is not aligned, or is aligned and lose the alignment after 1 minute driving in the game (Not always). I did the firmware update to the wheel too but seems like now is worst.

I will return it. I bough it in a physical store in my town.

Thank you again

Last edited:

T150_CPL_FW_V35.png

Fw_TH8A_v29.png

Finally works.

I download the TH8 app. Plug the shifter directly to the PC (Not using the wheel base).

At that moment the app recognize the shifter and was possible make the update to the version 29 (Was 26 before).
When I finish with the shifter I desconnect it and connects the wheel to try another update

Finally I plug all together the PS5 and now works perfect. (The shifter to the wheel base using the DIN-DIN)

Thank you so mucho for your help friend. See ya in the track

It's all working now after update v1.08. I have my th8a plugged into left front USB port of ps4 pro, and it's working fine. T500rs with T-LCM pedals

Hello everyone and happy Sunday, so I who have the Logitech G923 and the th8A shifter with firmware 29 cannot use it because it is not possible to connect it via USB to the ps5!

Now that I understand that it is not possible to connect the TH8A directly to the PS5 via USB,
I ask if you exist and if it is possible to connect the TH8A directly to the Logitech G923 via some adapter

Anyone have an issue with the th8a shifter not working during the daily races in sports mode?

I have t300 + th8a plugged directly into t300. Works on everything else except daily race today. Only tried daily race B, haven't tried the other daily races yet

I just discovered this today. It seems like the clutch pedal and shifter are now disabled in daily races. Super weird.

Running a T300 RS GT, T-LCM, and TH8A combination.

I just discovered this today. It seems like the clutch pedal and shifter are now disabled in daily races. Super weird.

Running a T300 RS GT, T-LCM, and TH8A combination.
It was like this in GT Sport. It’s because people using shifter and clutch could change gears faster than without, so they eliminated the possibility to gain advantage.

It was like this in GT Sport. It’s because people using shifter and clutch could change gears faster than without, so they eliminated the possibility to gain advantage.
Manual shifting is never faster than paddle shifting. You can shift in bigger jumps say 5th to 2nd but that is mitigated by the slower upshifts.

Manual shifting is never faster than paddle shifting. You can shift in bigger jumps say 5th to 2nd but that is mitigated by the slower upshifts.
In a real world scenario you are somewhat correct. In GT though, when using a paddle shifters on a car that has the H-Pattern gearbox, you can most certainly shift faster with the H-Pattern. By a long shot.

In a real world scenario you are somewhat correct. In GT though, when using a paddle shifters on a car that has the H-Pattern gearbox, you can most certainly shift faster with the H-Pattern. By a long shot.
I'm pretty sure the game isn't that detailed.

I'm pretty sure the game isn't that detailed.
Huh? What do you mean?

When I use paddle shifters on the stock '99 STi, it is waaaay slower to change gears compared to when I use the H-Pattern. In fact, any car that has a non-sequential manual gearbox has the ability to shift faster with the H-Pattern than with Paddles.

Latest Posts

Back